Web form applications performance #2

Hi everyone,
I am disappointed no one has responded to my post dated Feb 2nd.
Is this subject not relevant to this group?
Thanks for anyone who cares to reply.
Alon Baadani
0
Alon
2/10/2009 5:19:09 PM
sybase.net.webform 1327 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I responded down there...thought I had already. It is a interesting topic,
especially for those moving apps out onto the web.

Troy

> Hi everyone,
> I am disappointed no one has responded to my post dated Feb 2nd.
> Is this subject not relevant to this group?
> Thanks for anyone who cares to reply.
> Alon Baadani

0
Troy

ASP.NET 2.0 Web Application installed in IIS as an ASP.NET 1.1 application (Web Application Project)
I have a Web Application Project (newly migrated from VS2003 with VS2005-SP1) and a Web Setup Project.When I install the generated msi on a computer that has both .NET 1.1 and .NET 2.0, the application does not start because of a tag in Web.config that does not exist in ASP.NET 2.0. When I check the ASP.NET version (right-clic on the Web Application Folder in IIS > Properties > ASP.NET) I can see that the ASP.NET version is 1.1.  i have the same kind of problem .. can any one solve it..prasant In web Setup project on Custom Action tab add in Install action next *.vbs-script:Di...

ASP.NET 2.0 Vs VB.NET 2.0 (Web Application VS Desktop Application)
Hello every body,  I am going to develope my final year project "A information system" but I dont know that what I have to choose (desktop or web application) can u tell me the advantages of asp.net over vb.net (desktop or web application) please specify the main and atteractive resons  Thank you. web = no install, cross platform compatibility. desktop = richer UI experience (subjective) and better user interaction. From the standpoint of a web developer: Web applications are usually easier to deploy.  Whenever you release a new version of your code, y...

Access .Net 2.0 Application from .Net 2.0 Web Site
I need to populate a specific form in a .Net desktop application from a .net web application.  Is there an easy way to go about this? Hi, Based on my understanding, you want to start an executable application from your ASP.NET websit, right? We can invoke Process.Start method (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.diagnostics.process.start.aspx) to launch an executable application from ASP.NET application. Note: Please keep in mind, the ASP.NET application is running on the server, so it will start the executable application that exists in the server.   I look...

Visual Studio .NET has detected that the specified Web server is not running ASP.NET version 1.1. You will be unable to run ASP.NET Web applications or services. #2
I am getting the following error when I try to open a project. Please help me.  Visual Studio .NET has detected that the specified Web server is not running ASP.NET version 1.1. You will be unable to run ASP.NET Web applications or services. Thanks in advance, Prabaavaty      go to ur frameworx pathC:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v[ur version here]  and type in aspnet_regiis -ithen try again If this post was useful to you, please mark it as correct answer. Thank you!no problem should ever be solved twice.net wand Hi Prabaavaty, Based on my und...

Standard ASP.NET 2.0 Web Application to AJAX Enabled Web Application Wizard?
I am trying to convert an existing ASP.NET 2.0 web application to an AJAX enabled web application.  Is there a wizard or other application that will convert the application for me?  I have seen some documentation that tells you to modify the web.config, but I don't think that doing this will be a full conversion.  Any wizards or documentation to help me with this step would be greatly appreciated.You can't stop entropy so why even try? See http://www.asp.net/ajax/documentation/live/ConfiguringASPNETAJAX.aspx -DamienVisoft, Inc - Home | Blogs Latest Blog Post: SQL 20...

ASP.NET web application vs ASP.NET mobile web application
Hello, i have one question here. In New Project section, i found two item that are ASP.NET web application and ASP.NET mobile web application. Since i would like to start my project by creating a web application that can be accessed through mobile devices such as PDA, therefore can anyone suggest me which one is better to be chosen and why should i choose the suggested answer...Tq... An ASP.NET mobile web application uses a different set of controls to output HTML optimized for mobile devices, so thats your best bet :)...

Deploying Web Application
Hi AllI have been playing around with both setups and have a few questions. Firstly the ASP.Net web application: I have created a Web Application with a default.aspx. I have added a class library project to this project called DAL (Data Access Layer) and in this project created a simple class that opens and closes a connection just for testing purposes. I have added a reference to this project in the original web application... the one with the Default.aspx. Anyway everything works perfectly as it should but my question for this one is how do you deploy this to a server? I've re...

Converting .net desktop application(vb.net app) to .net web application(asp.net app)
is it possible to convert/upgrad .net desktop application(vb.net application) to .net web application(asp.net application) ? If possible how? is there any extra software or wrapper for it? If possible please...Thanks..  There is no conversion software or wrappers that I know of. For the most part, you will have to rewrite it since the platforms are completely different.Cheers,       Kevin JonesMy Blog...

Open External application in .net 2.0 web application
  Hi,     I am trying to open external application from .net 2.0 web application I kept following code in button click event to open notepad application System.Diagnostics.Process.Start("c:\windows\notepad.exe", "") on running Page just refreshes and create a new instance for notepad application(notepad.exe). That I am able to see through task manager.  but notepad application is not opened Please note that the same line of code is works fine when I used in .net framework 1.1 and open me application correctly. Do I need to need to do anything with .net fram...

Difference between mobile web applications and standard web applications + mobile web forms in them ?
I have a series of existing sites, but I need to make a PPC version of them (there already is one, but it uses standard web forms). Since the code-behind looks a lot in the PC and in the PPC version, I'd like both versions to use the same files for the code. I'm left with 2 options : - either create a new mobile web application for each existing web application, and put all the code behind in .dlls which I'll call from each page ; - or, if this is possible (and I'd rather do it), simply add mobile web forms to the existing web applications and redirect at login to the appropriate ve...

Using Web Service in ASP.NET 2.0 Web Application.
Hi, I am .NET Framework student and doing project on Online Flight Reservation System. My fictious airline will also provide the customized holiday packages to customers, if, they need one. Therefore, in my project book it has been specified that I need to use a Web Service in order to provide information of hotels.Is there any ready-made Web Service for doing so or I need to create a new one for doing so ? Help me in both the cases.   Suchi:Hi, I am .NET Framework student and doing project on Online Flight Reservation System. My fictious airline will also provide the customized&...

Integrate the 2 Web Application Project in ASP.NET 2.0
Hi,Here we are completed one project namely : admis.we have integrated another web application project namely forum with admis . our main project is : admis.out sub project is : forum. we need like www.admis.com/forum.And we need to pass the values from admis to forumwe need to integrate into single web application as www.admis.com/forum. e have used ASP.NET 2.0 Web Application Project with c#.With Thanks & RegardsSundar ...

Porting an ASP .NET 2.0 web site to an ASP .NET 2.0 with Ajax web site
Hi.I have been developing a project in ASP .NET 2.0, which I am now trying to port to an Ajax web site project. I am using a SQL Server database, and also the login controls - login, loginstatus and loginname. Everything is laid out in panels which are showed and hidden as needed. I found that on porting (steps described below), the new site launches, but it does not behave as expected. For instance, 1. the loginstatus control always shows the user as logged in. Even clicking on it to log out doesnt change to logged out state. 2. the calls I am making to the database are not executing at all...

Web resources about - Web form applications performance #2 - sybase.net.webform

Apple patent application reveals exciting possibilities for twin-camera system rumored for iPhone 7
We heard a report in November that Apple was testing an iPhone 7 model with dual rear cameras , and a patent application published today not ...

Panasonic Develops a Stretchable Resin Film and Its Application Materials for Stretchable Electronics ...
A stretchable film is developed. This film stretches to 2.5 times the original length and then returns to the original form. A conductive paste ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Decreased Over Two Week Period in Latest MBA Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications ...
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Decreased Over Two Week Period in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications decreased 27 percent from ...

Mortgage applications sink after rush

Seagate pushing non-PC storage for 2016 with focus on surveillance applications
... products for cloud computing, consumer electronics, surveillance and enterprise storage for 2016. Seagate expects surveillance-related applications ...