can't install jconnect30 without gui

I know I posted this before, but the item seems to be gone.

I have jconnect 3.0 (licensed version) and would like and would like to
install
it on my SGI IRIX that has no gui.  the only access I have to the SGI is
via VT-102
terminal emulation thru a serial port.  The install process only works
with a gui or a browser which requires a gui.

Can I simply unzip the archives over top of the jconnect beta
installation that I already have loaded?  Could I use the Install that
comes with the version of jconnect 3.0 that
can be downloaded from the web?

Since my previous post seems to have been deleted, this is now a very
very very high priority issue for me.  I'll be leaving my client site
soon (where jconnect must be installed) and flying 3000 miles back to my
office :(.

-Rob.

0
Rob
4/29/1998 2:04:02 AM
sybase.jconnect30 552 articles. 0 followers. Follow

--------------34E432FF2DDFEE06DECFE27E

The 3.0 GA CD was cut back in December -- before we added the
-nogui commandline option.  If you get the latest EBF, it will
come packaged with the -nogui version of the installer.

One of the features of the installer is that it leaves a record
of what has been installed, so that if you download a new version
of jConnect from the web/trial site, it will NOT trash the
unlimited license key which you get with the GA version or from
one of the EBF releases.  If you just extract the .zip files
then future uses of the installer will overwrite your license
keys and you'll be back on a time-bombed trial version of the
license.

Work with support to get the latest EBF and use the -nogui option
with that.

dave

Rob Hite wrote:

> I know I posted this before, but the item seems to be gone.
>
> I have jconnect 3.0 (licensed version) and would like and would like to
> install
> it on my SGI IRIX that has no gui.  the only access I have to the SGI is
> via VT-102
> terminal emulation thru a serial port.  The install process only works
> with a gui or a browser which requires a gui.
>
> Can I simply unzip the archives over top of the jconnect beta
> installation that I already have loaded?  Could I use the Install that
> comes with the version of jconnect 3.0 that
> can be downloaded from the web?
>
> Since my previous post seems to have been deleted, this is now a very
> very very high priority issue for me.  I'll be leaving my client site
> soon (where jconnect must be installed) and flying 3000 miles back to my
> office :(.
>
> -Rob.
--------------34E432FF2DDFEE06DECFE27E

begin:          vcard
fn:             Dave Clegg
n:              Clegg;Dave
org:            Enterprise Products Engineering
adr:            1650 65th Street;;Atrium 139;Emeryville,;CA;94608;US
email;internet: davec@sybase.com
title:          Architect
tel;work:       510 922-3377
tel;home:       925 256-1243
x-mozilla-cpt:  ;0
x-mozilla-html: FALSE
version:        2.1
end:            vcard

--------------34E432FF2DDFEE06DECFE27E--

0
Dave

after installing deer park without domi, you can't install, without reinstall ???
Name: haytjes Email: hv1989_at_gmail.com Product: Deer Park Summary: after installing deer park without domi, you can't install, without reinstall ??? Comments: Hi, I've installed Deer Park, with the common installation and didn't know there was an Domi 'extension'. But now I figured out there was and how to install it (reinstall). And I don't want to do that, so can you make it possible to install domi without reinstall. And if it is already like this way, please make it understable how you can do it. greetz haytjes Browser Details: Mozill...

Can't install opensuse 12.1 from DVD, installer can't find DVD devices?
Hi, I have an HP pavilion dv7 laptop (3 years old) with Windows and Linux mint in a dual boot mode, and I wanted to install opensuse 12.1 from a DVD over my mint partition. When I boot with the 64bit KDE live CD in my DVD I can get to the menu where I can choose to try the live session or install. If I choose either, I see the linux kernel loading successfuly, then a green screen with opensuse logo, and after about 10 seconds the screen becomes a black text screen, and I see an error message saying that my DVD device wasn't found, and that the system is restarting in 120 se...

11.3 took 5 goes to install, doesn't boot without assistance and can't upgrade
I had a working setup of opensuse 11.0, dual booting using grub installed on the home partition. I tried to install 11.3 from the coverdisc of linux format (LXFDVD136). It took 5 goes before the install succeeded. Mostly stopping at the "boot installed system" stage. I put 11.3 on a formatted partition in the same place as 11.0, and put grub there too. The system will not boot without assistance. I have to use a supergrub disc and tell it which partition to boot. If I use boot linux from supergrub I get the Grub error message 15 file not found. Supergrub CAN find...

Can't Update CPAN, Can't Install DBD::mysql
I upgraded to Lion. I have pre-existing Perl modules that I had installed, but I hadn't yet installed DBD::mysql. When I try to install DBD::mysql, I get this: Checking if your kit is complete... Looks good Using DBI 1.615 (for perl 5.012003 on darwin-thread-multi-2level) installed in /System/Library/Perl/Extras/5.12/darwin-thread-multi-2level/auto/DBI/ Writing Makefile for DBD::mysql Can't exec "/usr/bin/make": No such file or directory at /System/Library/Perl/5.12/CPAN/Distribution.pm line 2026. CAPTTOFU/DBD-mysql-4.020.tar.gz /usr/bin/make -- NOT...

Windows ICF: Can't Live With it, Can't Live Without it
an article by David Wong - last updated August 22, 2002=20 "Windows ICF (Internet Connection Firewall) is the built-in firewall in=20 Windows XP, both the Home and Professional editions. ICF is an=20 excellent personal firewall and will prevent most attacks from the=20 Internet. However, the lack of granular control makes ICF much too=20 restrictive for power users. So, as they say, you can't live with it, = you=20 can't live without it. For this article, we put ICF into the lab and set = our=20 hackers (well, security penetration testers) loose at it to see how good = ...

Can't install grub/lilo, can't restor windows boot
Hi I tried to install opensuse 11 yesterday. But it couldn't install GRUB. It says - *disk doesn't exist* I cancelled the installation and now I cannot even access my windows (fixmbr and fixboot don't help) Please help! -- greg606 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Well, In some cases (especially when using recovery boot) grub reports installation problems. But this is the first time somebody reports fixmbr problems. 1/ I would consider using windows disk to load emergency console to try to access windows disk. If...

Re: Can't Update CPAN, Can't Install DBD::mysql
Good morning, On 28/09/11 at 3:59 PM -0400, Lola Lee Beno <lola@his.com> wrote: >That's what I was afraid of. Apparently a previous install of=20 >make got blown away. In the process of downloading XCode from=20 >App Store (uggggh) . . . I had to install Xcode twice (not download, just install twice).=20 And I seem to recall some reports from others saying the same=20 thing. Installing twice also fixed borked xcode for a colleague.=20 I never bothered to find out why that fixed things; just=20 proceeded and kept working. Charlie --=20 =E1=8F=8A C...

can't install amsn, suse dont't install tcl scripting langua
Hi all i recently installed opensuse 11.1 i586, and i need to install amsn here, but i got a error when installing, it says that needs the TCL Scripting Language, i typed "tcl" on yast and i found the files needed, i check the files on software management, and i click accept, it asks for the opensuse cd, but i only have the dvd install, i put it on the dvd rom, but i get a error message "failed to mount /dev/srO ...." :( i dont understand whats going on. EDIT: I think i posted in the wrong section, sorry i didnt find any other that matchs my problem PS: so...

Can't install Email-Send & Can't access Bugzilla in Browser
Hi All I am facing this problem for many days now and actually am stuck at this point can somebody please help me in resolving this (platform is Windows Server 2003, perl 5.8.8, Apache 2.2.4) 1) When I runchecksetup.pl command it give me error that Email Send and Emil MIME Modifier are not installed ..... I followed the instructions and run the commands but am unable to install these two C:\Bugzilla\bugzilla-3.0>ppm install Email-Send Downloading ActiveState Package Repository packlist...not modified Downloading theory58S packlist...redirect Downloading theory58S packlist...

USB-DVD: "Can't find the openSUSE Repository", can't install.
Greetings, A happy openSUSE user on my laptop, I want to use it on a new desktop computer / home server. It doesn't have an optical drive, so I've created a bootable USB stick out of a DVD ISO, based on the instructions at 'SDB:Live USB stick - openSUSE' (http://tinyurl.com/7zyvyt5) I can boot without problem from the USB stick, but I'm getting the error "Could not find the openSUSE Repository. Activating manual setup program". It then leads me to a basic, text-only interface, but I can't continue the install. A helpful soul in #suse suggeste...

cpan>install NET::SSH ----> Can't install NET::SSH don't know what it is?
Good day! This is the first time I'll be using the cpan to install modules. I run: perl -MCPAN -e shell and answer the questions one by one. When its done, I issued install NET::SSH at the cpan> prompt and I got the message: Can't install NET::SSH Don't know what it is. Question: How will I make cpan> know what NET::SSH is? Is there something I have to update first? How can I search for some useful modules using cpan> rather than using cpan search in www.cpan.org? What is auto bundle? And what does 'cpan -a' does? When I ran it, I can some...

Web resources about - can't install jconnect30 without gui - sybase.jconnect30