passing values to .net web form application

Hi

Can any explain me abt how to pass values to my .NET web form application
(designed using PB 11.1) from other web application?

My intension is to redirect from a web application (ASP.NET to .net web form
application) to my web application with user information.

Thanks & Regards,
Anbazhagan

0
Anbazhagan
1/30/2008 9:03:19 AM
sybase.net.webform 1327 articles. 0 followers. Follow

From the "Deploying Applications and Components to .NET" manual:

Starting an application with command line parameters
If your application requires command line parameters, you can assign
values to the PBCommandParm global property before you deploy the
application. For information on setting global properties, see �Global
Web configuration properties� on page 74.

Application users can override the PBCommandParm parameter set at
design time by adding it at the end of the application�s URL, preceded
by a question mark. Multiple parameters are separated by the ASCII
character code for an empty space (%20). For example, the following
address, entered on a single line, uses two start-up parameters for
the mypbapp Web Forms application deployed to the www.mysite.com Web
site:

http://www.mysite.com/mypbapp/default.aspx?PBCommandParm=p1%20p2
<<<

Good luck,

On 30 Jan 2008 01:03:19 -0800, "Anbazhagan"
<anbazhagan@hmastarware.com> wrote:

>Can any explain me abt how to pass values to my .NET web form application
>(designed using PB 11.1) from other web application?
>
>My intension is to redirect from a web application (ASP.NET to .net web form
>application) to my web application with user information.

*********************************
Build your vocabulary while feeding the hungry
http://www.freerice.com
*********************************
Newsgroup User Manual
=====================
TeamSybase <> Sybase employee
Forums = Peer-to-peer
Forums <> Communication with Sybase
IsNull (AnswerTo (Posting)) can return TRUE
Forums.Moderated = TRUE, so behave or be deleted
*********************************

PB Futures updated Jan 7/2008
See the PB Troubleshooting & Migration Guides at the Sandbox
^ ^
o o
=*=
0
Terry
1/30/2008 1:07:49 PM
Thanks Terry,

I will try.

Regards,
Anbazhagan
"Terry Voth" <sequel@techno-kitten.com> wrote in message
> From the "Deploying Applications and Components to .NET" manual:
>

> Starting an application with command line parameters
> If your application requires command line parameters, you can assign
> values to the PBCommandParm global property before you deploy the
> application. For information on setting global properties, see "Global
> Web configuration properties" on page 74.
>
> Application users can override the PBCommandParm parameter set at
> design time by adding it at the end of the application's URL, preceded
> by a question mark. Multiple parameters are separated by the ASCII
> character code for an empty space (%20). For example, the following
> address, entered on a single line, uses two start-up parameters for
> the mypbapp Web Forms application deployed to the www.mysite.com Web
> site:
>
> http://www.mysite.com/mypbapp/default.aspx?PBCommandParm=p1%20p2
> <<<
>
> Good luck,
>
> Terry [TeamSybase] and Sequel the techno-kitten
>
> On 30 Jan 2008 01:03:19 -0800, "Anbazhagan"
> <anbazhagan@hmastarware.com> wrote:
>
>>Can any explain me abt how to pass values to my .NET web form application
>>(designed using PB 11.1) from other web application?
>>
>>My intension is to redirect from a web application (ASP.NET to .net web
>>form
>>application) to my web application with user information.
>
> *********************************
> Build your vocabulary while feeding the hungry
> http://www.freerice.com
> *********************************
> Newsgroup User Manual
> =====================
> TeamSybase <> Sybase employee
> Forums = Peer-to-peer
> Forums <> Communication with Sybase
> IsNull (AnswerTo (Posting)) can return TRUE
> Forums.Moderated = TRUE, so behave or be deleted
> *********************************
>
> Sequel's Sandbox: http://www.techno-kitten.com
> Home of PBL Peeper, a free PowerBuilder Developer's Toolkit.
> Version 4.0.3 now available at the Sandbox
> PB Futures updated Jan 7/2008
> See the PB Troubleshooting & Migration Guides at the Sandbox
> ^ ^
> o o
> =*=

0
Anbazhagan

Converting .net desktop application(vb.net app) to .net web application(asp.net app)
is it possible to convert/upgrad .net desktop application(vb.net application) to .net web application(asp.net application) ? If possible how? is there any extra software or wrapper for it? If possible please...Thanks..  There is no conversion software or wrappers that I know of. For the most part, you will have to rewrite it since the platforms are completely different.Cheers,       Kevin JonesMy Blog...

passing cookies from ASP.NET web application to ASP.NET web service
Hi,     We are having a web application which in turn calls a web service.  we want to pass the cookies in the web application to the web service.     Can it be done?    Both the web application and web service are in seperate physical folders.    In IIS both are seperate virtual directories under default web site.    Kindly help me in this issue. Thanks, Prathiba you can extract values from web site to web service, but this will create cross scripting  My blog is here.Please remember to 'Mark as Answer' i...

ASP.NET web application vs ASP.NET mobile web application
Hello, i have one question here. In New Project section, i found two item that are ASP.NET web application and ASP.NET mobile web application. Since i would like to start my project by creating a web application that can be accessed through mobile devices such as PDA, therefore can anyone suggest me which one is better to be chosen and why should i choose the suggested answer...Tq... An ASP.NET mobile web application uses a different set of controls to output HTML optimized for mobile devices, so thats your best bet :)...

ASP.NET 2.0 Web Application installed in IIS as an ASP.NET 1.1 application (Web Application Project)
I have a Web Application Project (newly migrated from VS2003 with VS2005-SP1) and a Web Setup Project.When I install the generated msi on a computer that has both .NET 1.1 and .NET 2.0, the application does not start because of a tag in Web.config that does not exist in ASP.NET 2.0. When I check the ASP.NET version (right-clic on the Web Application Folder in IIS > Properties > ASP.NET) I can see that the ASP.NET version is 1.1.  i have the same kind of problem .. can any one solve it..prasant In web Setup project on Custom Action tab add in Install action next *.vbs-script:Di...

Deploying Web Application
Hi AllI have been playing around with both setups and have a few questions. Firstly the ASP.Net web application: I have created a Web Application with a default.aspx. I have added a class library project to this project called DAL (Data Access Layer) and in this project created a simple class that opens and closes a connection just for testing purposes. I have added a reference to this project in the original web application... the one with the Default.aspx. Anyway everything works perfectly as it should but my question for this one is how do you deploy this to a server? I've re...

Passing Values between ASP.NET Web Forms
is there a new way for Passing Values between ASP.NET Web Forms in nET 2.0 ?angiras Yes, yes there is. "Microsoft is proud to announce a new form of page communication, it's called page faxing. It does require additional hardware be added to your server setup, but the performance degradation is well worth it. Each page sends a fax with variable values listed. The computerator operator then takes the fax and feeds it back into the computer by way of a scanner. .... research is under way to apply this exciting technology to IE 7.1, the fax browser..."War doesn't determin...

web.net window form to asp.net form
is there a way to convert a form written in vb.net in a window form to an asp.net form ?Computer Engineer, CIW , MCP , MCSAhttp://www.elmajdal.net...

Windows Principle security working in C#.NET Windows application, but not on ASP.NET Web Application with C#.NET as code behind
AppDomain.CurrentDomain.SetPrincipalPolicy(PrincipalPolicy.WindowsPrincipal); WindowsPrincipal usrPrincipal = (WindowsPrincipal)Thread.CurrentPrincipal; WindowsIdentity usrIdentity = (WindowsIdentity)usrPrincipal.Identity; String usrPrincipalName = usrPrincipal.Identity.Name; String usrPrincipalType = usrPrincipal.Identity.AuthenticationType; String usrPrincipalAuth = usrPrincipal.Identity.IsAuthenticated.ToString()   Can you check why this code is not working in Web application, however it is working in Windows application  Is it crashing at runtime? Not compiling? What...

passing values from ASP.NET source (form) page - to
 I'm using these intructions: To post an ASP.NET Web page to another page 1    <asp:Button 2      ID="Button1" 3    PostBackUrl="~/TargetPage.aspx"4      runat="server"5      Text="Submit" /> then I follow these intructions: Pass Values Between ASP.NET Web Pages 1    Public ReadOnly Property CurrentCity() As String2        Get3            Return ...

How to embed VB.Net application in ASP.Net web application
Hi, I developed a VB.Net application. I want to embed it in my ASP.Net application. Please help me to do the task.Regards,Jawad Naeem Hi , Its easy to embed a desktop application accessing the .NET framework and the class liberary but it depended on services that the application proivde as you know there are limitions as web applications doesn't act like fully desktop application so you should know what services does your application provides then you can do the following compile the application into DLL file or bulid it as exe but keep in mind classes should be public ...

How to pass Name
Hi,  I have a webform which should be completed in three steps. In the first step, I collect the Information about the Users's Name and Address. When he presses the "NEXT" button, I collect his information regarding the payments details like Bank name, etc. In the final step, I store all the information in the database. Now, how can I pass the information I collected in the step 1 to the step 2 , and finally to step 3 and store all the information I collected? I need to know how to pass the informaiton between the forms. Or i it possible for me to collect all the information o...

Visual Studio .NET has detected that the specified web server is not running ASP.NET version 1.1 . You will be unable to run ASP.NET Web applications
I installed Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003 . There is no problem in installation . IIS is also working fine . But when i try to open a project i get a error .  Visual Studio .NET has detected that the specified web server is not running ASP.NET version 1.1 . You will be unable to run ASP.NET Web applications or services  What is the problem ? help me Looks like web extensions are disabled. Here is the solution http://support.microsoft.com/kb/817267   If you are still stuck let me know Good luckPlease Mark Post that helped you as answer, also ...

Visual Studio .NET has detected that the specified Web server is not running ASP.NET version 1.1. You will be unable to run ASP.NET Web applications
A very common but weird error we get when trying to open asp.net applications using visual studio.net is "Visual Studio has detected that the specified Web Server is not running ASP.NET version 1.1. You will be unable to run ASP.NET Web applications or services." This Article would help you in resolving the issue. Thanks.regards,Harishhttp://geekswithblogs.net/ranganh...

No Asp.net mobile web application template in VS 2005 team suite How Can I create Asp.net mobile web application
I am using VS 2005 team suite. I want's to create a mobile web application. How Can I create a mobile web application in VS 2005. There is no template for Asp.net mobile web application [as in VS 2003] Not if I create a new Project or If I create a new WebSite project Also I have make a project of smart device which works perfectly fine. In the toolbox If I add new item I can see System.web.ui.mobilecontrols. I think I am just missing the template for ASP.NET Mobile Web Application. I don't want's to download and install full windows CE 5.0 [800mb] for just this temp...

Web resources about - passing values to .net web form application - sybase.net.webform

Application developers struggle to adapt to changing licensing models
Application producers are aware of rapid change impacting their ability to make money from their software products, but they're not adopting ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 24% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Surve Mortgage applications decreased 3.2 percent from one week earlier, according ...

Mortgage applications fall 3.2%
A definitive rise in mortgage interest rates over the last month is keeping borrowers at bay.

PCB firm Unitech looks to automotive, IoT applications for 2016 growth
PCB maker Unitech Printed Circuit Board expects demand for any-layer designs for use in automotive electronics, wearables and other IoT-connected ...