REPOST: Connection with server reset

>> Really desperate to find out whether this problem is a jag or web
server problem >> so I can start my investigations. Any ideas
appreciated. Thanks

Hi All
I am having problems with IE when requesting a HTMLDW through our
website with a modem.

This is a production environment with NS web server and two jag servers
clustered ( 3.5 C3 )

I get the error;
Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet site
http://xxx
The connection with the server was reset

The web page displays partial information, but some columns and text
headings are missing and leaves the page unusable.

This problem does not occur in NS at all and prior to the application of

the C3 release this problem didnt exist. Is this a jag problem or a web
server problem?

Any ideas or leads appreciated.

Rgds
Adam



--
Adam Simmonds
Senior Developer
FlexSIS Project
Maze Crescent, Building G05
University of Sydney NSW  2006
Email: asimmond@mail.usyd.edu.au
Phone:  +61 2  9351 5174
Mb: 0403 341 474
Fax:  +61 2  9351 7711


0
Adam
10/23/2000 3:03:49 PM
sybase.easerver 11371 articles. 0 followers. Follow

2 Replies
329 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 28

Are pages other than htmldw working OK? I mean other PowerDynamo pages?

-Hitesh


Adam Simmonds wrote:

> >> Really desperate to find out whether this problem is a jag or web
> server problem >> so I can start my investigations. Any ideas
> appreciated. Thanks
>
> Hi All
> I am having problems with IE when requesting a HTMLDW through our
> website with a modem.
>
> This is a production environment with NS web server and two jag servers
> clustered ( 3.5 C3 )
>
> I get the error;
> Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet site
> http://xxx
> The connection with the server was reset
>
> The web page displays partial information, but some columns and text
> headings are missing and leaves the page unusable.
>
> This problem does not occur in NS at all and prior to the application of
>
> the C3 release this problem didnt exist. Is this a jag problem or a web
> server problem?
>
> Any ideas or leads appreciated.
>
> Rgds
> Adam
>
> --
> Adam Simmonds
> Senior Developer
> FlexSIS Project
> Maze Crescent, Building G05
> University of Sydney NSW  2006
> Email: asimmond@mail.usyd.edu.au
> Phone:  +61 2  9351 5174
> Mb: 0403 341 474
> Fax:  +61 2  9351 7711

0
Hitesh
10/23/2000 5:02:17 PM
Yeah all PD pages have this problem.
I did some further testing and found it only happens when I am maxing my modem
out doing something else like loading other www pages. I would expect that it
should just share the bandwidth, but it brings back this error and half the
page loads and the rest is jumbled javascript.

A.

Hitesh Patel wrote:

> Are pages other than htmldw working OK? I mean other PowerDynamo pages?
>
> -Hitesh
>
> Adam Simmonds wrote:
>
> > >> Really desperate to find out whether this problem is a jag or web
> > server problem >> so I can start my investigations. Any ideas
> > appreciated. Thanks
> >
> > Hi All
> > I am having problems with IE when requesting a HTMLDW through our
> > website with a modem.
> >
> > This is a production environment with NS web server and two jag servers
> > clustered ( 3.5 C3 )
> >
> > I get the error;
> > Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet site
> > http://xxx
> > The connection with the server was reset
> >
> > The web page displays partial information, but some columns and text
> > headings are missing and leaves the page unusable.
> >
> > This problem does not occur in NS at all and prior to the application of
> >
> > the C3 release this problem didnt exist. Is this a jag problem or a web
> > server problem?
> >
> > Any ideas or leads appreciated.
> >
> > Rgds
> > Adam
> >
> > --
> > Adam Simmonds
> > Senior Developer
> > FlexSIS Project
> > Maze Crescent, Building G05
> > University of Sydney NSW  2006
> > Email: asimmond@mail.usyd.edu.au
> > Phone:  +61 2  9351 5174
> > Mb: 0403 341 474
> > Fax:  +61 2  9351 7711

--
Adam Simmonds
Senior Developer
FlexSIS Project
Maze Crescent, Building G05
University of Sydney NSW  2006
Email: asimmond@mail.usyd.edu.au
Phone:  +61 2  9351 5174
Mb: 0403 341 474
Fax:  +61 2  9351 7711


0
adam
10/24/2000 3:34:24 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading while uploading image to the server.
Hi, I have a form where the user can upload some images to the server. My problem is that when I try to upload an image the server goes down and I get this error message from the server: The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.Even if i try to debug my code it goes down and I can not debug it. Does any body have a seggestion? Thanks a lot   file uploads are streamed into memory, so uploading a large file could consume enough memory to cause your app to recycle. by default, uploads over 4MB in size are prevented, but your can override this in w...

How to reset connection to SQL Server and clean all process on SQL server?
When I connect to SQL Server to call a SP in a web page, then I can see there is a process in SQL Server. Even the calling is done, the process still be there for a few minutes. But if recompile the code in VS2005, all processes on SQL server  caused by the code will be gone immediately.  How can I do this in .NET code to kill the whole process caused by codes executed before? After finishing with the connection have you tried?: YourConn.CloseDavid WierMCP/ASPInsiderASPNet101.com - where to look first!Please Vote for ASPNet101 - 'Best Community Resource'!Control Grouper ...

server connection resets
Name: Sam M. Product: Firefox Summary: server connection resets Comments: On many pages, including the Firefox Start page, an error message will come up saying 'Page Load Error: The Connection to the Server was Reset While the Page Was Loading'. This happens on many different pages with no real common factor. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1b4) Gecko/20090423 Firefox/3.5b4 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you mus...

Connection reset by server
When trying to save an attachment of more that 2.5 MB from webaccess, it starts downloading and after about 3-4 minutes it gets disconnected with an error that the Connection was reset by server. My dialUp does not get disconnected at all. You can download the same attachment using ftp without problems and it can take 15 min. with ftp. What type of time out might be there in webacess a part from the default 20 min. when idle ? Gw6.5 sp4 , webacc 6.5sp4. Help. Grpadm, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, ...

The connection with the server was reset
When someone external tries to download a large file from our site built with CSK, they get this error message. I would think its a timeout problem except for the fact that it happens within the first 2 minutes. Anyone run into this problem and have any idea on how to fix it? This sounds like an FTP error, not an HTTP error. Either way though, connection reset errors are almost always network issues, but are rarely timeout issues. Typically I see these on high latency networks or networks dropping a lot of packets. This is a very annoying error, and I have a very long personal histor...

Connection to server reset`
I'm certain that this has been asked before but I can't find the answer, sorry guys! I've just installed Thunderbird and it's failing to collect mail. I am a Virgin Media customer (previously Blueyonder) and it's collected the first 10 emails and then completelty refuses to download the othe 50 or so. TB version 2.0.0.9 (20071031) Ginny wrote: > I'm certain that this has been asked before but I can't find the answer, > sorry guys! > > I've just installed Thunderbird and it's failing to collect mail. I am a > Virgin Media ...

EAServer 6.0 connect to MS SQL SERVER using ODBC Connection
I am currently migrating from EAServer 4.2 to 6.0. I am trying to connect a SQL Server database through an ODBC connection in EAServer 6.0. When I set up the data source and tried to ping the database server, it gives me an error saying it cannot connect to the database. I have tried to change the database type from SQL SERVER to JCM_ODBC and other multiple things to try to connect, but it still fails. The odbc connection is properly set up but I can't seem to connect through EAServer. Any help would be appreciated. Could you please give the log of EAServer6 which is under ...

The connection with the server was reset
Hi. I am trying to edit a website I am creating using ASP.net in Visual Studio. But for some unknown reason when i try to open the project I now get the following error message: "The webserver reported the following error when attempting to create or open the web project located at the following URL: 'http://localhost/site'. 'The connection with the server was reset'." This error ever use to occur and I can't think of anything I have changed resently which would have started it. I cannot open any of my other projects either. Anyone got any ideas? Cheers Andy...

Connection with the server was reset
We are running a patch management server (6.3.2.700) at our central site. All the remote sites have a server which is configured as a distribution point. All clients on that site will have a policy which points their client (6.3.2.858) to the local distribution point. On one of the sites, the majority of patches are failing to deploy with the error being "Failed 0x0000190D". When this is expanded, the error is: ConnectionHTTP::read exception The connection with the server was reset 12031 [SoftPackage.cpp:1422] 2008/03/25 17:15:01.0059,0,ConnectionHTTP::read excepti...

could not connect to server (server name); the connection was refused
I'm using a hotmail account and TB returns this error "could not connect to server (server name); the connection was refused" ware (server name) is 127.0.0.1 if some one could help with this problem it would be greatly appreciated drewmalone@hotmail.com wrote: > I'm using a hotmail account and TB returns this error "could not > connect to server (server name); the connection was refused" ware > (server name) is 127.0.0.1 if some one could help with this problem > it would be greatly appreciated > 1st check whether POP/SMTP servers a...

Connection reset by server #2
I am getting the "conneciton reset by server" error. The agent appears to to be running, and Tomcat too; I just keep getting "unable to connect." PKIDiag reports no problems. I've run DNSRepair. How to I approach this to isolate the problem? Steve, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Do a search of our knowledgebase at http://support.novell.com/search/kb_index....

EAServer connecting to LDAP Server
Could I create one connection cache in EAServer connecting to LDAP Server? How? Could someone give me one example? Thanks in advance. We dont support JDAP in our caches, but you could implement your own pool. Dave Wolf Internet Applications Division "Roger Lou" <rogerlou@mpinfo.com.tw> wrote in message news:#OuK0zJoAHA.161@forums.sybase.com... > Could I create one connection cache in EAServer connecting to LDAP Server? > How? Could someone give me one example? > > Thanks in advance. > > > ...

An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not all
When i enter log in, I get the following error page.    Server Error in '/' Application. An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified) Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the err...

An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not all #5
An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified)   <sessionState mode="SQLServer"sqlConnectionString="data source=LHX00CNU7401SQG\Session; integrated security=true"/>   I have done all the settings: --> enabling the protocols --> Starting teh SQlbrowser but still no luck. Pleas...

Web resources about - REPOST: Connection with server reset - sybase.easerver

Connection - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License ;additional terms may apply. By using this site, you agree to the ...

iMedia Connection: Interactive Marketing News, Features, Podcasts and Video - iMediaConnection.com
High-quality data, if not used properly, can still lead marketers to make bad decisions. Consider these common ways that numbers are used to ...

HTTP persistent connection - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... tacked on to an existing protocol. If the browser supports keep-alive, it adds an additional header to the request: Following this, the connection ...

CareerSonar Turns Facebook Friends Into Job Connections
Looking for a job ? Among your Facebook friends lies the potential for employment. CareerSonar , a new service, brings together a person’s connections ...

Sydney's beauty relies on its visual and physical connection to nature
Landowners, custodians and developers must collaborate to create a healthy environment, happy residents and a more productive city.

Adam Savage from 'MythBusters' has an incredible connection to the 'Star Wars' franchise
Adam Savage, co-host of the popular " MythBusters " television show, soured on the plot of "Interstellar." But when it comes to the newest films ...

Heavyset woman with facial hair arrested in connection to downto - CBS News 8 - San Diego, CA News Station ...
Police were on the lookout Thursday for a heavyset woman with facial hair who stabbed a man in the East Village.

10th person arrested in connection with Paris attacks
CNN 10th person arrested in connection with Paris attacks CNN (CNN) Belgian police have arrested a 10th person in connection with last month's ...

Should auld connections be forgot...
This environmental testing company has strict data-retention requirements and they go beyond the data, reports a pilot fish on the scene. "Per ...

'How To Get Away With Murder' Season 2 Spoilers: Annalise, Wes, Eve's Connection Teased
... Away With Murder" season 2 will reveal more information about Annalise Keating (Viola Davis), Eve (Famke Janssen) and Wes' (Alfred Enoch) connection. ...

Resources last updated: 1/5/2016 2:40:04 AM