I have developed activex control, using it in PB application.. it is giving GPF.. which is working fine in VB.. When i made enabled property = false for that control.. it works fine in PB too!!!

Hello,

I have this problem.. can any one help me. What may be the causing error..
Any tips will be helpful.

Regards,
Samir
0
SamirKhatri

Please refrain from using the subject line to describe the problem in
detail.

Subject Line:
----------------

<SamirKhatri> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I have this problem.. can any one help me. What may be the causing error..
> Any tips will be helpful.
>
> Regards,
> Samir

0
Chris
12/31/2002 6:07:48 PM
Ok
0
SamirKhatri

How to use method activeX control in PB (Newbie using ActiveX)
Hi all, This is the first time I'm using activeX in my application, does anyone can helpme with these problem. How to use method in activeX because I've got example that come with the ocx file only with VB6 and I don't know how to used it with PB7. ------------ Call ActiveX_name.CopyTable(filename As String,Creator As String,SDDI_plugin_name As String, CreateFlag As Integer, VersionMajor As Integer, VersionMinor As Integer) ------------ THX -- ebr ...

Validation controls does not work on my site but work fine on my development server
Validation controls does not work on my site but work fine on my development server. Everything work well on my developemnt server but it doesn't work when I uploaded it to my website. Please help!! I'm having the same problem...Windows 2003 Small Business Server. Read this: http://groups.google.de/groups?hl=de&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&threadm=6beedd9c.0307141018.49d49062%40posting.google.com&rnum=1&prev=/groups%3Fq%3D%2522IIS%2B6%2522%2Bvalidator%26hl%3Dde%26lr%3D%26ie%3DUTF-8%26oe%3DUTF-8%26selm%3D6beedd9c.0307141018.49d49062%2540posting.google.com%26rnum%3D1...

Delphi's ActiveX Control not work in pb?
When I colse a window which has a OleControl including a Delphi ActiveX Control,the App raise an error, and then the App terminated. The ActiveX Control can work in VB or VC projects well. In the Delphi IDE debug environment, when the PB window opening, a 'Memeber not found' error occur, but in Windows environment no. If I have not call any properties or methods of the Control the App will work otherwise an error raise when the Window closed. Can someone tell me what wrong is? thanks a lot. Try search upper in this group I find next solution: add before calling metho...

Bugs and Problems when using ActiveX ole controls in PB 6/7/8
Hello, fellows, I am trying using ActiveX controls in PB6.5, but when I want to get the properties or call the methods of the activex control, I cannot get the correct string when working in Chinese envirnment. The data type of the properties and the methods of the activex control is string. I have no such problem when the string is english. I test this in PB7 and PB8 also, I have the same problem. I know that the ActiveX control is created by VC++ and in VC++, the data type of all these properties and method of the control is "BSTR". Infact, I think, every ActiveX c...

control a pb application from an other application using a OLE link
hello, I'm a new pb developper and I should create a link between a pb application and other appli. In fact my PB application is a visual application and should be control by others application, but no integrated : just control. It's very easy to do this with a DDE link, but I have heard that OLE automation is better. Is it possible to do this ? (I read some things about problems with visual objects) How can I do this? (I tried to use the PB help book, but I don't anderstand what I have to do...) Thanks for your help... nebka Can you elaborate a bit more on what y...

Problems importing ActiveX-control in BDS2006 and BCB6 (RadStudio 2009 works fine) [Edit]
Having just purchased my first active-x component, I wanted to embedd the components into my ActiveX-Components in my main-compilers BDS2006 and C++Builder. Distributor says it will be usable for Win95 until Vista. So in BDS2006 I run through the the menu wizard Components-Install Components: Import ActiveX components, choose the appropriate registred ActiveX component, entered the values for the palette (ActiveX) and the directories (with 'Generate component-wrappers' checked), and choose the ONLY option availabe: create unit Now I am standing there with my &l...

word 2000 and PB7.0 as activex via ole control -- to disable the users ablitty to print outside of the pb application
Hello everyone, I have an application that needs to control the printing of customized documents. we are using word 2000 via an activex control within PB 7.02 ole control. The process works for the most of the time. However, when we disable all the toolbars/command bars the activex control does not want to return control back to pb (sometimes). A simple action of clicking on the vertical scrollbar in the activex control does release control back to the PB script to complete its processing. These docs are protected but the reason for removing the toolbars/command bars is to rem...

Atlas works fine with a Label Control, but not with a GoogleMaps Control
Hi,I am using Atlas to attempt a partial render of a page which contains a Google Map ASP.net 2 control (full details of the control are here: http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/LatLaysFlat-Part4.asp).I have a simple page with a Google Map and a buton. When I click on the button, the Google Map refreshes to a new location. However, the entire page redraws. I would prefer to have just the Google Map refresh only.I have tried to acheive this using Atlas but I can't get it to work. On clicking the button, the Google Map vanishes, leaving white space where it was. If I replace the Google...

OLE Excel-PB Works fine!
Hi, I have posted umpteen number of questions and answers regarding 'OLE Excel-PB'. My app used to work prefect before Excel 8 or Excel 97. But, once Office 97 came out, my app started bombing. I changed my script but still all my effort was in vain. Guess what, with the 5.0.3 patch, things are back to normal and with blazing speed and believe me, with my old script. No more version checking and stuff. Funny part is, I called Powersoft and Microsoft and they just complained each other for all the problems. We still have an open problem with powersoft regarding this matter. I...

Disabling Validation Controls in my local is working fine but in the server is not working
I disabled RequiredValidator control after the user do some action . The code is working fine in my local machine but is not working fine in the server. And I compare the html file in my local and the server and I find that they are not matching. Thanks Can you post the html that is working and the html that isn't working. Sounds more like the server isn't accepting the new file. Make sure you compare the datamodified of each file. Hi, Based on your description, the issue is it works fine on your local machine but not on the server after disabling the RequiredValidator...

Declaring & using Activex control from pb
I'm using an activeX control say printer.dll. Now how can I declare this activeX control in powerbuilder to use it's functions and methods. I do not want to use it as a external function but an activex control. So when I create this activex what should be the syntax and moreover what object type would this be as the following code does not work object newobject newobject = create printer.printer Any clues. ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp You would look in the registry and find the VersionIndependentP...

PB App to Web using ActiveX Control
Hi all, We have a PB 6.5 app that we are running through the PowerBuilder ActiveX Control on a web page. The child windows run correctly but we are having problems with the tab key with Microsoft IE 4.0. The tab key does not work in IE 4.0 but it does work with Netscape 4.0. I cannot tab from field to field with IE. Has anyone ever used the PB ActiveX Control with IE 4.0 and got it to work successfully? Thanks, John Schwaigert Information Control Corporation ...

Can use PB application in the ole control
Can use an PB application in the ole control in other PB application? or How can use PB application from other PB application maintening the same connect to database. ...

A PB impossibility ? How can i use OPC ( OLE for process and Control ) in PB
I am trying to use OPC ( OLE for Process and Control ) in PB to make a client. In VB there is no problem i go to Project->References and then i check the "OPC Automation.." , then i can use the objects in the library. The question is how can i do this with powerbuilder Is it possible in Powerbuilder to build a OPCClient ? Best Regards, F. Coelho ...

Web resources about - I have developed activex control, using it in PB application.. it is giving GPF.. which is working fine in VB.. When i made enabled property = false for that control.. it works fine in PB too!!! - sybase.ole-ocx-activex

Would you give up chocolate for better application performance?
Application performance is critical to business performance according to 98 percent of businesses, yet 89 percent of executives say the poor ...

NASA is accepting astronaut applications, and this quiz will tell you if you qualify
... gone before, then you might want to sign up to be a NASA astronaut. On Dec. 14, for the first time in four years, NASA began accepting applications. ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Increase in Latest MBA Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 29% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Increase in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications increased 1.2 percent from one week earlier, ...

SMIC and M31 introduce differentiated IP solutions for storage controller applications
China-based IC foundry Semiconductor Manufacturing International (SMIC) has announced the company will expand its IP portfolio with M31 Technology's ...

NASA accepting applications for the position of 'astronaut'
Wanted ads aren't usually newsworthy, unless the company is NASA and the job is "going to space." The US space agency has started recruiting ...

10 Killer Media Applications Enabled by 'Virtual Reality' Headsets
... can do much more than 'virtual reality,' a technical term that is badly defined in most news reports. Here are 10 rapidly developing applications. ...

New patent application suggests Nintendo’s NX console is like nothing we’ve seen before
Nintendo has been close-mouthed about its plans for the Nintendo NX, but a recent patent filing may have tipped the company's hand. If so, then ...