Setting the maximum number of connection

How do you set the maximum number of pooled connections from
within Java code? I'm not using JNDI or any app servers.  I
am using Sybase ASE 12.0 whichever version of jconnect  that
came with it.

I've looked everywhere for any answer and I can't seem to
find the solution. Help!

Thank you,
Oliver
0
Oliver
6/3/2004 9:39:49 PM
sybase.jconnect 798 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hi Oliver,

jConnect provides classes to work with a conneciton pool implementation.
So your answer to the questions depends on the pool implementation.

So just having the jConnect driver does not mean you have connection
pooling.
You need to implement that yourself or use some 3rd party implementation.

PV

<Oliver J> wrote in message news:40bf9ae9.305b.1681692777@sybase.com...
> How do you set the maximum number of pooled connections from
> within Java code? I'm not using JNDI or any app servers.  I
> am using Sybase ASE 12.0 whichever version of jconnect  that
> came with it.
>
> I've looked everywhere for any answer and I can't seem to
> find the solution. Help!
>
> Thank you,
> Oliver

0
Paul

Maximum Number of Connections
--------------89A62470F93A8AA100BFEB05 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Maximum Number of Connections The maximum number of connections retrieved from ct_config is 25. The default on most vendor stacks is eight. To increase the number from the default, reconfigure the protocol stack. I found the following information in a release bulletin, does anyone know how to reconfigure the protocol stack. Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Tina --------------89A62470F93A8AA100BFEB05 Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii C...

Maximum Number of Connections
--------------BA5CD9E3EA4569E70B7C408E Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Maximum Number of Connections The maximum number of connections retrieved from ct_config is 25. The default on most vendor stacks is eight. To increase the number from the default, reconfigure the protocol stack. I found the following information in a release bulletin, does anyone know how to reconfigure the protocol stack. Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Tina --------------BA5CD9E3EA4569E70B7C408E Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii C...

connection pool has reached maximum number of connections
Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE ...

Number of connections connected
hi, all I can limit the user connections to my sybase. But how can I know how many connections currently connected to my sybase ? Regards, Keene Hui Kenneth Hui wrote: > I can limit the user connections to my sybase. Do you mean on a per user basis? If so, no. > But how can I know how many connections currently connected > to my sybase ? 'sp_who' or 'select * from sysprocesses' will show the current connections. -am � 2001 ...

What is the maximum number of concurrent connections?
I downloaded a trial copy of SQL Anywhere 5.5. The standalone engine apparently supports only 10 connections, which is way too low for the application I have. Assuming a 1-user license and all connections coming from the same machine, how many concurrent connections does the network server support? Unfortunately, the network server is not included in the trial version, so I can't experiment with it. I apologize if this question has been already answered elsewhere, I was not able to find an FAQ for this newsgroup. Thanks, Alexey Lef alexey@raleigh.ibm.com >I dow...

Maximum number of connection caches
I set the mximum number of connection caches to 20. But, to play it save, I want to set it to a bigger number. Then that would taking more Jaguar source. So please anyone can suggest : what is the maximum number of connection caches allowed in Jaguar setup, with that not affect its performance. Thanks, Jack How long is a piece of string? ;-) General rule is set it high enough that you dont use all your connections and interfere with other apps ( if any ) and set the cache to JAG_CM_FORCE so that you can go above your cache but they will be disconncted when finsihed. ...

Maximum number of connection reached
Customer has the following setup: Netware 4.11 server, 6 x Windows XP Pro client, 2 x Windows 98 client. Has worked flawlessly for over a year, till recently the Windows XP machines one after the other stopped logging in and giving the error: "Maximum number of connection reached, wait for another user to logout" At this moment theres still one XP machine that log's on correctly, the other 5 have the problem. Nothing changed, no new users, no new computers, nothing to exceed the installed licenses. It doesnt make a difference if theres noone else logged in...

how to generate a set of numbers under certain condition, and randomly select a number from that set?
Hi all...Does anybody know how to generate a set numbers under certain condition, and then randomly select one number from that set?? This is related to RSA key generation.         For example:         p = 2, q = 5 ----> ø(n) = (2-1)(5-1) = 4            then Z10* = {1, 3, 7, 9}            The elements of Z10* should consist of 4 numbers (starting from 1, not 0) and should not be divisible by 4         &nb...

PowerDynamo: Maximum numbers of connections are in use
Hi, i allways get this message from PowerDynamo when I try to open a second connection from an other client: Unable to connect. Maximum numbers of connections are in use I thought it is why I use Adaptive Server Anywhere which is licensed for one seat only. Therefore I converted to MS Access but still get this message ! Thank you for any help ! Andr� Hi, I forgot to give you my environment: EAServer 3.5 Build 35036 (Developer Edition) Database: ASA 6.0.3.2887 or MS Access 97 Windows NT 4.0 SP6 Please could anyone give me a hint how to avoid these res...

Maximum number of days for archive setting
Hello, we currently aren't archiving any email. We want to start archiving and we want to set it to begin with to archive email older than 5 years, 1825 days. We find that when we set that setting, a lot of email more recent than 5 years is getting archived. Is there a max number of days you can set that setting to? Thanks Fred 255 is the max or used to be -- Michael J. Bell Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop Author of Guinevere (http://www.openhandhome.com) PLEASE: Do not e-mail me privately unless specifically asked. I'm a volunteer, not a Novell employ...

How to view/increase Maximum number of connections
Hi, How do you view the maximum number of connections set for an ASE Server? And is it possible to increase the number?? Regards, Anand Vijai For your info We use DBArtisan to work on the ASE Server To view: sp_configure 'number of user connections' To change: sp_configure 'number of user connections', 500 -- to set it to 500... HTH, Rob ------------------------------------------------------------- Rob Verschoor Certified Sybase Professional DBA for ASE 12.5/12.0/11.5/11.0 and Replication Server 12.5 / TeamSybase Author of Sybase books (order onl...

HELP: Maximum Number of Connections are in USE??!!!
Hi All We just find one annoying fact. Our site uses Power Dynamo 3.5. One of our page runs fine under normal condition. However when we use that page to do some load test, we find that Power Dynamo can only server at most two simultaneous request for that page. When we try more than two, it will like to return some errors. This is certain then the number of requests is over 10. All the error messages say "maximum number of connections are in use.". But the maximum number of connections allowed within the Power Dynamo is 5000. How could this error happens? We just can't...

setting idle timeout for a jConnect connection
Is there a way to set the idle timeout for a TDS (jConnect) connection in ASA 8.0.2 without setting it globally for the server? It looks unsettable from the documentation, yet the server timeout appears to apply. Is this a design disconnect in ASA? Also, I'm curious what people do in general for the idle timeout settings. Sybase has suggested that disabling it (setting it to zero) is a bad idea. In a production environment with a connection pool and long running apps, do people implement their own things for keeping connections alive and/or dropping idle connections, or do they...

The maximum number of connections have already been opened.
Hi, Sirs! We are working with open client sybase 12.5.2. We have an application that access database server in many times by second. After a period of time, we have the following error message : The maximum number of connections have already been opened. Anyone knows what is wrong? Is it with open client configuration or sybase server configuration? Thanks in advance. One application opens many database connections ? I don't know if there is a limit on the number of connections that one application can open, but there is surely a limit on the number of connections ...

Web resources about - Setting the maximum number of connection - sybase.jconnect

10th person arrested in connection with Paris attacks
CNN 10th person arrested in connection with Paris attacks CNN (CNN) Belgian police have arrested a 10th person in connection with last month's ...

Should auld connections be forgot...
This environmental testing company has strict data-retention requirements and they go beyond the data, reports a pilot fish on the scene. "Per ...

Test Claims To Show T-Mobile’s YouTube “Optimization” Is Just Connection Throttling
... on the same network, and at the same time of day. They tested video streaming against three other kinds of downloads and measured the connection ...