Call Visual Basic 6.0 exe OR OCX in PowerBuiler 6.5 Application

Hi! Friends

I have application in PB 6.5; I want to add new module or functionality in
one of the MDI sheet. New functionality is in VB 6.0 as an application OR
OCX control. This VB application will take argument and also return number,
which I want to use in PB 6.5 application. I want your ides, How I can start
in PB 6.5.
Note: PB application connects to Oracle using native driver and VB
application connects to other Oracle database using ADO connection.

Thank you.

Paresh

0
PB

Faulting application grpwise.exe, version 6.0.1.0, faulting module grpwise.exe, version 6.0.1.0, fault address 0x0000ff90.
The above subject line and below is the error I can see from the event viewer on the XP workstation of one of my users when trying to login to GroupWise with the GroupWise Client32. She can access our GroupWise6 server through WebAccess and through an old Citrix server we have running the GroupWise5 client. I can not figure out why the GW Client32 will not allow access. "Faulting application grpwise.exe, version 6.0.1.0, faulting module grpwise.exe, version 6.0.1.0, fault address 0x0000ff90." I found this Novell TID#10076201 to be the closest thing to the problem I ...

Update from 6.5.0 to 6.5.6
Hello togheter I have updated from GW 6.5.0 to 6.5.6. Now when i unload all Groupwise agents the following messaging appear: Return from ipmgmt register = FFFFFFFF errorcode = 8 another message appear also: GWPOA: Malfunctioning with the initialization of the POA (ffffffff). Module XGBAS40.NLM is being referenced. With the update there were no problems. We don't need Webaccess. The GWIA became also updated. What can i do for solve the problem? Thanks Dani Umbricht from Switzerland d.umbricht@seetalschaller.ch wrote: > Hello togheter > I have updated from ...

Upgrade 6.0 to 6.5 with Groupwise 6.5
Morning, Any issues with upgrading a Netware 6.0 latest sp server to Netware 6.5 sp4 with Groupwise 6.5 latest service pack on it? Thnaks, Ray > Any issues with upgrading a Netware 6.0 latest sp server to Netware 6.5 > sp4 with Groupwise 6.5 latest service pack on it? > Should be fine -- SBS 6.5 and 6.6 shipped with 6.5 SP1b and then SP3 and GroupWise 6.5.4. One thing though, why SP4 on the NW 6.5 server? I'd go with SP5 plus the post SP5 update package. -- Barry Schnur Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop Only reason is config control, the ot...

replacement of 6.0 server with 6.5 when 6.0 is gone
We had a 6.0 sp5 server running that had a bad hard crash. In trying to get a new server back up as 6.0, we have given up after two days since it does not even say that it is 6.0 compatible, but it is compatible for 6.5. We have back up tapes for the 6.0 server which is what we intend to use to get everything back with. I am guessing that I name the server temp when I initially install the OS. How do I get it back into the tree as the other server with technically a new OS (6.5 instead of 6.0)??? Or am I going to be better off simply starting from scratch. David Delete al...

Concurrent perl 5.6.0, 5.6.1, 5.8.0, and 5.8.0threaded
Hi, So, I'd like to have multiple versions of perl installed on my system, for testing stuff, poking around, etc. It's not really that difficult, actually - you just arrange that they have different @INC directories (or that they overlap in the ways you want them to), and you make /usr/bin/perl point as a symlink to whichever version you want to use regularly (probably 5.6.1). Here's what I think I'd have, creating a few fink packages to manage things for me: * /usr/bin/perl5.6.0 - Apple's perl, unmodified, @INC is: /System/Library/Perl/darwin ...

5.0 & 6.0 to 6.5 upgrade
We currently have two node NW6SP5 cluster, one NW6SP5 non-cluster, and some NW50SP6a servers. We plan to upgrade the 6.0 servers to OES NetWare 6.5; migrate one of our 5.0 servers to newer hardware and remove the others. Currently one of the cluster servers is the master and SLPDA. To introduce OES NetWare 6.5 to the tree, what is better to do first: *migrate the 5.0 server to a box running NW6SP5, make it master, then do an inplace upgrade to OES NetWare 6.5, then do inplace OES 6.5 upgrade to 6.0 cluster and non-cluster servers? *or migrate the 5.0 server to a box runn...

Client 6.5.5 and 6.5.6
I am testing this before rolling it out to users--in the item lists, is there a reason that the year no longer displays in the date column (We are upgrading from SP2 and it is fine there)? It now reads mm/dd and the time instead of mm/dd/yy and the time. This is also true of the header when you open an item. It is particulalry a problem when looking at document references. This is not unique to me, is it? Found it--in the Options for date and Time--now, is it possible that the SP5 update changed the settings? "PatM" <pmuellerNOSPAM@cmt-law.com> wrote in ...

upgrade from 6.5.5 to 6.5.6
Hi, We are going to upgrade from 6.5.5 to 6.5.6 to hopefully solve the problem with sending mail to yahoo. My question is do I have to upgrade everything? On one server we have the MTA, GWIA, POA for our main postoffice and webaccess. On the second server we have 4 other postoffice's for our student email. Can I just upgrade the main server with the MTA, GWIA, POA and webaccess and leave the other server alone at 6.5.5? If so will any reconfiguration be neccessary on the old post offices? > Hi, > We are going to upgrade from 6.5.5 to 6.5.6 to hopefully solve th...

In-place upgrade 6.0.5 to 6.5.6 using overlay
Hi It stops before the license agreement saying I cannot do this because I am trying to install products on a server that is not same OS revision of the CD. I checked and it is the OS CD in the drive. Any thoughts? I believe the in place upgrade from 6.0 to 6.5 is launched from the GUI on the server. -- Barry Schnur Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop Will K wrote: >It stops before the license agreement saying I cannot do this because I am >trying to install products on a server that is not same OS revision of the >CD. I checked and it is the OS ...

NW 5.0 SP6a GW 5.5 Upgrade to NW 6.0 GW 6.5 and New Hardware
We are planning on upgrading a mirrored NW 5.0 SP6a GW 5.5 server to a raid 5 NW 6.0 GW 6.5 server in a mixed NW 5.0/NW 6.0 environment. My supervisor has been having me try restoring NDS from a tape backup onto test servers to simulate our production network before implementing the upgrade. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to simulate our production network (Is it necessary to do this) for testing? and/or Is there more than one method to accomplish the transition between old NW5.0/GW5.5 and new NW6.0/GW6.5 and a specific order to follow for that method? My superv...

PB 6.5.1/7.0 Connect 16-bit exe with ASA 6.0
I have the Techdoc DocID 444777 on connecting 16-bit exes with 32-bit SQL Anywhere DBs: http://techinfo.sybase.com/css/techinfo.nsf/DocID/ID=44477 I have followed it to the letter and cannot get it to work: Error message on 16-bit exe CONNECT using SQLCA: ODBC is not supported in your installation. Has anyone else tried this? 32-bit exe works no problems (well it would 32-bit ODBC). Platform is Win95. I have both the 32-bit and 16-bit deployment kits installed on the same machine. I think the problem is with the so-called ODBC bridge. Any help appreciated. Problem ...

Can PB 5.0, 6.0, and 6.5 Coexist
I currently support a couple of PB5.0 applications and I am looking to upgrade them to PB 6 or 6.5. I read the 6.5 documentation that said you need to remove all previous versions of PB before installing. I would like to have 5.0 and 6.0 or 6.5 coexist so that I can still support the old application while I work the 6.5 to learn and study the upgrade. So, can they co-exist and what problems might I run into? Thanks , Doug I have PB5 16-bit, (5.03), PB5 32-bit (PB5.04), PB6.5 and PB7 on the same machine - They live in different worlds. Make sure you keep backups of code and main...

Netware 5.0 SBS with GW 5.5 to NW 6.5 with GW 6.5
I am assisting a client with a migration from NW 5.0 w/ GW 5.5 to new server hardware (will be replacing the old server) running NW 6.5 with GW 6.5 via the 7.1 Migration Wizzard. I am still a little unsure of the best migration path. I planned on migrating straight from NW 5 and GW 5.5 to NW 6.5 and GW 6.5. However, other people indicate that it is not a clean migration. Furthermore, the documentation states that I will have to re-install GW6.5 to update the NLMs on the Target after the migration. Won't this overwright my information store? Perhaps I am supposed to m...

Web resources about - Call Visual Basic 6.0 exe OR OCX in PowerBuiler 6.5 Application - sybase.ole-ocx-activex