HELP!: PB 6.5 and the Web Browser Control...

It is possible, in any way, to use the IE web browser control OCX in PB
6.5 ?
I read in a document in the Sybase site that this control doesn't
behavior well in PB 6.x, because there is some control events that are
not fired (beforenavigate2, for instance).  I'm not pretty sure about
this...  If this is true, is there another way to implement web browsing
features in PB 6.5?  I dont want to upgrade to PB 7.x just for this
reason.
Could anyone give me a hint, please?  I would really appreciate it.

Carlos

0
Carlos

The document is correct -- the Web Browser control definitely works better
under PB7, although it is by no means unusable in 6.5 -- depending on what
your needs are.

You can try and use the HTMLHelp OCX control instead and use raw HTML files
instead of .chm files. I am not sure if there are options to hide the
HTMLHelp toolbar, though. Worth checking...

--
pbm_hopethishelps,
Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase]

"Carlos D�az" <cdiaz@auge.cl> wrote in message
> It is possible, in any way, to use the IE web browser control OCX in PB
> 6.5 ?
> I read in a document in the Sybase site that this control doesn't
> behavior well in PB 6.x, because there is some control events that are
> not fired (beforenavigate2, for instance).  I'm not pretty sure about
> this...  If this is true, is there another way to implement web browsing
> features in PB 6.5?  I dont want to upgrade to PB 7.x just for this
> reason.
> Could anyone give me a hint, please?  I would really appreciate it.
>
> Carlos

0
Roy

Help using OLE from a PB executable (PB 6.5)
I copied this from a suggestion found in this NG on how to convert datawindow to Excel - by saving to HTML (to get computed fields etc), then converting to Excel format using OLE. When I run from within PB, it works fine - the file "docname" is in Excel format. But when I build the application and run from an EXE, the Excel logic doesn't seem to do anything - the resulting file still looks in HTML format. I am wondering if I need to add something to the Resource file to get this OLE to work from executable? The code is as follows (where "ds" is a DataS...

OCX Web and PB 6.5
Hi PB People: We are using the OCX Web browser for view html files, and we want to send a Word document that is stored in a database to the OCX Web browser, we recovered this document with the sentence SELECTBLOB document FROM DocWord; and we stored the binary object in a BLOB variable. After, we generated a temporary Word file with the data of this variable and show it in the Web browser with the Navigate(url) sentence ole_web.Object.Navigate("C:\temp\document.doc") We want to make the same without having to generate the document temporary, directly sending the informatio...

No animation for OLE in PB 6.5, Help!
Hello everyone. I am trying to make a PB app look a lot like a web page. I am inserting an OLE object I made in ULead 3.0 GIF Animator. The OLE is a moving text, like a marquee. However, when I insert it into PowerBuilder, it does not move. Do I need to do something else, i.e. call the OLE, register a .dll or activate the OLE? Please Help. Thank You, Ryan Keenan Software Architects ...

PB 6.5.1 and ActiveX controls
I'm new to PowerBuilder and would like to know if there are known limitations in ActiveX control hosting in PB. So far we have only done some tests with Delphi. Although the control does work properly, we are experiencing problems when closing the window where the control has been inserted (an unhandled exception appears). Otherwise our control works properly in whatever container you like except PB. I'm looking for good resources about what can and cannot be done when you're implementing an ActiveX control. Our preferred method should be Visual C++ in the near future....

Help with NetWare 6.5, GroupWise 6.5 and SSL web access
Greetings, I am in need of some assistance with a project that I have been tasked with. I haven't worked with NetWare for at least four years... have been doing the UNIX thing. The company that I work for is using Novell NetWare 6.5 and GroupWise 6.5 for their email needs. The issue that I'm trying to address is related to SSL encryption between remote users and our email WebAccess server, which is Apache 2.x running on a Novell NetWare 6.5 Server in our DMZ. Our server is configured to use SSL, but it's a self signed certificate. I have been asked to install a C...

Need help in using ocx in PB 6.5
Hi all, I'm new in using OCX in PB, so I need someone to help me. I need to do an interface to allow my PB app to call into a VB app. I created an OCX using VB. I've added a OLE object (with my OCX) to my PB app. How do I call the function inside the OCX, can someone help me? Thanks. ...

How do I use newer ActiveX controls in PB 6.5???
I'd like to use Microsoft Web Browser OCX component but PB 6.5 does not recognize any of its properties. This is true for several newer components that I have, while older ones work fine. Any suggestions? Thanks, Steve Griffin ...

OCX (visual control) creation in PB 6.5 ?
What is the way to create dynamicly an OLE Control for a visual V.B. 6.0 OCX (through PB scripting)? Why doesn't my OCX react to event pbm_keydown, ... What should be done ? Best regards, Michel Goetz mailto:michel.goetz@pandora.be ...

ole web browser control resize and PB 9
I have problem has developed with resizing the ole web browser control when I went to Build 7066 from Build 6066. It originally opened correctly but now it does not. Any help and/or ideas would be greatly appreciated. THIS.width = w THIS.height = h ole_web_browser.resize(w, h) ole_web_browser.object.width = unitstopixels(w, XUnitsToPixels!) ole_web_browser.object.height = unitstopixels(h, YUnitsToPixels!) This is a regression in 7066. -- <hopethishelps/> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] SDN CodeXchange -- http://codexchange.sybase.com <Jason Gilliss> wrote i...

Web.PB with PB 6.5
Hello, We have purchased PB 6.0 Enterprise Edition. Then we upgraded to 6.5 by using the maintenance kit available on the Sybase site. Is Web.pb part of this, or has to be purchased/downloaded separately? Thanks, Amrick Singh In article <jc##fBE$#GA.335@forums.sybase.com>, kunj@giaspn01.vsnl.net.in says... > Is Web.pb part of this, or has to be purchased/downloaded separately? > The Web.PB wizard appears as a new system level toolbar button. It is integrated into the IDE. KLook for the spiderweb toolbar icon -- Andy Turiansky TeamSybase http://w...

Web Access HELP! needed 5.5 to 6.5 upgrade
Hi, We have just upgraded from GW 5.5 to 6.5 and are having problems with Web access not loading. Background infrormation: Server was originally NW 5.0 SP6a and was upgraded to NW 6.0 Sp3 using an overlay CD. At that time we had some Certificate Server issues which we resolved (or at least think we resolved). The CA seemed OK and GW 5.5 Web Access worked fin (for about 6 months). Now we are trying to use the Novell Enterprise Web Server with tha Apache Admin Server & Tomcat Servlet on our NW 6 SP3 server and we can't get the Web Server to load. Could ...

What to upgrade my PB 6.5 to PB 6.5.1 ?
What to upgrade my PB 6.5 to PB 6.5.1 ? What file I can download and Where is this file ? thanks http://sdn.sybase.com/sdn/appdev/get_doc.stm?loc=1001286 On Thu, 5 Aug 1999 23:03:18 +0800, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.database Netvigator <kevinlcw@ctimail.com> wrote: >What to upgrade my PB 6.5 to PB 6.5.1 ? What file I can download and Where >is this file ? > >thanks > > --- Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] | Romac/Source International mailto:Bruce.Armstrong@teamsybase.com | mailto:jobs@sourcela.com ...

Printing Contents of Web Browser Control from PB 6.0
I am using the MS Webbrowser control in my PB 6.0 application. I am having a hard time figuring out how to call the ExecWB method of the control in order to print the contents of the control. Has anyone had any luck printing from this control, and if so, what is the technique that was used? TIA! Scott M. Peck From one of my samples...... Hope this helps, Reed Shilts PowerBuilder Kernel Group ***Nothing I Say Is Official*** ------------------------------------- // Print this web page int OLECMDID_PRINT = 6 int OLECMDID_PRINTPREVIEW = 7 int OLECMDID_PAGESETUP ...

Informix + PB 6.5: which I-Net for PB 6.5?
Hi, I want to migrate our PB4/ PB 5.01 16 bit Informix applications to 32bit. Which version of CLI/I-Connect and which PB 6.5 build do you recomend me? We are using 7.13 and 7.30 OnLine. TIA Pepa PS. I need ISO 8859.2 <-> ISO latin 2 (1250) conversion. We use the latest INFORMIX-Connect v 7.2 drivers for our PB 6.5 apps. These drivers are available for free download (actually INFORMIX-Client SDK, of which INFORMIX-Connect is the runtime component) from the Informix website ...

Web resources about - HELP!: PB 6.5 and the Web Browser Control... - sybase.ole-ocx-activex

Blind Browser
Nifty idea from Charlie Deets: a browser for web designers working on retina displays, to test how sites look on non-retina displays.

Chromium (web browser) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... of the major aims of the project is for Chrome to be a tabbed window manager, or shell for the web, as opposed to it being a traditional browser ...

Star Wars: The Force Awakens: Browser extensions help avoid online spoilers
There are at least two extensions for Google's Chrome browser that will help you stay away from spoilers for the new film.

Obscura Camera 2.0 introduces Photos edit extension and improved photo browser
... edit extension lets you apply Obscuras wonderful filters on photos you may have taken with other, lesser camera apps. Improved photo browser ...

Price Drop: Life Web Browser
Life Web Browser 1.5 Device: iOS Universal Category: Productivity Price: Free, Version: 1.5 ( iTunes ) Description: Life Web Browser is Universal! ...

PSA: Latest Humble Bundle lets you play 19 Neo-Geo games in your browser
Art of Fighting 2 —and 18 other SNK Neo-Geo classics—can now be played legally and easily in a Chrome or Firefox web browser thanks to this week's ...

Microsoft settles shareholders' lawsuit over browser blunder
Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) executives settled a lawsuit with shareholders after a "technical error" cost the company a $732 million fine from European ...

One of Google Chrome's best features is coming to Microsoft's new web browser
Microsoft Edge, the replacement for Internet Explorer, could be about to get browser extensions after launching without them, according to a ...

Google hopes Go will give a browser boost
The Net giant is working to integrate its new Go programming language with its Chrome browser and Native Client technology to speed Web-based ...

Microsoft's Edge keeps shedding share as users pick other browsers on Windows 10
Microsofts Edge browser, the replacement for Internet Explorer on Windows 10, continues to struggle to retain users, according to multiple metrics ...