How to call AJAX function from a PowerBuilder 11.5 .NET Web Forms application?

Dear All,

I would like to know if it is possible (if yes then how) to call AJAX
function from a PowerBuilder 11.5 .NET Web Forms application.

Any pointer or information is much appreciated.  Thank you very much in
advance.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Jessica

0
Jessica
3/26/2009 6:19:08 AM
sybase.net.webform 1327 articles. 0 followers. Follow

The first thing you need to do is install the AJAX Extensions for ASP.Net.
They can be downloaded here:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=ca9d90fa-e8c9-42e3-aa19-08e2c027f5d6&displaylang=en

You write a client-side JavaScript event handler - say myScriptFile.js.

Then, in the PowerBuilder event, you write a conditional code block that
redirects the event to the Javascript handler.
Here's an example for an ItemChanged event in a datawindow:

#IF DEFINED PBWEBFORM THEN
  dw_1.JavaScriptFile = "MyScriptFile.js"  dw_1.OnClientItemChanged =
"MyItemChanged" #END IFThere's more detail in the "Deploying Applications
and Components to .Net" HTML book, in the section entitled "About
client-side programming"

--
Paul Horan[Sybase]
paulhoran.pbdjmagazine.com

"Jessica" <lautl@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Dear All,
>
> I would like to know if it is possible (if yes then how) to call AJAX
> function from a PowerBuilder 11.5 .NET Web Forms application.
>
> Any pointer or information is much appreciated.  Thank you very much in
> advance.
>
> Thanks and Best Regards,
> Jessica

0
Paul
3/26/2009 3:58:11 PM
Sorry for that mangled code snippet.

#IF DEFINED PBWEBFORM THEN
    dw_1.JavaScriptFile = "MyScriptFile.js"
    dw_1.OnClientItemChanged =  "MyItemChanged"
#END IF

"MyItemChanged" would be a function defined in the Javascript file.

"Paul Horan[Sybase]" <phoran_remove@remove_sybase.com> wrote in message
> The first thing you need to do is install the AJAX Extensions for ASP.Net.
> They can be downloaded here:
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=ca9d90fa-e8c9-42e3-aa19-08e2c027f5d6&displaylang=en
>
> You write a client-side JavaScript event handler - say myScriptFile.js.
>
> Then, in the PowerBuilder event, you write a conditional code block that
> redirects the event to the Javascript handler.
> Here's an example for an ItemChanged event in a datawindow:
>
> #IF DEFINED PBWEBFORM THEN
>  dw_1.JavaScriptFile = "MyScriptFile.js"  dw_1.OnClientItemChanged =
> "MyItemChanged" #END IFThere's more detail in the "Deploying Applications
> and Components to .Net" HTML book, in the section entitled "About
> client-side programming"
>
> --
> Paul Horan[Sybase]
> paulhoran.pbdjmagazine.com
>
> "Jessica" <lautl@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Dear All,
>>
>> I would like to know if it is possible (if yes then how) to call AJAX
>> function from a PowerBuilder 11.5 .NET Web Forms application.
>>
>> Any pointer or information is much appreciated.  Thank you very much in
>> advance.
>>
>> Thanks and Best Regards,
>> Jessica

0
Paul

Cannot call a web service from java script using ajax in .net 3.5 web applications
As like 2005 .net websites i tried to consume a web service from client side java script  using Ajax script manager in  .net 3.5 (2008) version web application it was not working, Event it works with 3.5 web sites, What i have to do to solve the issue. Thanks in advance Hi, can you create the least amount of code to reproduce it and post it? This gives us the ability to check out your code and better guide you. Also please check out this article: Create a Simple WCF Web Service and Use In JavaScript With Visual Studio 2008 and .Net 3.5.  Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Fire...

Converting .net desktop application(vb.net app) to .net web application(asp.net app)
is it possible to convert/upgrad .net desktop application(vb.net application) to .net web application(asp.net application) ? If possible how? is there any extra software or wrapper for it? If possible please...Thanks..  There is no conversion software or wrappers that I know of. For the most part, you will have to rewrite it since the platforms are completely different.Cheers,       Kevin JonesMy Blog...

AJAX Extension in asp.net 2.0 when i choose asp.net web site and run ajax control it will not work but if i choose asp.net ajax enabled web site ajax extensions are working file
 AJAX Extension in asp.net 2.0 when i choose new  asp.net web site and run ajax control it will not work but if i choose asp.net ajax enabled web site ajax extensions are working file.Because of this i will not able to use ajax extension in my previous website which are created in asp.net 2.0. Please help me how i will do it ..or i will convert all previous code in to ajax enabled web site but it is time consuming i think .. please give me proper solution i am new in asp.net development Sandeep, Nothing can help u better than this video RegardsKINJAL"Mark the post as an...

Migrating from ASP.NET Web Application to ASP.NET AJAX-enabled Web site
Hi, We have a running web application developed in ASP.NET 2.0 Web Application Project. We are facing some issues with Post back. Now if we want to migrate the prject in Ajax how can i do that? Will we need to develop from scratch or we can migrate to AJax with minor changes?   Thanks in Advance, Parimal    Try to take a look at this reading about migrating asp.net web application to Ajax - http://72.14.235.104/search?q=cache:6kV1ivEIoIYJ:ajax.asp.net/files/Migration%2520Guide.doc+asp.net+2.0+to+Ajax+migration&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=2 Here is a reading a...

I'm trying to use an auto-complete extender from the asp.net ajax extensions toolkit. The application is using .net 3.5 web site, hosting in local IIS
I'm trying to use an auto-complete extender from the asp.net ajax extensions toolkit. The application is using .net 3.5 web site, hosting in local IIS. Does anyone have a workaround or solution for this?  Thanks in advance. A workaround or solution for what? JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue....

Upgrading ASP.NET AJAX 1.0 Applications to use ASP.NET AJAX 3.5
 Hello All, I have a application built in using 2.0 where we used ajax 1.0. Now I am converting the web application to 3.5.  So when I do so, do i have to take extra steps inorder to make my existing ajax to work with frame work 3. 5 and  the ajax tool kit for 3.5? I am using Final release of visual studio 3.5.  learning.. : ) You will need to adjust your web.config to use the new version as well as replace the Toolkit with the 3.5 version.  Also, note that some of the controls are now built into ASP.NET, so you may need to replace those controls from you...

Consuming Web service from .net 3.5 web application using ajax
Hi , Before in .net 2005 ,I use to consume the  web service from client side via Ajax and java script. that's just adding web service inside the script manger services.But  it was not possible with .net 2008 version WEB APPLICATION   , Even it works well with .net 2008 web sites. Please help me to solve the issue. I have no idea what you mean. Please post the code that "does not work". NC...   I have the same problem.  I have a .NET 3.5 Web Application not Web Site.  I fully qualify the web service with the namespace i,e,  &n...

ASP.NET 3.5 Web Application does not run on Production Server with ASP.NET 3.5 Framework installed
I have having an issue with a ASP.NET 3.5 Web Application which runs fine from Visual Studio 2008, but when I deploy the entire application (with out compiling) to a Windows Server 2003  (Enterprise 64 bit) the Web Application gives error that webpage is not found. In the production Server, I remove the below lines from the web.config and it runs ok. <!--Comment httpModles on Production Server or website does not run--><httpModules>    <add name="ScriptModule" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptModule, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, C...

ASP.NET web application vs ASP.NET mobile web application
Hello, i have one question here. In New Project section, i found two item that are ASP.NET web application and ASP.NET mobile web application. Since i would like to start my project by creating a web application that can be accessed through mobile devices such as PDA, therefore can anyone suggest me which one is better to be chosen and why should i choose the suggested answer...Tq... An ASP.NET mobile web application uses a different set of controls to output HTML optimized for mobile devices, so thats your best bet :)...

ASP.NET 2.0 Web Application installed in IIS as an ASP.NET 1.1 application (Web Application Project)
I have a Web Application Project (newly migrated from VS2003 with VS2005-SP1) and a Web Setup Project.When I install the generated msi on a computer that has both .NET 1.1 and .NET 2.0, the application does not start because of a tag in Web.config that does not exist in ASP.NET 2.0. When I check the ASP.NET version (right-clic on the Web Application Folder in IIS > Properties > ASP.NET) I can see that the ASP.NET version is 1.1.  i have the same kind of problem .. can any one solve it..prasant In web Setup project on Custom Action tab add in Install action next *.vbs-script:Di...

Calling VC++ function from ASP.NET web form to pass parameter and get the result back from the function.
Hi,       One of our department has created an scientific application for data manipulation. They have developed the application in VC++ (NOT .NET). They asked me to create a Webform for the user input and pass the value to the function (class) they have created and return the value in a page.To make this application as an Internet site.I can create webforms but I don't know how to call the function (dll) from a webform when the button is clicked and return the value agin in the form.What are the steps I need to do? How to do it? is it possible?Could anyone help...

Difficulty deploying Visual Studio 2008 ASP.NET 3.5 Web Application to Windows Server 2003 with .NET 3.5 installed.
Hi,  I've developed an ASP.NET Web Application using .NET 3.5.  It follows the tiered software architecture of having a DAL, BLL and Presentation Layer.  The application uses many of the AJAX Controls that can be found in the AJAX ControlToolKit i.e Collapsible Panels.  The Application can be built and launched successfully on my local machine, however any attempt to Publish it to a remote server(with Windows Server 2003 installation and .NET 3.5 installed) is met with failure.  I've tried copying the project from my local machine onto the server i...

Web resources about - How to call AJAX function from a PowerBuilder 11.5 .NET Web Forms application? - sybase.net.webform

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles