Power Dynamo 3.5 performance

Hi All,
Am posting this again bcoz I need a quick reply. Help is greatly
appreciated. Thanks

Question:
Our project is running Microsoft IIS4.0 as the web server in  conjunction
with PowerDynamo3.5. The interfacing and the setup has been done right.

However, every once in a while loading of pages with simple HTML content
which was earlier taking place in 2 seconds, slows down drastically to
minutes and can only be remedied by restarting both the application and the
web server. I was wondering if there is fine tuning required in the ISAPI
settings in PowerDynamo3.5 so far as the 'Max number of Pending Requests'
and 'Max number of worker threads'(now set to default setting of
50 and 10 respectively) are concerned. Any hints would really help me out.
There is no documentation out there relating to this issue as of now.

Thanks
Kedar

0
Kedar

HELP: Can't view performance data about Power Dynamo 3.5 in NT Performance Monitor
Hi ALL We had Power Dynamo 2 installed on both of our servers runing Windows NT 4 + SP5. We upgraded them to version 3.5 this year. However after upgrading, we found that the performance data was not available to be viewed in NT performance Monitor. We check the registry and found there's no setting for performance monitoring for Power Dynamo 3.5. And when we tried to use the internal utility within NT to load those counter data, we got an error message. The command is : lodctr dyctrs03.ini The Error is: Unable to open Driver key: SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Po...

Jaguar 3.5 and Dynamo 3.5
Dave Wolf: Previously I asked why the Dynamo session object is not maintained when running sites from the Jaguar 3.5 listeners as described in the Jaguar 3.5 docs. Are there any Jaguar property settings to enable cookies, timeouts, etc. Could this be why the session object is not set :- Jaguar doesn't save cookies to the browser with its listeners? Or are the PWS settings in Sybase Central supposed to be used by the Dynamo dll's (this is assuming the listener uses cookies still)? Chris Baker I believe this is a bug. Please contact support. Dave Wolf Internet ...

EASERVER 3.5 and EASERVER 3.6
Hi ALL Who can tell me the difference between with EASERVER 3.5 and EASERVER 3.6 (EASERVER 3.6.1) thanks 361 is J2EE 1.2 complianant 36 is close to being compliant, and the final features are in 361 for J2EE 1.2 EAS 35 supports ejb 1.0. I strongly suggest you upgrade to 361. ...

Upgrade from 3.5.3 to 3.5.5
Name: Email: lenekerratgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Upgrade from 3.5.3 to 3.5.5 Comments: Upgrade manager automatically upgraded from 3.5.3 to 3.5.5 on my AMD64 system using Ubuntu 9.10. The browser worked fine in its 3.5.3 configuration. Now after the upgrade, links do not respond to mouse clicks, my mouse scroll button doesn't work, browser locks up from time to time. Home icon goes to Mozilla site even though I input and save home as google. Preference goes blank when browser is open, the system is not usable now, and I have to figure out how to backup ...

Slow Performance of Jaguar Manager after Upgrading EAServer from 3.5 to 3.6.1 C1
Hi All, I have upgraded my EAServer (Enterprise Edition) on Sun Solaris from version 3.5 to 3.6.1 C1 build 36108 (going through 3.6.1 GA version). Everything functions properly after the upgrading. However, I find that the response in the Jaguar Manager GUI is much slower than that before the upgrading. It even takes an extremely long time for me to open the Jaguar server properties to have a look. The Jaguar CTS is on a Sun Solaris 2.6.1 machine with four 250MHz CPUs and 512 MB RAM. The Jaguar Manager (Sybase Central) is opened on the same machine where the Jaguar CTS runs. T...

Slow performance with 3.5 and ver. 3.5.1
Name: Elise A. Product: Firefox Summary: Slow performance with 3.5 and ver. 3.5.1 Comments: Since updating to Firefox 3.5 and subsequently to 3.5.1 I have noticed markedly slow performance, including frequent "hanging" to reach websites that I use/have used frequently in Firefox. This has caused me to have to shut down or restart frequently, and go back to using (less preferable, but faster and unproblematic in terms of hanging) IE if I am trying to work in the office, with deadlines. Switching to IE solves/eliminates the problem. I have already cleaned up disk ...

EAServer 3.5 C5 and IE 5.0 vs 5.5
Latest issue in the production release of my first EAServer product... Environment: EAServer 3.5 C5 Build PB 10077 NT4, SP6 Oracle 8.1.7...using OCI connection caches When using the IE 5.0 browser, most things seem to work (all work in development environment of course). Users using IE 5.5 are getting the generic PB error in TryInvoke (calling a component method). That effectively invalidates the Jaguar server; thus, the server must be restarted. Has anyone else encountered this issue? I just now discovered it was the browser version causing the problem...I've been d...

3.5/3.5.1/3.5.2
Name: david levy Email: davidatlevy98dotfsnetdotcodotuk Product: Firefox Summary: 3.5/3.5.1/3.5.2 Comments: Scrap this version as it is crap. Add-ons no longer work, including my Norton security, web pages struggle to load. General loading of Firefox has been tripled in load time. Takes up to much memory. Some web pages do not work properly when they had worked before. Its rubbish - I went back to 3.0.13. That at least works as Firefox should work. Chuck version 3.5 in the bin and restart from 3.0.13 which is the last version that works. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Wind...

PB 10.5 and EAServer 5.3 (Intially posted on EAServer NewsGroup)
We are migrating from PB 9.0.1 to PB 10.5. Currently, we employ EAServer 5.1.0 in both development and production environments. The PB 10.5 installation guide states that if you migrate to PB 10.5 you need EAServer 5.3 or later. Can we migrate EAServer components built using PB 9.0.1 to PB 10.5 and deploy them to EAServer 5.1.0? Can we migrate JSP Targets built using PB 9.0.1 to PB 10.5 and deploy them to EAServer 5.1.0? We do not employ any functionality in reference to WebServices or any of the new Web features in PB 10.5. P.S. This question was initially posed on t...

Power Dynamo 3.5.1 errorlog
Hi all I have found in dynamo.log this error: 18:12:00: LaunchAgent: loading document /APP/application.htm 18:12:00: LaunchAgent: document loaded ... sending /application.htm 18:12:00: <GC: managing allocation failure: need 1032 bytes, type=1, action=1> 18:12:00: <GC: 88908 milliseconds since last GC> 18:12:00: <GC: not GC'ing classes: 0 verifier running> 18:12:00: <GC: freed 27686 objects, 2800704 bytes in 20 ms, 87 4771665211884118000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000...

Power Dynamo 3.5 FTP error.
I'm having problems with the FTP object instantiation on my production machine, it works fine on the development machine with the same os/software/hardware config. I tried using the command line ftp in DOS with the same login/pass info and it works fine. Symptoms: it reaches the part where it instantiate the new FTP object and it just hangs! I've done doc.writeln and it just hangs on the "new FTP (...)" call. Something in the environment settings? Anyone experienced this problem? here's the code: .. .. <code removed for readability> .. ftpSes...

Some queries relating to Power Dynamo 3.5
Hi All, Some questions: (1)What process maps onto the PowerDynamo Engine that I can monitor using an NT utility like Perfmon.exe? (2)ASP has counters called 'Requests per sec' and 'Requests Rejected' and 'Total Queue Length' in Perfmon, what are the analogs for that in powerdynamo 3.5? (3)Is Dynascript compiled or Interpreted? (4)Does PowerDynamo get limited in any way (given that the hardware resources are available), requests for say 1000 requests for the same page per second? Can it create unlimited process threads to service this need? (5)Refe...

Firefox 3.5.3 under mac os x 10.5.8 performance problems
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3.5.3 under mac os x 10.5.8 performance problems Comments: The firefox version + mac os x version combination offers poor performance. Starting firefox throws to the mac console the following messages: 17/09/09 15:08:04 [0x0-0xb70b7].org.mozilla.firefox[3545] firefox-bin(3545,0xa05eb720) malloc: *** error for object 0x5d64: Non-aligned pointer being freed 17/09/09 15:08:04 [0x0-0xb70b7].org.mozilla.firefox[3545] *** set a breakpoint in malloc_error_break to debug Maybe this causes performance problems that makes firefox practica...

3.5.5 #3
Name: luis Product: Firefox Summary: 3.5.5 Comments: no puedo descargar Earth vista Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; es-MX; rv:1.9.1.5) Gecko/20091102 Firefox/3.5.5 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

Web resources about - Power Dynamo 3.5 performance - sybase.easerver

Jada Pinkett Smith Bares It All in See-Through Dress for Will Smith's Latin GRAMMYs Performance – See ...
Jada Pinkett Smith Bares It All in See-Through Dress for Will Smith's Latin GRAMMYs Performance – See the Pics!

Supercomputing Trends: Performance Lags, China Rises, Cray Gains
While the overall performance of systems continues to increase, that growth continues to slow. We look at these and other supercomputing trends. ...

AMD’s new Radeon Crimson software crushes Catalyst, boosts performance
AMD has launched a complete overhaul of its driver stack today, with new performance boosting features, per-game overclocking, shader cache support, ...

American Music Awards 2015: Five Seconds Of Summer's 'Wall-Shaking' Performance One To Watch
The American Music Awards promises some big performances for its 2015 show, but only Five Seconds of Summer promises to "make the walls shake" ...

Latin Grammys gets political as Will Smith returns to stage in epic performance
Latin Grammys gets political as Will Smith returns to stage in epic performance

DOE Announces a High Performance Computing Fortran Compiler Agreement
... (NNSA) and its three national labs this week announced they have reached an agreement for an open-source Fortran front-end for Higher Performance ...

Miranda Lambert Felt For Gwen Stefani During ‘Used To Love You’ AMA Performance
... with Miranda Lambert’s ex-husband, Blake Shelton, the country singer was reportedly impressed with Stefani’s American Music Awards performance ...

Audi Painted Their Top Performance Cars In Super '70s Soviet-Style Wonder
Imagine your dream 1970s Soviet vacation to the beach, and this would be your color palate: leaving your grey apartment block outside Bucharest ...

Be Mesmerized by Joseph Gordon Levitt's 'Rhythm Nation' Performance
Joseph Gordon-Levitt recently paid tribute to Janet Jackson on Lip Sync Battle and it may be the best performance the show has seen so far. Gordon-Levitt ...