Problem at use methods of components EAServer as stored procedures in DataWindow.

I create in PowerBuilder object DataWindow  with DataSource as stored
procedures. Stored procedures are methods of component EAServers which
returns resultset. All works perfectly if the method does not have
parameters. If the method has parameters PowerBuilder dysplaying error
message box:

Cannot create DataWindow
'SystemException - IDL:omg.org/CORBA/MARSHAL:1.01 execute
PackageName.Component.method;1'

Any ideas?

Best regards,

0
Ivan

can you post the code in the method?

--
Dean Jones TeamSybase
PowerTeam, Inc.

"Ivan Lisenkov" <rrr@rrr.rr> wrote in message
> I create in PowerBuilder object DataWindow  with DataSource as stored
> procedures. Stored procedures are methods of component EAServers which
> returns resultset. All works perfectly if the method does not have
> parameters. If the method has parameters PowerBuilder dysplaying error
> message box:
>
> Cannot create DataWindow
> 'SystemException - IDL:omg.org/CORBA/MARSHAL:1.01 execute
> PackageName.Component.method;1'
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Best regards,

0
Dean

Problem using ORCA to deploy EAServer components
In PB8 there is a new ORCA function PBORCA_BuildProject to deploy PB components to EAServer. You pass the library name and name of the project object and it runs it. I have this working great. There is also a function PBORCA_BuildProjectEx which has two additional arguments, servername and port. This allows you to override the values in the project object. This function always aborts and I don't know why. Has anyone gotten this to work? I have tried various builds of PB8 with the same results. My PB program calls a C .dll I wrote to handle the callbacks. I got PBORCA_Bui...

how to retrieve datawindow based on stored procedure on EAServer?
Hi all. I use SYJ interface to access ASE DB from EAServer. When I try to retrieve datastore based on stored procedure, I get db error message: Select error: SELECT INTO command not allowed within multi-statement transaction. I know, how to deal wit such message in client/server environment. In c/s I should set AutoCommit to true just before retrieve. For EAServer component, it does not work. Is there any other way to retrieve such datastore on EAServer? Thanks for any help, --------------------------------------- Jacek Borowiec jacek_borowiec@skg.pl In addition ...

problem in making datawindow object using stored procedure
Thanks for this site. When I create a datawindow object using stored procedure as data source, all parameters set with not arguments but const values. For an example , in 'Modify Stored Procedure Data Source' just after created, execute dbo.my_proc;1 @loc_cd = '1', @yymm_dt = '1994/01/01' appeared instead of execute dbo.my_proc;1 @loc_cd = :loc_cd, @yymm_dt = :yymm_dt Parameters are all set with const values such as '1' and '1994/01/01', so retrieved result set is out of expect. Interactive arguments are not in use. what's wr...

Datawindow result set problem using stored procedures
I am really stuck on a stored-procedure issue using ASE 12.5 and PB 9.0.2 Build 7661. I always thought the last SELECT statement in a stored procedure was taken as the result set. But it turns out that if I execute a stored procedure with a result set prior to the last SELECT I am doing in my procedure, it is the result set of the stored procedure I executed that is my result set! My code is like ths: exec my_proc @result output SELECT Name, @result FROM Name_Table WHERE ID = 1234 So when I create my datawindow, my result set is simply one column, the re...

Problem with the creation of a datawindow using a stored procedure in SQLServer 2005
Hi , I have Powerbuilder 10.2.1 and SQLServer 2005. I am connecting to my SQL Database using an ODBC connection. I have create a stored procedure which is working if I executed in the database but I cannot make it work in PB. The problem is that when I'm creating a datawindow and try to retrieve the resultset that my sp is returning I'm getting an error which says : SQLState = 22005 [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Invalid character value for cast specification. ////////////////////////////////////////////////// The code inside the stored procedure is as follows : A...

PB7: Datawindows using Stored Procedures w/ cursor problem
I have tried to preview a datawindow that calls a stored procedure with a cursor. It does not return any results. When I ran the same DW in PB6.5 it returned results. A colleague of mine has also tried this on a similar "datawindow using a stored procedure w/ a cursor" with the same results. I can be contacted at dennisb@bestnet.com or dennisb@gsc-utah.com Dennis Bledsoe On Wed, 5 May 1999 14:41:28 -0600, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.database Dennis Bledsoe <dennisb@gsc-utah.com> wrote: >I have tried to preview a datawindow that calls a stored pro...

How to Call Methods on a PB Component deployed as EAServer Service? Use a Timer Object?
Can I use a PB Timer Object in a EAServer component? I am developing a PB Component as a EAServer Service and having problems calling methods on it. I cannot call methods because Run() is using up all the cycles. I am doing something like the following in the Run() method: DO WHILE ib_running uf_do_something() JagSleep ( a few seconds ) END LOOP Where ib_running would get set to false in the Stop() method. I thought using JagSleep() would allow other methods to be called, but it doesn't. I'd prefer to have a timing object perform periodic refreshes (of ...

Using datawindows from the EAServer
Hi there, I hava succeeded to deploy a datawindow on the application, but I can't figure out how I'm going to use it. When I have a JDataWindowControl on my form how do I put the datawindow object, which is a Corba object, into thar form? Second, when I'm trying to invoke a method on the object that I have got through my lookup I'll get a org.omg.Corba.UNKNOWN exception with minor code 0 and completion status as not completed. Why does I get such an error? Hope to here from you soon regarding this two issues. Thanks in regards, Jess ...

Problem with startig EAServer Manager for EAServer 5
Hi all, I am new to this arena. I have installed EAServer 5.0 on my laptop. As far as I can tell everything went fine. I am following the instructions in chapter 2 Installing Easerver section Starting EAServer, ASA, and EAServer Manager. When I follow the instructions for starting EAServer Manager I get the following error message after I do step 4 Click Connect. org.omg.CORBA.COMM_FAILURE:douhas-laptop:9000- Connection refused douhas-laptop:9000-java.net ConnectException: Connection refused: connect minor code: 0 completed:No I don't even know where to start lookin...

Creating Instance of EAServer component from another EAServer
Hello, Does anybody know how to create instance of EAServer standart component from another EAServer component. this code below doesn't work from EAServer environment but works from regular windows SDI appliication: *************************************************** long ret connection con n_cdx_account acct con = create connection con.application = "cytradex_services" con.driver = "jaguar" con.location = "PHOBOS:9000" con.userid = "jagadmin" con.password = "123" ret = con.connecttoserver() inv_...

DW using stored procedure updates has problems when using ole-db
I'm still suffering in trying to use OLE-Db for my application rather than MSSQL driver. here is my Stored Proc parameter definition ALTER PROCEDURE usp_vtk_program_insert @program_id int OUTPUT, @program_grp_id int, @program_name varchar(50), @program_type_id int, @manufacturer_id int, @start_date datetime, @end_date datetime, @locked_ind int, @active_ind int, @contact_fname varchar(50)= NULL, @contact_lname varchar(50) =NULL, @contact_address1 varchar(50) =NULL, @contact_address2 varchar(50) =NULL, @contact_city varchar(50) =NULL, @contact_state varchar(2) =NULL...

Using pfc_Save Event to Update a DataWindow using Stored Procedures (Re-Post)
I'm re-posting this question if hopes of getting a qualified response: I'm using a datawindow utilizing a stored procedure as its' datasource. The datawindow also uses stored procedures for Insert, Update, & Delete. I use the pfc_Save event of the Parent window to update all SUO's on that window. Eventually, the of_Update( ) function of the datawindow control, inherited from u_dw, will be executed. I've read that the datawindow control knows which operation to perform, Update or Insert, based on the ItemStatus of the row or column in the datawindow. For som...

Problem with Stored procedure execution using from PB10.5 using oracle 8i cleint
we are using PB10.5 with oracle 8i client software. we have a problem in getting the value from output parameter of oracle stored procedure. I.e the out put parameter is a numeric and it is supposed to return 7 digit number but it is returning 6 digit only. It is working fine if we are using oracle 9i cleint. But fails when we are using oracle8i client. Please help Hi Sailendra; Are you on the latest maintenance release by chance (PB 10.5.2)? -- Regards ... Chris ISUG - NA RUG Director http://chrispollach.pbdjmagazine.com <sailendra> wrote in message news:4a980...

How to Generate Insert method Using TableAdapter Wizard for Advanced Stored Procedure using Joins?
Hi all I have a strongly typed dataset and and I want to generate the insert methods automatically using the table adapter wizard for the stored procedure below. The table I want to populate has three fields, but only "SiteID" is populated from an input param, the other two are populated using the joins in the stored procedure. tblSiteInputs - has fields InputID, SiteID and InputValue.  Here is the stored procedure: CREATE PROC New_Populate @CalcType varchar(20),@SWRelease int,@UserProfile char(12),@SiteID int AS INSERT INTO tblSiteInputs (InputID, SiteID, InputVa...

Web resources about - Problem at use methods of components EAServer as stored procedures in DataWindow. - sybase.easerver

AirAsia disaster: Indonesia cites faulty component, crew response in crash
Pilots appear to have reset the computer system's circuit breaker, leading to a series of failures that caused them to lose control of the plane ...

Teardown of iPad Pro reveals revamped component layout
... Apple device teardown on the iPad Pro on Wednesday, revealing a reworked internal design dominated by massive batteries and bespoke audio components. ...

Japan follows US lead in banning certain Takata components
Filed under: Government/Legal , Safety , Japan Like the US, Japan will ban certain Takata's airbag inflators from vehicles in development, and ...

Samsung reportedly lost key iPhone 7 component business
... for Samsung , which is ironic considering the two companies are fierce rivals in the mobile business. The Korean giant produces various components ...

Crew, faulty component caused AirAsia crash
Indonesian investigators said crew action and a faulty component caused the AirAsia jet crash in the Java Sea last year, killing 162 passengers. ...

IDG Contributor Network: Four critical patches for November Patch Tuesday update core Windows and Office ...
Microsoft's November Patch Tuesday brings us four critical updates and eight important patches that attempt to resolve 54 reported vulnerabilities ...

Immigration Law Enforcement: A Vital Component Of National Security And Counterterrorism
While the administration claims that these refugees are being vetted, there is no way to actually screen these people

OLEDWorks finalizes acquisition of key parts of Philips OLED light source components business
OLEDWorks has announced that it has completed the acquisition of key OLED assets and relevant intellectual property from Royal Philips. Manufacturing ...

Teflon Component Tied to Kids' Weight Gain
PFOA, a main component of Teflon, has been linked to increased body fat and faster weight gain in children.