Date entered...add time value to make date/time field

Windows XP Professional
InfoMaker v 9.0.2 Build 7509

Our database contains a date/time stamp for when a specific activity
happens to each shipment.  I would like the users to be able to simply
enter a date for a specific work day.  I need to get a list of shipments
where the time of one activity occurred on the entered date prior to
9:20.  How can I create a computed field that will basically
concatenate/amend the entered date with 9:20 that will later be used for
criteria in returning rows?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

Rita Palazzi
Senior Engineer / Global Trade Services
FedEx Express

0
Rita
11/8/2004 4:17:32 PM
sybase.infomaker.general 4461 articles. 0 followers. Follow

You could try using CONVERT() or CAST() (or whatever variant
of these your DB supports). A simple version would require
the user enter a string (rather than a date), and the SQL
would be:
:YourArg = Convert(Char(10),103,Your_Date_Column)
I may have the second and third arguments reversed. This
would work in SQL Server (and use a european date mask), but
the function or syntax is probably different for other DBs.
If it's an issue, you could convert your string back to a
date.
Hope this is of some help.
Or

> Windows XP Professional
> InfoMaker v 9.0.2 Build 7509
>

> Our database contains a date/time stamp for when a
> specific activity  happens to each shipment.  I would like
> the users to be able to simply  enter a date for a
> specific work day.  I need to get a list of shipments
> where the time of one activity occurred on the entered
> date prior to  9:20.  How can I create a computed field
> that will basically  concatenate/amend the entered date
> with 9:20 that will later be used for  criteria in
> returning rows?
>
> Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!
>
> Rita Palazzi
> Senior Engineer / Global Trade Services
> FedEx Express

0
Or

date/time or date and time
I am setting up an SQL database and I will need to get differences in dates. For example I have a start date, start time, completion date and completion time and I want to get the difference between the start and completion. Would it be better to have one field with both date and time in it, or better to have a date field and a time field? Even though I have already started setting up the tables with seperate fields for date and time I am now leaning toward one field with date/time in it. (Only because that is the way I had to do it when setting up an Excel spreadsheet for a similar ta...

just Time or date portion of a date/time field

just Time or date portion of date/time field: SOMEBODY PLS
Good Day, From a DateTime data column how do I get just a Time portin or just a date portion of data to be displayed. i.e from 11/6/2003 10:03:20 AM I need to display date and time seperately in my data display page. Thanks Regards, When you pull in a SQL datetime column value into your .NET code, it is usually cast to a .NET DateTime type... something like this: System.DateTime TheDateAndTime = (System.DateTime)someDataReader["MySQLDateColumn"] Then you can use a variety of .NET methods included in the DateTime class to convert to a strin...

remove time part from a date/time field value
How does one remove or avoid the time part from a date/time field value. For example store 12/12/2006 instead of 12/12/2006 12:00:00 Am --------------------------------------------------No Project Too Eazy.-------------------------------------------------- You can use one of the appropriate Standard DateTime Format Strings such as d or D.Darrell Norton, MVPDarrell Norton's BlogPlease mark this post as answered if it helped you! You should be able to use DateTime dt = DateTime.Now dt.ToString("d")  //this will format as short date time FYI: If you want to do it at the query ...

DATE field to DATE/TIME
Hello, If the field is defined as a DATE and you do: select datefield+1 from mytable Does the ODBC API (actually ASA 9.02 backend) return a field that is DATETIME or a DATE field? It is messing up my compiled application and seems to be coming back as DATETIME. Thank you. -Robert You are correct, the value is being returned as a TIMESTAMP. You can verify this through using the EXPRTYPE() builtin function, as in select exprtype('select datefield+1 from mytable', 1) from dummy which will return TIMESTAMP. Exprtype is documented in the help. You alm...

java date time and utc date time
hi i have a client written in delphi the backend is written in java (webservice) when fetching a date field from the db, through java to delphi (TXSDateTime class), for some reason the date changes. in the db: 30/07/2009 00:00:00 in delphi: xsdatetime.asdatetime = 29/07/2009 23:00:00 (1 hour before) in delphi xsdatetime.asutcdatetime = 29/07/2009 21:00:00 (3 hours before) i guess it's a matter of timezones but all we want is simply to fetch the same date as it appears in the DB what are we missing? thanks amos szust wrote: > hi > > i have a client written in d...

Date field showing date and time
Hey all, I have a datagrid that gets a date but shows the time as well. How do I show only the date? In the database only the date shows up. Thanks in advance, Rodney Hi Rodney, This is a very good date and time formatting article. http://datawebcontrols.com/faqs/CustomizingAppearance/FormatDateTimeData.shtml Hope this helps U. Thanks!Regards, Dj Dev Here's how I do it: <asp:TemplateColumn HeaderText="Required Date"> <ItemTemplate> <%# DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "ReqDate", "{0:MM/dd/yyyy}") %&...

Update Only the Time in a date time field
Hi,i have a table having a datatime field and on a datagrid I need only to display and update the time part. I'm using select CONVERT(CHAR(8), JobStartTime, 8) AS StartTime from table to get the date. What is  the best way to write the update command . What woul dbe the best approch.   Regards, Vijay  1. Instate of doing formatting in the SQL, Try to do that is the DataGrid with FormatString. 2. To Update the Database , you can do that in two ways.    a. Either go for Store Procudure. Send the TIME you want to set for record. Your SP should some ...

Missing date in time/date field
Hi, I noticed that some postings (including mine) don't show the date, just the time of sending the message. What setting do I need to change to enable this? MegaMad - Leo MegaMad wrote: > Hi, > > I noticed that some postings (including mine) don't show the date, just > the time of sending the message. > > What setting do I need to change to enable this? > > MegaMad - Leo Any post sent today will only show the time, those same posts will show the date and time tomorrow. -- Brian .. http://www.mozilla.org .. http://ilias.c...

hide time in date/time field
hi. i have code : objConnection = New OleDbConnection("Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; Data Source=c:\database\tfasim.mdb;")   if rblLTorGT.SelectedValue = "Id" then      strSQLQuery = "SELECT Date_T as  [date] ,name FROM table " & _     ORDER BY " & ddlSortBy.SelectedItem.Value.ToString() & ddlSortOrder.SelectedItem.Value.ToString()   objCommand = New OleDbCommand(strSQLQuery, objConnection)   objConnection.Open()    objData...

Update field field value at specified date and time....
I am doing one project in that...... after login user set one date and time...........it will store in one sql table.......... now user logout from the page also website ..... but now i want to update one field value to 1 but on specified date and time which was entered by user so many days ago..... Please help....... i know the code to update sql table but where to write that code(fire on that particular date and time) and  that i dont know..........Mayursinh B Rana9898010015Marking a Reply as 'Answered', not only GAIN us some POINTS, but it also HELP others ...

Date / Time Field
PB 7.0.3 I have an application that records patient encounters, treatments and referrals for an Emergency Department within a hospital. Each encounter records time to nurse and time to physician - these fields are of datetime format. This application is for statistical purposes only and therefore is not real time (unit clerks key in the necessary data throughout the day). Here is a senerio... Patient A enters the ED and the date / time of encounter is recorded. The date and time that the triage nurse first assesses the patient is recorded (time to nurse) The date and time that th...

Date Time field return just time
 Hi, I have a data/time field in access which is queried using a datasource linked to a check box list, the field contains only hh:mm but is returning dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm, does anyone know how to just return hh:mm? Thanks  Hi, It will return complete date and timestamp so if you want the same to be displayed in hh:mm format then while qerying you will need to format the feild if you want it in hh:mm.  ThanksAshishhttp://itsmeashish.blogspot.com...

Inserting Date into Access Date/Time Field
Everytime i capture a date from an asp:dropdownlist and try to insert it into an access date/time field i keep getting a Data type mismatch in criteria expression error (0x80040e07). is there a way i need to format the data before inserting? Any help would be ace!1 using System; 2 using System.Data; 3 using System.Data.OleDb; 4 using System.Configuration; 5 using System.Web; 6 using System.Web.Security; 7 using System.Web.UI; 8 using System.Web.UI.WebControls; 9 using System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts; 10 using System.Web.UI.HtmlControls; 11 12 ...

Web resources about - Date entered...add time value to make date/time field - sybase.infomaker.general

ALIEN ANT FARM has entered Groovemaster Studios in Chicago, IL to begin work on their fourth album
ALIEN ANT FARM ENTERS CHICAGO RECORDING STUDIO TO BEGIN WORK ON FOURTH ALBUM July 11, 2012 ALIEN ANT FARM (@alienantfarm) has entered Groovemaster ...

Raw: Israel Downs Drone That Entered Airspace - YouTube
Israeli jets scrambled to intercept a drone that crossed into Israeli airspace Saturday from the Mediterranean Sea, bringing it down without ...

The UAE women who have entered the male-dominated world of restaurant kitchens
If women reign in home kitchens, why are so few of them ruling restaurant kitchens?

Ukraine says Russian tanks and troops have entered the country's east
Ceasefire in tatters as Ukraine accuses Russia of sending a military column to support pro-Russian separatists fighting government forces.

Paris climate talks: Ministers should remember why they entered politics
Federal cabinet will soon determine Australia's emissions reduction targets beyond 2020.

Ukraine President Petro Poroshenko says Russian forces have entered the country
Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko said Russian forces had entered his country and the military conflict was worsening.

'We have just entered Act II of the drama'
'We have just entered Act II of the drama'

Powerful portrait entered into Archies - The Courier
A powerful portrait of clergy sexual abuse survivor David Ridsdale has been entered in the prestigious Archibald Prize.

Roger Rogerson claims Jamie Gao was dead before he entered storage unit
... detective Roger Rogerson will argue the Sydney university student he is accused of murdering was dead before the former cop had even entered ...

Key recording in Rob Ford libel trial to be entered Friday
An audio recording that will be key to a $6-million libel trial involving Toronto Mayor Rob Ford will be entered into evidence on Friday.