An activeX (MS 'DHTML') still displayed after closing it's window

I decided to use the "DHTML" MS ActiveX control  (which is directly
available in PB when IE 5 has been installed) in order to be able to edit
HTML using a WYSIWYG interface from a PB 7 application.

It works very well but I have huge problem : The control is still displayed
on the top of the screen after the window (on which it resides) is closed.
(?)Someone on this NewsGroup advice me to try a GarBageCollect () on the
close event but unfortunately the problem still remains.  A the moment, the
only way to close the object seems to exit the application.....

Please help !

Guillaume de Briey

0
Guillaume

Try creating a custom visual user object and then add the OLE control by
choosing MS DHTML ActiveX control. Save this userobject and explicitly
create and destroy this user object in the window where you use this
user object. Drop me a line if this helps
http://www.intac.com/~kaudata
0
Kaushik
12/30/1999 4:55:22 PM
Thanks a lot for the advice.  I still have the problem doing like this but
someone advice me to use an ole_1.Clear ()  just before closing the window.
It seems to work correctly !

See you

Kaushik Datta <kaudata@bellatlantic.net> a �crit dans le message :
weLOpauU$GA.192@forums.sybase.com...
> Try creating a custom visual user object and then add the OLE control by
> choosing MS DHTML ActiveX control. Save this userobject and explicitly
> create and destroy this user object in the window where you use this
> user object. Drop me a line if this helps
> http://www.intac.com/~kaudata4

0
Guillaume

''''''''''''''''''''

'''''

Opera's widgets vs IE's ActiveX vs FF's extentions.
I've asked the difference on Opera's forum http://my.opera.com/community/forums/topic.dml?id=3D152376 The widgets designer answers some my paranoid quiestions. Tony. In grc.security Anthony OZ wrote: > I've asked the difference on Opera's forum > http://my.opera.com/community/forums/topic.dml?id=152376 > > The widgets designer answers some my paranoid quiestions. Ahh... Thanks for posting. While it all sounds reassuring, I am not yet "supremely confident" here. I knew OS would follow it's security minded approach, but as with ...

'do' won't 'do' if '/'

'''

It's the fastest ''firefox'' i've ever had!!!:)
Name: Blagovest Email: blago_944atabvdotbg Product: Firefox Summary: It's the fastest ''firefox'' i've ever had!!!:) Comments: I's a great product!I'm really amazed! Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1b1) Gecko/20081007 Firefox/3.1b1 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

How to convert MS SQL's 'smalldatetime' to PB 'date' in DW?
Suppose I have a Powerbuilder datawindow with a column of type 'date'. I also have a MS SQL 7 database table with a column of type 'date' where 'date' is a MS SQL's user defined type which maps to MS SQL's 'smalldatetime'. Now I retrieve the datawindow. On Windows XP Professional in the datawindow I have a beautiful date, let's say '1-2-03' but on Windows 95 I have garbage: '??-??-1241' or similar. Here is my question: how to convert the MS SQL's 'smalldatetime' value to the PB 'date' type 'on-the...

OLE Control
I'm attempting to load a .bmp image into an OLE object using PowerBuilder 11.1. The OLE ActiveX is AddFlow5 and I am using it to graphically represent links between entities - people, organisations, addresses, vehicles, telephones, etc. Documentation for AddFlow5 gives an example in VB script to load the relevant 'picture' into a node, ie, SET node.picture = LOADPICTURE("C:\images\person.bmp"). I cannot find a suitable equivalent in PB 11 to either 'SET' or to 'LOADPICTURE' The developer of AddFlow suggested I try: OLEObject uo uo = C...

How to detect if the 'cancel' button on Acrobat Reader's PDF print dialog window has been clicked when using Acrobat Reader ActiveX control in Powerbuilder 9
Product name: Acrobat Reader V5.0, Powerbuilder V9 Operating System: Windows XP I have an Acrobat Reader's ActiveX control on my window application to present and print PDF files. The application was developed using Powerbuilder V9. I need to know if a user has just printed a file then save the printed date into a database. The user can click the 'Cancel' button on the print dialog window from Acrobat Reader to cancel the printing. In this case I won't update the printed date. How can I know if the user has clicked the 'Cancel' button to cancel the printing? ...

What's the difference between 'Build' and 'Publish'
Greetings....this subject might belong in one of the Visual Studio forums but it's so danged noob-sque.... I'm particularly confused by the 'Precompiled' term in the Publish operation. I'm interested in the path of least resistance between my VS project and my public IIS webserver. thx--steve...  Build means creating the assembly of the project ( .dll or .exe file) wich contains MSIL and a manifest file. When you publish your project u just produce the structure of your folder without producing a .dll file when you want to deploy your Web Project. ...

'IN' Clause or 'OR'
Hello, [1]: select * from TABLEA where COL1 IN('value1','value2''valu3'....) [2]:select * from TABLEA where COL1 = 'value1' OR COL1= 'value2' OR COL1='valu3'. TABLEA is a huge table and it has non-clustered index on COL1. Among the above 2 queries, which query will give me the better performance or fast response and WHY? What is the difference between 'IN' and 'OR' clauses as for as Sybase Optimization is concerned. Which is the better one to be used on huge tables. Thanks. Mac An IN list is treated ...

'or' or 'union'

Web resources about - An activeX (MS 'DHTML') still displayed after closing it's window - sybase.ole-ocx-activex