Select rows from a table based on multiple rows of another table

I am working in a database associated with our scheduling
package and I am trying to select rows in one table based on
multiple rows in another table how ca I do this. Here is an
example.
0
Mike
9/19/2003 2:34:25 AM
sybase.infomaker.general 4461 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Select rows from a table based on multiple rows of another table #2
I am working in a database associated with our scheduling package and I am trying to select rows in one table based on multiple rows in another table how ca I do this. Here is an example. Sorry technical problems! I am working in a database associated with our scheduling package and I am trying to select rows in one table based on multiple rows in another table how ca I do this. Here is an example. I have a table which holds all of my project info and I have another table which holds discriptive project codes like project type, project category, progect life cycle.So in the pro...

Select rows from a table based on multiple rows of another table #3
I am working in a database associated with our scheduling package and I am trying to select rows in one table based on multiple rows in another table how ca I do this. Here is an example. ...

Select rows from a table based on multiple rows of another table #4
I am working in a database associated with our scheduling package and I am trying to select rows in one table based on multiple rows in another table how ca I do this. Here is an example. ...

Deleting rows from one table based upon rows in another table
I need to delete rows from table1 based on rows in table2. table1 has 1.5 million rows from which I need to delete 20,000 existing in table2. The table structures are the same and I must exactly match 10 (of the 15) columns in the tables. I also need to limit the number of rows being worked on, in a single transaction, to 500 or so. Hi Mike, try the following: set rowcount 500 DELETE table1 from table1 t1,table2 t2 where t1.col1=t2.col1 and t1.col2=t2.col2 and t1.col3=t2.col3 and ........ t1.col10=t2.col10 HTH. Regards P:S You must re-execute the DML statement above 40 time...

I want to select top 3 rows except the first from 4 rows of a Table. It should select from top 2 row,top3 row and top4 row.
 Hi, Let say I've 4 rows in a table. I want to select top 3 rows except the first from 4 rows of a Table. It should select from top 2 row,top3 row and top4 row. Thanks in advance Asghar Ali Mohammed http://www.aliwebdev.com(Web Designer and Developer)Do not forget to "MARK AS ANSWER" on the post that helped you. If you can use Linq, you can use Skip. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/vcsharp/aa336757.aspxThanks, EdMicrosoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET Hii dear..U can fire the Query select Top(3) from Table1 order by id desc.. "A conclusion is whe...

Stored Procedure that fetch each row of a table and update rows in another table
I am working with the following two tables: Category(NewID,OldID) Link(CategoryID,BusinessID) All fields are of Integer Type. I need to write a stored procedure in sql 2000 which works as follows: Select all the NewID and OldID from the Category Table (SELECT NewID,OldID FROM Category) Then for each rows fetched from last query, execute a update query in the Link table. For Example, Let @NID be the NewID for each rows and @OID be the OldID for each rows. Then the query for each row should be.. UPDATE Link SET CategoryID=@CID WHERE CategoryID=@OID Please help me ...

Insert multiple rows to table based on values from other 2 tables.
I have a form to assign JOB SITES to previously created PROJECT.  The  JOB SITES appear in the DataList as it varies based on customer. It can be 3 to 50 JOB SITES per PROJECT. I have "PROJECT" table with all necessary fields for project information and "JOBSITES" table for job sites. I also created a new table called "PROJECTSITES"  which has only 2 columns:  "ProjectId" and "SiteId". What I am trying to do is to insert multiple rows into that "PROJECTSITES" table based on which checkbox was checked.  The...

Stored Procedure
I wish to select all post from Table Category and the first row in Product table. SQL goes (not working just to show you how im thinking): SELECT Category.CategoryID, Category.Title, TOP (1) Product.ImagePath, TOP (1)  Product.CategoryID FROM Category INNER JOIN Product ON Category.CategoryID = Product.CategoryID GROUP BY Category.CategoryID, Category.Title Thanks for your help!  SELECT Category.CategoryID, Category.Title, Product.ImagePath,   Product.CategoryID FROM Category crossJOIN (select top 1 * from  Product ) PGive a man a fish and you feed him for ...

Update row in Table A from row in Table B
Hello, I have 2 tables.... table A and table B. Ok, In a stored procedure, I pass in an int value @ID I want to get the row from Table B WHERE ID =@ID....and then UPDATE the Row in Table A that has the same ID...with the values from table B. Table A ID | Col1 | Col2 ----------------------- 2 a a Table B ID | Col1 | Col2 ----------------------- 2 b b I would like to update A.Col1 with B.Col1 and A.Col2 with B.Col2 Can someone help me out with this syntax? Thanks a lot. update tableA ...

Update a rows in one table for each row in other table
Hello all, i am a newbie in SQL and i want to ask for your help in order to do the following update statement. I have a table tblUsers which holds all the users, one of the fields in their GroupId. In the UserGroup table i have a field "UsersCount" and in that field i want to keep the number of the users in that group. Basically i want everytime i am saving a user to recalculate the users in all usergroups. I am trying to have something like:SELECT User_GroupId, count(User_GroupId) as UsersCount FROM tblUsersWHERE DeletedFlag = 0 GROUP BY User_GroupId and then:"FOR EACH" User_GroupIdUPDAT...

Add row to table with table.row.add()
Everytime I click on a button I want to add a tableRow to a table like this:        TextBox TB = new TextBox();                TableCell Cell = new TableCell();        Cell.Controls.Add(TB);        TableRow Row = new TableRow();        Row.Cells.Add(Cell);        table.Rows.Add(Row);It works the first time, but when I click the button again the last r...

How to select data from a table and insert the selected data in the same table as new row
Hi    I have a table called Version and its attributes are Version_ID, Project_ID , Hospital_ ID , Date_Created and comments. I want to select the data by Version_ID,Project_ID and  Hospital_ID and the selected data is inserted in the same table(Version) as new row . Table: Version (Version_ID(Primary_key), Project_ID(Foreign_Key),Hospital_ID(Foreign_Key),Date_Created,Comments).  Iam using Visual Web Developer Express 2005 and SQL Server 2005. Iam doing on asp.net 2.0. Could anyone please send me the code in asp.net 2.0 for the above problem. ...

Showing table columns from multiple tables in Formview, but insert/update/delete rows of Master table
I have a page on which I have GridView and FomView control. On selection of a row in GridView the row gets displayed in the Item template of the FormVIew. The values are the result of inner join from multiple tables i.e. table Stock,Product and Workshop.  Please let me know how I could insert/update/delete data for the base table i.e. Stock table, but be able to see the column values from the associated tables on the Itemtemplate,Edittemplate and Inserttemplate of the FormView. Thanks,Anita Hi:   Take a look at this tutorial. It's for DetailsView and same ...

How to change the Rows of the one table to another table
I want's to change the layout of my table at run time on the basis of some of my Setting File[I don't want's to use webpart orwebzones]Suppose I have three Tables with number of rows.[In reality Each row will contain some controls]On Page_Preinit I want's to set the rows of one table to another also want's to change order of the rows.How Can I do that ?  <%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="Default.aspx.cs" Inherits="_Default" %> <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional/...

Web resources about - Select rows from a table based on multiple rows of another table - sybase.infomaker.general

Multiple sequence alignment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A multiple sequence alignment (MSA) is a sequence alignment of three or more biological sequences , generally protein , DNA , or RNA . In many ...

Man charged with murder of 21yo found on road in Tewantin with multiple stab wounds
Police charge a man with the murder of a 21-year-old man found lying on a road with multiple stab wounds to his chest.

Multiple shots fired at Atlanta mall - abc13.com
Multiple shots were fired Saturday evening in a suburban Atlanta mall, prompting a frantic rush by shoppers to evacuate.

Nigeria: Over 70 Feared Killed in Borno, Adamawa Multiple Blasts
More than 70 people were feared killed in multiple bomb attacks believed to have been carried out by Boko Haram militants and their agents in ...

Facebook is testing multiple topic-based News Feeds for mobile devices
... the information you want to see at the appropriate times. According to the screenshots taken by Jason Stein, Facebook looks to be testing multiple, ...

Munich Police: Islamic State Planned New Year’s Eve Attack with Multiple Suicide Bombers
Munich police warned of a “serious, imminent threat” by Islamic State group suicide bombers wanting to commit an attack on New Year’s Eve.

An insanely high percentage of people — about 42% — are seeing "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" multiple ...
With the enormous box office sales "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" is generating, it's a good bet that many people are going back numerous times ...

Miami teen shot multiple times at grandma's home
The victim reportedly remains in the hospital as police continue to search for the suspect

Gov. Jerry Brown pardoned Robert Downey Jr. for his multiple crimes in the ’90s
I’m old enough to remember when Robert Downey Jr. was an utter mess. Back in the ‘90s, I lost count of how many times he was arrested, how many ...

Gas tank explodes at plant in Nigeria; multiple fatalities reported
CNN Gas tank explodes at plant in Nigeria; multiple fatalities reported CNN Kano, Nigeria (CNN) An industrial gas tank exploded in southern ...