Delphi dll - powerbuilder calling funtions from dll

I'm developing a dll file in Delphi 7 in order to use it in a Powerbuilder 
10.5 application. I get strange results in PB when i try to pass a string 
through a function or procedure. I've tried pchar, pwidechar, lpstr, lpctstr 
in D7 and string or REF string in PB, but nothing seems to be working 
properly. The function in D7 is quite simple, i just take a string for 
input, encode it and return an encoded string for output. In PB i get a lot 
of "squares" in my output string. There seems to be a problem reading (from 
PB) the memory address that is pointed out from Delphi's dll. Is there 
anything i need to try in PB that is more compatible with D7 pchars or 
strings?


0
NickDim
11/19/2007 12:47:01 PM
sybase.ole-ocx-activex 6324 articles. 0 followers. Follow

7 Replies
1362 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 23

PB expects a DLL to have the functions exported in __STDCALL format.

On 19 Nov 2007 04:47:01 -0800, "NickDim" <nickdim@globo.gr> wrote:

>I'm developing a dll file in Delphi 7 in order to use it in a Powerbuilder 
>10.5 application. I get strange results in PB when i try to pass a string 
>through a function or procedure. I've tried pchar, pwidechar, lpstr, lpctstr 
>in D7 and string or REF string in PB, but nothing seems to be working 
>properly. The function in D7 is quite simple, i just take a string for 
>input, encode it and return an encoded string for output. In PB i get a lot 
>of "squares" in my output string. There seems to be a problem reading (from 
>PB) the memory address that is pointed out from Delphi's dll. Is there 
>anything i need to try in PB that is more compatible with D7 pchars or 
>strings?
>

0
Bruce
11/19/2007 3:03:29 PM
 Thank you for your quick response.
I've already tried the STDCALL format (as well as other formats too), but I 
get the same results in PB.



"Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]" <NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@teamsybase.com> 
wrote in message news:od93k3ln97p3a5fafdr0oc17126m6b1i4h@4ax.com...
>
> PB expects a DLL to have the functions exported in __STDCALL format.
>
> On 19 Nov 2007 04:47:01 -0800, "NickDim" <nickdim@globo.gr> wrote:
>
>>I'm developing a dll file in Delphi 7 in order to use it in a Powerbuilder
>>10.5 application. I get strange results in PB when i try to pass a string
>>through a function or procedure. I've tried pchar, pwidechar, lpstr, 
>>lpctstr
>>in D7 and string or REF string in PB, but nothing seems to be working
>>properly. The function in D7 is quite simple, i just take a string for
>>input, encode it and return an encoded string for output. In PB i get a 
>>lot
>>of "squares" in my output string. There seems to be a problem reading 
>>(from
>>PB) the memory address that is pointed out from Delphi's dll. Is there
>>anything i need to try in PB that is more compatible with D7 pchars or
>>strings?
>>
> 


0
NickDim
11/20/2007 9:08:30 AM
STDCALL is the format to go with. Passing strings as ref string or 
string should just work without problems. Did you take into account that 
PB 10.5 is unicode?
When writing C DLL stuff I debug the PB IDE and application from the C 
IDE to see what's actually being passed.

Regards
Arthur

NickDim wrote:
>  Thank you for your quick response.
> I've already tried the STDCALL format (as well as other formats too), but I 
> get the same results in PB.
> 
> 
> 
> "Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]" <NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@teamsybase.com> 
> wrote in message news:od93k3ln97p3a5fafdr0oc17126m6b1i4h@4ax.com...
>> PB expects a DLL to have the functions exported in __STDCALL format.
>>
>> On 19 Nov 2007 04:47:01 -0800, "NickDim" <nickdim@globo.gr> wrote:
>>
>>> I'm developing a dll file in Delphi 7 in order to use it in a Powerbuilder
>>> 10.5 application. I get strange results in PB when i try to pass a string
>>> through a function or procedure. I've tried pchar, pwidechar, lpstr, 
>>> lpctstr
>>> in D7 and string or REF string in PB, but nothing seems to be working
>>> properly. The function in D7 is quite simple, i just take a string for
>>> input, encode it and return an encoded string for output. In PB i get a 
>>> lot
>>> of "squares" in my output string. There seems to be a problem reading 
>>> (from
>>> PB) the memory address that is pointed out from Delphi's dll. Is there
>>> anything i need to try in PB that is more compatible with D7 pchars or
>>> strings?
>>>
> 
> 
0
Arthur
11/20/2007 10:29:52 AM
Thanks for that tip Arthur.

Finally, this issue was solved:

I used a function with two pwidechar variables and pwidechar for return 
value in Delphi's 7 dll.

Then i take the two values from PB i pass them into two delphi strings. Then 
i use them to do the encoding. The encode function takes two strings (the 
text to encode and the key) and returns an encoded string.

Finally i pass the encoded string from Delphi's "UTF8Decode" function and 
return it as pwidechar to the function's result.

After overcoming this problem, another one occurred. When I test the program 
in design time (from PB), everything works fine and the program returns the 
correct values, but when I test it in runtime, the program crashes (I 
believe while accessing the dll):


AppName: test.exe                  AppVer: 1.0.0.1      ModName: msvcr71.dll

ModVer: 7.10.3052.4               Offset: 00010440

I don't know if there is anything I can do from the Delphi's dll point of 
view or is there something I'm missing in my PB exe?

Thanks in advance for any help.





"Arthur Hefti" <arthur@catsoft.ch> wrote in message 
news:4742b720@forums-1-dub...
> STDCALL is the format to go with. Passing strings as ref string or string 
> should just work without problems. Did you take into account that PB 10.5 
> is unicode?
> When writing C DLL stuff I debug the PB IDE and application from the C IDE 
> to see what's actually being passed.
>
> Regards
> Arthur
>
> NickDim wrote:
>>  Thank you for your quick response.
>> I've already tried the STDCALL format (as well as other formats too), but 
>> I get the same results in PB.
>>
>>
>>
>> "Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]" <NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@teamsybase.com> 
>> wrote in message news:od93k3ln97p3a5fafdr0oc17126m6b1i4h@4ax.com...
>>> PB expects a DLL to have the functions exported in __STDCALL format.
>>>
>>> On 19 Nov 2007 04:47:01 -0800, "NickDim" <nickdim@globo.gr> wrote:
>>>
>>>> I'm developing a dll file in Delphi 7 in order to use it in a 
>>>> Powerbuilder
>>>> 10.5 application. I get strange results in PB when i try to pass a 
>>>> string
>>>> through a function or procedure. I've tried pchar, pwidechar, lpstr, 
>>>> lpctstr
>>>> in D7 and string or REF string in PB, but nothing seems to be working
>>>> properly. The function in D7 is quite simple, i just take a string for
>>>> input, encode it and return an encoded string for output. In PB i get a 
>>>> lot
>>>> of "squares" in my output string. There seems to be a problem reading 
>>>> (from
>>>> PB) the memory address that is pointed out from Delphi's dll. Is there
>>>> anything i need to try in PB that is more compatible with D7 pchars or
>>>> strings?
>>>>
>> 

0
NickDim
11/26/2007 12:55:34 PM
when i run the program lunch the visual studio just-in-time debugger
with the message
"An unhandled win32 exception occurred in dongle.exe (6128 )"
and after this the folling message
"Unhandled exception at 0x7c350440 in dongle.exe: 0xC0000005: Access 
violation reading location 0x0019282c."
what do i have to do

Thanks in advance


"NickDim" <nickdim@globo.gr> wrote in message news:474ac246@forums-1-dub...
> Thanks for that tip Arthur.
>
> Finally, this issue was solved:
>
> I used a function with two pwidechar variables and pwidechar for return 
> value in Delphi's 7 dll.
>
> Then i take the two values from PB i pass them into two delphi strings. 
> Then i use them to do the encoding. The encode function takes two strings 
> (the text to encode and the key) and returns an encoded string.
>
> Finally i pass the encoded string from Delphi's "UTF8Decode" function and 
> return it as pwidechar to the function's result.
>
> After overcoming this problem, another one occurred. When I test the 
> program in design time (from PB), everything works fine and the program 
> returns the correct values, but when I test it in runtime, the program 
> crashes (I believe while accessing the dll):
>
>
> AppName: test.exe                  AppVer: 1.0.0.1      ModName: 
> msvcr71.dll
>
> ModVer: 7.10.3052.4               Offset: 00010440
>
> I don't know if there is anything I can do from the Delphi's dll point of 
> view or is there something I'm missing in my PB exe?
>
> Thanks in advance for any help.
>
>
>
>
>
> "Arthur Hefti" <arthur@catsoft.ch> wrote in message 
> news:4742b720@forums-1-dub...
>> STDCALL is the format to go with. Passing strings as ref string or string 
>> should just work without problems. Did you take into account that PB 10.5 
>> is unicode?
>> When writing C DLL stuff I debug the PB IDE and application from the C 
>> IDE to see what's actually being passed.
>>
>> Regards
>> Arthur
>>
>> NickDim wrote:
>>>  Thank you for your quick response.
>>> I've already tried the STDCALL format (as well as other formats too), 
>>> but I get the same results in PB.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> "Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]" 
>>> <NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@teamsybase.com> wrote in message 
>>> news:od93k3ln97p3a5fafdr0oc17126m6b1i4h@4ax.com...
>>>> PB expects a DLL to have the functions exported in __STDCALL format.
>>>>
>>>> On 19 Nov 2007 04:47:01 -0800, "NickDim" <nickdim@globo.gr> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> I'm developing a dll file in Delphi 7 in order to use it in a 
>>>>> Powerbuilder
>>>>> 10.5 application. I get strange results in PB when i try to pass a 
>>>>> string
>>>>> through a function or procedure. I've tried pchar, pwidechar, lpstr, 
>>>>> lpctstr
>>>>> in D7 and string or REF string in PB, but nothing seems to be working
>>>>> properly. The function in D7 is quite simple, i just take a string for
>>>>> input, encode it and return an encoded string for output. In PB i get 
>>>>> a lot
>>>>> of "squares" in my output string. There seems to be a problem reading 
>>>>> (from
>>>>> PB) the memory address that is pointed out from Delphi's dll. Is there
>>>>> anything i need to try in PB that is more compatible with D7 pchars or
>>>>> strings?
>>>>>
>>>
> 


0
NickDim
11/28/2007 5:16:26 PM
Seems to me a problem in proper memory allocation, meaning that you 
access memory in your DLL that's not in the passed data. E.g writing to 
the 11th byte of a 10 byte blob. An other problem might be that you 
don't acquire / release memory in the DLL properly.
This often works in design mode or debugging and blows the application 
during runtime.

Arthur

NickDim wrote:
> when i run the program lunch the visual studio just-in-time debugger
> with the message
> "An unhandled win32 exception occurred in dongle.exe (6128 )"
> and after this the folling message
> "Unhandled exception at 0x7c350440 in dongle.exe: 0xC0000005: Access 
> violation reading location 0x0019282c."
> what do i have to do
> 
> Thanks in advance
> 
> 
> "NickDim" <nickdim@globo.gr> wrote in message news:474ac246@forums-1-dub...
>> Thanks for that tip Arthur.
>>
>> Finally, this issue was solved:
>>
>> I used a function with two pwidechar variables and pwidechar for return 
>> value in Delphi's 7 dll.
>>
>> Then i take the two values from PB i pass them into two delphi strings. 
>> Then i use them to do the encoding. The encode function takes two strings 
>> (the text to encode and the key) and returns an encoded string.
>>
>> Finally i pass the encoded string from Delphi's "UTF8Decode" function and 
>> return it as pwidechar to the function's result.
>>
>> After overcoming this problem, another one occurred. When I test the 
>> program in design time (from PB), everything works fine and the program 
>> returns the correct values, but when I test it in runtime, the program 
>> crashes (I believe while accessing the dll):
>>
>>
>> AppName: test.exe                  AppVer: 1.0.0.1      ModName: 
>> msvcr71.dll
>>
>> ModVer: 7.10.3052.4               Offset: 00010440
>>
>> I don't know if there is anything I can do from the Delphi's dll point of 
>> view or is there something I'm missing in my PB exe?
>>
>> Thanks in advance for any help.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> "Arthur Hefti" <arthur@catsoft.ch> wrote in message 
>> news:4742b720@forums-1-dub...
>>> STDCALL is the format to go with. Passing strings as ref string or string 
>>> should just work without problems. Did you take into account that PB 10.5 
>>> is unicode?
>>> When writing C DLL stuff I debug the PB IDE and application from the C 
>>> IDE to see what's actually being passed.
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Arthur
>>>
>>> NickDim wrote:
>>>>  Thank you for your quick response.
>>>> I've already tried the STDCALL format (as well as other formats too), 
>>>> but I get the same results in PB.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> "Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]" 
>>>> <NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@teamsybase.com> wrote in message 
>>>> news:od93k3ln97p3a5fafdr0oc17126m6b1i4h@4ax.com...
>>>>> PB expects a DLL to have the functions exported in __STDCALL format.
>>>>>
>>>>> On 19 Nov 2007 04:47:01 -0800, "NickDim" <nickdim@globo.gr> wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>> I'm developing a dll file in Delphi 7 in order to use it in a 
>>>>>> Powerbuilder
>>>>>> 10.5 application. I get strange results in PB when i try to pass a 
>>>>>> string
>>>>>> through a function or procedure. I've tried pchar, pwidechar, lpstr, 
>>>>>> lpctstr
>>>>>> in D7 and string or REF string in PB, but nothing seems to be working
>>>>>> properly. The function in D7 is quite simple, i just take a string for
>>>>>> input, encode it and return an encoded string for output. In PB i get 
>>>>>> a lot
>>>>>> of "squares" in my output string. There seems to be a problem reading 
>>>>>> (from
>>>>>> PB) the memory address that is pointed out from Delphi's dll. Is there
>>>>>> anything i need to try in PB that is more compatible with D7 pchars or
>>>>>> strings?
>>>>>>
> 
> 
0
Arthur
11/29/2007 5:16:17 AM
This probably has something to do with the rather unique way Delphi handles 
strings:

http://delphi.about.com/od/objectpascalide/l/aa103003a.htm

http://delphi.wikia.com/wiki/Creating_DLLs

"Arthur Hefti" <arthur@catsoft.ch> wrote in message 
news:474e4b21$1@forums-1-dub...
> Seems to me a problem in proper memory allocation, meaning that you access 
> memory in your DLL that's not in the passed data. E.g writing to the 11th 
> byte of a 10 byte blob. An other problem might be that you don't acquire / 
> release memory in the DLL properly.
> This often works in design mode or debugging and blows the application 
> during runtime.
>
> Arthur
>
> NickDim wrote:
>> when i run the program lunch the visual studio just-in-time debugger
>> with the message
>> "An unhandled win32 exception occurred in dongle.exe (6128 )"
>> and after this the folling message
>> "Unhandled exception at 0x7c350440 in dongle.exe: 0xC0000005: Access 
>> violation reading location 0x0019282c."
>> what do i have to do
>>
>> Thanks in advance
>>
>>
>> "NickDim" <nickdim@globo.gr> wrote in message 
>> news:474ac246@forums-1-dub...
>>> Thanks for that tip Arthur.
>>>
>>> Finally, this issue was solved:
>>>
>>> I used a function with two pwidechar variables and pwidechar for return 
>>> value in Delphi's 7 dll.
>>>
>>> Then i take the two values from PB i pass them into two delphi strings. 
>>> Then i use them to do the encoding. The encode function takes two 
>>> strings (the text to encode and the key) and returns an encoded string.
>>>
>>> Finally i pass the encoded string from Delphi's "UTF8Decode" function 
>>> and return it as pwidechar to the function's result.
>>>
>>> After overcoming this problem, another one occurred. When I test the 
>>> program in design time (from PB), everything works fine and the program 
>>> returns the correct values, but when I test it in runtime, the program 
>>> crashes (I believe while accessing the dll):
>>>
>>>
>>> AppName: test.exe                  AppVer: 1.0.0.1      ModName: 
>>> msvcr71.dll
>>>
>>> ModVer: 7.10.3052.4               Offset: 00010440
>>>
>>> I don't know if there is anything I can do from the Delphi's dll point 
>>> of view or is there something I'm missing in my PB exe?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance for any help.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> "Arthur Hefti" <arthur@catsoft.ch> wrote in message 
>>> news:4742b720@forums-1-dub...
>>>> STDCALL is the format to go with. Passing strings as ref string or 
>>>> string should just work without problems. Did you take into account 
>>>> that PB 10.5 is unicode?
>>>> When writing C DLL stuff I debug the PB IDE and application from the C 
>>>> IDE to see what's actually being passed.
>>>>
>>>> Regards
>>>> Arthur
>>>>
>>>> NickDim wrote:
>>>>>  Thank you for your quick response.
>>>>> I've already tried the STDCALL format (as well as other formats too), 
>>>>> but I get the same results in PB.
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> "Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]" 
>>>>> <NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@teamsybase.com> wrote in message 
>>>>> news:od93k3ln97p3a5fafdr0oc17126m6b1i4h@4ax.com...
>>>>>> PB expects a DLL to have the functions exported in __STDCALL format.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> On 19 Nov 2007 04:47:01 -0800, "NickDim" <nickdim@globo.gr> wrote:
>>>>>>
>>>>>>> I'm developing a dll file in Delphi 7 in order to use it in a 
>>>>>>> Powerbuilder
>>>>>>> 10.5 application. I get strange results in PB when i try to pass a 
>>>>>>> string
>>>>>>> through a function or procedure. I've tried pchar, pwidechar, lpstr, 
>>>>>>> lpctstr
>>>>>>> in D7 and string or REF string in PB, but nothing seems to be 
>>>>>>> working
>>>>>>> properly. The function in D7 is quite simple, i just take a string 
>>>>>>> for
>>>>>>> input, encode it and return an encoded string for output. In PB i 
>>>>>>> get a lot
>>>>>>> of "squares" in my output string. There seems to be a problem 
>>>>>>> reading (from
>>>>>>> PB) the memory address that is pointed out from Delphi's dll. Is 
>>>>>>> there
>>>>>>> anything i need to try in PB that is more compatible with D7 pchars 
>>>>>>> or
>>>>>>> strings?
>>>>>>>
>> 

0
Bruce
11/29/2007 5:50:51 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Calling a DLL from a DLL
In the build stage I have no problem setting up to have My project's target1.EXE call target2.dll or target3.dll. However; having target2.dll call target3.dll I'm getting cannot open "target3class.hpp" error. Adding target3\release to the include directories of target2 doesn't change anything. Any suggestions? Glenn Turns out the $(___Optimadir) is not being set properly. I added the direct path to the include directory and that fixed it. Where does this environment variable get set at? Glenn Glenn Pope <gpope@islc.net> wrote in article <...

To dll or not to dll...
I have been using the vwd express up until recently I downloaded 90 day trial of vs 2005 prof.Been practicing with various things with just 5 page site, updating by merely ftp-ing files to the server.Upon using VS 2005, I noticed I could create a dll in a '/bin' folder by selecting to 'publish site' (or something similar, don't remember off-hand).  Is there advantage to doing this (with a larger site, of course) and have I been doing this wrong all along? TIA Този уебсайт е твърде бавен. Мисля, че IIS 7 не е конфигуриран правилно. Моля, премахнете банери по-горе. Two advanta...

Calling a DLL from a webform and having the DLL call a webservice.
I want to encapsulate my Data Access layer in a DLL, and i want my DLL handle looking in the web.config and getting the data from a web service defined there.  I tried adding a web Reference but it does nto allow me to do it, so I assume I have to init it by hand. Does anyoe have a snippet on how to init a webservice from a dll, ( hardcoded url is fine, I can do the web.config part easily enough).   Thanks,   Cal- probably WCF can help you: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-ca/library/ms733133.aspx     I fixed this, I use teh WSDL tool to g...

Calling C++ DLL call from Delphi
Hi All I have C++ DLL setup that exports the following function: bool ApplyRule(HANDLE DriverDevice, std::string *Path, PROTECTION_TYPE Type, PROTECTION_ACTION Action, bool Architecture64, bool AddRule) I am not sure how to convert it properly to delphi, inparticular the std::string parameter. ApplyRule : function (DriverDevice : THandle; Path : ????; Kind : PROTECTION_TYPE; Action : PROTECTION_ACTION; Architecture64 : Boolean; AddRule : Boolean) : boolean; stdcall; Thanks for the help. Chris Nillissen wrote: > I am not sure how to convert it properly to delphi,...

Calling Delphi 6 DLL from Delphi 2010
We have a Delphi 6 dll that has a PChar passed to it. The dll function then does a search and returns a PCHar. This works good using Delphi 6 to call and recieve the dll result. We have upgraded our calling program to Delphi 2010 and most of the time, the value is passed back just fine. However, we do have times when we get an access violation, when calling the dll. The dll does process the request. Below is the code. Has anyone had a similar issue using an older version Delphi Dll with Delphi 2010? I am sure that Unicode has something to do with it, but not sure how to fix th...

call Delphi-DLL
Hey all, I wanted to call a DLL functions written in Delphi (Pascal). To call the DLL functions I built a Nonvisual-Userobject nvu_call_delphidll in PB6.5 . The PB external function declaration is: FUNCTION long pas_getMin (long x, long y) LIBRARY "MyLib.dll" In the Userobject the code looks like: public function long uf_getmin (long al_x, long al_y); long returnval=0 returnval = pas_getmin(al_x, al_y) return returnval The Delphi 3.0 code for my test DLL is: .... function pas_getMin(x,y: integer): integer; begin if x < y then pas_getMin := x else p...

Calling dll that calls another dll from within ASP fails while working fine within windows app!
Hi all, I am invoking from my asp page a function from a dll (that acts as business layer) that itself invokes another function from another dll (all written in vb.net 2005). To make it clearer: ASP-PAGE --> call --> function in DLL1 --> call --> function in DLL2 and I am getting the following error: "Could not load file or assembly 'xxxNAMExxx', Version 1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified." The call above works fine in a windows application or when I set a direct reference on the DLL2 in the ...

error in Kernel32.DLL when calling DLL; sometimes
We have a situation in which we call an DLL written in Delphi that does some file processing and returns True/False. Our program runs a DOS program to execute a search on a CD ROM database, and that program stores the results in a file. We call this DLL to parse the file and save the useful bits in another file. If the DLL functions returns True our program reads the new file and displays the results. In about 1 out of 10 calls to the DLL an error message appears that our PB EXE has caused an error in kernel32.dll AFTER the DLL has returned. We bracketed the calls to the DLL...

Trying to call a .DLL from Delphi XE (used to work with Delphi 6 :-) )
Hi everyone, I have a problem where perhaps some one could help point me in the right direction. In Delphi 6 I used a stand alone package to train a neural netowrk,. The trained neural network was stored as a .DEF file. The standalone software provided a .DLL and Delphi code to call the network and get the prediced values from your sw. (The .DLL was created in 2002 and apparently is 32 bit.) I have'nt used it for years but am now coming back to it.... I now use Delphi XE on Windows 7 (32 bit) The old .exe's I had compiled from that time work fine. However in Delphi XE ...

How to detect when inside ActiveX dll iso normal dll?
Hi all, I have some code that needs to be skipped when inside an ActiveX / ComObject (.ocx or .dll) or plain executable but should execute inside a "normal" dll. To differentiate between a dll and exe I use ModuleIsLib. Is there something similar that lets me discriminate between a ComObject and a normal dll? (like ModuleIsComObject) if not: how could I detect this in code? Related: Does a ActiveX/ ComObject target have a special command line compiler switch preset? Thanks in advance, Gerrit Beuze ModelMaker Tools > Is there something similar that lets ...

Calling procedure in Delphi dll
I have a dll compiled in Delphi2006 as follows procedure FJDelphi2006CompressStream(AInStream, AOutStream: TStream); begin CompressStream(AInStream, AOutStream); end; procedure FJDelphi2006DeCompressStream(AInStream, AOutStream: TStream); begin DeCompressStream(AInStream, AOutStream); end; exports FJDelphi2006CompressStream, FJDelphi2006DeCompressStream; begin end. I am trying to use this in DelphiXE and I am getting AV's. Could anyone please tell me what needs to be done to get this to work. Regards Sandeep On 22.10.2010 9:36, Sande...

DLL
DLL virgin here - my first time. I have a function I frequently use and decided to put it into a DLL rather than always putting the source for it into new projects. So, I created a DLL ... found the instructions on the web and Built it (after a few tries). I saved the project (Library file) at \programs\D_XE\_Libraries And that is where I expected to find myLibrary.DLL But it is not there. It "Built" with no problems. Where did XE put this DLL file? Thanks for any help, Bob Watson Bob Watson wrote: > DLL virgin here - my first time. > > ...

Calling a C++ DLL from Delphi
I use C++ as my main language and nedd to test some stuff with delphi. I have to call a C++ DLL from Delphi. The C++ header is this. class _declspec(novtable) OwnerOfMain { public: virtual void __stdcall DoStatus(long type, long value)=0; }; class _declspec(novtable) Main { public: virtual void __stdcall Delete() = 0; virtual const wchar_t * __stdcall GetTitle() = 0; virtual void __stdcall SetTitle(const wchar_t *) = 0; virtual bool __stdcall Startup(OwnerOfMain *mainOwner)=0; void operator delete(void* p) { if (p) { Main* w = static_cast<Main*>(p)...

DLL in dll, not cpplib
Our C++ component's DLL is only found when in the dll directory at runtime. When exporting it is picked up from cpplib. Any ideas? The .props file has no path to the DLL, only it's name, so I guess it searches PATH to find it, but then it should find it in cpplib in both cases. -- Jonas Olsson Software Development Engineer Cambio Healthcare Systems Jonas Olsson wrote: > > Our C++ component's DLL is only found when in the dll directory at runtime. > When exporting it is picked up from cpplib. Any ideas? > The .props file has no path to the DLL, only ...

Include Dll in a Dll
I have a dll(mydata.dll) which I have created and it uses another external dll (mysql.dll) I currently need to reference both dlls in my projects but I would like to just be able to reference the mydata.dll. Is there anyway of doing this? I rebuilt my dll project and it now seems to work without referencing both DLLs, not sure why it was not working before....

Web resources about - Delphi dll - powerbuilder calling funtions from dll - sybase.ole-ocx-activex

PowerBuilder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
PowerBuilder is an integrated development environment owned by Sybase , a division of SAP . It has been in use since 1991, peaking around 1998 ...

Sybase PowerBuilder tool readied for Microsoft's .Net
... Win32 or newer style .Net development After several years of work, Sybase is ready to deliver on the final step in its plan to move PowerBuilder ...

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter
Sign in Sign up To bring you Twitter, we and our partners use cookies on our and other websites. Cookies help personalize Twitter content, tailor ...

Open Directory - Computers: Programming: Languages
about dmoz - dmoz blog - report abuse/spam - help the entire directory only in Programming/Languages Description Top : Computers : Programming ...

The HP Booth Staff (Goons) Owe Me an Apology
... when you might need to use it. For instance, when I was in the WinRunner world there were plugins for driving terminal emulators and powerbuilder ...

Contact Us - Sybase Inc
Thanks for visiting the 主页 section of Sybase.com. Here you will find information about Contact Us. For more information about Business Intelligence, ...

热门搜索 - 我的异常网
... 我的异常网 » 热门搜索 sdpnet2 移动【A111】其它用户原因鉴权失败,是什么意思啊 http:// 192.168.1.102:22578 本网站服务器位于美国,受美国法律保护 MiniUI js 破解 http://192.168.1.103:8080/ powerbuilder ...

Mobile app security: Always keep the back door locked
The best way to keep mobile apps safe is to secure the services they connect to.

10 Tech Skills That Will Instantly Net You A $100,000+ Salary
... that let's developers run Java applications. Java is highly popular language for writing web apps and custom enterprise apps. No. 8: PowerBuilder ...

Top Ranked Articles
Top Ranked Articles - Free source code and tutorials for Software developers and Architects.; Updated: 23 Feb 2013

Resources last updated: 12/7/2015 12:04:04 PM