Calling a COM object from a PowerBuilder object's sript??

From: "Chris Fauvel" <chris_fauvel@fintech.net>
Subject: Calling a COM object from a PowerBuilder object's sript??
Date: Wednesday, March 07, 2001 2:33 PM

I'm interested in knowing how to call somebody  else's COM object written in
C++ (it is a dual interface...what ever that it is)

would we enter the information the same way we do for DLLs within the
global/local external functions section for whatever object we want the
function to be available?

Any examples or direction to examples would be appreciated.

Thanks

Chris

0
Chris

Use the ConnectToNewObject and GetAutomationNativePointer PowerScript
methods.

--
<hopethishelps />
Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase]

"Chris Fauvel" <chris_fauvel@fintech.net> wrote in message

> From: "Chris Fauvel" <chris_fauvel@fintech.net>
> Subject: Calling a COM object from a PowerBuilder object's sript??
> Date: Wednesday, March 07, 2001 2:33 PM
>
> I'm interested in knowing how to call somebody  else's COM object written
in
> C++ (it is a dual interface...what ever that it is)
>
> would we enter the information the same way we do for DLLs within the
> global/local external functions section for whatever object we want the
> function to be available?
>

> Any examples or direction to examples would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks
>
> Chris

0
Roy

I have the error when I call OLE-object's function in the custom nonvisual object
This code good work in the button clicked event script, but don't work when I insert it in user's object function. "Error calling external object function SEND ..." oleobject Msg integer li_rc Msg = create oleobject li_rc = Msg.ConnectToNewObject("CDO.Message") Msg.Subject = is_subject Msg.TextBody = is_message Msg.To = is_to Msg.Configuration.Fields.Item('http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpauthenticate').Value = 0 Msg.Configuration.Fields.Item('http //schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendusing').Value = 1 M...

can't call ocx's functions in user object function
I have a problem I have a function in user object function() { ole_1.object.run(1) } (run is ocx's function) Create user object object new new= CREATE object and call this function new.function() PB display that can't call function run() ( function function() is calling) What can I do ?! ...

calling base class's function from inherited class's object
Hi, I have this class declaration public class ListPanelCell : InputServices.PhotoItem now I want to make an object of ListPanelCell say _objLPCell and want to call the function Add(arg1) of PhotoItem class(the base class) from _objLPCell. How can I do this ??? Hi, I think you can do it like this -objLPCell.Add(arg1). When you are inheriting a class you can access the base class methods as same as you access this class's methods. Thanks, Sridhar!! As long as Add(arg1) is public, and you haven't overridden it, you can just call it. For example: ...

How can I use another vendor's COM objects in PowerBuilder application?
I am planning to user another vendor's COM objects in our existing PowerBuilder Application. Can anyone provide detailed steps how to do it and also sample code ? Thank you. Read chapter 25 of the Application Techniques section in the online books -- it deals with OLE and ActiveX implementations. Also, have a look at the OleObject object and the ConnectToNewObject and GetAutomationNativePointer PowerScript methods. Last but not least, read previous posts in the ole-ocx-activex newsgroup. -- <hopethishelps /> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] mySybase -- http://my.sybase.co...

How can I use another vendor's COM objects in PowerBuilder application? #2
I am planning to user another vendor's COM objects in our existing PowerBuilder Application. Can anyone provide detailed steps how to do it and also sample code ? Thank you. Vikram Suva wrote: > I am planning to user another vendor's COM objects in our existing > PowerBuilder Application. Can anyone provide detailed steps how to do it and > also sample code ? Thank you. > Look at the oleobject documentation (ConnectToNewObject(), etc.) I really recommend properly coding the ExternalException event for oleobject...it allows you to gracefully recover ...

How can I use another vendor's COM objects in PowerBuilder application? #3
I am planning to user another vendor's COM objects in our existing PowerBuilder Application. Can anyone provide detailed steps how to do it and also sample code ? Thank you. Vikram Suva Read chapter 25 in the Application Techniques section of the online books -- it deals with OLE/COM/ActiveX technologies. For a quick reference, see the online help for the ConnectToNewObject and GetAutomationNativePointer PowerScript methods. -- <hopethishelps /> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] mySybase -- http://my.sybase.com http://www.exp.com/app/expertProfile?expertID=512231 &qu...

Tip Thread
Hi all, Just a few more tips to hopefully help my fellow developers save some valuable development time by avoiding some of the issues I've suffered through: OLE Automation Server Object Issues: As I've mentioned before in the Tip Thread - Creating COM Objects (Restatement), using OLE Automation Server (simply "Automation Server" in 7.0) is a great alternative to using the COM generator since with OLE Automation Server objects you be able to create COM objects from any PB NVO that contains non-private references to any PB specific datatypes, like PB NVO's, u...

Calling registered COM object: 'The parameter is incorrect'
I get the following exception: --------------------------- Debugger Exception Notification --------------------------- Project movefiletest.exe raised exception class EOleSysError with message 'The parameter is incorrect'. --------------------------- Break Continue Help --------------------------- when I call the following line: var lMoveFile: IPrivilegedActions; begin CoCreateInstanceAsAdmin(self.Handle, CLASS_CoPrivedgeActions, IID_IPrivilegedActions, lMoveFile); end; I registered the DLL. I see that there are various GUIDs that I could use--I trie...

powerbuilder com object vs pocketbuilder .... object
Our powerbuilder application is sending information to a feeding machine by calling a com object. Our program now runs on a mobile device. The software is written with pocketbuilder 2.04. Now we would also like to have the connection with this feeding machine. I talked to the supplier of the feeding machine. He told me that the com object was written in Visual studio C. The simplest solution for them would be to create a .Net object. Is this the way to go? Thanks Eric Up on CodeXChange we have a handful of "adapter" layers (sometimes called "shims&quo...

What's the relationship between Transaction object and n_tr object?
If this is the PFC n_tr, here is the reference documentation for the object: http://manuals.sybase.com/onlinebooks/group-pb/pbg0702e/pfcoref/@Generic__Bo okTextView/66629;pt=66629#X It was inherited from transaction and has extended functionality based on the PFC architecture. /ck <Erwin> wrote in message news:97E628B9F285BCF4008096AF85256A67.008096BE85256A67@webforums... > ...

Unable to serialize the session state. In 'StateServer' and 'SQLServer' mode, ASP.NET will serialize the session state objects, and as a result non-serializable objects or MarshalByRef objects are not
i have an asp.net 2.0 web application. it has several webpages. there is one main page that has linkbuttons to navigate to the other pages. i am using Response.Redirect() to pass variables from the main page to the other pages. everythng is working fine when i debug and run it in my localhost. but after publishing it and uploading to the site itself, then i'm getting the error: Server Error in '/' Application. Unable to serialize the session state. In 'StateServer' and 'SQLServer' mode, ASP.NET will serialize the session state objects, and as a re...

error: Object of type 'Object' cannot be converted to type 'Array'.
I'm getting the error listed in the subject of this post that is occurring due to a a conflict between Mootools and the .NET-generated JS when using AJAX as described in the following link: http://dev.mootools.net/ticket/553 To get a detailed view of the error, open the following page in Firefox and use Firebug to see the error details.  IE will just show the error icon at the bottom left of the window and it doesn't give much detail about the error.http://www.compasslearning.com/customersite/icg/checklist.aspx?list=1 The collision is occurring on line 5762 of the "Script...

bless() bug ? Why fails reblessing of 'main::Object' to 'Object' ?
After a short thread in comp.lang.perl.misc: bless() does not change 'main::Object' to 'Object', but UNIVERSAL::isa() does distinguish them. What to do ? Shall i override the bug with a selfmade CORE::GLOBAL::bless() sub, but how ? Here the relevant discussion: > "Murat Uenalan" <murat.uenalan@gmx.de> writes: > > > Here my test... > > > > <perl> > > > > require 5.005_62; use strict; use warnings; > > > > my $class = "main::User"; > > > > my $this = bless ...

Web resources about - Calling a COM object from a PowerBuilder object's sript?? - sybase.ole-ocx-activex

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles