Difference between IQ 11.0,11.1,11.2 and 11.5

PowerDesignor WarehouseArchitect 6.0 does not support IQ 11.2 and  11.5.
Can the .def file for 11.1 can be used as is with 11.2 and 11.5 ? Any
modifications need to be made to the .def file?Is there any patch
available for this?

Thanks
Shashi Kanth
shashi@systemlogic.com

0
shashi
1/20/1998 4:59:29 AM
sybase.iq 1656 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I have never used PowerDesignor WA 6.0 so I'm not sure what a .def file is,
but I hope the following answers your questions.

The are a lot of differences between the various versions of IQ, but each
new version of IQ supports a superset of the previous version's syntax. So
all iq commands found in 11.10 should be supported in 11.20, 11.21, and
11.5

However, Sybase IQ 11.10 does not support numeric data types. This is a big
deal as the other data types don't come close in the accuracy and precision
of numeric data types.

Here is _my_ brief history of Sybase IQ (I haven't gotten confirmation of
these items from any Sybase documentation)

11.10  separate environment for Sybase and IQ
11.2x  Sybase and IQ environments combined; Numeric data types added along
with extra query engine to speed queries and add precision and accuracy
demanded by finance industry; some bug fixes
11.5     Adaptive Server Components added; some more bug fixes

Hope that helps.

ERIC

shashi wrote:

> PowerDesignor WarehouseArchitect 6.0 does not support IQ 11.2 and  11.5.
> Can the .def file for 11.1 can be used as is with 11.2 and 11.5 ? Any
> modifications need to be made to the .def file?Is there any patch
> available for this?
>
> Thanks
> Shashi Kanth
> shashi@systemlogic.com