Can not connect to ASE 12.0 using jConnect 5.2 using XA transactions

I am trying to connect to ASE 12.0 using jConnect 5.2 (SybXADataSource) to
make
XA transaction calls.   I have a stand alone java client (using JDK 1.3.0)
which does
the following steps:
 1. Set Data Source to be SybXADataSource
 2. Set properties

 ds.setPassword("");
 ds.setUser("");
 ds.setNetworkProtocol("Tds");
 ds.setDatabaseName("master");
 ds.setResourceManagerName("connection");
 ds.setResourceManagerType(1);
 ds.setServerName("172.18.40.174");
 ds.setPortNumber(4100);

 3. getXAConnection
 at this point I get the message
 JZ0XS: The server does not support XA-style transactions.

 We have installed the license to allow DTM transactions.
 We have enabled transactions running the stored procedure
  sp_configure 'enable dtm' 1
 Have installed the stored procedures using  sql_server12.sql.
 Have granted  the user dtm role.
 We have reviewed all the logs and everything seems to be fine.
 At this point I do now know what else to do.
 I can use any sugestions.

0
Monica_Riccelli
4/10/2001 7:49:03 PM
sybase.jconnect 798 articles. 0 followers. Follow

ds.setResourceManagerType(2) for DTM ASE 12.0.  Older 11.x servers require
type (1) setting.

Jay

Monica_Riccelli wrote:

> I am trying to connect to ASE 12.0 using jConnect 5.2 (SybXADataSource) to
> make
> XA transaction calls.   I have a stand alone java client (using JDK 1.3.0)
> which does
> the following steps:
>  1. Set Data Source to be SybXADataSource
>  2. Set properties
>
>  ds.setPassword("");
>  ds.setUser("");
>  ds.setNetworkProtocol("Tds");
>  ds.setDatabaseName("master");
>  ds.setResourceManagerName("connection");
>  ds.setResourceManagerType(1);
>  ds.setServerName("172.18.40.174");
>  ds.setPortNumber(4100);
>
>  3. getXAConnection
>  at this point I get the message
>  JZ0XS: The server does not support XA-style transactions.
>
>  We have installed the license to allow DTM transactions.
>  We have enabled transactions running the stored procedure
>   sp_configure 'enable dtm' 1
>  Have installed the stored procedures using  sql_server12.sql.
>  Have granted  the user dtm role.
>  We have reviewed all the logs and everything seems to be fine.
>  At this point I do now know what else to do.
>  I can use any sugestions.

0
Jay