Runtime error calling method in object

--------------8E6E8A9B96C9A37BD2C9F5F8

I have an html form that accepts a user id and password.  When the user
submits these values my DPB server connects to a database to verify they
are valid users and then creates a random session number and returns
some dynamic html back to the browser.  The user can continue on and
everything is great.  The problem I am finding is that if the user goes
back to the first page and submits a login again they recieve an error
returned from the CGI script as follows: "Error:  Runtime error calling
method "method_name" in object "object_name" .  This seems to happen
whenever more that one request to the function is made.  If a second
seperate user attempts to login then the too will recieve this error
message.  The only way I can clear this message is to shut down the
server application and bring it back up, except then only one call can
be made to this one function and then it starts again.  Once the user
gets passed this function they can do whatever they want (within the
program's limits) and not have any problems with function calling.
     This function connects to an Oracle db using two arguments passed
by the form, then disconnects  and the transaction object is destroyed
manually before sending back dhtml.

Any ideas would be great.
Thank You,
Chris J. Frattinger
chris_frattinger@vpaf.unr.edu

--------------8E6E8A9B96C9A37BD2C9F5F8

<HTML>
I have an html form that accepts a user id and password.&nbsp; When the
user submits these values my DPB server connects to a database to verify
they are valid users and then creates a random session number and returns
some dynamic html back to the browser.&nbsp; The user can continue on and
everything is great.&nbsp; The problem I am finding is that if the user
goes back to the first page and submits a login again they recieve an error
returned from the CGI script as follows: "Error:&nbsp; Runtime error calling
method "method_name" in object "object_name" .&nbsp; This seems to happen
whenever more that one request to the function is made.&nbsp; If a second
seperate user attempts to login then the too will recieve this error message.&nbsp;
The only way I can clear this message is to shut down the server application
and bring it back up, except then only one call can be made to this one
function and then it starts again.&nbsp; Once the user gets passed this
function they can do whatever they want (within the program's limits) and
not have any problems with function calling.
<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; This function connects to an Oracle db using
two arguments passed by the form, then disconnects&nbsp; and the transaction
object is destroyed manually before sending back dhtml.

<P>Any ideas would be great.
<BR>Thank You,
<BR>Chris J. Frattinger
<BR><A HREF="mailto:chris_frattinger@vpaf.unr.edu">chris_frattinger@vpaf.unr.edu</A></HTML>

--------------8E6E8A9B96C9A37BD2C9F5F8--

0
Chris
6/8/1998 9:48:20 PM
sybase.inet-dev-toolkit 730 articles. 0 followers. Follow

--------------3BE41AF4B1E2E4D33D620545

I found the source of my problem.  For those reading out there...do not
autoinstaniate a shared object.  I was executing a SharedObjectGet() to
my registered shared object which was marked as "autoinstantiate".  That
was causing the CGI return error as well as other odd program errors
that had to do with functionality coded in the shared object.

Chris J. Frattinger wrote:

>  I have an html form that accepts a user id and password.  When the
> user submits these values my DPB server connects to a database to
> verify they are valid users and then creates a random session number
> and returns some dynamic html back to the browser.  The user can
> continue on and everything is great.  The problem I am finding is that
> if the user goes back to the first page and submits a login again they
> recieve an error returned from the CGI script as follows: "Error:
> Runtime error calling method "method_name" in object "object_name" .
> This seems to happen whenever more that one request to the function is
> made.  If a second seperate user attempts to login then the too will
> recieve this error message.  The only way I can clear this message is
> to shut down the server application and bring it back up, except then
> only one call can be made to this one function and then it starts
> again.  Once the user gets passed this function they can do whatever
> they want (within the program's limits) and not have any problems with
> function calling.
>      This function connects to an Oracle db using two arguments passed
> by the form, then disconnects  and the transaction object is destroyed
> manually before sending back dhtml.
>
> Any ideas would be great.
> Thank You,
> Chris J. Frattinger
> chris_frattinger@vpaf.unr.edu

--------------3BE41AF4B1E2E4D33D620545

<HTML>
I found the source of my problem.&nbsp; For those reading out there...do
not autoinstaniate a shared object.&nbsp; I was executing a SharedObjectGet()
to my registered shared object which was marked as "autoinstantiate".&nbsp;
That was causing the CGI return error as well as other odd program errors
that had to do with functionality coded in the shared object.

<P>Chris J. Frattinger wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>&nbsp;I have an html form that accepts a user id
and password.&nbsp; When the user submits these values my DPB server connects
to a database to verify they are valid users and then creates a random
session number and returns some dynamic html back to the browser.&nbsp;
The user can continue on and everything is great.&nbsp; The problem I am
finding is that if the user goes back to the first page and submits a login
again they recieve an error returned from the CGI script as follows: "Error:&nbsp;
Runtime error calling method "method_name" in object "object_name" .&nbsp;
This seems to happen whenever more that one request to the function is
made.&nbsp; If a second seperate user attempts to login then the too will
recieve this error message.&nbsp; The only way I can clear this message
is to shut down the server application and bring it back up, except then
only one call can be made to this one function and then it starts again.&nbsp;
Once the user gets passed this function they can do whatever they want
(within the program's limits) and not have any problems with function calling.
<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; This function connects to an Oracle db using
two arguments passed by the form, then disconnects&nbsp; and the transaction
object is destroyed manually before sending back dhtml.

<P>Any ideas would be great.
<BR>Thank You,
<BR>Chris J. Frattinger
<BR><A HREF="mailto:chris_frattinger@vpaf.unr.edu">chris_frattinger@vpaf.unr.edu</A></BLOCKQUOTE>
&nbsp;</HTML>

--------------3BE41AF4B1E2E4D33D620545--

0
Chris

'Invalid object for method' error calling jaguar component method
I am attempting to call a jaguar component method that has an string argument defined as INOUT. The component has been created in PowerBuilder where the argument is passed by reference. I am able to call the java.CreateComponent successfully but when the component method is called the following error is generated in my browser: Invalid object for method doSomething near line 34 in "/test.htm" Here is the code segment from my server script in the test.htm page: <% .... test = java.CreateComponent("fts/test", "iiop://localhost:9000", "jagadmin...

Getting Error :This method cannot be called until the send method has been called.
Hi, I am facing one tentative error when I am trying to call a page using "XMLHTTP" object. Error description is: This method cannot be called until the send method has been called. Following is the code snippet: Set objHTTP = Server.CreateObject("MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP.4.0") Call objHTTP.Open("GET", GetHTTP, False) Most of the time, above code is working properly, but some time (I don’t know why) above error occurred. Can any one help me in this regard? Thank you.~ Firoz AnsariPune, Indiahttp://www.firozansari.comWhy product testin...

calling method in user control - keep getting error
Hello, If i dont call any methods of this user control The page runs fine and the user control displays correctly.But I need to pass some data to my user control but every time i try to call one of the user control methods I get the error -  Object reference not set to an instance of an object. I cant figure it out as I've used user controls before - but this user control has a datagrid - I think this might be why it is erroring?The html code look like -  <%@ Register TagPrefix="Check" TagName="CheckGrid" src="../includes/UserControls/Per...

i get error: Microsoft JScript runtime error: Object doesn't support this property or method
 Hi All.I have a javascript method that goes like this:function photoUploadComplete(message, isError){    clearPhotoUploadProgress();    if (_photoUploadProgressTimer)    {        clearTimeout(_photoUploadProgressTimer);    }    _divUploadProgress.style.display = 'none';    _divUploadMessage.style.display = 'none';    _divFrame.style.display = '';    if (message.length)    {   &nbs...

Error calling method of PBNI object
Hi, I'm using PB 9.0.2 and using PBDOM to parse an XML file. Everything works fine in development environment. When I deploy the app and run the app, I get the error message "Error calling method of PBNI object" when PBDOM_Builder's BuildFromString() function is being called. I have included pbddom90.dll, PBXerces90.dll and xerces-c_1_5_1.dll and still get the same error message. Would anyone help me figure that out? Thanks Junaid Junaid wrote: > Hi, > I'm using PB 9.0.2 and using PBDOM to parse an XML file. Everything > works fine in d...

Error Calling Method of a PBNI Object
I get the subject error when trying to call setoptions after creating the soapconnection. PB 10, build 4510, windows 2000 Any help appreciated Jim I figured it out. I had to rename all the related dll's in the winnt/system32 directory, then I copied all of those dll's to the local work directory, then I added current directory to the system path, then restarted powerbuilder. I've seen several other people with similar problems, Sybase really needs to clean up and simplify the dll's and deployment. Thanks, Jim > I get the subject error when tryin...

Error calling method of a PBNI object
I've tried almost all PBNI CodeXchange examples and I'm still getting "Error calling method of a PBNI object" message. It appears when I click on the visual object. E.g. in Oscilloscope application everything works fine until I click the oscilloscope screen area. I've tried just unzipping, opening the pbw and run. Then I've tried to rebuild pbx, pbx2pbd90.exe to get pbd and rebuild workspace but the result is still the same. I'm using PB 9.0.1.6533 and Visual Studio .NET 2003 7.1.3088. Regarding to an answer from Clive Collie in the newsgroup before ...

Error calling method of a PBNI object
Hi, Run my deployed application I get this error (PBXRuntimeError) : "PBNI exeption: Error calling method of a PBNI object" this is the code: //declaration used to get data from xml code PBDOM_BUILDER pbdom_builder_new PBDOM_DOCUMENT pbdom_doc PBDOM_OBJECT pbdom_obj_array_root[] PBDOM_OBJECT pbdom_obj_array_data[] int i TRY //parsing if parsing != succed return error long ret ret= XMLParseString(xml_code) if ret<>0 then return ret //string XMLTravco -> PBDOM_DOCUMENT pbdom_doc pbdom_builder_new = Create PBDOM_Builder pbdom_doc ...

Error when calling a java method which returns Object
By reading CodeExchange, I found I can access java class with the EJBConnection method. I used this method with succes, but a method of one of my java class returned a java.util.List and when I called the get method on the list, I haved an error : "Failed to find the proxy to represent the java class (...)". I suspected this error came because the get method returns an Object. So, I wrote a simple example : One simple java class : ------------------------------------- import java.util.ArrayList; import java.util.List; public class MyClass { public ArrayList ...

Error calling method of a PBNI object #2
I have just upgraded to PB 11.2 and have written a small application that can read a text file into some datawindows and then export it to XML. After the export i read in the file into a PBDOM document and needs to add some data and then save the file again. It works fine from inside the PB IDE, but if i compile the application and run ity on the same machine i get the error in the subject line. I have created a runtime package where i include support for PBDOM and XML support. Can anybody maybe help me, with what i'm missing. Thanks in advance Steen Christiansen Seapay A...

System error
I run a depolyed application and tried to build a xml file from a string of data. I got an error Error text = Error calling method of a PBNI object. Error Object/Control = pbdom_builder. script = build fromstring. I run it in powerbuilder environment is fine. Please help PAtrick Did you deploy the runtime components that the PBDOM90.PBD is dependant on: http://sybooks.sybase.com/onlinebooks/group-pb/pbg0900e/apptech/@Generic__BookTextView/49477;pt=49477#X On 4 Nov 2004 14:40:13 -0800, "Patrick Lee" <patrick.lee@companionGroup.com> wrote: >I run...

Error calling method of a PBNI object #2
Please help me! (Sorry, my english is bad) ;-) My problem is, when I start my application in the runtime I recieved the error: "Error calling method of a PBNI object" When I start my application from the powerbuilder then it works! Please help me... Thank you! ******************************** TRY is_haus_id = proxy.InsertUpdateHaus(is_mandant, is_haus) CATCH (runtimeerror er_haus) fw_killnull(is_haus_Id) fw_killnull(is_haus) fw_log("FEHLER in fw_x_insertupdatehaus: " + er_haus.getMessage()) fw_log("--> Mandant: " + is_mand...

Error Calling Method of a PBNI Object #3
We are using Soap/XML in PB 10.5.2 and getting this message. We get it using one DB and not another. Does anyone know what this message means and what we might be missing? Please help ASAP if possible! ...

Invalid object error calling jaguar component method
I am attempting to call a jaguar component method that has an string argument defined as INOUT. The component has been created in PowerBuilder where the argument is passed by reference. I am able to call the java.CreateComponent successfully but when the component method is called the following error is generated in my browser: Invalid object for method doSomething near line 34 in "/test.htm" Here is the code segment from my server script: <% .... test = java.CreateComponent("fts/test", "iiop://localhost:9000", "jagadmin", ""...

Web resources about - Runtime error calling method in object - sybase.inet-dev-toolkit

Android Runtime - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Android Runtime ( ART ) is an application runtime environment used by the Android mobile operating system . ART replaces Dalvik , which is the ...

Runtime (@Runtimeapp) on Twitter

Runtime - Simple Run Tracking on the App Store on iTunes
Get Runtime - Simple Run Tracking on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

HSA Foundation Launches ‘HSA 1.0 Final’ – Architecture, Programmers Reference and Runtime Specifications ...
... of the hardware, - the HSA Programmers’ Reference Manual for the software ecosystem targeting tools and compiler developers, - the HSA Runtime ...

ART: The Android runtime that will eventually replace Dalvik is in KitKat in preview form
Google has, for all intents and purposes, rewritten Android several times since first launching the platform back in 2008. But there's a part ...

Experimental ART runtime available on new HTC One
Attention smartphone nerds — the new HTC One (M8) includes the option to use the experimental, pre-release ART runtime should you desire to make ...

ART runtime Archives - Android Origin
The team behind the custom ROM, Paranoid Android, has just released a brand new beta. As always, it includes various bug fixes, but this update ...

ART runtime Archives - Android Police - Android News, Apps, Games, Phones, Tablets
It was only 3 months ago when we first met the brand new Android Runtime, dubbed ART . In that time it has gained a substantial following by ...

Objective-C Runtime Reference
Describes the data structures and functions of the Objective-C runtime support library.

Apps can affect Mac performance, battery runtime, temperature, and fan activity - Apple Support
You can use Activity Monitor to see whether a Mac app is using more of the CPU than it should.