internal net library error - tds state machine error

I am uploading bulk of data to sybase adaptiver server using
BCP utility. Some times, I am getting failures while BCPing.

I get this error message on dos command prompt -
"ct_send passthru(): protocol specific layer: internal
Client Library error: There is a tds state machine error. An
illegal tds token sequence was received. bcp copy in
partially failed SYBASE BCP". This error occurs after
millions (may be all) the records are copied.I am BCPing one
row at a time (!), b'cas if I upload more rows (i.e. 100000)
at a time then this error gets frequent.

Although, BCP utility (which is configured to collect all
errors in a file) never generted error file. That some time
makes me b'liv that data is successfully copied.

Most of the times when I am getting error in BCP, I am
getting connectivity error in my Embarcadeo DBArtician
saying - ": layer (5) origin (3) severity (5), Number (7)
ct_send() : network packet layer : internal net library
error : Net - Library operation terminated due to
disconnect"

Well, this process is quite long one 7 it runs through whole
night. Some times I had faced network problem - like network
media/cable getting disconnected. Though, not all the time
that has happened.

Where can be the problem ?
a) DB  b) network c) BCP or source data

& What can be the problem ?

Thanks, in ad !!

Regards,
Kedar
0
kedar
1/9/2009 8:05:03 PM
sybase.iq 1656 articles. 1 followers. Follow

> I am uploading bulk of data to sybase adaptiver server
> using BCP utility. Some times, I am getting failures while
> BCPing.
>
> I get this error message on dos command prompt -
> "ct_send passthru(): protocol specific layer: internal
> Client Library error: There is a tds state machine error.
> An illegal tds token sequence was received. bcp copy in
> partially failed SYBASE BCP". This error occurs after
> millions (may be all) the records are copied.I am BCPing
> one row at a time (!), b'cas if I upload more rows (i.e.
> 10000) at a time then this error gets frequent.
> I am sorry, in case of 10000 rows, i used to get differnet
error. Those errors are easy to resolve. They are -
"cs_convert: cslib user api layer: common library error: The
conversion/operation was stopped due to a syntax error in
the source field. @#
#@ Row 1, Column 47: CSLIB Message:  - L0/O0/S0/N24/1/0:
cs_convert: cslib user api layer: common library error: The
conversion/operation was stopped due to a syntax error in
the source field. @#
#@ Row 1: Not transferred @#"

I used to manually insert the rows which were not
inserterd.Fortunately, BCP used to generate error file in
this cases. From there, I can pick up errorneous insert row
& do manual insertions.
--continued
> Although, BCP utility (which is configured to collect all
> errors in a file) never generted error file. That some
> time makes me b'liv that data is successfully copied.
>
> Most of the times when I am getting error in BCP, I am
> getting connectivity error in my Embarcadeo DBArtician
> saying - ": layer (5) origin (3) severity (5), Number (7)
> ct_send() : network packet layer : internal net library
> error : Net - Library operation terminated due to
> disconnect"
>
> Well, this process is quite long one 7 it runs through
> whole night. Some times I had faced network problem - like
> network media/cable getting disconnected. Though, not all
> the time that has happened.
>
> Where can be the problem ?
> a) DB  b) network c) BCP or source data
>
> & What can be the problem ?
>
> Thanks, in ad !!
>
> Regards,
> Kedar
0
kedar

Error, Error and more errors

error error error

errors errors errors..

ERROR: ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error: No driver of the requested protocol class is available
Hello! I get the error: ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error: No driver of the requested protocol class is available The client Sybase software we're using is (isql -v) 11.1.1: Sybase CTISQL Utility/11.1.1/P-EBF8058/sun_svr4/SPARC Solaris 2.5.1/1/OPT/Sat Aug 8 02:14:24 1998 The server database is Sybase 11.3.3 Anyone got a clue why I get that error? Thanks, Henrik Henrik Wallentin wrote: > I get the error: > ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error: No driver of > the requested protocol class is av...

internal net library error
Hi there, I compiled and linked my application using Sybase IQ 12 on HPUX 10.20. Everything's been OK so far but when i try to connect to a database, i get the following error message : Open Client Message: Message number: LAYER = (5) ORIGIN = (3) SEVERITY = (5) NUMBER = (131) Message String: ct_init(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Attempt to load protocol driver failed Has anyone got a clue of what's going wrong with it ? Thanks in advance for any advice. Christian Hi! What version of open client are you using? Karen Christian_G...

CT-LIBRARY error: ct_connect(): user api layer: internal Client Library error: Read from the server has timed out.
Hi all, I'm using ASE 11.9.2, and I often getting this timeout message(CT-LIBRARY error: ct_connect(): user api layer: internal Client Library error: Read from the server has timed out.) when I try to log on using isql or sybase central. We are testing with a lot of users and connect to a lot of remote databases using CIS. I can't even log on to shutdown the server. When I issue an netstat -a | grep port number that sybase listening, I get a report like this. datanet1.10032 datanet1.47437 32768 0 32768 0 CLOSE_WAIT datanet1.10032 datanet1.47...

CT-LIBRARY error: ct_connect(): user api layer: internal Client Library error: Read from the server has timed out.
Hi everyone I'm using ASE 11.5.1, and I often getting the following message on the client log file "CT-LIBRARY error: ct_connect(): user api layer: internal Client Library error: Read from the server has timed out." According to client developer, above problem is caused by network problem. However I don't think that. I tried to fix this problem as much as I can, but still occured. Anyone helps would be grateful. Thanks. DHL ...

Error error error, help me
Hello, How do I populate a drop down list in asp.net from a database? I have a block of vbscript code that does the server side coding for it. My code is as follows.. <script language="vb" runat="server"> Dim objConn As OleDbConnection = New OleDbConnection("Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=c:\data\employee.mdb;") Dim Sql, valEmp As String Dim objDREmp as OleDbDataReader Sub FillEmployeeName(sender As Object, e As System.EventArgs) Sql = "select * from [Employee]" Dim objCommand As Ole...

internal Client Library error: memory allocation failure error
Hi we are selecting some data into temp table say #MyTable and using cursor to process that data from #MyTable in C programme .Ideally we should be able to run multiple instances of that C programme as search criteria for selecting into temp table is diff all the time. but after runnig four instances for fifth instance its giving following error. Other four instances are runnig fine. ERROR: SQL Error :ct_fetch(): protocol specific layer: internal Client Library error: memory allocation failure. SQL Error :ct_cursor(): user api layer: external error: This routine cannot be ...

error error !
Full Message: ERROR{} Additional Information: None Severity: Error Date: November 14, 2007 11:42:35 AM Acknowledged Date: None Source: /Devices/Workstations/b2305dsyldes-58 Message ID: ERROR Probable Cause URL: None Log ID: ac4f2a9dbea6435421f4d9f92db8e971 Related Objects: None What does this means ? Marc-Andre, no idea, maybe a little more background information would help? -- Shaun Pond well, nothing special to say, some DLU policy, 1 remote policy, that's about it.......... Shaun Pond wrote: > Marc-Andre, > > no idea, maybe a little m...

Error or not error?
Hi gurus, hope you can help me with this problem: OS: Solaris 7 ASE: 12.5 I recently got some strange error messages when doing dbcc tablealloc with fix: *************************************************************** TABLE: hence_meaning OBJID = 100192376 INDID=0 FIRST=1817 ROOT=401935 SORT=0 INDID=2 FIRST=2882 ROOT=2881 SORT=1 Table Corrupt: Attempted to get page 330126, object 100192376; got page 0, object 0. Table Corrupt: Attempted to get page 272316, object 100192376; got page 0, object 0. Table Corrupt: Attempted to get page 322961, object 100192376; got p...

error after error
Hello, All I seem to be getting an error I don't quite understand. Can someone point out why I'm geeting this error? The first error states: unquoted string "subroutines" may clash with future reserved word at NPtest.pl line 6. after I quote "subroutines" I get an error that states: syntax error at NPtest.pl line 6, near "require" Execution of NPtest.pl aborted due to compilation errors. Heres the first script: #!/usr/bin/perl # NEWPACKAGE.pl package NEWPACKAGE sub printing1 {print "duh duh duh.\n&quo...

ct_connect(),internal net library error
I have a problem using ASP/SYBASE .... Server : NT4.0 , Sybase Adaptive Server Ent. 11.9 Web Server : IIS 4.0 Dev. Tool : ASP, ODBC Error Messege is ... <---- Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005' [INTERSOLV][ODBC SQL Server driver][SQL Server]ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Library operation terminated due to disconnect -----> In article <xUWH8#wC$GA.284@forums.sybase.com>, uy@sa3000.com says... > > Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005' > >...

ct_send(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Lib protocol driver call to write data failed
The below message log is a series of events happened in a Sybase client. More detail is given below. Please provide your suggestions if you have encountered this before The OS is Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 3 (Taroon Update 5) and Sybase 12.5.1. we also applied latest patches from sybase 09262005 212550 ErrorMsg: (TID3155296384) <Calling eaDatabase client callback function eaSybCtCb> 09262005 212550 ErrorMsg: (TID3155296384) <Client callback is called. Error number is <84083975> Message is <ct_send(): network packet layer: internal net library error:...

ct_send(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Lib protocol driver call to write data failed
The below message log is a series of events happened in a Sybase client. More detail is given below. Please provide your suggestions if you have encountered this before The OS is Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 3 (Taroon Update 5) and Sybase 12.5.1. we also applied latest patches from sybase 09262005 212550 ErrorMsg: (TID3155296384) <Calling eaDatabase client callback function eaSybCtCb> 09262005 212550 ErrorMsg: (TID3155296384) <Client callback is called. Error number is <84083975> Message is <ct_send(): network packet layer: internal net library error:...

Web resources about - internal net library error - tds state machine error - sybase.iq

Internal combustion engine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The internal combustion engine is an engine in which the combustion of a fuel (normally a fossil fuel ) occurs with an oxidizer (usually air) ...

Paris attacks: Immigration Minister Peter Dutton rejects internal call from state MP Andrew Fraser to ...
Peter Dutton shuts down a call from New South Wales MP Andrew Fraser for Australia to stop accepting Middle Eastern refugees.

Early iOS 10 and OS X 10.12 ‘Fuji’ internal testing ramps up ahead of 2016 launches
... systems has picked up significantly in recent weeks, after a slow start between September and October. Sources indicate that the internal codename ...

Amazon VP quotes internal employee reviews to rebut NY Times feature
... been quoted in the original report. Carney divulged work-sensitive information about three of those ex-employees, including quotes from internal ...

Autoblog Minute: VW finds CO2 'irregularities' after internal investigation
Filed under: Videos , Volkswagen , Emissions , Autoblog Minute The Volkswagen emissions scandal expands in scope, likely including gas cars in ...

New analytics platform helps detect internal attacks
... actions. To provide organizations with additional context and more accuracy to detect malicious attacks, even those that originate internally, ...

What Apple employees say about the company's secretive internal corporate culture
... not be responding to this question, nor would I feel wronged for not being able to." Apple makes grammar and punctuation changes in its internal ...

Apple employees have a LOT to say about the company's secretive internal culture
... not be responding to this question, nor would I feel wronged for not being able to." Apple makes grammar and punctuation changes in its internal ...

Walmart Now Has An Internal “Swat Team” To Prevent Embarrassing Costumes From Hitting Shelves
... section of Walmart.com dedicated to “Fat Girl Costumes.” In an effort to pre-empt this sort of embarrassment, the retailer now has an internal ...

Apple could sell an updated iPhone 5s with better internals
... in the works. A new report, however, claims that the device is essentially an “iPhone 5s Mark II,” and even runs through the supposed internal ...