Can't insert OLE controls. GPF when accessing - Insert -> Control -> OLE -> Tab (Insert Control)

Hi all,

I'm running PB 9 (6533) on Wndows XP and having problems when trying to
insert OLE Controls. PB crashes when clicking on the Tab "Insert Control" in
dialogue "Insert Object".

PB 10 beta works fine and PB 8 crashes like PB9 (all on the same PC).

Does anyone have any clue how to solve this?

/Thanks!

0
Sam

I am having the exact same issue in PB8 on windows XP. I noticed that no one had a reply so I was wondering if you were ever able to resolve the issue.

Andres

OLE Custom Control vs. OLE Control
I am using PB 6.0, and am hoping someone can explain something to me. I created a Standard Visual user object based on the olecontrol class (referencing Word). This is called an OLE Custom Control, or at least that's what the properties window says. Why is this different than a regular OLE control? Why is the objectdata attribute not valid? Why are some of the events missing (i.e. close, save, and rename)? These events automatically are included in a regular OLE control. Seems odd to me that you can't inherit from the base olecontrol object, but then again, OLE in gen...

Why does OLE Control work but OLE Object doesn't ?
I am trying to deploy a third party ActiveX/OCX in a PowerBuilder NVO (for EAServer). Placing an OLE Control on a window works fine. I can access object properties etc. Using an OLEObject and ConnectToNewObject should accomplish the same result (as per PB documentation) These two code segments should work identically, but the second (which I need to work) produces "Error accessing external object property" error // 1. OLE control placed on a window ole_1.Object.Timeout = 1000 // 2. ActiveX control placed on a window OLEObject ole_obj ole_obj = CREATE OLEObj...

OLE Word97 and ole objects vs ole controls
--------------50D299EA9D99A20C83E801AB Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I am new to OLE automation. I'm trying to connect to a word97 document and filling forms fields with information. I'm trying to use the following code. I'm getting the following error in my log file: DateTime: 10/27/99 18:32:07 Title: System Error Message: Error Number 36. Error text = Name not found accessing external object property object. Window/Menu/Object = w_ole_test. Error Object/Control = cb_okay. Script = clicked. Line in Script = 22. ...

OLE Word97 and ole objects vs ole controls
--------------50D299EA9D99A20C83E801AB Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I am new to OLE automation. I'm trying to connect to a word97 document and filling forms fields with information. I'm trying to use the following code. I'm getting the following error in my log file: DateTime: 10/27/99 18:32:07 Title: System Error Message: Error Number 36. Error text = Name not found accessing external object property object. Window/Menu/Object = w_ole_test. Error Object/Control = cb_okay. Script = clicked. Line in Script = 22. ...

can't control my tab control
In PB ver 7 Build 5031 I have a window with a tab control (tab_1). The tab control has 3 tabpages. I need to control which tabpage (selectedTab) will be selected through code when the window opens. SelectTab and Selected Tab have not been able to change the value. SelectionChange event has newindex and oldindex. Oldindex always resets itself to -1. Please help Try posting the SelectTab function call. <Steve_S.> wrote in message news:F80310B13ADD23C10065C2EF85256BBB.0065C30C85256BBB@webforums... > In PB ver 7 Build 5031 I have a window with a tab control (tab_1). The...

ole control not in ole list
Using PB 7.0. I have an OLE control registered which is not in my list of ole objects which are available to be inserted onto a window. Here's the catch. While the control, nethubp.dll, is located in the win\system folder and registered, inorder to use the control properly, I have to go into the oleviewer and remove the "Path To Implementation". This is because at runtime, the dll is accessed from my server, not on the local computer. I can find the control up until I remove the Implementation Path. Any suggestion? The control works fine in a VB app. I need help AS...

I can't use ole control in PB development environment.(I'm hurry)
Hi,Friends!! I'm using pb5 and I want to insert an ocx control. The job was done as belows.(In the PB) selecting ole control -> insert control -> register new ->(selecting vcfi32.ocx) -> -> c:wstarex32\vcfi32.ocx is not marked as supporting self-registration. However, the function "DllRegisterServer" was found. Do you wish to attempt to register this file as control? -> yes But I can't find first impression ocx control in the insert control tab in the PB. What Happen? I've registered Manually. regsvr32.exe c:\starex32\vcfi32.ocx &...

Can't access controls from codebehind in a user control
I'm attempting to make the transition from asp.net 1.1 to 2.0 and I'm trying to understand the "codebeside" page model.  Here's my problem: I have a user control.  It inherits from a base class which in turn inherits from system.web.ui.usercontrol.  So it looks something like this: public partial class MyControl : MyBaseUserControlClass{ }public class MyBaseUserControlClass : System.Web.UI.UserControl{ } If I add a control, such as a button to the user control, I am not able to access it in codebehind.  I get the error 'MyControl does not contain a definiti...

OLE Custom Control
I have an OLE Custom control obect inside a user object. When I open the painter, sometimes I see the control, and could open the "OLE Control Properties" screen. Sometimes, however, when I open the painter, the control is blank, and when I select the "OLE Contrl Properties" option, nothing happens. It comes back and goes away and I can't figure out what I am doing to make either behavior occur. Does anyone how to avoid this? ...

OLE Control vs OLE dw object vs OLE Column in dw object
Dear all, I'm using PB 6.5.1 with PFC. I'm trying to right Mail Merge like function in a system. Thus, we've to keep the merged document into history for later referece. I'm wondering the difference between OLE Control vs OLE dw object vs OLE Column in dw object??? Can anyone give some ideas on the above and what is the usage of it?? On the other hand, I'm wondering whether I'm using the RTE dw object for mail merge and then save the whole content into a OLE Database blob column, or using OLE control to MS Word + using DDE to transfer the data to MS Word?? ...

Can't access my controls from a user control code behind
Helo All, I am creating this user control, and I just can't access the controls I have added to the user control from my code behind, I am using VS2005Tester Edition.. I have checked the designer class, and its not updated all the time with new controls information, any suggestions???? Thankssss What do you mean by cannot access the controls from code-behind - Visual studio doesn't show you intellisense or at runtime asp.net shows error? What i meant is that VS doesnt show the intellisense, which means that I can't access them in my codes...   ...

WordPerfect: OLE automation through OLE control
OK, I connected to WordPerfect from PB6.5 by using OLEObject like: OLEObject ole_obj ole_obj= CREATE OLEobject li_rc=ole_obj.ConnectToNewObject ("WordPerfect.PerfectScript") ........ Now it accepts automation commands. But my goal is to start OLE automation through Object property of OLE control. Something like: ole_1.Activate(Offsite!) ole_obj=ole_1.Object.WordPerfect.PerfectScript ..... And that does not work though it does with Word. Does somebody know if it is possible at all to make OLE automation through OLE control and how to do that? Thanks ...

OLE/WORD97 PRINTING OLE CONTROL?
I have an ole control(ole_1) on a response window that contains a MS WORD document. Since it doesn't merge the FILE menu option with Inplace activation, I created a Print button on the window to print the WORD document inside the ole control. However, I haven't been able to successfully do this. What is the correct syntax for printing an ole control WORD document. I have tried the following with no luck: ole_1.object.PrintOut() ole_1.object.application.ActiveDocument.Printout() ole_1.object.ActiveDocument.Printout() Thank You, Jason Try this: ole_1.ActiveDoc...

How can I create a OLE control by writing script instead of selecting on control panel?
I want to create a OLE control which names "test.testControl",How to? I wrote like this: OLEControl ole_1 ole_1 = Create OLEControl ole_1.InsertClass("test.testControl") but it failed. Drop an empty OLE control on your window. I did this by selecting OLE from the toolbar, clicking cancel on the dialog then clicking on my window thus adding the OLE container to the window. Click cancel again if the OLE dialog pops up. Next, in a command button I added: ole_1.InsertClass("excel.sheet") When I click the command button, the OLE object of E...

ClientValidationFunction inside User Control -- can't access controls by name?
I have a little javascript function that makes sure a date value is greater than today. I use it as the ClientValidationFunction of a CustomValidator -- so far, so good. But when I tried to put it inside a User Control (ascx), it broke, because the container renamed the HTML controls: "ddlExpireMonth" became "paymentMethodForm:ddlExpireMonth" So I changed my script from Form1.ddlExpireMonth.selectedIndex to Form1.paymentMethodForm:ddlExpireMonth.selectedIndex but I just get "object expected" errors. I can still reference the control by number: Form1.el...

Web resources about - Can't insert OLE controls. GPF when accessing - Insert -> Control -> OLE -> Tab (Insert Control) - sybase.ole-ocx-activex