Proxy table ASE - IQ

Hi,

I'm trying to insert 600000 rows from sybase IQ (linux) into a proxy table in
sybase ASE (windows NT), but it takes over 15 minutes.

I've also done the same select in the IQ table, and the performance seems to be
quite good, it took something like 10 seconds.
But when I make a insert from IQ into a ASE proxy table with 600000 rows (and
something like 30 columns) it took like 15 minutes to finish. Is this normal?
There is anything I can do to improve IQ performance (something to be
configured?)?

Thanks in advance
Roseli
Roseli
6/6/2005 8:10:27 PM
sybase.iq 1656 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I would think it would be the proxy tables on ASE not so
much IQ. Have you tried BCP? it would take a lot let time if
you can use it.
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to insert 600000 rows from sybase IQ (linux)
> into a proxy table in sybase ASE (windows NT), but it
> takes over 15 minutes.
>
> I've also done the same select in the IQ table, and the
> performance seems to be quite good, it took something like
> 10 seconds.  But when I make a insert from IQ into a ASE
> proxy table with 600000 rows (and something like 30
> columns) it took like 15 minutes to finish. Is this
> normal? There is anything I can do to improve IQ
> performance (something to be configured?)?
>
> Thanks in advance
> Roseli
Me

Proxy table mapping an ASE Table
Hi I try to create an IX proxy tablwe wich mapps a ASE table. I created an remote server with JDBC class bur when I try to do a connection I receive the following error message: 1> forward to remoteServer sp_who 2> go Msg 11206, Level 16, State 0: ASA Error -656: Unable to connect to server 'remoteServer': No suitable driver (1 row affected) What is wrong ? Thanks in advance for any hints. ...

Proxy tables between ASE 11.5.1 and ASE 12
Hi everybody We are in HP-UX 11 and have two servers, one in ASE 12 and other in ASE 11.5.1. This servers need to share data via proxy tables. Does somebody know if it is possible to use proxy tables in ASE 12 referencing tables in ASE 11.5.1 and viceversa? Thanks a lot. Roberto Espitia wrote: > We are in HP-UX 11 and have two servers, one in ASE 12 and other in ASE > 11.5.1. This servers need to share data via proxy tables. > Does somebody know if it is possible to use proxy tables in ASE 12 > referencing tables in ASE 11.5.1 and viceversa? It should work....

Proxy Tables ASE
Hi. I want to create proxy tables in ASE; the physical tables are in ASA. I have a problem creating a proxy table in ASE. The error message is something like "could not connect to remote server". I have some questions: * How to configure the remote server in ASE to connect an ASA database? * How to configure ASA environment? Some Tips? Renato Gonzalez ...

Proxy tables in ASE V12
Our agency is currently developing a new EAServer application which will include significant usage of CIS to access remote tables via proxy tables. Many of these accesses will require joins - joins between tables exclusively on the remote instance of ASE as well as joins between remote tables (via proxy tables) and local tables. Is anyone aware of any issues or gotchas, performance or otherwise, regarding using proxy tables in ASE V12? Also, this application will access two databases on the local server sometimes joining tables across those databases. The development team ...

Proxy tables in ASE 12.5
Hi everyone. Is it possible to have ASE proxy table to ASIQ in PDesigner 10.1? Thanks in advance, Jo=e3o Sim=f5es Jo=?ISO-8859-1?B?428=?= Sim=?ISO-8859-1?B?9WVz?= wrote... > Hi everyone. > > Is it possible to have ASE proxy table to ASIQ in PDesigner > 10.1? > > Thanks in advance, > Jo=e3o Sim=f5es > On the Options tab for the table select "External table" option. -- Jim Egan [TeamSybase] Sybase product enhancement requests: http://www.isug.com/cgi-bin/ISUG2/submit_enhancement ...

ase 15.5 proxy Table
Hi all , for Sybase technician, with ASE 12.5 (win2000) , the statement 'select @var = col from proxyTable where ....' inside the stored proc give always 0 (zero) rows. TIA ...

Working with ASA, ASE and proxy tables.
I am trying to create proxy tables on ASE from tables on an ASA 6.02 server. I am able to load proxy tables in ASE from ASA if ASE in on a different servers. But when they are on the same server I get an unable to connect error. I am running on NT 4 sp4, ASE 11.9.2 with CIS, and ASA 6.02. Why can I load the proxy tables onto a Unix ASE server but not the NT. Could both ASA 6.02 and ASE 11.9.2 be using slightly different versions of Open Server and Open Client?. Do they install any of the same dlls in the windows system directory? Has anyone ever tried this configuration an...

Proxy Tables in Table Last
In IM10.5 When I look at my list of tables when making a new query or report, I cannot see tables that are proxy tables. Am I missing a setting somewhere to let me see these? TIA ...

Blocks created on ASE Proxy Table when select/update
Hi, We have a proxy table that is being accessed from an IQ stored procedure. The procedure selects data as well as updates data into the proxy table. When the proc is run twice simultaneously, there is a block created on the ASE side..(select from one proc blocking update from another proc) Is there any way to change this behaviour?? The table is DataPages locked if that is of any use.... I'd want to start with finding out what query plan(s) are in use on the ASE side, along with the type of locks required to support said query plans (the SQL text, submitted by IQ to AS...

Reverse Proxy table ASE 15.0.2
Hi all, I have tried to make a reverse of proxy tables (ASE 15.0.2) with PD 12.5 ESD#16 but doesn't work, I believe ..... The proxy tables are reversed as normal tables. Is It correct that in reverse window don't appear the sheet "Remote Servers"? Thanks in advance Stefania ...

remote server, proxy tables, ASE 12.5.1, ODBC, dbf
Hi. i have ASE 12.5.1 under OS- w2k server Sp4 I need to select some data from dbf database. Can I use ODBC datasource as remote server ? and how to do this? I`ve founed that in ASA that work via remote server and proxy tables. but i didnt founed how to do this in ASE. may somebody can help me ? Loon in the Component Integration Services User's Guide <Andrew Solonchuk> wrote in message news:41962558.4641.1681692777@sybase.com... > Hi. > > i have ASE 12.5.1 under OS- w2k server Sp4 > > I need to select some data from dbf database. > > ...

Problem with creation of Proxy tables from ASE 11.9.2 to ASA 7
Hello, while creating proxy tables to link ASE 11.9.2.3 SWR9098 to ASA 7.0.1 (918) both running on Sun Solaris, there is a problem where it takes approximately 20 minutes to create the table. When running against ASA 6.0.3, this table creation took a matter of seconds. Is there some issue with regards to the creation of proxy tables with CIS to ASA 7? When I look at the CPU utilisation, ASA is hitting close to 100% CPU while it sits there for the 20 mins. The server is added with 'exec sp_addserver ...' The login is added with 'exec sp_addexternlogin..." An...

Proxy tables performing table scan
Hi, I have a query using 2 proxy tables, when I run the query the showplan shows Table Scan over the 2 proxy tables, when I run it in the remote database directly, the showplan shows Index Scan over the 2 tables. (WinXP - ASAny 8.0.3.5426) Thanks! The software is working correctly. SQL Anywhere has no knowledge of what access plan the underlying DBMS will use to execute its particular portion of the original SQL statement. Proxy tables that appear in the plan are largely placeholders that represent a separate SELECT issued to the underlying DBMS, and are always re...

Identify normal table and proxy table
Hi All, How to know how many normal tables and proxy tables available in a database? I am using sybase 12.0 & sybase 12.5.3. Grab a copy of the "ASE Reference Manual : Tables" manual. This contains a brief description of the various system tables and some of their type and status values. Take a look at the entries in sysobjects and sysattributes for tables you know are local or proxy; in particular look at the values in the various type and status columns. You may also be able to use (non)existent textual values in various sysattributes' character columns...

Proxy tables
I am trying to use proxy tables in a 6.0.3 environment. I've run the following statements successfully from my machine on a local db: CREATE SERVER 'ptest' CLASS 'ASAODBC' USING 'mydsn'; CREATE EXISTING TABLE table1p at 'ptest...table1'; This works fine. Now, a co-worker tries to do this on his machine against his database and gets the following error when executing the CREATE EXISTING TABLE statement on his db: 'Java virtual machine could not be started' So, I decide to try to connect to his db and try it myself, issuing the e...

Web resources about - Proxy table ASE - IQ - sybase.iq

Proxy bomb - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The proxy bomb (also known as a human bomb ) was a tactic used mainly by the Provisional Irish Republican Army (IRA) in Northern Ireland during ...

Facebook Platform Email Sharing API, Proxy Email Service Going Live in 5 Days
We just wrote yesterday about recent updates to Facebook’s Developer Roadmap , the calendar Facebook originally launched last October to give ...

VPN in Touch - Unblock Facebook, WiFi Hotspot Security, Web Proxy, Free VPN for iPhone and iPad on the ...
Get VPN in Touch - Unblock Facebook, WiFi Hotspot Security, Web Proxy, Free VPN for iPhone and iPad on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, ...

How To Use Google Translate As A Proxy - 2015 - YouTube
How To Use Google Translate As A Proxy - 2015 Full transcript: How To Use Google Translate As A Proxy To use Google Translate as a proxy, if ...

How 'free' geo-dodging and proxy services are selling you out
'Free' services that work with a web browser to access blocked overseas content have been shown to actively steal your information, spy on you ...

Proxy feud puts $1bn iron ore play in limbo
The ownership of Koolyanobbing in WA is in limbo pending the outcome of a proxy battle at its US owner, Cliffs Natural Resources.

Malware uses Google Docs as proxy to command and control server
Security researchers from antivirus vendor Symantec have uncovered a piece of malware that uses Google Docs, which is now part of Google Drive, ...

Lebanon: Nation with no real unity stuck as proxy for region's conflict
The National Museum of Beirut houses one of the greatest prehistoric collections in the world. It's here you'll find the earliest example we ...

BHP Billiton showing remuneration 'disconnect', proxy adviser warns
Proxy advisers say BHP shareholders should question a short-term incentive paid to BHP chief Andrew Mackenzie

Apple starts offering proxy access to give shareholders more power over board of directors
... to nominate to the company’s board of directors. This makes Apple the latest company to adopt what is commonly referred to as “proxy access.” ...