Problem with stored procedure datawindow

------=_NextPart_000_0014_01C08078.36D407B0

I have converted a datawindow that had a SQL Select to a Stored =
Procedure that is retrieved on a page using the HTML generator. Now the =
datawindow will not retrieve. I have tried setting the weight of the =
datawindow in the dw painter to all options and still no luck. I have =
even hardcoded values in the retrieveex script and the datawindow does =
not return any rows. The SQL Select datawindow and the SP datawindow use =
the same retrieval argument names and data types. Is there a problem =
using stored procs and the HTML generator? I am using Sybase 12 and =
EAServer 3.6.

------=_NextPart_000_0014_01C08078.36D407B0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I have converted a datawindow that had =
a SQL Select=20
to a Stored Procedure that is retrieved on a page using the HTML =
generator. Now=20
the datawindow will not retrieve. I have tried setting the weight of the =

datawindow in the dw painter to all options and still no luck. I have =
even=20
hardcoded values in the retrieveex script and the datawindow does not =
return any=20
rows. The SQL Select datawindow and the SP datawindow use the same =
retrieval=20
argument names and data types. Is there a problem using stored procs and =
the=20
HTML generator? I am using Sybase 12 and EAServer=20
3.6.</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0014_01C08078.36D407B0--

0
dRoberts

------=_NextPart_000_00DE_01C086AC.26E654E0

I used the web dw and oracle stored procedures a while back without any =
problems.  Anything show up in the srv.log?  What's the transaction =
property of your component?  Is it requires transaction?

--=20

Larry Cermak [Team Sybase]
Corporate Technology Partners, Inc

Coming soon: Web DataWindow Book

Web DataWindow Articles: http://my.sybase.com/detail?id=3D1003371

  "dRoberts" <droberts@bepc.com> wrote in message =
  I have converted a datawindow that had a SQL Select to a Stored =
Procedure that is retrieved on a page using the HTML generator. Now the =
datawindow will not retrieve. I have tried setting the weight of the =
datawindow in the dw painter to all options and still no luck. I have =
even hardcoded values in the retrieveex script and the datawindow does =
not return any rows. The SQL Select datawindow and the SP datawindow use =
the same retrieval argument names and data types. Is there a problem =
using stored procs and the HTML generator? I am using Sybase 12 and =
EAServer 3.6.

------=_NextPart_000_00DE_01C086AC.26E654E0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I used the web dw and oracle stored =
procedures a=20
while back without any problems.&nbsp; Anything show up in the =
srv.log?&nbsp;=20
What's the transaction property of your component?&nbsp; Is it requires=20
transaction?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><BR>-- <BR><BR>Larry Cermak [Team Sybase]<BR>Corporate Technology =
Partners,=20
Inc</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Coming soon: Web DataWindow Book</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Web DataWindow Articles: <A=20
href=3D"http://my.sybase.com/detail?id=3D1003371">http://my.sybase.com/de=
tail?id=3D1003371</A><BR></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>"dRoberts" &lt;<A=20
  href=3D"mailto:droberts@bepc.com">droberts@bepc.com</A>&gt; wrote in =
message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:dc9PRzKgAHA.308@forums.sybase.com">news:dc9PRzKgAHA.308@foru=
ms.sybase.com</A>...</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I have converted a datawindow that =
had a SQL=20
  Select to a Stored Procedure that is retrieved on a page using the =
HTML=20
  generator. Now the datawindow will not retrieve. I have tried setting =
the=20
  weight of the datawindow in the dw painter to all options and still no =
luck. I=20
  have even hardcoded values in the retrieveex script and the datawindow =
does=20
  not return any rows. The SQL Select datawindow and the SP datawindow =
use the=20
  same retrieval argument names and data types. Is there a problem using =
stored=20
  procs and the HTML generator? I am using Sybase 12 and EAServer=20
  3.6.</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_00DE_01C086AC.26E654E0--

0
Larry

Problem at use methods of components EAServer as stored procedures in DataWindow.
I create in PowerBuilder object DataWindow with DataSource as stored procedures. Stored procedures are methods of component EAServers which returns resultset. All works perfectly if the method does not have parameters. If the method has parameters PowerBuilder dysplaying error message box: Cannot create DataWindow 'SystemException - IDL:omg.org/CORBA/MARSHAL:1.01 execute PackageName.Component.method;1' Any ideas? Best regards, can you post the code in the method? -- Dean Jones TeamSybase PowerTeam, Inc. www.powerobjects.com "Ivan Lisenkov" <...

Stored Procedure
Hi, I created a datawindow by using stored proc as datasource in PB 6.0. Db is sqlany 5.5.04. On one machine, when I tried to retrieve same datawindow from same database, it is retrieving. But on another machine, it's giving me the error column list do not match. Is it related to pbodb60.ini file? Or with Powerbuilder profile( dbparm )? I tried to change static bind = 0 to 1, but result is same. Has anyone seen before? What is the problem? TIA -- Mahendra Dhamdhere, CPDA Email:mahendrad@hotmail.com Pl. Remove nospam_ from email id ...

store procedure datawindow problem
In sybase ASE 11.5, I wrote such a store procedure: CREATE PROCEDURE up_myproc (@arg_parm1 char(40), @arg_parm2 char(40) ) AS CREATE TABLE #temp_alertlist( steprec_id decimal(18,0), ifalert char(1), type char(255), content_1 char(255) null, content_2 char(255) null, content_3 char(255) null, content_4 char(255) null, windowname char(255) null ) Insert into #temp_alertlist values(....) SELECT * FROM #temp_alertlist In pb8, I made a datawindow from this store procedure, when I preview it, it returns the correct results, but when I put this datawindow in my ...

Problems with stored procedures in a datawindow
Hi- I'm using an external datawindow which uses stored procedures for insert,=20 delete and update. I always insert a row and if I want to delete or modify a row, I fill in=20 the datawindow with the corresponding information. In order to execute the = appropriate stored procedure, I change the status flags of the row to=20 DataModified! using the SetItemStatus method (and call the deleteRow()=20 method if I want to delete the row). After that, I set the transaction I=20 want the datawindow to use and call the datawindow's of=5Fupdate() method. It executes the stored p...

problem with a stored procedure datawindow
I often work with datawindow based on oracle stored procedure and i never had any problem except with one. This datawindow works fine during 3 hours (approximately) and then becomes invalid. The error is : ORA-06553: PLS-707: structure non prise en charge ou erreur interne [2601] ORA-06550: Ligne 1, colonne 16:|PL/SQL: Statement ignored| which seems to be an internal error... I thought it was an instance problem and i shutdown the database and re-start it but the problem is still the same. Datawindow based on stored procedure used a cursor that is never closed. Can the problem be ...

Datawindow against Stored Procedure problem
Has anyone had problems creating a datawindow against a database stored procedure? I have a simple stored procedure that returns a result set. When I try to create a tabular datawindow against the stored procedure, I click 'finish' and PocketBuilder simply disappears (without even the standard 'do you want to send the report to Microsoft' dialog box!). Thanks! Michael Frank ASA9 version 9.0.2 build 3044 PocketBuilder 2.0.1 build 688 I have no problems with this (I am running ASA 9.0.2.3124 in my tests). "Michael Frank" <mfrank.removeme...

Datawindow with Stored Procedure Problem
I get the message "Select error: Requested result set number 1 not found" from a datawindow when my Stored Procedure does not get a result set. It works fine when there is data returned. Normally, when no data is returned I just get zero rows returned without an error message. The Stored Procedure works fine when no data is returned outside of PB. I am using PB 7.0.2 C3 with Sybase 11. Any one have any thoughts on this one? TIA Ted Jones If you are using a datawindow, you HAVE to have a result set. That result set could contain 0 rows. If your stored procedure has a...

problem with Oracle Stored procedure datawindow
Hi : I have a datawindow with a PL/SQL stored procedure that uses REF cursors. There is one block in the PL/SQL script that has its own exception handling code to essentially ignore the no_data_found condition. When this code is included the datawindow causes a GPF. IF I don't include the code the datawindow does not GPF, but the procedure ends without really completing the process and hence no data is retrieved . I am using Oracle 8i database and Powerbuilder 7.0.1 Any tips/work arounds are greatly appreciated Thanks Medha Pai Can you show some code? -- ...

Oracle stored procedure problems with datawindows
Currently using oracle 8 and using a stored procedure as a source for a datawindow. when the procedure is asscoiated with the datawindow it comes up with an oracle error stating that the variabels have not been initalised. The stored proc has two in variables and an inout. Has any one had this problem and found a solution. I had this problem. But I was necessary execute a stored procedure from the script. When I checked my connect string to Oracle database in the connect script and my connect string in the database profile I found a solution this problem. For example: My con...

Problem in updating a stored procedure datawindow
Hi I am facing a problem while updating stored procedure datawindow. I am using PB 9 and MSSQL Server 7.0. The Stored Procedure which is fired for inserting into a table , a trigger is written on this table. Last line of trigger is creating problem is as follows - UPDATETEXT Keane_Log.details @ptrval NULL 0 WITH LOG @tmp When dw_1.Update() is issued it is giving following error - SQLDBCODE 999 ERRTEXT - Number of parameter do not agree When the above mentioned line is commented in trigger and dw_update() is fired then it is successfully updating data. Alternatively if datawin...

Problem in creatingCROSSTAB STORED PROCEDURE datawindow thro
Hi EveryBody, Iam using ORACLE( 10g Release 2 ) and Power Builder 8 for my application through ODBC driver. Iam facing a problem in creation and a crosstab stored procedure datawindow through ODBC driver. It is giving an error message like PLS-00306: wrong number or types of arguments in call to 'SP_TESTING_STORED_PROCEDURE'. But when i use NATIVE ORACLE DRIVER for creating CROSSTAB STORED PROCEDURE DATAWINDOW, it is working fine. It is creating the datawindow and retrieving successfully. But when i used this created datawindow to retrieve data by connecting ...

Problem calling stored procedure for datawindow update
Hi All, I have a datawindow that uses stored procedures for update, insert, and delete. One of the arguments of the Insert stored procedure is mapped to a computed column. The problem I am having is that the Argument is of type SmallInt, and even though my computed column evaluates to a numeric value, it always tries to send the value as Varchar. If I try to access the computed column with powerscript I must use the GetItemNumber function, so I know the datawindow sees my computed column as a numeric type, so why does it convert it to Varchar to send it to the stored procedure? Is ...

Problem in creating stored procedure datawindow in oracle
Hi Everybody, I am using OBDC driver to connect to ORACLE( 10g Release 2 ) for my Power Builder( PB8 ) application. I have created following package and stored procedure CREATE OR REPLACE PACKAGE a_demo IS TYPE my_result_set IS REF CURSOR RETURN work_orders%ROWTYPE; END a_demo; CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE proc_demo (out_result IN OUT a_demo.my_result_set) AS BEGIN OPEN out_result FOR SELECT * FROM work_orders; END proc_demo; But when iam creating datawindow through this stored procedure, it is giving error like Cannot Create Datawindow 'SQLSTATE = 37000 ...

Problem with Datawindow Stored Procedure Closing in Oracle
Has anyone run into a problem where they are using a stored procedure as the source for a datawindow, but Oracle is reporting that the cursor does not close (even if this window and datawindow are destroyed?). Is there a manual way to close the cursor (opened in a datawindow)? Thanks - Joe Slawsky (NOSPAMFORME_jslawsky@planetdx.com) www.planetdx.com What version of PB? Joe, Slawsky wrote: > > Has anyone run into a problem where they are using a > stored procedure as the source for a datawindow, but Oracle > is reporting that the cursor does not close (even i...

Web resources about - Problem with stored procedure datawindow - sybase.easerver

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo