Print Report to Text File

Product: Infomaker 5.0 on WIN NT 4.0

I created a report joining two large tables and computed fields. I use SQL
Select/Tabular format to create the reports. This is a very large report. I
would like to ditribute this report as ASCI text file.

Only option available to save this file as *.PRN. When I use the option
save Row as file text I lose all the  computed fields.

I want users to further analyse this report. How can I save this file as
Text file with computed fields.
Thank you for your assistance in this matter.

Raj.G.

rajg@shaw.wave.ca
0
Raj
4/5/1998 3:34:10 PM
sybase.infomaker.general 4461 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Saveas HTML and then in your browser save as text.
Or you can try to define a text printer that in actual fact saves to a text
file and use this printer to 'print' the file.  I'm not sure if this is
possible on NT though.
--
Terry Dykstra [TeamPS]
Canadian Forest Oil Ltd.

Raj.G <rajg@shaw.wave.ca> wrote in article
<01bd60ba$2d7ea520$53984018@rgws02.wave.shaw.ca>...
> Product: Infomaker 5.0 on WIN NT 4.0
>
> I created a report joining two large tables and computed fields. I use
SQL
> Select/Tabular format to create the reports. This is a very large report.
> would like to ditribute this report as ASCI text file.
>
> Only option available to save this file as *.PRN. When I use the option
> save Row as file text I lose all the  computed fields.
>
> I want users to further analyse this report. How can I save this file as
> Text file with computed fields.
> Thank you for your assistance in this matter.
>
> Raj.G.
>
> rajg@shaw.wave.ca

0
Terry
4/7/1998 4:47:13 PM
To be able to save the report to a text file and have it include the
computed fields, add the computed fields as "computed columns" from the SQL
painter.  Click the Compute tab, and enter the expression there.  Whenever
you save an InfoMaker report output to a file (besides HTML, I think), it
looks at the SQL select statement for the order of the columns, sort, and
filter, computes, etc., and does not care what you have done on the the
Design window.

Rick Marden
Primavera Systems, Inc.

Terry Dykstra [TeamPS] wrote in message
<01bd624e$15304ce0$3301020a@tdykstra>...
>Saveas HTML and then in your browser save as text.
>Or you can try to define a text printer that in actual fact saves to a text
>file and use this printer to 'print' the file.  I'm not sure if this is
>possible on NT though.
>--
>Terry Dykstra [TeamPS]
>Canadian Forest Oil Ltd.
>
>Raj.G <rajg@shaw.wave.ca> wrote in article
><01bd60ba$2d7ea520$53984018@rgws02.wave.shaw.ca>...
>> Product: Infomaker 5.0 on WIN NT 4.0
>>
>> I created a report joining two large tables and computed fields. I use
>SQL
>> Select/Tabular format to create the reports. This is a very large report.
>> would like to ditribute this report as ASCI text file.
>>
>> Only option available to save this file as *.PRN. When I use the option
>> save Row as file text I lose all the  computed fields.
>>
>> I want users to further analyse this report. How can I save this file as
>> Text file with computed fields.
>> Thank you for your assistance in this matter.
>>
>> Raj.G.
>>
>> rajg@shaw.wave.ca

0
Rick

PD10 Report: How to print embedded file text?
I have created some procedures as embedded file objects in a PDM model and want to print the procedures as part of the database definition using the Report Writer. However, I can only print the description or annotation information and not the text of the embedded file. How to I print the text of the embedded file in a report? Thanks, John What exact version and build of PD10 do you have? Maintenance applied? What format is the procedure file? Is it Word? Excel? Is the procedure information tied to specific objects in the model, or is it about the entire model? If the lat...

Help! Printing datawindow (reports) to a text file
I am documenting a system developed in PB5. (No they haven't migrated to 6 or 7 yet). I need to include images of reports (datawindows) that are too wide to fit on a single screen in the document. This has caused me to have to do multiple screen captures for a single report and piece them together. Does anyone know how I can get a datawindow report to print to a text file? Not just the rows, but the header band, summary band, groups, everything. Essentially I want to dump the screen image (viewable at the time and not viewable at the time) to a text file for editing. I know I...

Searching text file and printing to new file
I'm a nearly absolute beginner to Perl, and a lot of the text manipulation things confuse me. I have a large text file with information essentially broken into lines like this: findable text with a regexp information I care about more findable text There are plenty of sections like this in the file. How can I write a program that opens the file then searches for the middle line and prints it to a new file? PlagueMagazine@gmail.com wrote: > I'm a nearly absolute beginner to Perl, Then this site ought to be useful: http://learn.perl.org/ > and a lot of the te...

If I have a.doc file with text, can I print the text?
Is there any Class/Method in asp.net with which I can print the text of a doc file? Another question: I ahev a populated gridview or a datalist and I want to copy it to a file which I have just created. I tried the StreamWriter like: StreamWriter sw=new StreamWriter(FileName); sw.Write(DataList1);   Well I didn't expect it to work, but do you have any ideas how can I copy the whole datalist to the file via codebehind?    Thanks You cannot print the text of a .doc file just like that with the built in asp features. You can either use the Office Com...

Quick Report print overlapping lines when printing RTF text
Hi! I'm using: - Delphi 6 - QuickReport 3.5.1 Professional I noticed that the QuickReport impressions made with large amounts of RTF text were taking too long between the pages. The result appear ok, but after a test generating PDF and XPS, I noticed the QuickReport was overlapping lines when printing RTF (large amount of) text. Example: - When selecting 1 paragraph in XPS built file, copy, and paste in notepad, gives me 5 copies of the text. To print 25 pages of text, It took more than 3 minutes on a LaserJet Printer. I concluded the slow printing is result of sending larg...

convert crystal reports to text file(i.e .txt file)
 I have the problem to convert crystal reports to text file(i.e .txt file).Pls help in this one....

Print and print preview file on the website without using the File
Hi everyone, Is there any source code or help I can use to print and print preview my file on the IE and print the file using my own command instead of using the IE Print command. Please do reply me. Your help is greatly appreciated. Best regards....

How to print dynamic text (with line wrapping) that's not from a text file?
Hi everyone, Being a newbie to .NET, I've seen several examples (especially on MSDN) on printing regular text. However, it all assumes the text is in a text file and fits on a line. I have an application that needs to print textual output on the fly, complete with line wrapping. The output could be one line, or many lines, and have both vbtab and vbcrlf characters. The text is not from a text file and not from another control like a textbox. How is this possible? Can any gurus point me to good examples? Thanks!...

Printing text files
Any ideas on the best way to print a text file from a PowerBuilder 7 application would be much appreciated. Do I really need to open it up in notepad, copy the text to a word document, then print? Cheers Garry Garry wrote: > Any ideas on the best way to print a text file from a PowerBuilder 7 > application would be much appreciated. The first that comes to mind: WinExec('notepad /p "your_file_name.txt"', SW_HIDE) Dmitri. Best? What's your criteria? There's probably a couple ways to do it within PB, if your criteria includes m...

Print text or file
Hi, May I know what's the function to print an external file (ie. abc.doc) or a list of text on powerbuilder coding?? Can I have the sample codes to help me on this issue. Thanks. Depends on what you are printing text file: run('copy c:\myfile.txt lpt1') or use FileCopy String variable: FileOpen ('LPT1') FileWrite(ls_text) FileClose Word document you probably want to use OLE to open and print with Word <lenniegpl@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1194925151.225395.3530@e9g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > May I know what's the ...

printing text file
what command to use in PB to print a text file? Hi MaLai uhhh...print()? You have to read the textfile into i.e. an mle. Then, open a printjob using printopen, mle.print(job), and printclose to close the job. HTH -- - Eric Aling [TeamPS], Cypres Informatisering bv, The Netherlands Eric's Home & PB Site @ http://utopia.knoware.nl/users/cypr115 MaLai <MaLai@hotmail.com> wrote in message FOsHM74F#GA.159@forums.powersoft.com... >what command to use in PB to print a text file? > > In one word -- ShellExecuteA. If you need a code sample, check ...

Parse text file to import into xml or mdb file, for crystal report generation.
HI! I have a txt file that looks like this: **START TRANSACTIONClerk Number=    2Clerk Initials=BABComment=Vendor Number=2    Vendor Code=OFFICESUPPVendor Name=******Vendor Phone=***Vendor Mailing City/State/Zip=Jackson, WY  90802                  Vendor Phone #2=Vendor Shipping Address=     Vendor Shipping City=        Vendor Shipping State=Vendor Shipping Zip= Payment Loop - Name=Check     &...

Infomaker and report printing
Hi Sybase Team.... The Customer has a problem when print report where the column length is too large, i.e. the row length resulted is larger than the page width. Then the finally report printing result in header move down from top of page, the header appear moved in result and finally printed page. � is this normal ? Infomaker 6.0 Windows95 PID TSE A page header should never move down. Did you set the autoseize height on the column an detail band? Have you tried using a different (fixed) font? -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Canadian Forest O...

Printing a text file
Hi list, Does anyone know how to print out a text file to a printer? i would like the option of chosing a printer to send the document to, in addition, will I need to reformat the text, or will it print out the text file as is? Thanx Ben __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Check out Yahoo! Shopping and Yahoo! Auctions for all of your unique holiday gifts! Buy at http://shopping.yahoo.com or bid at http://auctions.yahoo.com Ben Crane wrote: > > Hi list, > > Does anyone know how to print out a text file to a > printer? i wou...

Web resources about - Print Report to Text File - sybase.infomaker.general

Latest Marketing, Tech, Social Media, and Blog Marketing Finds - The Friday Traffic Report
The Friday Traffic Report Home Blog Subscribe! About Jack and Jim Website Promotion Social, Tech, Marketing News Subscribe Now Latest Marketing, ...

Mile High Report - For Denver Broncos Fans
MileHighReport(MHR) is the ultimate independent resource for the Denver Broncos on the web. Along with MHR Radio, the official podcast of MHR, ...

the rajam report
… I kept having trouble with understanding what “mode” I was in, for lack of a better term. Specifically, it was weird that “glances” could only ...

Rasmussen Reports™: The Most Comprehensive Public Opinion Data Anywhere
Rasmussen Reports - The best place to look for polls that are spot on

Insider Trading Report - Institutional Ownership & Insider Trades
Crude Futures Break Below $60, Supply Glut, Weak Demand... Asia Continues to Rally, India Shines, China...

Wikipedia:Wikipedia Signpost/2012-06-04/Special report - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Twenty female Wikimedia editors from around the world gathered at the National University of La Plata in Buenos Aires, Argentina, from 23–25 ...

Department Of Justice Reports On Another Busy Year Of False Claims Act Activity
In Fiscal Year 2015, the Department of Justice raked in $3.6 billion in settlements and judgments from civil actions filed under the False Claims ...

Utah vs. Duke: Live Score, Highlights and Reaction - Bleacher Report
Latest: It's over! Utah hangs on to upset Duke by a score of 77-75....

Report: Target Is Considering Its Own Mobile Wallet App
... might be hopping on the bandwagon with its own mobile wallet. Any bets on whether it’ll be called “Target Pay”? According to a new report from ...