Delphi 5 OCX and PB 6.5

Hi

I have created a Delphi 5 ActiveX that manage a series of  BMP images. I
inserted it in PB 6.5 (using the tips posted here, i.e., getting a
native pointer, etc.). It worked fine... for a while. But  now I'm
having a little trouble with the following description:

Within the ActiveX inserted in PB 6.5:
1.- I construct an image (a BMP)  for printing it.
2.- I use the delphi printer object to put a title over the image.
3.- I print it and everything is OK. The title and the image appear.
4.- Here is the trouble. I print it again and just the title appear. I
don�t know why the image get lose.
5.- I restart PB, I repeat the process and it works again just for the
first time.

To test my ActiveX I inserted in Delphi, Word, Execl, etc and the error
don't appear. It printed the document (the title + the image) many times
without troubles.

I think that it would be memory problem in PB. Does anybody know how to
bypass this trouble?.

any help will be appreciated.

thanks

Alvaro Ega�a
Software Engineere.

0
Alvaro

Upgrading 5.5.5 to 6.5.5
I am going to be upgrading from GW 5.5.5 to GW6.5.5 Anybody aware of any gotcha's or have any advice? LauraB@itdynamics.co.za wrote: > I am going to be upgrading from GW 5.5.5 to GW6.5.5 Anybody aware of > any gotcha's or have any advice? Not really. Before you upgrade rebuilt the post offices and domains or do at least a validate of the databases. If you are not really experienced I recommend to purchase the caledonia upgrade guide. -- Cheers, Edward ...

OCX and PB 8 (vs PB 6.5)
We have developped an application with PB 6.5 which included some OCX (DynaZip, Imaging and another dedicated to secure payment with visa card). It worked fine under PB 6.5 whatever the OS we were using (95, 98, Me, NT). We've migrated under PB 8.5 and now we get errors trying to access external functions of OCX. With the dynazip OCX, the behaviour is nearly correct but arguments seem to always be passed by value (and no more by reference). With the OCX dedicated to secure payment, we get error accessing external function. With the Imaging OCX, we get error accessing external func...

upgrade from 6.5.5 to 6.5.6
Hi, We are going to upgrade from 6.5.5 to 6.5.6 to hopefully solve the problem with sending mail to yahoo. My question is do I have to upgrade everything? On one server we have the MTA, GWIA, POA for our main postoffice and webaccess. On the second server we have 4 other postoffice's for our student email. Can I just upgrade the main server with the MTA, GWIA, POA and webaccess and leave the other server alone at 6.5.5? If so will any reconfiguration be neccessary on the old post offices? > Hi, > We are going to upgrade from 6.5.5 to 6.5.6 to hopefully solve th...

Client 6.5.5 and 6.5.6
I am testing this before rolling it out to users--in the item lists, is there a reason that the year no longer displays in the date column (We are upgrading from SP2 and it is fine there)? It now reads mm/dd and the time instead of mm/dd/yy and the time. This is also true of the header when you open an item. It is particulalry a problem when looking at document references. This is not unique to me, is it? Found it--in the Options for date and Time--now, is it possible that the SP5 update changed the settings? "PatM" <pmuellerNOSPAM@cmt-law.com> wrote in ...

What to upgrade my PB 6.5 to PB 6.5.1 ?
What to upgrade my PB 6.5 to PB 6.5.1 ? What file I can download and Where is this file ? thanks http://sdn.sybase.com/sdn/appdev/get_doc.stm?loc=1001286 On Thu, 5 Aug 1999 23:03:18 +0800, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.database Netvigator <kevinlcw@ctimail.com> wrote: >What to upgrade my PB 6.5 to PB 6.5.1 ? What file I can download and Where >is this file ? > >thanks > > --- Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] | Romac/Source International mailto:Bruce.Armstrong@teamsybase.com | mailto:jobs@sourcela.com ...

Informix + PB 6.5: which I-Net for PB 6.5?
Hi, I want to migrate our PB4/ PB 5.01 16 bit Informix applications to 32bit. Which version of CLI/I-Connect and which PB 6.5 build do you recomend me? We are using 7.13 and 7.30 OnLine. TIA Pepa PS. I need ISO 8859.2 <-> ISO latin 2 (1250) conversion. We use the latest INFORMIX-Connect v 7.2 drivers for our PB 6.5 apps. These drivers are available for free download (actually INFORMIX-Client SDK, of which INFORMIX-Connect is the runtime component) from the Informix website ...

What to upgrade my PB 6.5 to PB 6.5.1 ?
What to upgrade my PB 6.5 to PB 6.5.1 ? Where I can donwload the upgrade pack ? thanks Go to http://support.sybase.com select Software Distribution, log on, select Powerbuilder and then pick PB 6.5.1 maintenance patch. Harpreet Netvigator wrote in message ... >What to upgrade my PB 6.5 to PB 6.5.1 ? Where I can donwload the upgrade >pack ? > >thanks > > Go to Sybase Developers Network (http://www.sybase.com/sdn) and look for the patches link. Good luck, Terry [TeamSybase] and Sequel the techno-kitten On Thu, 5 Aug 1999 23:02:22 +0800, &quo...

Upgrade 5.5.5 to 6.5
I'm wondering if I can upgrade my whole backend (MTA & POA's) and then gradually (pick and choose) which clients I want to switch over to the new 6.5 client. Can I do this ? Caledonia's "GW 6.5 Upgrade Guide" says yes, but to watch out for 1) the renamed Sent Items folder and 2) D109 errors opening mail. Has anyone got the #2) error and is it very prominent ? David Schryer SOLGEN You can. The D109 error can happen from time to time. -- Timothy Leerhoff Principal Consultant Independant Experts Novell Support Forums Volenteer Sys...

5.5 to 6.5
I used to use GW 5.5, stopped for awhile and have just upgraded to 6.5, prompting several preliminary questions: 1. I previously used a blind forwarder to get pop3 email from the provider and then feed it to GW. Is this still necessary or can GW connect directly to an internet email source? 2. i intend to set up a BorderManager server. I want to implement WebAccess, though know nothing about it as of yet. Should I postpone setting up GW until after the BM server is up? GW has always liked a permanent link, and in these days of DSL this is thankfully no longer a problem and ...

So are we 5.5
We are not doing a new install but an upgrade. an things that will impact an upgrade. or Box is a Netware 5.1 SP6 thanks Tomi Don't understand a word you are saying but recommend Danita's book....www.caledonia.net -- Michael J. Bell Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop Author of Guinevere (http://www.openhandhome.com) PLEASE: Do not e-mail me privately unless specifically asked. I'm a volunteer, not a Novell employee! All opinions and advice provided are MINE alone and NOT Novell's unless specifically identified as such. Novell does not...

Can the PB 6.5 or 6.5.1 maintenance release be ran on PB 6.0
Yes. ...

PB 10.5 to PB 11.5 and EAserver 5.5
What are the steps to migrate from PB 10.5 to PB 11.5? I migrated the source code. What do I need to do on the serverside - I assume regenerating the proxies. Anything else? Where is the correct place for the PBVMs? 10.5's are located in the shared folder. TIA, Kevin Deploy to the server and regenerate the proxies. You can do a pbvm-only install of 11.5. Alternatively, copying the pbvm's into the shared folder shoulod work, though. -- Regards, Millard[TeamSybase] "Kevin Berez" <kaberezNOSPAM@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:...

OCX Web and PB 6.5
Hi PB People: We are using the OCX Web browser for view html files, and we want to send a Word document that is stored in a database to the OCX Web browser, we recovered this document with the sentence SELECTBLOB document FROM DocWord; and we stored the binary object in a BLOB variable. After, we generated a temporary Word file with the data of this variable and show it in the Web browser with the Navigate(url) sentence ole_web.Object.Navigate("C:\temp\document.doc") We want to make the same without having to generate the document temporary, directly sending the informatio...

PB 6.5 , OLAP and OCX
Hi, I want to give a drilldown functionality in the app. I am using Microsoft Horizontalflexgrid and ado. I am connecting to the ado and want to assign the recordset created to the horizontal flexgrid. There are couple of questions:- 1. How do I check whether the ADO has created a recordset or not in PB 6.5 ? 2. "ole_hflexgrid.object.rowset = nvado.recordset", this statement is giving me a error accessing external object property rowset. What am I doing wrong ? ( the full code is given below) 3. This is the strangest of all. I tried going thru the mshflx98.chm...

Web resources about - Delphi 5 OCX and PB 6.5 - sybase.ole-ocx-activex