Client Connections and PowerBuilder connections

What do I need to do to my NT box to be able to run a browser from a
client machine to run the demo database/tutorial?  I am able to run the
demo from the NT server itself, but would like to test client
connectivity.  My client has browser capability.

Furthermore, I am anticipating on using Jaguar as a middle tier for
accepting communications from PowerBuilder.  Jaguar would then take the
SQL and pass the information onto a SYBASE SQL Server.  I am not even
concerned with any of the business logic that may be involved but am
more interested in getting Jaguar to be a middle tier while allowing
development seamlessly into a SYBASE SQL Server.  Can this be done in
the same sort of way that PowerBuilder currently connects to databases
in traditional 2-tier with DBParm information and SQLCA?

Thanks!

Dean
0
Dean
8/12/1997 7:46:27 PM
sybase.jaguar.cts 978 articles. 0 followers. Follow

--------------24F90237CF4150F67DD08420

Dean-

As for the first part, you just need to make sure the applet tages in
the HTML have the CODEBASE attribute set to

CODEBASE='http://yourmachine.com/classes/'

This will make sure the Jaguar classes get downloaded to the client.

Dave Wolf
Sybase Professional Services

Dean Furness wrote:

> What do I need to do to my NT box to be able to run a browser from a
> client machine to run the demo database/tutorial?  I am able to run
> the
> demo from the NT server itself, but would like to test client
> connectivity.  My client has browser capability.
>
> Furthermore, I am anticipating on using Jaguar as a middle tier for
> accepting communications from PowerBuilder.  Jaguar would then take
> the
> SQL and pass the information onto a SYBASE SQL Server.  I am not even
> concerned with any of the business logic that may be involved but am
> more interested in getting Jaguar to be a middle tier while allowing
> development seamlessly into a SYBASE SQL Server.  Can this be done in
> the same sort of way that PowerBuilder currently connects to databases
>
> in traditional 2-tier with DBParm information and SQLCA?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Dean

--------------24F90237CF4150F67DD08420

begin:          vcard
fn:             David Wolf
n:              Wolf;David
org:            Sybase Professional Services
adr:            6550 Rock Spring Drive Suite 800;;;Bethesda;MD;20855;USA
email;internet: dwolf@sybase.com
title:          Consultant
x-mozilla-cpt:  ;0
x-mozilla-html: TRUE
end:            vcard

--------------24F90237CF4150F67DD08420--

0
David

Connecting Jaguar object to connection cache from PowerBuilder
I have the following code in PowerBuilder Jaguar User Object Activate event to connect to the transaction object to tea_thin Oracle connection cache which is working successfully. It fails to connect to database and the server log shows connect failed. Any help at the earliest will be highly appreciated. Thanks for your time. -Hitesh -------------------------------------------- ErrorLogging erlinfo_base this.GetContextService("TransactionServer", & txnsrv) this.GetContextService("ErrorLogging", & erlinfo_base) SQLCA.DBMS = "JDS" ...

Client Connection Information and Remote Stop Connection in Jaguar
In DBP, the PB functions "GetServerInfo" and "RemoteStopConnection" are used to retrieve client application connection information and to disconnect a client from the server application by the client application with administrative privileges. But in Jaguar, we cannot use these functions to implement the same functionality. For retrieving connection information, we could use the functions "JagGetUserName", "JagGetPeerAddress", and "JadGetPassword". How can I invoke these functions? I want to know which DLL file I should call in the local...

not connected when I am connected

Monitoring client connections to Jaguar CTS
We are developing an application using Powerbuilder 7 clients and Powerbuilder 7 NVOs running on a Jaguar server. We would like to write a Jaguar service component to monitor client connections to the Jaguar server. The purpose of this component is to detect when a client connection is terminated for an unexpected reason (ie power failure, fatal exception etc) and clear up any locks that the client has left in the database. In distributed powerbuilder I could have used GetServerInfo to get a list of current connections. Is it possible to do something similar in Jaguar ? I can se...

Connecting to Jaguar Server from Powerbuilder ActibveX client
As far as I know, connection to Jaguar Server from PB ActiveX client can be done via sybase openclient.Is it possible to connect to Jaguar server from PB activeX client using ODBC ? If possible then how ? where can I get sybase system 11 driver ? Thanks in advance. -Chandu ...

Jaguar CTS 3.0 Prob connecting to oracle via connection cache
Oracle 7.3 Instance TLO1 Alias TLO1 Connection Cache settings Cache Name oracle_tlo1 Description TLO1 - Temp Live Oracle Enable cache by name access No Enable connection sanity check Yes No of connections in cache 10 Service Name <nothing> Database Connection Server TLO1 User com Password xxx Driver ociw32.dll OCI 7.x When I ping the connection it fails with.. Ping of oracle_tlo1 OCI_7 Con...

Connection cache problems with Direct Connect on Jaguar CTS 3.6.1
Hello all, I need to connect to CICS and execute transactions using Jaguar CTS 3.6.1, powerbuilder component and UNIX Sun Solaris 8.0. I've made a connection cache (via Jaguar Manager) using Open Client driver and it seems to work fine, because i can ping it. But, the problem is: When i try to access the connection cache within a powerbuilder 7.0 component using the Direct Connect driver (DBMS property) and specifying the connection cache name in the DBParm property, in NT (Win 2K) the connection cache is not used (Direct Connect bypasses Jaguar), in Solaris 8.0 it says it do...

Connection from PowerBuilder connects to Internet
We have a client who has experienced a problem I've seen posted on this forum but can't find now. When they connect with our application to SQLAnywhere, they're getting their connect to AOL dialog. They can cancel out and everything works. I remember that it's a problem with their version of the winsock.dll, but I don't remember the recommended solution. Thanks for you help, James Clanton >When they connect with our application to SQLAnywhere, they're getting their >connect to AOL dialog. They can cancel out and everything works. I >rem...

Powerbuilder Client connecting to Jaguar Comp thr firewall
We developed a small application in Powerbuilder 7.0 which will be used to work as offline/online data entry. This application connects to jaguar server on IIOP:9000 internally. Once it connects it calls a method to retrieve some data from the database. Now my question, how could we use the same application to connect to Jaguar server through a firewall? Does firewall in general support IIOP traffic? Thank you ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp Have your firewall open up port 9000 and allow IIOP protocol. Does y...

Connection to Jaguar CTS
I have a Powerbuilder 7.0 client app that uses Jag components. I use connection.connecTotServer() object to make a connection. In a situation where the Jaguar server is not available for whatever reason, it seems like it takes a very long time to figure out that it cannot establish a connection. When there is a valid Jaguar server, it is very fast to connect. I was wondering if there is anything I can do so that this "detection" can be faster? Thanks Nick Yes there are connection options such as retry and time to wait between retries Check the jaguar documentation ...

Jaguar CTS connection
Hi, I try to connect Jaguar CTS to SQL Server via ODBC. ODBC connects successfully but then I create Connection Cache on Jaguar server and ping it I've got on log file this message: Jan 31 18:36:25 2001: Unable to allocate the connection structure. Jan 31 18:36:25 2001: cm__odbc_error: SQLError: - 993426502, SQLState: 00000, . Have somebody ideas for me? Thanks for your help, Michael What version of ODBC and what build of EAServer. If you are using ODBC 3.52 or higher you need to have EBF C4 of EAserver 3.5 as a minimum. On Wed, 31 Jan 2001 18:45:4...

Connecting to Jaguar CTS
I have installed Jaguar CTS 1.1 for NT on my machine. I looked at the srv.log and things look fine. When I try to access Jaguar using the URL 'http://localhost:8080' from Netscape Navigator 3.01 I get an error saying that "peer has reset connections". I've stuck to the defaults with port 8080 as the HTTP port for Jaguar. Does anybody have any idea as to what could be the problem? Also, is there some other way to "talk" to jaguar, at this point, to see if the server will respond. Try connecting via Jaguar Manager. Connect to port 7878, jagadmin a...

Connect to Jaguar from client
Can anyone tell how to connect jaguar server from workstation ( Windows 98) ?? I have install Jaguar in Server NT and powersite in Workstation. I want to develop powersite in workstation that connect to Jaguar Server ??? I don't no how to connect it ??? I have tried with Build "HTML Datawindow DTC Page ", when i tried to connect it give error "Communication failure connecting to jaguar server EDISERVER:9000,......." TIA Regards Daniel Fransius Daniel, Could you clarify a couple of things. I'm assuming that you have jaguar installed on an NT S...

The connection is already open and the connection state is connecting.
Hello, I am getting this error time to time randomly. My web application is built on asp.net 3.5 which uses ODBC 5.1 driver to connect to mysql database. I have a separate database class which handles the connection, execute, fetching and all. The application runs fine for sometime then suddenly the users start getting this error after which the application fails to insert select from database. I have posted in this forum couple of times now and no one is really contributing or helping me. Please..Any help will be highly appreciated.. Many thanks, Viv The database abstract loo...

Web resources about - Client Connections and PowerBuilder connections - sybase.jaguar.cts

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles