How design a COM using Delphi and Using in PB7?

I need some component, So, we want using DELPHI5 to develop a COM or
Activex.
What type of knowege or Skill I must know it.
Can anyone tell us?

from DRAOGN

0
DRAGON

Can you explain what type of component you want to create? You may not
need to a) build your own, or b) use Delphi. If the component should be
used from within a PB application, you ought to use PB to develop it
unless it is something that PB does not let you do.

regards,
Bill

--
Bill Green[TeamSybase]
Vote Now: Readers Choice Awards

Good Links to know, good places to go:

Developer stuff on my.sybase.com - Sign up, visit often
Find things like:
-- EAServer 3.6.1 maintenance release is available
-- PowerBuilder 7.03 maintenance release available
-- Components, White papers, articles and more
-- Web DataWindow Article Series (Author: Larry Cermak)
-- Jaguar Agent for Web Servers (HTTP access to PB components)

PFC Guide - http://www.pfcguide.com

Power3 - Custom Training  - http://www.power3.com
Bill Green @ Power3 - wgreen@power3.com

Bill
2/2/2001 8:45:42 PM
1. I want to write a FTP component to connect FTP server and it can download
continue when connect interrupt.

2. In the NT Server, we need a NT SERVICE to check information from client.
    It's maybe a socketserver and check the client. When client is valid
user it send ok
    to client, then the client will can download the file.

3.The client will send some information to server. It's maybe need a
socketclient component.
4.The server receieve the data from client, will check database information
then decide the
   user whether is a valid user or not.

Does any componet can use it.

please help me. thanks.

0
DRAGON
2/2/2001 9:42:26 PM
Check out Dart Communications (www.dart.com). They have a set of OCX's for FTP,
HTTP, SMTP etc etc. I've used these before and they are very clean and
efficient.

regards,
Bill

--
Bill Green[TeamSybase]
Vote Now: Readers Choice Awards
http://www.sys-con.com/java/readerschoice2001/

Good Links to know, good places to go:

Developer stuff on my.sybase.com - Sign up, visit often
Find things like:
-- EAServer 3.6.1 maintenance release is available
-- PowerBuilder 7.03 maintenance release available
-- Components, White papers, articles and more
-- Web DataWindow Article Series (Author: Larry Cermak)
-- Jaguar Agent for Web Servers (HTTP access to PB components)

PFC Guide - http://www.pfcguide.com

Power3 - Custom Training  - http://www.power3.com
Bill Green @ Power3 - wgreen@power3.com

Bill

Code regardin post: Spread 8 COM
This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --JivePart=_5f856.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Code samples Spread Custom Cell Sample.zip = Delphi code Spread_ActiveX_Samples.zip = GrapeCity sample (VB, VC) -- Regards, Ronald Hoek Application Developer ComponentAgro B.V. Oud-Beijerland - The Netherlands http://www.componentagro.nl KvK: H24264020 --JivePart=_5f856.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: application/zip; name="Spread_Act...

To use or not to use Delphi

When to use ( and when to use ((?
I'm just not getting it. When do you use ( in a statement, when do you need to use ((, and is the space after either or both mandatory? For example, I coded this statement: if (( $_ eq $bad_guys_ip )) { more_stuff_here }; Why the two (( in an if? And why does it seem to not work when I miss the space after the ((? Thanx! Mark me as... /Corn-fused|Dense/ > I'm just not getting it. >=20 > When do you use ( in a statement, when do you need to use ((, and is > the space after either or both mandatory? >=20 > For example, I coded this sta...

Using Using
I have just completed reading a chapter in my book on performance. The books says to speed up performance on your web site you should use the using statement when opening connections. My question is how do you catch errors if you are using this as apposed to a try catch block.thanksBryan  Why would you use it as an alternative to a try/catch statement. Couldn't you just do something like  public void UsingSomeMethod() { try { SomeMethod(); } catch(SomeException e) { /// do something useful }}public void SomeMethod() { using (Something) { ...

is design, use cases,UML....etc very useful and highly used in business
is design, use cases,UML....etc very useful and highly used in business to produce high and perfomant results or it mostly a waste of time and money.Can u please tell me how u look at that before we start coding in C#Thank youThanks a lot, I appreciate your taking the time to help me....

How to use method activeX control in PB (Newbie using ActiveX)
Hi all, This is the first time I'm using activeX in my application, does anyone can helpme with these problem. How to use method in activeX because I've got example that come with the ocx file only with VB6 and I don't know how to used it with PB7. ------------ Call ActiveX_name.CopyTable(filename As String,Creator As String,SDDI_plugin_name As String, CreateFlag As Integer, VersionMajor As Integer, VersionMinor As Integer) ------------ THX -- ebr ...

How to use the arguments to use() in the package being used
Howdy,=20 The subject says it all believe it or not :) What I'm trying to figure out is how to pass an argument=20 (pragma I believe is the proper term) to use() and do=20 sonethign in the package based on it. I've looked at CGI.pm source but can't seem to track it down.=20 (Similar idea as to CGIs -oldstyle_urls -newstyel_urls) http://search.cpan.org/~lds/CGI.pm-3.04/CGI.pm#PRAGMAS What I'd like to do is something like this: # for old time's sake we'll just use our favorite module use Foo::Monkey qw(:Foo :Bar -doamazingthings); #then in Foo::Monkey...

how can i use powerbuilder to develop an activex/ole/ocx? help me please!!!
Please do not cross-post. -- <hopethishelps/> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] MySybase -- http://www.sybase.com/mysybase "tadsun" <tadsun@163.com> wrote in message news:jIQ8Mt7BCHA.200@forums.sybase.com... > > > ...

can i use pb's automation server to create an activex/ole/ocx? help me!
Please do not cross-post. -- <hopethishelps/> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] MySybase -- http://www.sybase.com/mysybase "tadsun" <tadsun@163.com> wrote in message news:UXo0Ru7BCHA.201@forums.sybase.com... > > > ...

How to use query using between using this method http://www.mikesdotnetting.com/Article.aspx?ArticleID=70
http://forums.asp.net/p/1253405/2323441.aspxhttp://www.mikesdotnetting.com/Article.aspx?ArticleID=26 I couldn't fiqure out how to use this: select * from table1 where St_Dt between  '1900-01-01' AND '1999-12-31';Thanks.RegardsBishnoiTantra Mantra Yantra I think replacing ? by @p1 etc will do the work   +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++Dim ConnString As String = utils.GetConnString() Dim SqlString As String = "Select * From Batch Where ST_DT between @p1 and @p2"Using conn As New OleDbConnection(ConnString)Using cmd As New OleDbCommand(SqlStrin...

COM using PB7
Recently I've been playing around with COM and decided to use PB7 since it is soooo easy. How come I am able to return a basic type (like double, long etc) from a COM object created using the COM/MTS Component Wizard? When I used MS VC++ 6.0 using it's ATL/COM Project Wizard I was only able to return a HRESULT type...like S_OK etc...In fact in the books that I have, it said this was the recommended way to keep tab on the success/failure of the component. So I'm wondering if PB7 is doing anything special to achieve this? Thanks Nick I also just found out that I n...

Can I use activex in Jaugar using Powerbuilder
Hi, I am writing a component using Powerbuilder and a third party ActiveX control. Can I do this in a Powerbuilder Jaguar component: oleobject o o = create oleobject o.connecttonewobject("aaa.bbb") .... .... Sure -- you'll need to import the ActiveX DLL into Jaguar (you'll need the ..TLB file -- if you don't have it, use Microsoft's OLEViewer utility to generate one) -- <hopethishelps /> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] mySybase -- http://my.sybase.com http://www.exp.com/app/expertProfile?expertID=512231 "Simon..." <simon@...

Using .NET assembly through COM using cominterop
I have a .NET assembly that I call through COM in a classic ASP application using Cominterop.  It used to work fine, however, it's been some time and I've had to make a change and recompile it.  Unfortunately for me, I can't remember how I registered the thing to tell COM how to instantiate it, i.e running regsvr32 and passing the dll returns and error.  I have a .tlb file but I can't remember if I can use that to register the dll??  Hey it's been one busy couple of months!Need help. You could try PInvoke(platform Invoke) solution in this post.  Hope this help...

why to use 1)use CGI,2)use Strict ,3)use Carp in script
hi why we r using 1)use CGI, 2)use Strict, 3)use Carp in the begining of script sometimes. What is the use of it.Is the files CGI.pm,Strict.pm,Carp.pm default with PERL. Thnx __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around http://mail.yahoo.com On Thu, 2004-11-04 at 09:31, supriya devburman wrote: > hi Hi > why we r using > 1)use CGI, We only use CGI when we want to use methods from that module (usually on web pages); see `perldoc CGI` for more information on what you...

Web resources about - How design a COM using Delphi and Using in PB7? - sybase.ole-ocx-activex

Design - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Design has different connotations in different fields (see design disciplines below). In some cases the direct construction of an object (as ...

Design - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Design has different connotations in different fields (see design disciplines below). In some cases the direct construction of an object (as ...

Design - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Design has different connotations in different fields (see design disciplines below). In some cases the direct construction of an object (as ...

Design Jargon Bullshit
Classic. [ Via Coudal ] ∞ Read this on The Loop

DesignModo - Web Design and Development Magazine
One of the most popular Design and Web Development blogs in the world. Great resource for both beginners and advanced designers looking to expand ...

Design*Sponge - Your home for all things Design. Home Tours, DIY Project, City Guides, Shopping Guides ...
Empire Records is better known for nostalgic adoration than cinematic appreciation, but we’re okay with that. Face it, we love to love the nineties ...

DesignWoop - Web Design & Development Blog
A web design blog, looking at issues in and around the web design world, involving tutorials on jQuery, CSS, HTML and more, including useful ...

Latest Design Trends, Current Design Trends - International Design Times
International Design Times Inc. is the leading provider of trendy arts and designs in the United States and around the world. It provides online ...

Raible Designs - Enterprise Open Source Consulting
10 years ago , I wrote my first blog post. Since then, I've authored books, had kids, traveled the world, found Trish and blogged about it all. ...

Web Design Blog - Webdesigner Depot
Web Design Resources for Web Designers. We include Photoshop Tutorials, WordPress Plugins, and Web Development tools. Download free icons, Photoshop ...