.Net Web Form & Web Service Deployment

Hi all

I have written some test web services and some web form applications and
deployed them to my IIS. That's fine but I now want to deploy them to my real
IIS server. I have created an msi for each but the problem is I seem to only be
able to deploy to the default web site. Our default web site is turned off and
instead we use several other sites.

Does anybody happen to if Powerbuilder 11 supports non default web sites? If not
do I need to hack the msi and if so can anybody suggest a suitable tool. I have
Orca but it's not very friendly. Unless of course I knew exactly what data I
need to change in the msi.

Thanks
Graeme

Graeme
6/8/2007 8:01:03 PM
sybase.net.webform 1327 articles. 0 followers. Follow

There are a number of tools out there that will allow you to edit the MSI
file.  You might look at:

http://www.installsite.org/pages/en/msi/authoring.htm

http://www.qwerty-msi.com/

"Graeme Cooke" <gc@datawright.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi all
>
> I have written some test web services and some web form applications and
> deployed them to my IIS. That's fine but I now want to deploy them to my
> real
> IIS server. I have created an msi for each but the problem is I seem to
> only be
> able to deploy to the default web site. Our default web site is turned off
> and
> instead we use several other sites.
>
> Does anybody happen to if Powerbuilder 11 supports non default web sites?
> If not
> do I need to hack the msi and if so can anybody suggest a suitable tool. I
> have
> Orca but it's not very friendly. Unless of course I knew exactly what data
> need to change in the msi.
>
> Thanks
> Graeme

Bruce

Noob ASP.NET/Web Services question (Moved from ASP.NET AJAX web services forum)
I'm connecting a ASP.NET project to a web service.  The web service was accessed on port 83, but when I added the web reference in Visual Studio 2008, it couldn't query the service and discover its interface.I switched the web service over to port 80 and it worked perfectly.  Do you know what's going on?  Has anyone experienced the same issue? Hello Cody, This really relates to the runtime setup of your projects.  When you are creating ASP.Net projects, Visual Studio runs the web apps/servers within Cassini.  Cassini is an internal web server to Visua...

How to call web service from asp.net application if web service is on web hosting server
Hi! my question is that how to call web service from asp.net if web service is present on web hosting srver....  Actually i created a web service and configure it in IIS and then call it from other asp.net application it works fine but when i copy that web service to web hosting server and call it from asp.net application it gives the following error Server Error in '/' Application. Parser Error Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modif...

Visual Studio .NET has detected that the specified Web server is not running ASP.NET version 1.1. You will be unable to run ASP.NET Web applications or services.
I get that msg. Try several things, but not working yet!! help please http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;817267 <- Jase -> Try opening the Visual Studio .NET command prompt (Start > Programs > VS.NET > Toosl > VS.NET Command Prompt) and typing in: aspnet_regiis -i To install ASP.NET with IIS.Stanley Tan theSpoke Blog...

Forward Credentials from ASP.NET Web-application to ASP.NET Web-Service
Hi,I don't have much knowledge about this. But, i have to get the person's UID and pwd who is logged into windows and pass this info along to a web service. Any ideas? You have to add similiar code like this ...//Create an instance of the CredentialCache class.CredentialCache cache = new CredentialCache();// Add a NetworkCredential instance to CredentialCache.// Negotiate for NTLM or Kerberos authentication.cache.Add( new Uri(myProxy.Url), "Negotiate", new NetworkCredential("UserName", "Password", "Domain"));//Assign CredentialCache to the Web service Client Proxy(myProxy) Credetials ...

passing cookies from ASP.NET web application to ASP.NET web service
Hi,     We are having a web application which in turn calls a web service.  we want to pass the cookies in the web application to the web service.     Can it be done?    Both the web application and web service are in seperate physical folders.    In IIS both are seperate virtual directories under default web site.    Kindly help me in this issue. Thanks, Prathiba you can extract values from web site to web service, but this will create cross scripting  My blog is here.Please remember to 'Mark as Answer' i...

Visual Studio .NET has detected that the specified Web server is not running ASP.NET version 1.1. You will be unable to run ASP.NET Web applications or services. #2
I am getting the following error when I try to open a project. Please help me.  Visual Studio .NET has detected that the specified Web server is not running ASP.NET version 1.1. You will be unable to run ASP.NET Web applications or services. Thanks in advance, Prabaavaty      go to ur frameworx pathC:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v[ur version here]  and type in aspnet_regiis -ithen try again If this post was useful to you, please mark it as correct answer. Thank you!no problem should ever be solved twice.net wand Hi Prabaavaty, Based on my und...

Executing .NET web service methods from ASP.NET webform
I have a .NET developed web service application running on IIS in our office. Few web methods are supplied from this web service application allowing any applications to interact with the web service application. In order to consume or execute these web methods it is required to authenticate the user first. Below code shows an example to read some data from web services application:  1 InteractApi inf = new InteractApi(); 2 long userId = 1; 3 long itemId = 2; 4 5 inf.PreAuthenticate = true; 6 ...

Urgent
Hi All,   I have seen a number of posts regarding this error message and unfortunately none of the suggestions work for me. I am developing on WinXp Pro SP3 and have had VS Studio .Net 2003, Version 7.1.3088 with the .NET Framework Version 1.1.4322 SP 1 and VS Studio 2005 Version 8.0.50727.762 SP .050727-7600 with the .NET Framework Version 2.0.50727 SP1 on my development machine. Everything was working fine until recently. Certain errors that were happening on a server could not be reproduced on my development machine so I registered with DynDNS and created a dynamic dns that points to my machine thus allowing me to have a test environment similar to server where we are experiencing the problems (or so I thought). When I open the VS 2003 solution I am getting the the above error. My VS 2005  projects they seem fine. I can actually run the site (http://mydnsname/vsprojectname/default.aspx) and other than a couple of minor issues the site works OK.  Has anybody out there got some idea of what I need to do in order to be able to open the project in VS2003? I have even diabled the site temporarily to see if that would make any difference to no avail.  Thanks in advance,  Gary   Have you checked out this kb: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/817267?Also, some other info: http://www.dotnetspider.com/resources/2050-Visual-Studio-NET-has-detected-at-e-specifie.aspx.Hope this provides some insight.- Jesse Jesse WilliamsPlease...

Deploying Web Application
Hi AllI have been playing around with both setups and have a few questions. Firstly the ASP.Net web application: I have created a Web Application with a default.aspx. I have added a class library project to this project called DAL (Data Access Layer) and in this project created a simple class that opens and closes a connection just for testing purposes. I have added a reference to this project in the original web application... the one with the Default.aspx. Anyway everything works perfectly as it should but my question for this one is how do you deploy this to a server? I've re...

Confused about Deployment (ASP.NET Web Application vs ASP.NET Web Site)
I am having difficulty publishing my ASP.NET website when my project is of type "ASP.NET Web Application" (I created a new project by File -> New Project -> Visual C# -> ASP.NET Web Application).  When I choose "Publish Web Site", it asks me to select the folder to publish to, which works fine.  I notice, however, in the 'published' default.aspx page (the only page in my project) that it is pointing to "Default.aspx.cs" for the CodeFile, however, the Published web site only has a .DLL in the \bin folder, named [Projectname].DLL, but it...

.NET web services Vs Java Web Services

web.net window form to asp.net form
is there a way to convert a form written in vb.net in a window form to an asp.net form ?Computer Engineer, CIW , MCP , MCSAhttp://www.elmajdal.net...

ASP.NET Web Service VS XML Web Service
Folks Can you tell me the difference beween ASP.NET Web Service and XML Web Service. How to create XML Web Service using Visual Studio as I know only to create ASP.NET Web Service using Visual Studio (vide Code Snippet).   Code Snippet: using System; using System.Collections; using System.ComponentModel; using System.Data; using System.Linq; using System.Web; using System.Web.Services; using System.Web.Services.Protocols; using System.Xml.Linq;namespace WebService1 { /// <summary> /// Summary description for Service1 /// </summary>[WebService(Namespac...

is it important that i need a web service for my ASP.NET Web Service?
HI is it important that i need a web service for my ASP.NET Web Service? Can u say what a web service is and what is the use of Web Service?Binu Mathew Wikipedia has a good description: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_serviceSteve Wellens My blog Can you gave me any other information,and the neednees of webservice in my program?Binu Mathew Please detailed you question. What is "your program" and what you want to do with web services?...

web service hosted on same web server from ASP.NET Ajax web site
Hi,    We have create an ASP.NET AJAX enabled website and an another web service. Both were hosted on same server but have two different virtual directory. I have specified the 'Path' attribute of '<ServiceReference>' element of ScriptManager as 'http://localhost/virDirectory/myWS.asmx" (Absolute path). But when I run the ASP.NET application I am getting error. Same code worked when i moved asmx page to the asp.net application folder and point 'Path' attribute of Script Manager to relative one like Path="myWS.asmx". I have also ...

Web Service & Web Form
Why do we use Web Service when things can be done in Web Form? The following 2 examples are my point of view:  1) using Web Service : When we use Google Web Service, we can invoke the Web Method like Searching for particular words, and return a list of results;     using Web Form :  we can create an Iframe and place the google url, search from there and view the results. 2) using Web Service : When we want to use a simple calculation from the web service, the result will be shown after using them;     using Web ...

Problem: difference in behavior between ASP.NET & .NET EXE calling SOAP::Lite web service
I am having an interesting, but very annoying problem related to making web service requests from .NET to a Perl SOAP::Lite web service that is running on Linux. Here is the situation: (1) In most cases, we are able to make web service calls from ASP.NET to the Perl web service just fine. There may be problems, but the test methods that we've tried seem to work fine. (2) A .NET console application is able to make calls to the Perl web service without any visible problems. (3) The problem comes in when the Perl web service throws a SoapException. When this happens and the web se...

asp .net 2.0 web app: building and deploying (32bit vs 64bit), web services
  Is there a difference in creating/building an asp .net web application in a 32 bit environment vs. a 64bit, in particular in terms of then deploying it to a 32bit or 64bit server?  Are there issues with web services to be considered?  Or is it all one and the same? Hi, I'm developing on a 32bits machine and deploying on 64bits server without problem. The Framework takes care or handling the 32bits/64bits situation. Added ref: http://quickstarts.asp.net/QuickStartv20/aspnet/doc/whatsnew.aspx 64-Bit Support. ASP.NET 2.0 is now 64-bit enabled, meaning it can take a...

Books name & Author Name required on C#, ASP.Net, Web Design, Web Service..........
Hello, We are planning to have books library in our company on C#, ASP.Net, Web Design, Web Service,  WPF, WWF, WCF and all related books on Visual Studio 2005 above version. Can some one please suggest me, good books name and author for the following types;  Sl No Type Books Name Author Name 1. C#     2. ASP.NET     3. Web Design     4. Web Service     5. WPF     6. WWF     7 WCF     8. Design & Patterns     Many tha...

Problem: difference in behavior between ASP.NET & .NET EXE calling SOAP::Lite web service
I am having an interesting, but very annoying problem related to making web service requests from .NET to a Perl SOAP::Lite web service that is running on Linux. Here is the situation: (1) In most cases, we are able to make web service calls from ASP.NET to the Perl web service just fine. There may be problems, but the test methods that we've tried seem to work fine. (2) A .NET console application is able to make calls to the Perl web service without any visible problems. (3) The problem comes in when the Perl web service throws a SoapException. When this happens and the web se...

Web resources about - .Net Web Form & Web Service Deployment - sybase.net.webform

Quality function deployment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... developed QFD in Japan in 1966, when the author combined his work in quality assurance and quality control points with function deployment used ...

Second Facebook Building In Luleå, Sweden, To Test New Rapid Deployment Data Center Concept
... at Facebook’s data center in Luleå, Sweden , will be the first of the social network’s data centers to be built using its new rapid deployment ...

Massive Growth in SMTP STARTTLS Deployment
When we posted in May about the state of STARTTLS deployment, we had no idea that we would see such significant changes to email encryption across ...

Deployment Manager (@redgateDeploy) on Twitter

Children welcome Georgia National Guardsmen home from deployment to Afghanistan - Flickr - Photo Sharing ...
In this photo taken on March 9, 2010 photo, Blake Cochran, left, 7, Brooke Cochran, center, 6, and Bailee Cochran, 3, welcome home Georgia's ...

Rosetta: close orbits to lander deployment (annotated) - YouTube
Animation showing Rosetta’s orbit in the lead up to, during and after lander separation. The animation begins on 1 October 2014, when Rosetta ...

Why, when and how to migrate to Windows 8 - Windows 8 migration, Windows 8 deployment, Windows 8, Windows ...
Windows 8 machines are coming out sometime this fall, but that doesn't mean businesses should shift to panic mode to upgrade their corporate ...

South China Sea: US agrees to spy plane deployment in Singapore
The United States has agreed with Singapore on a first deployment of the US P8 Poseidon spy plane in Singapore this month, in a fresh response ...

Iraq deployment decision in days: Bishop
The national security committee and federal cabinet will meet this week to decide on Australia's deployment to Iraq.

Full fibre NBN deployment costs artificially inflated: NBN Co critic
The cost of rolling out a fibre-to-the-premises NBN may not be as high as that posited by the Coalition government, according to University of ...