ADO Type adBigInt

I query the MS Index Server for a list of indexed files and receive a
RecordSet which I assign to an OLEObject.
If I try to read the field 'size' (adBigInt, 8-byte signed integer) I get
nothing at all. It seems PowerBuilder cannot cast an adBigInt to any Type at
all including Any or Blob.

Is there some way to convert an ADO adBigInt into a PowerBuilder int or long
if at all?

Thanks
Reto
reto.christen@softec.ch

0
reto

I would try using a double or decimal datatypes -- a PB long is limited to
32-bit (4bytes).

--
pbm_hopethishelps,
Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase]

"reto christen" <reto.christen@socftec.ch> wrote in message
> I query the MS Index Server for a list of indexed files and receive a
> RecordSet which I assign to an OLEObject.
> If I try to read the field 'size' (adBigInt, 8-byte signed integer) I get
> nothing at all. It seems PowerBuilder cannot cast an adBigInt to any Type
at
> all including Any or Blob.
>
> Is there some way to convert an ADO adBigInt into a PowerBuilder int or
long
> if at all?
>
> Thanks
> Reto
> reto.christen@softec.ch

0
Roy
7/21/2000 11:58:40 AM
Neither works.
Executing ClassName(variable) returns 'void'. For me it looks like there's
nothing at all for the field 'size' in the OLE object.
If I execute the same query not using Powerbuilder but Microsoft's .IDQ and
..HTX files I get a value for each field I query including the field 'size'.

What else could I do?

Thanks
Reto

Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] wrote in message ...
>I would try using a double or decimal datatypes -- a PB long is limited to
>32-bit (4bytes).
>
>--
>pbm_hopethishelps,
>Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase]
>Sybase Developer Network (SDN) - http://sdn.sybase.com
>
>"reto christen" <reto.christen@socftec.ch> wrote in message
>> I query the MS Index Server for a list of indexed files and receive a
>> RecordSet which I assign to an OLEObject.
>> If I try to read the field 'size' (adBigInt, 8-byte signed integer) I get
>> nothing at all. It seems PowerBuilder cannot cast an adBigInt to any Type
>at
>> all including Any or Blob.
>>
>> Is there some way to convert an ADO adBigInt into a PowerBuilder int or
>long
>> if at all?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Reto
>> reto.christen@softec.ch

0
reto
7/25/2000 10:04:27 AM
What version of PB are you using? If you are using 7.0, you can try using
the new ADOResultSet object instead of an OleObject. Other than that, I am
fresh out of ideas. Open a case with Tech Support if necessary.

--
MySybase - http://my.sybase.com

> Neither works.
> Executing ClassName(variable) returns 'void'. For me it looks like there's
> nothing at all for the field 'size' in the OLE object.
> If I execute the same query not using Powerbuilder but Microsoft's .IDQ
and
> .HTX files I get a value for each field I query including the field
'size'.

> What else could I do?
>
> Thanks
> Reto
>

> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] wrote in message ...
> >I would try using a double or decimal datatypes -- a PB long is limited
> >32-bit (4bytes).
> >
> >--
> >pbm_hopethishelps,
> >Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase]
> >Sybase Developer Network (SDN) - http://sdn.sybase.com
> >
> >"reto christen" <reto.christen@socftec.ch> wrote in message
> >> I query the MS Index Server for a list of indexed files and receive a
> >> RecordSet which I assign to an OLEObject.
> >> If I try to read the field 'size' (adBigInt, 8-byte signed integer) I
get
> >> nothing at all. It seems PowerBuilder cannot cast an adBigInt to any
Type
> >at
> >> all including Any or Blob.
> >>
> >> Is there some way to convert an ADO adBigInt into a PowerBuilder int or
> >long
> >> if at all?
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >> Reto
> >> reto.christen@softec.ch

0
Roy

Welcome to the OLE-OCX-ACTIVEX newsgroup
Welcome to the OLE-OCX-ACTIVEX newsgroup. This is a forum for discussion on topics related to the usage of OLE, OCX and ACTIVEX with PowerBuilder. Feel free to post questions about the product, concerns about your development needs for enhancements and any other feedback. All posted messages will be in the public domain and may be republished on Powersoft's InfoBase CD ROM as well as on our WebSite in order to provide information that is extremely valuable to other developers. This is NOT Powersoft Technical Support and it is not the purpose of this newsgroup service to allo...

DBD::ADO, Win32::OLE and Variant type
Hi Jan, the fetch method of DBD::ADO::st contains the following lines: my $row = [ map { $rs->Fields($_->{Name})->{Value} } @$ado_fields ]; # Jan Dubois jand@activestate.com addition to handle changes # in Win32::OLE return of Variant types of data. foreach (@$row) { $_ = $_->As( Win32::OLE::Variant::VT_BSTR() ) if UNIVERSAL::isa($_, 'Win32::OLE::Variant'); } where $rs is an ADO Recordset. Is the foreach loop really necessary, i.e. can a Field value be a Win32::OLE::Variant? I thought the Value method always return...

Accessing OLE/OCX object types from PB8 or PB9
Hello all. I am attempting to use an ActiveX in PB8 and PB9 and am having a basic problem. The control has many 'object types' embedded within it. For example: Circle Line ..... etc When I do this in VB: -------------------------------- DIM x AS Circle No problems, I now have a variable (structure) of 'type' Circle When I do this in Powerbuilder: -------------------------------- Circle x I get unknown datatype ? I understand why I get the error, but why can PB not make use of object types within OCX objects ? Any help would be apprecia...

how can i use powerbuilder to develop an activex/ole/ocx? help me please!!!
Please do not cross-post. -- <hopethishelps/> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] MySybase -- http://www.sybase.com/mysybase "tadsun" <tadsun@163.com> wrote in message news:jIQ8Mt7BCHA.200@forums.sybase.com... > > > ...

can i use pb's automation server to create an activex/ole/ocx? help me!
Please do not cross-post. -- <hopethishelps/> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] MySybase -- http://www.sybase.com/mysybase "tadsun" <tadsun@163.com> wrote in message news:UXo0Ru7BCHA.201@forums.sybase.com... > > > ...

OLE Newbie question: Changing OLE Type
Hallo all Is there any way to change the OLE Custom Object type of an EXISTING OLE Custom Object on a window, except deleting the existing one and creating a new OLE Custom Object of the desired type? My client wants to update his applications by using the latest version of a third party ActiveX, already having an older version in existing application code. It seems that as soon as one creates an OLE Custom Object and picked the type, one is stuck with it and can=92t change it. I=92ve exported the window and examined the file, but my guess is that the OLE Custom Object Type, wi...

OLE Object properties of type OLE Object
I have 2 ocx's, both of which have a property of type OLEObject. One object initializes this property, the other one then needs to use it. However I cannot make an assignment like this work : ole_2.Object.Session = ole_1.Object.Session Session is the property name of the type OLEObject property for both ocx's. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks, Ian Foutz ifoutz@kpmg.com ...

Enumerated data types/object type on an activeX control
Hello all. I am experimenting with a 3D rendering activeX. The activeX comes with VB and C++ examples. In the VB example I see a declaration like: Dim TubeFace As vdPolyface From the activeX help file I understand that vdPolyface is an object type. When I try doing a powerbuilder declaration like: vdPolyface L_TubeFace I get a message like 'unknown datatype vdPolyface'. I am not new to powerbuilder but have not done a lot of work with OCX/ActiveX controls. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks I don't believe that PB can 'see' the enums. ...

OCX, ActiveX
Hi there. I�m looking for a component in which I can create a graph with two Y axes (2 different scales). The idea is to achieve something like excel does with one of its graph types (the "lines in two axes" one) but I don�t want to use excel like an ole object because its menu appears and this is an effect unwished for the application I�m working in. I hope to be clear regarding this issue and if somebody could help me I�d really appreciate it !!! Thanks in advance. C�sar Bernal Mapas y Datos S.A. These guys probably have something that will work for you:...

OCX/ActiveX
Can I use OCX/ActiveX with WebForms ? No, that is not a supported feature. They do work with Windows Forms however. Regards, Dave Fish Sybase On 10 Jul 2007 08:43:19 -0700, "Mohammad Alhabibi" <malhabibi@yalla.com> wrote: >Can I use OCX/ActiveX with WebForms ? > But Browser activex in Winform don't works. "Dave Fish [TeamSybase]" <dfish@[N0Spam]sybase.com> wrote in message news:40k7939bkbj0652duqhk48bo9trevvngsc@4ax.com... > No, that is not a supported feature. They do work with Windows Forms > however. > >...

ActiveX, OCX
I have ActiveX and OCX resources built for Win32 that I need to incorporate to WinCE in PocketBuilder. I tried trough an external visual object but it asks for DLL as the library name. How can I use ActiveX and OCX objects for WinCE in PocketBuilder? rgds, SS ActiveX and OCX are not supported in PocketBuilder. <SS> wrote in message news:42eb46e3.449a.1681692777@sybase.com... >I have ActiveX and OCX resources built for Win32 that I need > to incorporate to WinCE in PocketBuilder. > I tried trough an external visual object but it asks for DLL > as the librar...

New to OCX : How can we access OLE, OCX events and properties
Hi Everyone I have never used OCX, OLE controls, my question is how can we access their events how can we access their properties Thanks There events should be posted along with regular PB events. Access properties and methods with the .OBJECT keyword. i.e. oleobject_1.object.property = ?? Craig Gluck mohammed Al <yagalhaj@aol.com> wrote in article <345E17F5.D6F6A994@aol.com>... > Hi Everyone > I have never used OCX, OLE controls, my question is > how can we access their events > how can we access their properties > > Thanks >...

OLE Excel in DWpainter and ... after saving DW, pb 10 had forgotten the OLE server type
Hi, Actions in datawindow painter: 1. new-> datawindow-> ole_2 -> sql select -> columns select, ole type: Excel 2k, data select ..... -> SAVE (name dw_4ole) -> CLOSE!! dw_painter with dw_4ole. next: 2. OPEN dw_4ole and .... PB 10 doesn't remember what kind of OLE has been designed in step 1. It "remembers" everything in DW except the OLE server type. Is there something wrong with Excel or w2k ? Any workaround (except saving DW into file) ? System w2k server sp4 / pb 10.0 build 5064 / Oracle 8.1.7 (if it matters) PB 8.0.4 b.10726 works OK! ...

OLE vs ADO
When viewing examples for asp.net to get data from an Access data base, I see many examples using OLE connections and data controls, and other examples using ADO. Can someone explain the differences and tell me which one is faster ? Why would I use one way over the other ? Is one of them on the way out to be replaced by the other ? http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cpguide/html/cpconADONETProviders.asp It really only depends on which kind of examples you are seeing - - if they INDEED ARE all asp.net - then, what you might have run into are some VERY OL...

Web resources about - ADO Type adBigInt - sybase.ole-ocx-activex