-3 Error connecttonewobject in PB

Hi All,
I have been reading the postings in this group and have tried
everything that was mentioned.  I have made sure that the PBVM is in the path
and the object is registered correctly.  I even put the DLL in the
Winnt\system32 directory and reregistered it. But when I try to connect I get
-3 error.  Is there anything else that I could be doing wrong.  What are
the dates that should be on the OLEAuth32.dll file in the Winnt?  I have
the same dll on another computer and I get the same error.

Is there anything else I could check for?  I made it with a custom userobject.
I have tryed reregistering it many times.

Help!

Alan 212-667-8306
0
Alan

You're using a custom userobject?  Do you mean custom class nonvisual
userobject?  You cannor create visual components with PowerBuilder, only
nvos.

Carson

Carson Hager                          Dynamic Data Solutions
Team Powersoft                      http://www.dyn-data.com
MS Certified Professional
chager@dyn-data.com

         ********  Are You Ready for the Web  ********
                          www.jumpstart98.com

Alan Hyman <alan.hyman@cibcopco.com> wrote in message
MHwIywdC#GA.164@forums.powersoft.com...
>Hi All,
>I have been reading the postings in this group and have tried
>everything that was mentioned.  I have made sure that the PBVM is in the
path
>and the object is registered correctly.  I even put the DLL in the
>Winnt\system32 directory and reregistered it. But when I try to connect I
get
>-3 error.  Is there anything else that I could be doing wrong.  What are
>the dates that should be on the OLEAuth32.dll file in the Winnt?  I have
>the same dll on another computer and I get the same error.
>
>Is there anything else I could check for?  I made it with a custom
userobject.
>I have tryed reregistering it many times.
>
>Help!
>
>Alan 212-667-8306

0
Carson
11/8/1998 7:16:25 PM
That is true I am using a nonvisual object.  Do you have any reasons why the
error is happening?

Alan

0
Alan
11/9/1998 12:55:46 AM
Alan,

If you are using PB COM generator try to set 'Search the directory
specified in the Registry'. With 'Search Directories in the PATH ..' it
doesn't work, in my opinion. Are you using inherited nvo object?

George Luzny
BMI s.r.o.

In article <BDrVmM3C#GA.217@forums.powersoft.com>, you say...
> That is true I am using a nonvisual object.  Do you have any reasons why the
> error is happening?
>
> Alan

0
luzny
11/10/1998 8:32:31 AM
It's almost always path related.  Take a look at the suggestion offered by
George Luzny.  This will probably do the trick.

Alan Hyman <ahyman@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
BDrVmM3C#GA.217@forums.powersoft.com...
>That is true I am using a nonvisual object.  Do you have any reasons why
the
>error is happening?
>
>Alan

0
Carson
11/10/1998 2:45:11 PM
Carson,
I have finally figured it out.  You can not just make the com dll
but you also have to make a PB dll from that library.  I guess it was
implyed in some doc but, it didn't say "After you make the COM Dll.  Now make
the dll from the library."

Alan

On Tue, 10 Nov 1998 08:45:11 -0600,
 in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.ole-ocx-activex
Carson Hager[TeamPS] <chager@dyn-data.com> wrote:
>It's almost always path related.  Take a look at the suggestion offered by
>George Luzny.  This will probably do the trick.
>
>Carson

>Carson Hager                          Dynamic Data Solutions
>Team Powersoft                      http://www.dyn-data.com
>MS Certified Professional
>chager@dyn-data.com
>

>         ********  Are You Ready for the Web  ********
>                          www.jumpstart98.com
>

>Alan Hyman <ahyman@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
>BDrVmM3C#GA.217@forums.powersoft.com...
>>That is true I am using a nonvisual object.  Do you have any reasons why
>the
>>error is happening?
>>
>>Alan

0
Alan

PB 9 Insert OLE OCX control error
Dear All, I am using PB 9.0.2 Build 7534 and I am trying to insert an OCX control onto a form ... so I choose OLE from tool bar and the "Insert Object" window opens ... so I choose the "Insert Contro" tab ... the moment i choose this tab I get the follwoing error: pb90.exe - Application Error The instruction at "0x77c1beab" referenced memory at "0x00000001". The memory could not be "read". Click on OK to terminate the program I removed all Antivirus software from my PC and...

can i use pb's automation server to create an activex/ole/ocx? help me!
Please do not cross-post. -- <hopethishelps/> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] MySybase -- http://www.sybase.com/mysybase "tadsun" <tadsun@163.com> wrote in message news:UXo0Ru7BCHA.201@forums.sybase.com... > > > ...

PB Window ActiveX Error
Can somebody pls tell me what the error code -2 and -3 are in the PB window activeX ? those appear in while setting the parameters and when displaying the page from the browser. PS : I used the sample provided in PB80 help as it is (changed the lib and window name) . Any help is really appreciated SC. ...

VB OCX
Hi, i have created a OCX using VB6 then i'm calling it from PB8 through OLE. A function inside the OCX has a parameter that is set byref. however, after triggering the function from PB, the value from the OCX function is not being sent back. Is this a restriction or am i just missing out someting? Thanks and Regards, Mickey I hope I get this right. Try adding a REF statement in your function call. ole_1.Object.Function(REF ls_var) Brad Mickey wrote: > Hi, > > i have created a OCX using VB6 then i'm calling it from PB8 > through OLE. A functio...

PB & OLE error
Am using PB5.0.4 on WINNT & Office97 Had trouble using the Spell Check OCX of PB5, so I went to my home copy of PB6.0 and exported the w_spellcheck, and imported it at workto my PB5.0.4 version. For the most part it works ok, but burps on line 28 with this error message - R0035: Error calling external object function cells at line 28 in clicked event of object cb_spell of w_spellcheck. Anyone have any idea what the problem is here? I doubt about downword( 6 to 5.0.0.4 ) portability. -- Mahendra Dhamdhere Unicef, New York Email:mahendrad@hotmail.com William F. O'...

PB with ole object richtx32.ocx
Hello, I use a user object with a richtx32.ocx ole object in a window, and i have a problem with the getfocus in this user obejct : when i always use TAB key it's ok, but when i losefocus my user object with the mouse, after the TAB key doesn't work, i'm oblige to click on my user object. thanks ...

Error in PB window ActiveX Object
My Environment: PB version = 7.03, OS = Win 2000, Frontpage 4.0, IE 5.5 SP2. I am trying to create my first ActiveX window object. When I bring up the web page nothing happens, no error messages, no Active X object, nothing. When I use Frontpage to look at the page in Normal view, I do get an error from PBRX70 saying 'Start of PowerBuilder VM failed. Return Code = -3.' Does anyone know what -3 means? Could it be a security setting in my IE browser? It looks like Frontpage is firing the ActiveX helper, but something is happening in the virtual machine. The text of the...

Welcome to the OLE-OCX-ACTIVEX newsgroup
Welcome to the OLE-OCX-ACTIVEX newsgroup. This is a forum for discussion on topics related to the usage of OLE, OCX and ACTIVEX with PowerBuilder. Feel free to post questions about the product, concerns about your development needs for enhancements and any other feedback. All posted messages will be in the public domain and may be republished on Powersoft's InfoBase CD ROM as well as on our WebSite in order to provide information that is extremely valuable to other developers. This is NOT Powersoft Technical Support and it is not the purpose of this newsgroup service to allo...

Error Inserting an OCX into and OLE Object
Hello all, I get the message "Insert of Object failed, license file required." when trying to insert an OCX into an OLE Object. The ocx was registered through the PB insert window register new option. I have rebooted to make sure that registry changes have taken and I still have the same problem. Does anyone know why I am getting the above error? Am I missing a file on my machine? Others in my work group can insert the ocx without problems. It appears to be machine specific. Thanks for any help you can provide. Sherry ...

PB 7 objects and OLE,OCX
Could a PB7 picture object be exported in an OCX or OLE object in order to be used in previous versions? Chriss cioannou@bankofcyprus.gr ...

PB Runtime error
I have an PB 7 application, build 8033, where when we run it in the development enviroment it runs fine, but when we try to do an Query by Example with the executable, the application fails with this error. We are using informix 7.03 as our database. Any ideas? Thanks George We tried this on a couple of other non powebuilder development machines, and the application runs fine. It appears either to be an invalid .dll on that machine or an issue with Citrix and PB702. Anyone else using PB702 and Citrix? THanks George Can you get the SQL-Syntax? geocal99@ya...

errors errors errors..

Error, Error and more errors

PB ActiveX gets Dr.Watson Error
Hello all. We have been developing a PB 6.5 app that runs on our Intranet. We put all of the .pbd's on our web server and run the login window (first window) as an Active X control. Some users are able to use our tool fine, others get Dr.Watson errors after logging in and selecting another window. We checked memory. We thought 96 meg of ram was what it needed. We soon found out that this is not the case since a user with 64 meg can run the app but a user with 96 cannot. Any suggestions to what could be causing this error to occur? Thank you, Ryan Keenan Well - what...

error error error

Web resources about - -3 Error connecttonewobject in PB - sybase.ole-ocx-activex