Deploying PowerBuilder client/server app as .NET Web app

Hi

when I deploy Client/Server(stand alone) PowerBuilder
application as .NET Web application I get below output. Not
even getting any error messages.

--Deploy---
Checking IIS Server...
Generating .NET assembly file...
Deploy failed.

Have deployed provided Tutorial application as Web
application. It has successfully created and deployed as
shown below.
---------- Deploy: Deploy of p_pbtutor_webform2   (1:50:39
PM)
Checking IIS server...
Generating .NET assembly file...
Generating PBD files...
Copying to IIS server...
Deploy succeeded.
 ---------- Finished Deploy of p_pbtutor_webform2   (1:51:04
PM)

Any information is appreciated.
0
Raju
7/29/2008 2:48:23 PM
sybase.net.webform 1327 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Can you deploy it as a standard Win32 target?  Or as a Winform target?

Paul Horan[TeamSybase]

<Raju Golla> wrote in message news:488f2db7.37d2.1681692777@sybase.com...
> Hi
>
> when I deploy Client/Server(stand alone) PowerBuilder
> application as .NET Web application I get below output. Not
> even getting any error messages.
>
> --Deploy---
> Checking IIS Server...
> Generating .NET assembly file...
> Deploy failed.
>
> Have deployed provided Tutorial application as Web
> application. It has successfully created and deployed as
> shown below.
> ---------- Deploy: Deploy of p_pbtutor_webform2   (1:50:39
> PM)
> Checking IIS server...
> Generating .NET assembly file...
> Generating PBD files...
> Copying to IIS server...
> Deploy succeeded.
> ---------- Finished Deploy of p_pbtutor_webform2   (1:51:04
> PM)
>
> Any information is appreciated.

0
Paul
7/29/2008 6:35:12 PM
Paul, Client/Server based application has been running using
DataWindow components. we never tried deploying it as Win32
or Winform application.

we are trying to deploy existing Client/Server based
PowerBuilder Application as .NET Web application.

> Can you deploy it as a standard Win32 target?  Or as a
> Winform target?
>
> Paul Horan[TeamSybase]
>
> <Raju Golla> wrote in message
> > news:488f2db7.37d2.1681692777@sybase.com... Hi
> >
> > when I deploy Client/Server(stand alone) PowerBuilder
> > application as .NET Web application I get below output.
> > Not even getting any error messages.
> >
> > --Deploy---
> > Checking IIS Server...
> > Generating .NET assembly file...
> > Deploy failed.
> >
> > Have deployed provided Tutorial application as Web
> > application. It has successfully created and deployed as
> > shown below.
> > ---------- Deploy: Deploy of p_pbtutor_webform2
> > (1:50:39 PM)
> > Checking IIS server...
> > Generating .NET assembly file...
> > Generating PBD files...
> > Copying to IIS server...
> > Deploy succeeded.
> > ---------- Finished Deploy of p_pbtutor_webform2
> > (1:51:04 PM)
> >
> > Any information is appreciated.

0
Raju
7/29/2008 9:41:31 PM
Not sure I follow.  If your application is running today as a 2-tier
client/server app, then you've deployed it as a regular (i.e., Win32)
target.  The reason I asked is, if it doesn't regen/deploy as a regular
client/server Win32 app, then it's not going to deploy as a Webforms app
either.  Maybe you're missing a external resource (.bmp, .ico, etc)

Please state what version/build of PB you're using.

Paul Horan[TeamSybase]

<Raju Golla> wrote in message news:488f8e8b.491d.1681692777@sybase.com...
> Paul, Client/Server based application has been running using
> DataWindow components. we never tried deploying it as Win32
> or Winform application.
>
> we are trying to deploy existing Client/Server based
> PowerBuilder Application as .NET Web application.
>
>> Can you deploy it as a standard Win32 target?  Or as a
>> Winform target?
>>
>> Paul Horan[TeamSybase]
>>
>> <Raju Golla> wrote in message
>> > news:488f2db7.37d2.1681692777@sybase.com... Hi
>> >
>> > when I deploy Client/Server(stand alone) PowerBuilder
>> > application as .NET Web application I get below output.
>> > Not even getting any error messages.
>> >
>> > --Deploy---
>> > Checking IIS Server...
>> > Generating .NET assembly file...
>> > Deploy failed.
>> >
>> > Have deployed provided Tutorial application as Web
>> > application. It has successfully created and deployed as
>> > shown below.
>> > ---------- Deploy: Deploy of p_pbtutor_webform2
>> > (1:50:39 PM)
>> > Checking IIS server...
>> > Generating .NET assembly file...
>> > Generating PBD files...
>> > Copying to IIS server...
>> > Deploy succeeded.
>> > ---------- Finished Deploy of p_pbtutor_webform2
>> > (1:51:04 PM)
>> >
>> > Any information is appreciated.

0
Paul
7/30/2008 6:24:37 PM
Yes it is deployed as Win 32 application and running fine.
Win 32 application has been running for over 10 years now.

we are trying to migrate it to web. As conveyed in previous
post, deployment was failed. we are using PowerBuilder 11.1

Thanks,

> Not sure I follow.  If your application is running today
> as a 2-tier  client/server app, then you've deployed it as
> a regular (i.e., Win32)  target.  The reason I asked is,
> if it doesn't regen/deploy as a regular  client/server
> Win32 app, then it's not going to deploy as a Webforms app
> either.  Maybe you're missing a external resource (.bmp,
> .ico, etc)
>
> Please state what version/build of PB you're using.
>
> Paul Horan[TeamSybase]
>
> <Raju Golla> wrote in message
> > news:488f8e8b.491d.1681692777@sybase.com... Paul,
> > Client/Server based application has been running using
> DataWindow components. we never tried deploying it as
> > Win32 or Winform application.
> >
> > we are trying to deploy existing Client/Server based
> > PowerBuilder Application as .NET Web application.
> >
> >> Can you deploy it as a standard Win32 target?  Or as a
> >> Winform target?
> >>
> >> Paul Horan[TeamSybase]

> output. >> > Not even getting any error messages.

> as >> > shown below.

0
Raju

Converting .net desktop application(vb.net app) to .net web application(asp.net app)
is it possible to convert/upgrad .net desktop application(vb.net application) to .net web application(asp.net application) ? If possible how? is there any extra software or wrapper for it? If possible please...Thanks..  There is no conversion software or wrappers that I know of. For the most part, you will have to rewrite it since the platforms are completely different.Cheers,       Kevin JonesMy Blog...

Deploying VS.NET 2005 Crystal on a Web Server for Web App
Can someone confirm when/where the Crystal for VS.NET 2005 Merge Modules will be available?Secondarily.. I am wanting to deploy to a web server and with VS.NET 2003 v (and VS.NET 2002 version), I had to use the merge modules to be able to enter in our product key otherwise we had licensing issues.I just read a post that seemed to imply that this may not be needed with VS.NET 2005 version.. is that so?I am able to create a installation package by choosing Crystal as a prerequisite in the VS.NET 2005 setup project, but that seems more like the thing we would do if we were shipping out a WinFor...

Migrating ASP.NET 2.0 web app to ASP.NET 2.0 AJAX Enabled web app (Urgent)
Hello,  I have a question regarding the migration from ASP.Net 2.0 applicaiton to ASP.Net AJAX application. Development Environment:  Visual Studio.Net 2005 (Framework ver. 2.0) ASP.NET AJAX Extensions 1.0 (ASPAJAXExtSetup.msi installed) Windows XP Pro,  SQL Server 2000 Server:                              Windows 2003 Server IIS 6.0 Question:  Can I simply create a new ASP...

Deploy 3.5 web app on .NET 3.0 web server?
Hello,I am considering developing an ASP.NET app in VS 2008 using LINQ.  I know LINQ is .NET 3.5 specific but the IIS6 web server I need to deploy to only has .NET 3.0 installed (and I can't change that).So my question: can I compile and deploy a .NET 3.5 app on a web server with .NET 3.0 on it?  If so, how - and is there any official MSFT documentation? thanks,Justin Try this out it may work, if not you won't be using Linq unless they upgrade. http://linqinaction.net/blogs/main/archive/2007/09/05/linq-support-on-net-2.0.aspx- WilliamPlease mark the most helpful rep...

Deploying ASP.NET App to Web Server
Hello, Well i have an ASP.NET 2.0 App and want to put it on the web server. I am not sure this time what files i have to put there. In asp.ney 1.1 we used t have .dll and .aspx files plus all html stuff etc. Now here i cont find any.dll as it is not there in this version. I tried XCopy but it transfers all files in my case, say .aspx, .cs and html and .css files. Can anyone tell me how is this thing accomplished correctly as i want to secure the code. Thanks,IMIU and I Solutions,http://www.uandisolutions.com You will have to use either the aspnet_compiler utility or the "Publish" option...

ASP.NET 2.0 and .NET 1.1 Apps on Same Web Server
I don't have many details, as I just got a question from where I used to work and can't access any of the specifics, but it appears they're having a problem trying to run .NET 2.0 and .NET 1.1 web applications on the same IIS Server (6.0 I believe - on Windows Server 2003).  Apparently changing one web application to .net 2.0 breaks all the 1.1 apps.  Classic ASP web apps are running fine on the server with 1.1 1) Is it possible to run 2.0 and .net 1.1 apps on the same web server? 2) If so how can it be done - I can't seem to find an article on this anywhere. Y...

Can we deploy a .net 1.1 app to a .net 2.0 server?
Hi, We have been hosting an app on a server that has ASP and ASP.net 1.1 support.  We are now moving to an ISP that has ASP, ASP.net 1.1 and ASP.Net 2.0 plans.  We will soon migrate the development environment to VS 2005.  However, today we use VS 2003.  My question is can we initially deply to a server that has .net 2.0 support?  Are the 2.0 libs fully backward compatible? jerry    You can deploy a 1.1 app to a server runnuing both 1.1 and 2.0 by setting the framework version for the application on the server.  You can deploy many (bu...

Bits of a .NET 1 web app crash on a server running both .NET 1 and 2
We have a a win2003 server with running mostly .NET 2 web applications but one .NET 1 project. We quickly realised after initial upload of the .NET 1 application that the two versions of .NET would have to run in separate application pools. So I set one up called DOTNET1, assigned my app to it and everything seemed to run swimmingly.  Then yesterday a client rang up to say that a single page of the site wasn't working, although the rest seemed fine when I checked. Then today they rang up again and said a different page wasn't working. Both times it showed me an page sugges...

convert java web app 2 .NET web app
Hi, i am able to convert java console app to .NET console app.but i am unable to convert java web based application to .NET web based application. can u give me some idea as to how to convert that. Thanks in advance,nizam. I believe the technical phrase is.. rtfm?  lol.  you're going to have to do it the hard way.  JSP operates on a different theory of web development than asp.net/asp.net 2.0Kay LeeMySpace.com - http://www.myspace.com/kragieInfrastructure GroupMySpace.com- Code to live, but Live to code. Try these two links for sample code and free book from Microsoft, ...

Personal Site app links to another ASP.net app on same Server? Web Configs Confliction
I am trying to setup a personal site application that has a link that points to another asp.net application I have created.  Both apps are hosted on the same server (Godaddy.com) each with their own web config files. The secondary application is in a subfolder of the main application.  I can navigate to the personal site application, but when I click the link for the second app, I received some kind of error related to the second applications web config file.  Are there special parameters/settings I need for the second web config  to work?  Is there any way t...

Does installing .net 2.0 on 2003 server automatically upgrade asp.net for all current web apps?
I've read that installing the latest version of the .Net framework on 2003 server will automatically upgrade all ASP.Net applications to use the latest framework. I've found  MS documents online that say this for installing .Net 1.1 on a 1.0 server. I've found blog posts that say the same thing happens when installing 2.0 beta 1 on a server that has 1.1 on it. What I haven't found is any MS document that explicity says that installing the 2.0 beta 2 framework on a server will automatically upgrade all web apps to use 2.0 beta 2. The reason I'm asking is because I installed VS.N...

"Directory Listing -- /" on the browser when I run my Windows App / ASP.NET App as a client to a Web Service
  I have written my first example for Web Services presented in "Beginning Microsoft C# 2008 by Wrox". While creating a new WebService project, the WebService app opened with an example method HelloWorld() in Service1.asmx.cs. So I have not created any new WebMethods. I created a client as a Windows App with a Windows Form and a basic TextBox and a Button on it. I created a Service Reference for the client.  Inside the ButtonClick() event I created a Proxy Client and it is used to call the HelloWorld() method contained in the WebService and recieve the "H...

making our client server app a web app
Hi All, I have a client server application and I want to convert it (or a part of it ) to a thin client solution. But, we have a very complex GUI. We can easily bring our validations to jaguar as we do all this coding on nonvisual user components. The greatest problem in my opinion is the GUI, now built with powerbuilder 6.5. We use - tabpages and enabling/disabling these based on some settings - treeview - enabling/disabling columns on datawindows - drag & drop are these kind of GUI options available and possible in a browser , if yes could you give point me in the right...

Web resources about - Deploying PowerBuilder client/server app as .NET Web app - sybase.net.webform

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles