Netscape network security connect problem

hi,

I have a problem running sql commands within netscape communicator 4.04
see message below from the netscape java console.

# Security Exception: Couldn't connect to '192.168.2.7' with origin from
'local-classpath-classes'.
netscape.security.AppletSecurityException: security.Couldn't connect to
'192.168.2.7' with origin from 'local-classpath-classes'.
#  UniversalConnect privilege not enabled: Contacting and connecting
with other computers over a network

what/where is the setting to stop this from happening ?

Lee.

ps. this works fine in the java applet viewer.

0
lee
6/12/1998 9:35:42 AM
sybase.jconnect30 552 articles. 0 followers. Follow

--------------CE85BC1D01A1F4E2057BEC4D

This is an inconsistancy with the 4.X releases of Communicator where
Communicator favors the local CLASSPATH over the <CODEBASE> tag and is
finding your local jConnect driver.  You can work around this issue by
starting Communicator by hand and setting the CLASSPATH to not include the
jConnect drivers.

Dave Wolf
Syabse Professional Services

lee midgley wrote:

> hi,
>
> I have a problem running sql commands within netscape communicator 4.04
> see message below from the netscape java console.
>
> # Security Exception: Couldn't connect to '192.168.2.7' with origin from
> 'local-classpath-classes'.
> netscape.security.AppletSecurityException: security.Couldn't connect to
> '192.168.2.7' with origin from 'local-classpath-classes'.
> #  UniversalConnect privilege not enabled: Contacting and connecting
> with other computers over a network
>
> what/where is the setting to stop this from happening ?
>
> Lee.
>
> ps. this works fine in the java applet viewer.

--------------CE85BC1D01A1F4E2057BEC4D

begin:          vcard
fn:             David Wolf
n:              Wolf;David
org:            Sybase Professional Services
adr:            6550 Rock Spring Dr;;Suite 800;Bethesda;MD;20817;USA
email;internet: dwolf@sybase.com
title:          Consultant
x-mozilla-cpt:  ;0
x-mozilla-html: FALSE
version:        2.1
end:            vcard

--------------CE85BC1D01A1F4E2057BEC4D--

0
David
6/12/1998 12:15:52 PM
thanks for replying,

This has solved the class problem but i still get

David Lance Wolf wrote:

> This is an inconsistancy with the 4.X releases of Communicator where
> Communicator favors the local CLASSPATH over the <CODEBASE> tag and is
> finding your local jConnect driver.  You can work around this issue by
> starting Communicator by hand and setting the CLASSPATH to not include the
> jConnect drivers.
>
> Dave Wolf
> Syabse Professional Services
>
> lee midgley wrote:
>
> > hi,
> >
> > I have a problem running sql commands within netscape communicator 4.04
> > see message below from the netscape java console.
> >
> > # Security Exception: Couldn't connect to '192.168.2.7' with origin from
> > 'local-classpath-classes'.
> > netscape.security.AppletSecurityException: security.Couldn't connect to
> > '192.168.2.7' with origin from 'local-classpath-classes'.
> > #  UniversalConnect privilege not enabled: Contacting and connecting
> > with other computers over a network
> >
> > what/where is the setting to stop this from happening ?
> >
> > Lee.
> >
> > ps. this works fine in the java applet viewer.

>   David Wolf <dwolf@sybase.com>
>   Consultant
>   Sybase Professional Services
>
>   David Wolf
>   Consultant                    <dwolf@sybase.com>
>   Sybase Professional Services
>   6550 Rock Spring Dr           Netscape Conference Address
>   Suite 800                     Netscape Conference DLS Server
>   Bethesda
>   MD
>   20817
>   USA
>   Additional Information:
>   Last Name      Wolf
>   First Name     David
>   Version        2.1

0
lee
--------------93884F7A0647B7BF226AB73F

<HTML>
Is your RDBMs on a different box than your webserver?&nbsp; If so, you
will need to use the cascade webserver or the TDSTunnelServlet&nbsp; as
your proxy.... Please refer to
<BR><A HREF="http://www.sybase.com/products/internet/jconnect/docs/in30_6.htm#HEADING6-0">http://www.sybase.com/products/internet/jconnect/docs/in30_6.htm#HEADING6-0</A>
for details.

<P>-lance
<BR>team sybase
<BR>&nbsp;

<P>lee midgley wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>thanks for replying,

<P>This has solved the class problem but i still get
<BR>#&nbsp; UniversalConnect privilege not enabled: Contacting and connecting
<BR>with other computers over a network

<P>Lee.

<P>---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<P>David Lance Wolf wrote:

<P>> This is an inconsistancy with the 4.X releases of Communicator where
<BR>> Communicator favors the local CLASSPATH over the &lt;CODEBASE> tag
and is
<BR>> finding your local jConnect driver.&nbsp; You can work around this
issue by
<BR>> starting Communicator by hand and setting the CLASSPATH to not include
the
<BR>> jConnect drivers.
<BR>>
<BR>> Dave Wolf
<BR>> Syabse Professional Services
<BR>>
<BR>> lee midgley wrote:
<BR>>
<BR>> > hi,
<BR>> >
<BR>> > I have a problem running sql commands within netscape communicator
4.04
<BR>> > see message below from the netscape java console.
<BR>> >
<BR>> > # Security Exception: Couldn't connect to '192.168.2.7' with origin
from
<BR>> > 'local-classpath-classes'.
<BR>> > netscape.security.AppletSecurityException: security.Couldn't connect
<BR>> > '192.168.2.7' with origin from 'local-classpath-classes'.
<BR>> > #&nbsp; UniversalConnect privilege not enabled: Contacting and
connecting
<BR>> > with other computers over a network
<BR>> >
<BR>> > what/where is the setting to stop this from happening ?
<BR>> >
<BR>> > Lee.
<BR>> >
<BR>> > ps. this works fine in the java applet viewer.
<BR>>
<BR>>&nbsp;&nbsp; ------------------------------------------------------------------------
<BR>>
<BR>>&nbsp;&nbsp; David Wolf &lt;dwolf@sybase.com>
<BR>>&nbsp;&nbsp; Consultant
<BR>>&nbsp;&nbsp; Sybase Professional Services
<BR>>
<BR>>&nbsp;&nbsp; David Wolf
<BR>>&nbsp;&nbsp; Consultant&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
&lt;dwolf@sybase.com>
<BR>>&nbsp;&nbsp; Sybase Professional Services
<BR>>&nbsp;&nbsp; 6550 Rock Spring Dr&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
Netscape Conference Address
<BR>>&nbsp;&nbsp; Suite 800&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
Netscape Conference DLS Server
<BR>>&nbsp;&nbsp; Bethesda
<BR>>&nbsp;&nbsp; MD
<BR>>&nbsp;&nbsp; 20817
<BR>>&nbsp;&nbsp; USA
<BR>>&nbsp;&nbsp; Additional Information:
<BR>>&nbsp;&nbsp; Last Name&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Wolf
<BR>>&nbsp;&nbsp; First Name&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; David
<BR>>&nbsp;&nbsp; Version&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 2.1</BLOCKQUOTE>
&nbsp;
<PRE>--&nbsp;
Lance J. Andersen&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Email: lancea@sybase.com&nbsp;
Sybase Product Support Engineering&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Phone:(781) 564-6336&nbsp;
77 South Bedford Street&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Fax:&nbsp; (781) 564-6148
Burlington, MA 01803&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;

The Dark Knight Returns!!!&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Let's Go Penguins!!!
===============================================================================</PRE>
&nbsp;</HTML>

--------------93884F7A0647B7BF226AB73F

begin:          vcard
fn:             Lance Andersen
n:              Andersen;Lance
org:            Product Support Engineering
adr;dom:        77 South Bedford St;;;Burlington;MA;01803;
email;internet: lancea@sybase.com
title:          Sr. Product Support Engineering Manager
tel;work:       781 564-6336
tel;fax:        781 564-6183
note;quoted-printable:me!=0D=0A=

x-mozilla-cpt:  ;0
x-mozilla-html: FALSE
version:        2.1
end:            vcard

--------------93884F7A0647B7BF226AB73F--

0
Lance

Connection problem with secnews.netscape.com (secure)
I am having a problem connecting to the secure Netscape news server (secnews.netscape.com). I use Thunderbird and for some reason, the connection very seldom works. I can connect with Outlook Express and with 40tude Dialog without a problem. I am on a cable connection with a router and cable modem. I am running Windows XP SP2 with the firewall enabled. For what it is worth, I have tried disabling the firewall and it makes no difference and I have made sure that the port is 563, which is the secure port. Most of the time, it tells me the connection was refused. When it do...

Network connection problem
From: "Robert C. Pruski" <rpruski@esc20.net> Subject: Network Connection problem Date: Monday, January 12, 2004 11:44 AM I have a client that has one computer on the network that cannot connect to running database server version 7.0.2128. Running DBLOCATE locates the running database server on the network. When attempting connect with either ISQL or Sybase Central an error code 100061 generated and will not connect. All other computers on the same network segment using the same ODBC connection parameters connect without any problems. Anyone have any ideas as to...

Network connectivity problems
For some reason one of our Netware 6.5 sp7 servers started having network connectivity problems. This just suddenly appeared when users returned from a week holiday. Connection to this server is hit and miss. I can ping other servers both Netware and SLES OES, and Windows from this server but pinging workstations is hit and miss. I can ping workstations from the only other Netware server on the network no problem. I switched to a different nic and switch port and changed cables. Still the same. Any ideas? Thanks -- taphillips --------------------------------------------------...

Problems With Secure Connections
I'm running Mozilla 1.7.3 on an XP SP1 system, and https connections won't work. I'm getting error code 5990 (Error establishing an encrypted connection). IE running on the same box works fine. Proxy settings are the same in IE and Mozilla. In Mozila, all three SSL boxes are checked in Edit->Preferences->Privacy&Security->SSL. Any guess what I'm doing wrong? Thanks! /Don ...

Help Install and connect www by Netscape71, and secnews.netscape.com
Help Install and connect www by Netscape71; and secnews.netscape.com - netscape.security : please... anybody ... there: www, and : snews://secnews.netscape.com at Netscape 7.1 : none connection, on BOTH www and news, at install time: -Problem also to connect secnews.netscape com - netscape.security - newsgroup: at installing Netscape 7.1 : the browser :oppened but: doesn�t run any www, and it: says : * Alert : The connection was refused when attempting to contact http://home.netscape.com/ * , and I already have a screan name at netscape.net , and at AOL Instant Messenger al...

Network Connection Problems
I had two PC's connected to my router via a Cat6 cable. I only use the second PC (XP) for some legacy HW. There were times when the second PC didn't see the network connection. I would unplug the cable and replug it into the ethernet port and it would connect. Sometimes it would connect if I waited a few minutes. I had a wireless HTPC that would also report sometimes that no connection available. When it did I could see all the bars lit, so signal strength wasn't the issue. I recently upgraded to from a g router to an n router, but the same problems occurred....

Secure connections: how secure are they?
*QUOTE* ......... both useful and malicious information can be transmitted via network connections. Standard solutions protect computers against threats present in standard network connections, but aren't able to counter threats present in secure connections. Verifying the contents of a secure connection is impossible by virtue of its secure nature, as demonstrated by the different types of protection listed above. As a result, malicious data within secure channels can cause a significant amount of damage, and sometimes more than if it were to be transmitted via a standard, non-s...

Wireless Network Connectivity Problem
Hi, I am running a wireless LAN at home comprising of a Linksys router, a desktop PC and a Centrino laptop. Both computers connect to the router wirelessly and until this weekend everything has been running fine. This morning my PC was still connecting with no problems, however the laptop cannot see the network (or another local wireless network that we can view within the Wireless Network Connection dialog box). My girlfriend (the primary user of the laptop) swears she has changed nothing, but I took this with the usual hefty bucket of salt anyway and checked every set...

Problem with network connectivity and VPN
Here's the issue. I have 2 computers at home, both running XP Pro with SP2 and all updates applied. I'm using Trend Micro Internet Security and anti-virus. They are both connected to a D-Link 624 router via cat 5. I have an HP d145 officejet printer on the network as well. All devices are now using fixed IP addresses. On one computer, a Dell Latitude laptop, I can print, connect to any website, ping any address no problems. On the other system, a Dell Dimension 4100, I can connect to any website but I cannot print, ping anything (internal or external) and the VPN connectio...

Connection problems in local network
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0031_01C1BBB6.A7DEE810 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="koi8-r" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I'm trying to connect to an ASA6 server in local network I'm use command dbping -c = "ENG=3Drulezforever;DBG=3DYES;LOG=3Dd:\dbping.log;LINKS=3Dtcpip(DOBROADCA= ST=3DNO;USEUDP=3DNO;IP=3D192.168.0.4:2638)" and in the logfile dbping.log Fri Feb 22 2002 15:27 Trying to start Shared Memory link ... Shared Memory link started successfully CONN: Attempting to connect...

Network Database Connection Problem.
Hi - We have a PPB application that makes 2 database connections, one to a network ASA8 database and one to a local ASA8 database on the device. Both connections work fine. The problem is that once a connection is made to the network database, if we take the device outside the wireless network, all functions either crawl, or lock up all together. Meaning, clicking on a menu that opens a messagebox, will lock up the application. Or closing one window and opening another window will take minutes. The strange thing is that none of these functions access the network database, so I&#...

Network Connections folder problems
Tried to run a wizard to setup a VPN, now my network connections folder is completely empty. What the heck is going on here, and how do I fix it? Torrance In message <cga6im$9pl$1@news.grc.com>, Torrance Bell <starlite528@yahoo.com> writes >Tried to run a wizard to setup a VPN, now my network connections folder >is completely empty. What the heck is going on here, and how do I fix >it? Give a few more details? :-) OS, whose wizard? -- GRC Newsgroups/Guidelines/No Regrets: http://www.imilly.com/noregrets.htm From invalid, Reply To works. Kevin A...

Problem with network connection (physical ?)
I'm constructing a small network at home (UTP, 1 hub). 4 out of 6 connections are working fine. The other two don't, in exactly the same way: when I connect a computer, the link light is on. Also the transmit light blinks. When viewing the status of the connection I can see packets going out, but none comming in. At the hub side the link light is off! When I disconnect the line at the hub side, the connection dies at the computer side. So the hub doesn't see the connection, but the computer does. It seems to rule out a break in the line (or does it?). I hope so, because p...

connection to a network with security certificate
Hy, I'm new of linux, I want to connect to my School network. I requested a security certificate. They gave me a .p12 file. I don't know how to access to take my security code. I use Open Suse 11.0. When I try to open the file with kleopatra it says that there is an error. What can I do? Please try to explain me easily because I'm not very skilled. Thank you. -- emmina85 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ...

Web resources about - Netscape network security connect problem - sybase.jconnect30

Netscape - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Netscape Communications (formerly known as Netscape Communications Corporation and commonly known as Netscape ) is a US computer services company, ...

AOL.com - Netscape
AOL.com Homepage

The Netscape Blog
After the recent announcement about the future of My.Netscape, there have been a number of questions posed to our feedback channels. We thought ...

AOL.com - Netscape
AOL.com Homepage

Netscape ISP Homepage
Hot Searches: Tiger Woods Wins Memorial Miss USA 2012 Richard Dawson Dies Youngest M.D. Sign In Help & Feedback Breaking News: Clinton: Romney ...

Netscape ISP Homepage
Hot Searches: Jim Parsons Outed Phillip Phillips Kidney Surgery Hurricane Bud John Edwards Trial Sign In Help & Feedback Breaking News: FACT ...

AOL.com - Netscape
AOL offers today's news, sports, stock quotes, weather, movie reviews, TV trends and more. Get free email, AIM access, online radio, videos and ...

Marc Andreessen, internet pioneer and founder of Netscape at Web 2.0 Expo in San Francisco, CA - Flickr ...
Marc Andreessen, internet pioneer and founder of Netscape at Web 2.0 Expo in San Francisco, CA. Andreessen is a well renowned Silicon Valley ...

Kristy Hinze marries Netscape founder
Kristy Hinze, the swimsuit model-turned-billionairess, became the fourth Mrs Jim Clark on Monday. - Brisbane Times

Attention Marc Andreessen: Microsoft Just Bought (Part Of) Netscape
Here’s a deal that would have made many minds explode back in the 1990s: Microsoft is buying Netscape. Or at least, most of the important parts ...