internal net library error

Hi there,

I compiled and linked my application using Sybase IQ 12 on HPUX 10.20.
Everything's been OK so far but when i try to connect to a database, i get
the following error message :

Open Client Message:
Message number: LAYER = (5) ORIGIN = (3) SEVERITY = (5) NUMBER = (131)
Message String: ct_init(): network packet layer: internal net library
error:
Attempt to load protocol driver failed

Has anyone got a clue of what's going wrong with it ?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Christian

0
Christian_Gregoire
3/5/2001 9:52:40 AM
sybase.iq 1656 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi!
What version of open client are you using?

Karen

Christian_Gregoire wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I compiled and linked my application using Sybase IQ 12 on HPUX 10.20.
> Everything's been OK so far but when i try to connect to a database, i get
> the following error message :
>
> Open Client Message:
> Message number: LAYER = (5) ORIGIN = (3) SEVERITY = (5) NUMBER = (131)
> Message String: ct_init(): network packet layer: internal net library
> error:
> Attempt to load protocol driver failed
>
> Has anyone got a clue of what's going wrong with it ?
>
> Thanks in advance for any advice.
>
> Christian

0
Karen
3/6/2001 3:58:25 PM
I'm using Open Client 12.0
0
Christian_Gregoire
3/7/2001 8:05:57 AM
Hi Christian,

Can you tell me what OS you are trying to connect from?

Thanks,

Catharine

Christian_Gregoire wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I compiled and linked my application using Sybase IQ 12 on HPUX 10.20.
> Everything's been OK so far but when i try to connect to a database, i get
> the following error message :
>
> Open Client Message:
> Message number: LAYER = (5) ORIGIN = (3) SEVERITY = (5) NUMBER = (131)
> Message String: ct_init(): network packet layer: internal net library
> error:
> Attempt to load protocol driver failed
>
> Has anyone got a clue of what's going wrong with it ?
>
> Thanks in advance for any advice.
>
> Christian

0
Catharine
3/9/2001 4:58:03 PM
Hi Catharine,

OS is :
HP-UX hpcis B.10.20 A 9000/816
as given by 'uname -a'
but i get the same error on HP-UX 11

To be more precise, the problem arises with the following piece of code :

ct_init(*context, EX_CTLIB_VERSION);

with
CS_CONTEXT **context;

Before that, content handle was successfully retrieved by :

cs_ctx_alloc(EX_CTLIB_VERSION, context);

EX_CTLIB_VERSION is set to CS_VERSION_100

Thanks in advance for your help.

Christian

----------------------

Christian_Gregoire wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I compiled and linked my application using Sybase IQ 12 on HPUX 10.20.
> Everything's been OK so far but when i try to connect to a database, i
get
> the following error message :
>
> Open Client Message:
> Message number: LAYER = (5) ORIGIN = (3) SEVERITY = (5) NUMBER = (131)
> Message String: ct_init(): network packet layer: internal net library
> error:
> Attempt to load protocol driver failed
>
> Has anyone got a clue of what's going wrong with it ?
>
> Thanks in advance for any advice.
>
> Christian
0
Christian_Gregoire

Did you use dsedit to configure a listener for the IQ server?  If so, can you
find the driver that is being used in the /lib subdriectory under the Open
Client directory?  If you look at /config/libtcl.cfg under the Open Client
directory, it should show what driver it will try to load.

Thanks,

Catharine
Christian_Gregoire wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I compiled and linked my application using Sybase IQ 12 on HPUX 10.20.
> Everything's been OK so far but when i try to connect to a database, i get
> the following error message :
>
> Open Client Message:
> Message number: LAYER = (5) ORIGIN = (3) SEVERITY = (5) NUMBER = (131)
> Message String: ct_init(): network packet layer: internal net library
> error:
> Attempt to load protocol driver failed
>
> Has anyone got a clue of what's going wrong with it ?
>
> Thanks in advance for any advice.
>
> Christian

0
Catharine

Christian_Gregoire

my .cfg file wasn't configured. So I did so but i still get the same error
message.
Here is my libtcl.cfg on HP-UX :

[DRIVERS]
/home3/cisoft/sybase12/ociq-12_0/lib/libinsck.sl=tcp MyDriver

[DIRECTORY]
dce=libddce.sl ditbase=/.:/home3/cisoft/sybase12/ociq-12_0/lib

[SECURITY]
dce=libsdce.sl secbase=/.../dsatestcell

I still don't know what to put instead of dsatestcell.

Christian
3/12/2001 11:39:43 AM
Hi Chritian,

Do you have an entry in the interfaces file?  If so, can you send what you
have in there?  Also, whatever driver is configured in the interfaces file,
can you find the file in the /ociq-12/lib directory?

Thanks,

Catharine

Christian Gregoire wrote:

> Hi,
>
> my .cfg file wasn't configured. So I did so but i still get the same error
> message.
> Here is my libtcl.cfg on HP-UX :
>
> [DRIVERS]
> /home3/cisoft/sybase12/ociq-12_0/lib/libinsck.sl=tcp MyDriver
>
> [DIRECTORY]
> dce=libddce.sl ditbase=/.:/home3/cisoft/sybase12/ociq-12_0/lib
>
> [SECURITY]
> dce=libsdce.sl secbase=/.../dsatestcell
>
> I still don't know what to put instead of dsatestcell.
>
> Thanks

0
Catharine

internal net library error
I am uploading bulk of data to sybase adaptiver server using BCP utility. Some times, I am getting failures while BCPing. I get this error message on dos command prompt - "ct_send passthru(): protocol specific layer: internal Client Library error: There is a tds state machine error. An illegal tds token sequence was received. bcp copy in partially failed SYBASE BCP". This error occurs after millions (may be all) the records are copied.I am BCPing one row at a time (!), b'cas if I upload more rows (i.e. 100000) at a time then this error gets frequent. Although, BCP u...

ERROR: ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error: No driver of the requested protocol class is available
Hello! I get the error: ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error: No driver of the requested protocol class is available The client Sybase software we're using is (isql -v) 11.1.1: Sybase CTISQL Utility/11.1.1/P-EBF8058/sun_svr4/SPARC Solaris 2.5.1/1/OPT/Sat Aug 8 02:14:24 1998 The server database is Sybase 11.3.3 Anyone got a clue why I get that error? Thanks, Henrik Henrik Wallentin wrote: > I get the error: > ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error: No driver of > the requested protocol class is av...

ct_send(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Lib protocol driver call to write data failed
The below message log is a series of events happened in a Sybase client. More detail is given below. Please provide your suggestions if you have encountered this before The OS is Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 3 (Taroon Update 5) and Sybase 12.5.1. we also applied latest patches from sybase 09262005 212550 ErrorMsg: (TID3155296384) <Calling eaDatabase client callback function eaSybCtCb> 09262005 212550 ErrorMsg: (TID3155296384) <Client callback is called. Error number is <84083975> Message is <ct_send(): network packet layer: internal net library error:...

[...]

ct_connect(),internal net library error
I have a problem using ASP/SYBASE .... Server : NT4.0 , Sybase Adaptive Server Ent. 11.9 Web Server : IIS 4.0 Dev. Tool : ASP, ODBC Error Messege is ... <---- Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005' [INTERSOLV][ODBC SQL Server driver][SQL Server]ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Library operation terminated due to disconnect -----> In article <xUWH8#wC$GA.284@forums.sybase.com>, uy@sa3000.com says... > > Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005' > >...

win 2000 and TCP entry in syl.ini (ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Lib protocol driver call to connect two endpoints failed)
Hallo, I've get an "ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Lib protocol driver call to connect two endpoints failed" error. I'tried to connect to database (11.9.x) via an entry like: [MyDB] master=TCP,195.178.103.120,11000 query=TCP,195.178.103.120,11000 The Server and the client running on an Windows2000 machine. If I try to connect from another pc it doesn't work, too. If I connect with NLMSNMP it works fine, but I must have an TCP because I am using JConnect! Thanks, Ralf ...

SELECTBLOB and "internal net library error"
Hi, all. I'm using PB6.5 and Sybase SQL Server 11.0.2. Now I encounter a strange thing: when I execute an embeded selectblob statement to retrieve a 4k blob the first time, everything looks ok. But when I do the same thing twice, the sqlca.sqlerrtext property says: ct_close(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Library operation terminated due to disconnect. while sqlca.sqldbcode = 6, and retrieves nothing. If this is PB or SYBASE's fault, can anyone give me a workaround? Best regards. Feng ...

[...]

My problem started after the IP address of the sybase database server was changed. At the time I was connected to the database but once the change was made I lost connection to the server. I recycled my machine and attempted to reconnect after modifying the sql.ini file located in the sybase directory on my PC. I tried connecting via SQL Advantage and also using the command line isql mode but connection to the server was not successful. The error message I receive follows: Client Message: Layer 5, Origin 3, Severity 5, Number 4 ct_connect(): network packet layer: intern...

CT-LIBRARY error: ct_connect(): user api layer: internal Client Library error: Read from the server has timed out.
Hi all, I'm using ASE 11.9.2, and I often getting this timeout message(CT-LIBRARY error: ct_connect(): user api layer: internal Client Library error: Read from the server has timed out.) when I try to log on using isql or sybase central. We are testing with a lot of users and connect to a lot of remote databases using CIS. I can't even log on to shutdown the server. When I issue an netstat -a | grep port number that sybase listening, I get a report like this. datanet1.10032 datanet1.47437 32768 0 32768 0 CLOSE_WAIT datanet1.10032 datanet1.47...

CT-LIBRARY error: ct_connect(): user api layer: internal Client Library error: Read from the server has timed out.
Hi everyone I'm using ASE 11.5.1, and I often getting the following message on the client log file "CT-LIBRARY error: ct_connect(): user api layer: internal Client Library error: Read from the server has timed out." According to client developer, above problem is caused by network problem. However I don't think that. I tried to fix this problem as much as I can, but still occured. Anyone helps would be grateful. Thanks. DHL ...

internal Client Library error: memory allocation failure error
Hi we are selecting some data into temp table say #MyTable and using cursor to process that data from #MyTable in C programme .Ideally we should be able to run multiple instances of that C programme as search criteria for selecting into temp table is diff all the time. but after runnig four instances for fifth instance its giving following error. Other four instances are runnig fine. ERROR: SQL Error :ct_fetch(): protocol specific layer: internal Client Library error: memory allocation failure. SQL Error :ct_cursor(): user api layer: external error: This routine cannot be ...

Web resources about - internal net library error - sybase.iq

Empire of Japan (internal politics 1914–1944) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Since the Meiji period, Japan had been a nominal constitutional monarchy , but the name did not obscure the fact that Japan’s form of government ...

Paris attacks: Immigration Minister Peter Dutton rejects internal call from state MP Andrew Fraser to ...
Peter Dutton shuts down a call from New South Wales MP Andrew Fraser for Australia to stop accepting Middle Eastern refugees.

iPad Pro teardown shows tweaks to internals in Apple’s new larger tablet
... of Apple’s new iPad Pro. The new device features a larger 12.9-inch display, the 3rd generation 64-bit A9X chip, and other upgraded internals, ...

Tomatoes taste good because we slowed down their internal clocks
Domestication accidentally created a plant that thrives in long summer days.

Autoblog Minute: VW finds CO2 'irregularities' after internal investigation
Filed under: Videos , Volkswagen , Emissions , Autoblog Minute The Volkswagen emissions scandal expands in scope, likely including gas cars in ...

New analytics platform helps detect internal attacks
... actions. To provide organizations with additional context and more accuracy to detect malicious attacks, even those that originate internally, ...

Oracle has a crack internal team building a completely new cloud — here's what we know so far
... is apparently in favor with Oracle leadership now, that doesn't mean the old one is slated for the scrap heap — Ellison is known to spur internal ...

Apple employees have a LOT to say about the company's secretive internal culture
... not be responding to this question, nor would I feel wronged for not being able to." Apple makes grammar and punctuation changes in its internal ...

Volkswagen Internal Investigation Finds Carbon Dioxide Emissions Issue With 800,000 Vehicles
With nearly 11 million vehicles worldwide already emitting nearly 40 times the allowable rate of nitrogen oxide , Volkswagen says an internal ...

Tomsula faces stiff question on possibility of 49ers leaks being internal
Skip to main content CSN Bay Area Header links TV Listings Contact App Email Follow Bar RSN login or register Login Search form Search 49° Navigation ...