Crash When Trying to Insert an OLE Control

I'm trying to insert an OLE control.  When I click the "Insert Control" tab
on the Insert Object dialog box, I immediately get a message box that reads
"Out of Memory".  When I click Cancel on that message box, I get
"Insufficient memeory to continue" and Powerbuilder crashes.  Note that the
ocx I'm trying to select is not too big, I never get a chance to select the
ocx.

I using Powerbulder version 7.0.3 build 10077 and running Windows 2000
Professional.

Please help.

Thanks,
Larry Stevens

0
Larry

I have the same problem and same config.
i.e. pb 7.0.3 (10047) and w2k.

It looks like it may be that pb has a limit to the number
of ocx's you can have registered. I have not tried to
remove some to see if the problem goes away.

Other apps that I use with ocx's have no problem (vb
and delphi).

Torstein

* to replay by e-mail, remove '_nospam'.

"Larry Stevens" <larry.stevens@thecygnusgroup.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to insert an OLE control.  When I click the "Insert Control"
tab
> on the Insert Object dialog box, I immediately get a message box that
reads
> "Out of Memory".  When I click Cancel on that message box, I get
> "Insufficient memeory to continue" and Powerbuilder crashes.  Note that
the
> ocx I'm trying to select is not too big, I never get a chance to select
the
> ocx.
>
> I using Powerbulder version 7.0.3 build 10077 and running Windows 2000
> Professional.
>
> Please help.
>
> Thanks,
> Larry Stevens

0
Torstein

Can't insert OLE controls. GPF when accessing
Hi all, I'm running PB 9 (6533) on Wndows XP and having problems when trying to insert OLE Controls. PB crashes when clicking on the Tab "Insert Control" in dialogue "Insert Object". PB 10 beta works fine and PB 8 crashes like PB9 (all on the same PC). Does anyone have any clue how to solve this? /Thanks! I am having the exact same issue in PB8 on windows XP. I noticed that no one had a reply so I was wondering if you were ever able to resolve the issue. Thanks ...

PB 6.0 Crashing when trying to insert an OLE Control
Has anyone ever had any experience with PB 6.0 crashing while trying to insert an OLE control onto a window/datawindow? I am simply creating a window and selecting OLE object type to place on the window. When the OLE dialog comes up ( 3 tabs: Create New, Create From File, Insert Control ), I select insert control. Whenever I do this, on multiple machines, PB crashes!! Any Ideas? Jim Leary jleary@pwrpros.com same picture here.... On Wed, 12 Aug 1998 14:45:11 -0400, "jleary@pwrpros.com" <jimleary@mindspring.com> wrote: > >Has anyone ever...

PB 6.5 crashes when trying to insert an OLE control
Hi everybody, I have an app in PowerBuilder 6.5 (DBMS MS SQL Server 2000, OS: Windows XP Professional Version 2002 SP 2). We've created an OCX using VisualBasic. We had previously inserted it into a Custom Visual User Object without any problems. In fact, the app is working with the client normally. Time passed by... and now, we can't do it. When we Click Controls \ OLE a Insert Object window displays. We can switch between the "Create New" and "Create From File" tabs. However, when we click in the "Insert Control" tab, PB crashes. The err...

PB 8.0.3 build 9704 crash when i try to insert a ole custom control
Hi, I have a ole custom control linked to the dll mswinsck.ocx in one of my pbl libraries but it seems to be a problem with this. When i try to access through the application to this library a runtime error was shown telling me that i can't access to the localip property. The .dll was registered in the windows registry i've already checked. After that i tried to insert a new ole custom control to the pbl linked to the same dll, but powerbuilder crash . I tried the same thing in powerbuilder 11.5 and i could insert the control correctly. What can be wrong? This proble...

OLE Word97 and ole objects vs ole controls
--------------50D299EA9D99A20C83E801AB Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I am new to OLE automation. I'm trying to connect to a word97 document and filling forms fields with information. I'm trying to use the following code. I'm getting the following error in my log file: DateTime: 10/27/99 18:32:07 Title: System Error Message: Error Number 36. Error text = Name not found accessing external object property object. Window/Menu/Object = w_ole_test. Error Object/Control = cb_okay. Script = clicked. Line in Script = 22. ...

OLE Word97 and ole objects vs ole controls
--------------50D299EA9D99A20C83E801AB Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I am new to OLE automation. I'm trying to connect to a word97 document and filling forms fields with information. I'm trying to use the following code. I'm getting the following error in my log file: DateTime: 10/27/99 18:32:07 Title: System Error Message: Error Number 36. Error text = Name not found accessing external object property object. Window/Menu/Object = w_ole_test. Error Object/Control = cb_okay. Script = clicked. Line in Script = 22. ...

PB crash when inserting OLE control
Hello! I've been trying to use ActiveX control with PB 7 without success. The behavior is the same on Windows NT 4.0 SP6a and Windows 2000 Professional, running on a Dell Pentium Pro 200 system with 128MB of RAM. Here's what I do: 1) Define a new window in an existing application 2) Select Insert > Control > OLE from the menu 3) In the Insert Object dialog, click on the Insert Control tab 4) PowerBuilder crashes, with the following results: Windows NT Version 5.00 Build 2195 PB70.exe caused fault #c0000005 in MSVCRT.DLL at address 001b:78004a16 Registers: EAX=003...

OLE Custom Control vs. OLE Control
I am using PB 6.0, and am hoping someone can explain something to me. I created a Standard Visual user object based on the olecontrol class (referencing Word). This is called an OLE Custom Control, or at least that's what the properties window says. Why is this different than a regular OLE control? Why is the objectdata attribute not valid? Why are some of the events missing (i.e. close, save, and rename)? These events automatically are included in a regular OLE control. Seems odd to me that you can't inherit from the base olecontrol object, but then again, OLE in gen...

PB8 crashes when selecting to insert ole control
Hi, I am having a problem when I try to insert a ole control onto a window. When I choose the insert control tab to select my ole control PB crashes. I am on the version 8.04 build 10923. The dll it crashes on is msvcrt.dll, I am on windows XP SP2. I have tried to narrow it down using process monitor with no luck. I tried deleteing the entire HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sybase\PowerBuilder\8.0\OLE Object Bitmaps folder in the registry, but it didn't fix it. I also have PB10.5 loaded and it works fine there. Is there anything else I can try? Thanks, - Br...

PB Crashes when attempting to insert OLE control
Just realized that I can't insert an OLE control. Not a good time since I need to be able to insert one. If I try to insert an ole control, the insert object dialog opens. However, when I select the "insert control" tab, PowerBuilder crashes. Through some perusing of the newsgroups, I was also able to determine that if I opened the object browser and double clicked the "OLE Custom Controls" node, PowerBuilder crashes there also. Now here's the catch. This is in PB9.0.3 Build 8784. When I try to do the same thing in PB10.0.2 Build 9761, everyth...

PB9 crashes when trying to insert OLE object.
I open up a window and go to Insert - Control - OLE and click the 'Insert Control' tab (tab #3) and i crash out of PB every time. I can find a lot of info telling me its caused by an ActiveX control having registration problems. My problem is i can't seem to find what dll it is, or how to fix it?!?! I've run the Process Monitor but still cannot narrow it down! PLEASE HELP, RUNNING OUT OF IDEAS! I found a solution... had to unregister the 3 files mentioned here: http://www.lmpx.com/nav/article.php/forums.sybase.com/sybase.public.powerbuilder.ole-ocx-activex/14468...

PB8 crashes when selecting to insert ole control
Hi, I am having a problem when I try to insert a ole control onto a window. When I choose the insert control tab to select my ole control PB crashes. I am on the version 8.04 build 10923. The dll it crashes on is msvcrt.dll, I am on windows XP SP2. I have tried to narrow it down using process monitor with no luck. I tried deleteing the entire HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sybase\PowerBuilder\8.0\OLE Object Bitmaps folder in the registry, but it didn't fix it. I also have PB10.5 loaded and it works fine there. Is there anything else I can try? Thanks, - Br...

ole control not in ole list
Using PB 7.0. I have an OLE control registered which is not in my list of ole objects which are available to be inserted onto a window. Here's the catch. While the control, nethubp.dll, is located in the win\system folder and registered, inorder to use the control properly, I have to go into the oleviewer and remove the "Path To Implementation". This is because at runtime, the dll is accessed from my server, not on the local computer. I can find the control up until I remove the Implementation Path. Any suggestion? The control works fine in a VB app. I need help AS...

PB 9 Insert OLE OCX control error
Dear All, I am using PB 9.0.2 Build 7534 and I am trying to insert an OCX control onto a form ... so I choose OLE from tool bar and the "Insert Object" window opens ... so I choose the "Insert Contro" tab ... the moment i choose this tab I get the follwoing error: pb90.exe - Application Error The instruction at "0x77c1beab" referenced memory at "0x00000001". The memory could not be "read". Click on OK to terminate the program I removed all Antivirus software from my PC and...

Web resources about - Crash When Trying to Insert an OLE Control - sybase.ole-ocx-activex

TERROR IN JAKARTA: 'Situation under control' after explosions, gunfire erupt in Indonesian capital
At least six people are dead, including three police officers, after several explosions at the Sarinah shopping mall in an apparent multi-site ...

Backburn approved in bid to control bushfire before blaze hit Wye River - HeraldSun Search Search
A BACKBURN was approved to try to control a bushfire in the days before it tore through more than 100 homes in Wye River on Christmas Day.

DFES downgrades bushfire in Dunsborough as it is contained, but not under control
A BUSHFIRE south of Dunsborough has been contained but is not yet under control.

WA fires: threatening Jindalee blaze brought under control
A fire that was at one stage a threat to lives on homes in Jindalee on Thursday has been brought under control.

Publicis Said to Weigh Bid for Control of Cheil Worldwide
Publicis Groupe is weighing a bid for a controlling stake in Cheil Worldwide, people with knowledge of the matter said. The French company is ...

Playing around with BMW’s 7 Series gesture control user interface
We take a BMW 7 Series for a short drive to play with its gesture control. Video shot/edited by Jennifer Hahn. (video link) LAS VEGAS—Yesterday, ...

BMW recalls i8 for stability control problem
... , BMW , Safety , Coupe , Hybrid , Performance BMW will recall a small number of 2015 i8s because of a problem with the dynamic stability control ...

Embracing the NRA on gun control
I’m just stealing a massive post from Stonekettle Station on a plausible path forward towards sanity on guns: Those laws should be designed ...

Researchers say that Apple controls over 50% of the smartwatch market
Apple sold over half of all smartwatches in 2015, according to research firm Juniper . Android Wear, which is developed by Google, captured ...