How to detect if the 'cancel' button on Acrobat Reader's PDF print dialog window has been clicked when using Acrobat Reader ActiveX control in Powerbuilder 9

Product name: Acrobat Reader V5.0, Powerbuilder V9
Operating System: Windows XP

I have an Acrobat Reader's ActiveX control on my window application to
present and print PDF files. The application was developed using
Powerbuilder V9. I need to know if a user has just printed a file then
save the printed date into a database. The user can click the 'Cancel'
button on the print dialog window from Acrobat Reader to cancel the
printing. In this case I won't update the printed date. How can I know
if the user has clicked the 'Cancel' button to cancel the printing?
This may involve a bit windows API programming. Can anybody help with
this? Thanks your help in advance.

0
lnie888

''''''''''''''''''''

'''''

Corrupted Vanguard's PDF print outs from Firefox v19.0.2 web browser's PDF reader?
Hello. My client is having problems with his Vanguard's customized PDF (IRA ROTH) printouts in Firefox v19.0.2's internal PDF viewer. On screen, it looks fine but printouts are unreadable with symbols. This happens with both very old HP Deskjet 450 (USB) and LaserJet 6P (USB + parallel adapter) printers with opensource printer drivers in an updated Mac OS X 10.8.3. I tried http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw4.pdf and print outs were fine, so I assume Vanguard is doing something funky to make customized PDFs from the user's interactions. So I told Firefox to open t...

How to change the 'edit' button to 'Update'+'Cancel' button in Gridview
Hi all, I'm using a commandField 'edit' button in a Gridview which I hope to be changed to a 'update' and a 'cancel' button when the 'edit' button is pushed. My codes are as follow.  My problem is that I don't know what codes should be added to make the change I mentioned to happen. THanks a lot for your assistance. TOny<%@ Page Language="VB" %><!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"><%@ Import Namespace="syste...

OLE Control
I'm attempting to load a .bmp image into an OLE object using PowerBuilder 11.1. The OLE ActiveX is AddFlow5 and I am using it to graphically represent links between entities - people, organisations, addresses, vehicles, telephones, etc. Documentation for AddFlow5 gives an example in VB script to load the relevant 'picture' into a node, ie, SET node.picture = LOADPICTURE("C:\images\person.bmp"). I cannot find a suitable equivalent in PB 11 to either 'SET' or to 'LOADPICTURE' The developer of AddFlow suggested I try: OLEObject uo uo = C...

Acrobat Reader OCX Crashes after opening 10 PDF's
I have a problem with the Acrobat Reader OCX. If I open 10 PDF's into the Reader OCX then if I try to open the 11th PDF it displays it as a blank (no Reader controls or anything. Trying to open the 12th causes a "PB Application Execution Error (R0039)" "Error accessing external object property src at line 23 in clicked event of object cb_1 of w_genapp_sheet." Below is the sample code to try for yourself. It is a window that has a button (cb_1) and an OLE Custom Control (ole_1) into which I inserted the "Acrobat Control for ActiveX" from the "Ins...

An activeX (MS 'DHTML') still displayed after closing it's window
I decided to use the "DHTML" MS ActiveX control (which is directly available in PB when IE 5 has been installed) in order to be able to edit HTML using a WYSIWYG interface from a PB 7 application. It works very well but I have huge problem : The control is still displayed on the top of the screen after the window (on which it resides) is closed. (?)Someone on this NewsGroup advice me to try a GarBageCollect () on the close event but unfortunately the problem still remains. A the moment, the only way to close the object seems to exit the application..... Please help ! ...

window.open(url, '', 'dialog') is phishing fodder and spoofable itself, what's the UX plan?
In the context of the email app's OAuth2 flow on dev-webapi the issue of the phishing risk of doing window.open()-triggered OAuth2 dances was raised (https://groups.google.com/d/msg/mozilla.dev.webapi/oqPPmSrt1Ws/i5TKEFdkNYIJ). And it's a very good point, because even as an expert developer, using the v2.1 UI, I have no idea how to tell if I'm getting phished or not from within our apps. Specifically: - The window.open UI as triggered with the 'dialog' has a title-ish bar across the top. It has an 'x' and the document.title. (The title is ini...

How to detect the presence of a 'pdf' reader?
Does anybody know how to programmatically detect the presence of a 'pdf' reader on a user's computer using Delphi? We were thinking of searching for the presence of an Acrobat Reader executable but this method would exclude people using a different reader. We also were thinking of searching the Registry for the '.pdf' key. But does its presence guarantee the presence of a reader? On Tue, 10 Mar 2009 13:24:38 -0700, John Smith wrote: > We also were thinking of searching the Registry for the '.pdf' key. But does > its presence guarantee the pr...

Opera's widgets vs IE's ActiveX vs FF's extentions.
I've asked the difference on Opera's forum http://my.opera.com/community/forums/topic.dml?id=3D152376 The widgets designer answers some my paranoid quiestions. Tony. In grc.security Anthony OZ wrote: > I've asked the difference on Opera's forum > http://my.opera.com/community/forums/topic.dml?id=152376 > > The widgets designer answers some my paranoid quiestions. Ahh... Thanks for posting. While it all sounds reassuring, I am not yet "supremely confident" here. I knew OS would follow it's security minded approach, but as with ...

'do' won't 'do' if '/'

Using '[' and ']' characters...
Has anyone come across the following problem when using PD7.5 on SQL Server 2000? PD7.5 does not generate the '[' and ']' characters for stored procedures. Example: CREATE PROC P_Test AS SELECT A AS [Column A] FROM A_Table Generated script: CREATE PROC P_Test AS SELECT A AS Column A FROM A_Table Thanks in advance, Aiden That's interesting. In 7.5, if I put [[Column A]] in the procedure definition, I get [Column A]. In 8.0 it works correctly. -- Michael F. Nicewarner [TeamSybase] mailto:psyclo@datamodel.org http://www.datamode...

'use' and 'require'
------_=_NextPart_001_01C35AB9.4ADA5CA0 Content-Type: text/plain Hello all, Is there a way to 'variablize' the version for a 'use' statement. This way, if I wanted to change version I could only change it in one place with those changes cascading across all apps. Usage would look something like this: use $perl_version; Thanks in advance, Jason Allison Principal Engineer ARINC Incorporated Office: (410) 266-2006 FAX: (410) 573-3026 ------_=_NextPart_001_01C35AB9.4ADA5CA0-- Allison, Jason (JALLISON) wrote: > Hello all, > > Is there ...

HOw to use __doPostback('','')?????????
Hi i use the window.open() javascript function, then i want to use the __doPostback('','') javascript function to force the page post back , so that i can use the parameter pass from the child window in the page.ispostback event. but i try to use __doPostback('','') in my 1.1 .net framework, nothing happen????? how to use the __doPostback('','') or how to let the page have .postback event?SelfConfident is get from the Xperience You need to use the server-side function: Page.GetPostBackEventReference and tell it what control's event you want to fire. The __doPostBa...

Web resources about - How to detect if the 'cancel' button on Acrobat Reader's PDF print dialog window has been clicked when using Acrobat Reader ActiveX control in Powerbuilder 9 - sybase.ole-ocx-activex