Powerbuilder

Hi all,  I am probably not suppose to be asking this question here but I
have been unable to get into the beta news groups and we are getting a
little frazzled.  Can anyone give us an example of a Jaquar NVO component
using a connection pool.  We are trying to sync a datastore on easerver with
a datawindow and cannot establish a connection through the pool on easerver.
We are able to execute a method to insert a row and sync.  If that means
anything.  Thanks Den

We are using PB7.0 and EAServer3.0 betas on NT

0
Dennis

Since the beta's well over and the product is about to be shipped, I guess I
can accomodate.

Assuming your connection cache is of type ODBC, called 'MyConnection' and
has cache-by-name access enabled.

Put this in the constructor:

SQLCA.DBMS = "ODBC"
SQLCA.DBParm="CacheName='MyConnection',UseContextObject='Yes'"

Put the connect in Activate:

CONNECT USING SQLCA;

Put disconnect in Deactivate:

DISCONNECT USING SQLCA;

HTH.

Carson

Carson Hager                                   Dynamic Data Solutions, Inc.
Team Powersoft                               http://www.dyn-data.com
CPD Professional
Microsoft Certified Professional

                       Enterprise Applications in Your Future?
                JumpStart '99 Enterprise Solutions Conference
                                http://www.JumpStart99.com

Dennis Connolly wrote in message ...
>Hi all,  I am probably not suppose to be asking this question here but I
>have been unable to get into the beta news groups and we are getting a
>little frazzled.  Can anyone give us an example of a Jaquar NVO component
>using a connection pool.  We are trying to sync a datastore on easerver
with
>a datawindow and cannot establish a connection through the pool on
easerver.
>We are able to execute a method to insert a row and sync.  If that means
>anything.  Thanks Den
>
>We are using PB7.0 and EAServer3.0 betas on NT

0
Carson

EAserver with PowerBuilder
We are thinking about moving some of our PowerBuilder NVOs to EAServer. Can anyone provide links to tutorials on this topic? Thanks, Doug Sybase's site has some examples. We have many simple examples on our site http://www.powerobjects.com/jaguar.htm -- Dean Jones [TeamSybase] PowerTeam, Inc. http://www.powerobjects.com smlPortal - Moving PB to the web. "Doug Stone" <dstone@res-q.com> wrote in message news:vB4M4tP$BHA.289@forums.sybase.com... > > We are thinking about moving some of our PowerBuilder NVOs to EAServer. > Can anyone pro...

EAserver and Powerbuilder
Hi Friends, EAserver and Powerbuilder which one need to be installed first. I found that if I install EAserver first and then Powerbuilder and when I start the Jaguar, Jagaur is starting and display 'Accepting Connections' fast. If I install Powerbuilder first and then EAserver, Jaguar is taking long time to start and display 'Accepting Connections' As it is therefore which one is the right method and what are the pros and cons. TIA RAO The order of the installation should be irrelevant to performance. The only overlap between the programs is the Sy...

PowerBuilder/EAServer
Hi, My company wants to re-write some of our apps and make them web enabled. Can someone recommend some PowerBuilder/EAServer framework. Perhaps the one that you can use to develop client-server, as well as Web applications. PFC cannot handle web applications, we have PB 7. thank you Sarah Cynergy Systems offers the EAServer Framework (EAF) www.cynergysystems.com -- Paul A. Horan[TeamSybase] VCI Springfield, MA www.vcisolutions.com "Sarah" <sarah0969@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:qOOwjwzqBHA.206@forums.sybase.com... > Hi, > >...

Powerbuilder and EAServer
I have a Powerbuilder application where much of the processing takes place on the client machine. I would like to move much of the complex processing to the application server (EAServer). Has anyone else taken this route and can give me a good place to start? A reference to a sample app (for EAServer) would be good. Thanks in advance, Terry The first step is to put the code in non-visual objects. There is examples at: http://www.powerobjects.com I think Cynergy Systems' EAF framework might be worth a look. Check it out at www.cynergysystems.com. There are othe...

GetContextService, PowerBuilder and EAServer
Hi All, When I run the following code in Powerbuilder window, it properly returns the temp foldername as defined in DOS Environment. But when I write the same code for EAServer, I get no values in ls_values[]. Is there any problem in using GetContextKeywords on EAServer? li_return = This.GetContextService(ls_keyword, lcx_key) lcx_key.GetContextKeywords("temp", ls_values[]) TIA sybase wrote: > Hi All, > When I run the following code in Powerbuilder window, it properly returns > the temp foldername as defined in DOS Environment. > ...

PowerBuilder - EAServer
Hi All, Good Morning, I need some information regarding EAServer. Using EAServer, PB application communicate with Java Application or is it usefull to migrate PB to Java? If not, is any way to migrate PB to Java application? Could you give me urls for tutorial and EAServer trail version? Advanced Thanks for yor help. Chaithu EAServer is an application and component transaction server. In other words, it "hosts" your components, which are exposed as J2EE standard EJBs. Java apps can invoke your PB components and your PB app can invoke Java components and all...

PowerBuilder/EAServer Upgrades
Is it possible to upgrade EAServer without upgrading PowerBuilder. We're a pretty large PowerBuilder 2-tier shop. We are also starting to do Web Development with EAServer. The whole shop is currently on PowerBuilder 7.0.2, and EAServer 3.5. I've recently encountered a problem with EAServer 3.5 which has been corrected in EAServer 3.6.1. We have two production EA servers, and one development EAserver running EAServer 3.5. We've got approximately 50 2-tier PB Apps which are delpoyed to a network drive. Can EAServer 3.6.1, just be upgraded on the production and developme...

Powerbuilder/EAServer framework
Hi, My company wants to re-write some of our apps and make them web enabled. Can someone recommend some PowerBuilder/EAServer framework. Perhaps the one that you can use to develop client-server, as well as Web applications. PFC cannot handle web applications, we have PB 7. thank you Sarah Check out the framework from cynergysystems.com. -- Jason Weiss eBusiness Systems Group "Sarah" <sarah0969@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:tIG04vzqBHA.204@forums.sybase.com... > Hi, > > My company wants to re-write some of our apps and make the...

PowerBuilder/PFC and EAServer
Is anyone out there developing an EAServer-based application with a PowerBuilder/PFC front-end? In the client-server days, we could depend on a database connection being around typically for the life of the application. This worked great for PFC applications, as much of the PFC relies on this connection. With the advent of EAServer and n-tier, however, we are supposed to develop middle-tier functionality that connects to the db only as needed and only for as long as needed. We are having a problem integrating the PFC (with it's dependency on the db) with middle-tier components d...

PowerBuilder - EAServer
Hi All, Good Morning, I need some information regarding EAServer. Using EAServer, PB application communicate with Java Application or is it usefull to migrate PB to Java? If not, is any way to migrate PB to Java application? Could you give me urls for tutorial and EAServer trail version? Advanced Thanks for yor help. Chaithu Please see Mr. Horan's response in sybase.public.powerbuilder.general. Please try to avoid posting to multiple groups. -- John Strano - Sybase Technology Evangelist "Ms. Chaithu" <chaithanya.sw@gmail.com> wrote in messag...

PowerBuilder or EAServer problem
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_001C_01C810B4.E1DCF0D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Not sure if I'm running into a PowerBuilder or EAServer issue but here's = the problem (I'm thinking it's PB) I have a Dell D620 laptop with both a wired NIC and Wireless NIC. While = at work I typically have both connected to "a" network. The wired is = always connected to our domain, the wireless may be connected to the = domain or connected to our external "...

Distributed Powerbuilder to EAServer
Hi, I am looking for detailed info' on converting a distributed powerbuilder application to easerver. Any links or help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Vishi Hi. A great set of resources is available here: http://www.sybase.com/products/applicationservers/easerver/extend Regards, Jackie Green Sybase, Inc <Vishi> wrote in message news:8B4520A08E506D420027162885256D64.0027167985256D64@webforums... > Hi, > > I am looking for detailed info' on converting a distributed powerbuilder > application to easerver. Any links or help will...

PowerBuilder EAServer and TRANSACTION_ROLLEDBACK
Hi, I am using PB 9 and EAServer 5 When I call a function on EAServer from PowerBuilder, I am getting following error message [I am using datastore and transaction object in my application that have been deployed on EAServer]: PowerBuilder Application Execution Error (R0095) CORBA Objects may not be created locally. at line 10286 in create event of object corbaobject of _typedef SystemException: TRANSACTION_ROLLEDBACK Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks, Brian ...

PowerBuilder - EAServer
Hi All, Good Morning, I need some information regarding EAServer. Using EAServer, PB application communicate with Java Application or is it usefull to migrate PB to Java? If not, is any way to migrate PB to Java application? Could you give me urls for tutorial and EAServer trail version? Advanced Thanks for yor help. Chaithu Please see Mr. Horan's response in sybase.public.powerbuilder.general. Please try to avoid posting to multiple groups. -- John Strano - Sybase Technology Evangelist "Ms. Chaithu" <chaithanya.sw@gmail.com> wrote in messag...

Linux/PowerBuilder/EAServer
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------985EA2350BEDE4D8D143B76B Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit There is no version of PB for Linux but there is EAServer for Linux. If i want to develop and deploy middleware components using PB on EAServer/Linux how do i will do? --------------985EA2350BEDE4D8D143B76B Content-Type: text/x-vcard; charset=us-ascii; name="surindersingh.vcf" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Description: Card for Surinder Singh Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="surinde...

Web resources about - Powerbuilder - sybase.easerver

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles