Oracle Connection Cache with 3.5 and Oracle 8.1.5

Anybody got any idea??? Isn't Oracle 8.1.5 supported??

TIA,
Darko Guberina, ConNova Systems

Hi,

I have the same problem as you guys. I'm running oracle 8i also and I
also
noticed that the ConnCache lib it empty.
Jaguar also complains about:
Mar 09 00:04:07 2000: AFLIB Message: 18011/11/0: DLL lookup for
'af_dll_lookup()' failed, OS Message: 'xa80.dll'
even though that file exists in my path.

Best Regards,
Darko

"Chris J. Frattinger" wrote:

> I just had the same thing happen to me this morning.
> I uninstalled the Oracle 8.0.5 client and installed the Oracle 8i
client and
> can't seem to establish a db connection cache via the OCI.dll client.
I'm
> getting the same error.  I noticed that my Repository\ConnCache folder
is
> empty, however the caches are visible in the Jag Manager(must be
stored
> somewhere else).  I know the Oracle client gets a bad wrap, but this
is
> really bad.  I verified my path and everything looks fine.  I'm
wondering if
> I will have to uninstall Jaguar 3.5 and reinstall.  For now, I'm using
the
> ODBC connection option and it has been advised to try the JDBC with
the
> Oracle Thin Client.  Give ODBC or JDBC a try.
> Chris
>
> Paul Ellis <paul.ellis@attglobal.net> wrote in message
> > I upgraded from the 3.0.1 version of EAS to 3.5.  That in itself was
> small
> > nightmare.  Now I mostly have it running except that I can no longer
get
> the
> > Connection Cache working.  I am trying to connect to Oracle 7.3.  I
have
> > deleted and recreated the cache many times.  I have uninstalled and
> > installed Jaguar 3.5 many times.  I am SURE I have all parameters
set up
> > correctly and I am pretty sure my PATH and CLASSPATH are correct.
Each
> time
> > I try to ping the error message is "The ping operation did not
complete
> > successfully.  Could not find the specified connection cache".  I
have a
> > case open with Sybase.  So far they say they can't test it because
they
> > don't have Oracle 7 available.  This used to work with EAS 3.0.1.
Has
> > anyone had a conn cache working with 3.5 going to Oracle 7.3?  I am
on NT4
> > service pack 5.  Anybody have any ideas what could be wrong?

0
Darko

PB 6.5.1, Connect to Oracle 8.1.6.3 with PBO7360.DLL (v6.5.1.620)
Hey, I've got a developer that I can't get to connect to Oracle from within the PB dev environment (PB 6.5.1). tnsping is fine, all the other Oracle utilities as well, as non-Oracle programs can connect just fine, but just not PB. If you try to configure the database connection under Oracle7, @tns:sun3500 the returned error code is ORA-01019, and then ORA-12514 (if you try again). He has the Oracle 9.2.0.1.0 SQL-net client installed. I have the same SQL-Net on my machine, and it works fine. We've tried SQL-Net 8... as well no difference, and we've re-installed PB...

PB 6.5.1, Connect to Oracle 8.1.6.3 with PBO7360.DLL (v6.5.1.620)
Hey, I've got a developer that I can't get to connect to Oracle from within the PB dev environment (PB 6.5.1). tnsping is fine, all the other Oracle utilities as well, as non-Oracle programs can connect just fine, but just not PB. If you try to configure the database connection under Oracle7, @tns:sun3500 the returned error code is ORA-01019, and then ORA-12514 (if you try again). He has the Oracle 9.2.0.1.0 SQL-net client installed. I have the same SQL-Net on my machine, and it works fine. We've tried SQL-Net 8... as well no difference, and we've re-installed PB...

connecting to Oracle 8.1.5 from Jaguar 3.5
I am trying to create a connection cache to connect from Jaguar CTS 3.5 to Oracle 8.1.5. Jaguar is running on NT 4.0 sp5. Everything works fine when using ODBC or JDBC. But I cannot connect via native Oracle interface. I created a connection cache with the following settings: Driver: OCI 8.x DLL or class name: oci.dll Server name: TNS_service_name User name: user Password: password I can connect to Oracle using SQL+ with the same service name, user and password. I have only one tnsnames.ora and one sqlnet.ora on my machine. When I am trying to ping the database I am receiving ...

DBI 1.30 & DBD::Oracle 1.12 on Solaris 8 w Perl 5.5.3 and Oracle 9.2.0
My organization is strict about adding �un-supported� software. Since Sun includes Perl 5.005 03 with Solaris 8, I can add the DBI 1.30 and the DBD::Oracle 1.12 modules but I can�t install gcc on that system. One other thing, this is all for Oracle 9.2.0. I plan to build these Perl modules on another Solaris 8 system where gcc is installed and then move the modules to the production system. MY QUESTION IS; Is this possible? I've included the output of perl -V, output of the DBD::Oracle-1.12 'make test' that had errors and the files I tar'ed up and moved t...

DBI 1.30 & DBD::Oracle-1.12 on Solaris 8 w Perl 5.5.3 & Oracle 9.2.0
My organization is strict about adding �un-supported� software. Since Solaris 8 has Perl 5.005 03 already installed, I can add the DBI 1.30 and the DBD::Oracle 1.12 modules but I can�t install gcc on that system. One other thing, this is all for Oracle 9.2.0. I plan to build these Perl modules on another Solaris 8 system where gcc is installed and then move the modules to the production system. MY QUESTION IS; Is this possible? I've included the output of perl -V, output of the DBD::Oracle-1.12 'make test' that had errors and the files I tar'ed up and moved...

DBD::Oracle (perl 5.8.0, Oracle 8.0.3, DBD-Oracle 1.12, Solaris 8) make problems (fprintf)
The only fprintf warning I googled was at http://archive.develooper.com/dbi-announce@perl.org/msg00081.html Any suggestions appreciated. I'm assuming since the perl Makefile.PL ran clean, I'm using kosher Oracle libraries (binaries worked with Perl 5.6.0). Thanks, Dave S. Appended output of (in order): make output perl Makefile.PL perl -V gcc -v >make gcc -c -I/app/oracle/product/8.0.3/rdbms/demo -I/app/oracle/product/8.0.3/rdbms /public -I/app/oracle/product/8.0.3/plsql/public -I/app/oracle/product/8.0.3/net work/public -I/app/oracle/product/8.0....

EAServer 5.3.0, Oracle 8.1.7 Database with Oracle 10.1.0.2 client VARCHAR2(4000) problem
Hello! I'm having some problems in this configuration on Windows XP. I am developing websites on an Oracle database (8.1.7), with EAServer 5.3.0 (build 53016), Java objects using JSP as a front end. Here is my problem, I have a table with 2 VARCHAR2(4000), and when I access the webpage, the they are displayed as '?????????????'. If I debug the PB component, when I affect the DW field to a variable, it displays it as it doesn't "understand" a thing (each character is replaced by a square). The codeset of EAServer is UTF8, and on my client, it is AM...

PB 6.5.1 and Oracle 8.05 & 8.1.5 #3
I have PB 6.5.1 and want to connect to Oracle 8.05 onwards maybe upto 8.1.5. After seeing all the messages about this problem, I have downloaded the file Pbo8460.dll and copied this file into PowerSoft/shared directory. Changed the PBOR860.dll into PBOR860.old.dll. Added ",O84 Oracle 8.0.4" in the vendors line of the ini file. Restarted the powerbuilder. Try to create a new profile for Oralce 8 and I am getting an error "Unable to load the requested Powersoft database interface. Please make sure both the interface and client software are properly installed." Wh...

EAServer 3.5 and Oracle (8.1.6 and 8.1.7) with oci.dll
From what I understand, there are some issues with this combination of EAServer and Oracle. However it seems to be limited to the production release of EAServer. I have the development version (C5 patch) running against local 8.1.6 and 8.1.7 databases with no issues. However, the production installation does not recognize the installed connection caches. I've tried to read through the postings, but I have not found a suitable workaround. We do intend to upgrade to EAServer 3.6.1...but not for a few months. We are actually considering going backwards with the Oracle client (t...

DBD:Oracle 1.15 fails for long.t test 195 to 198 (perl 5.8.3, oracle 8.1.7)
DBD::Oracle 1.15 fails for tests 195, 196, 197 and 198 Note that DBD::Oracle 1.14 is OK (somehwat fewer tests, so perhaps the bug isn't triggered -- I have not yet delved into the differrences between the test sets). The failure is peculiar. Oracle complains about the date format being wrong, but as I understand it the date has been OK in previous and subsequent queries. Oracle version 8.1.7.0.0 for both server and client. Sincerely, Gerard Tromp Perl data; ========== Summary of my perl5 (revision 5.0 version 8 subversion 3) configuration: Platform: osna...

RE: DBD:Oracle 1.15 fails for long.t test 195 to 198 (perl 5.8.3, oracle 8.1.7)
> -----Original Message----- > From: Tim Bunce [mailto:Tim.Bunce@pobox.com] > Sent: Thursday, January 29, 2004 1:36 PM > [snip] > If there's anyone out there using Oracle 8.1.x could you please > test DBD::Oracle 1.15 and let us know if it works or not for you? It works fine if I do 'perl Makefile.PL -l'. Without the '-l', I get the following error during test: PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 /appl/cpc/bin/perl -Iblib/arch -Iblib/lib -I/appl/cpc/lib/perl5/5.6.1/PA-RISC2.0 -I/appl/cpc/lib/perl5/5.6.1 -e 'use Test::Harness qw(&runtests $verbose);...

Connecting Oracle 8.1.5 using PB6.5.1 on Window 98
Hi all, i try to connect to oracle 8.1.5 using PB6.5.1, get the error message: ORA-12514:TNS: listener could resolve SERVICE_NAME given in connect desriptor but i able to connect via SQL Plus i have set the path ..\oracle\ora81\network\admin into autoexec.bat file, but still get the same message hope someone out there can give a clear guide. TIA. FIRST. Test your TNSNAMES.ORA It's simple - place copy of ..\oracle\ora81\network\admin\TNSNAMES.ORA to the PBL directory - Oracle will use it (on o73 it's true) SECOND. If you use o73 copy tnsnames.ora to \network\a...

need help with Connection Cache.( jaguar 3.5 has problem with oracle 8.1.7 jdbc drivers )
When I am pingging connection cache to oracle database.I am getting Ping of Test Connection Cache failed: JCM.getCache() could not retrieve cache for user/password/server values supplied. com.sybase.jaguar.util.JException: the connection cache was not found. Envir: Oracle 8.1.7v database JDBC Drivers 8.1.7 ( classes111.zip) Dll: jdbc:oracle:thin:@hostname:1521:sid EAServer: 3.5 With Same USERID/PASSWORD and Drivers, I can connect to oracle db from java application in client/server manner. thank you raji what you specified for DLL is really what should be you...

Oracle 8.1.5 driver for pb6.5 (Oracle 8i)
Does anyone know if it exists an Oracle 8.1.5 driver for pb6.5 ? You could potentially use O84 but Oracle 8.1.5 specific changes have been made for O84 in PB 7. There is no O85 driver (O84 is supposed to work for both Oracle 8.1.4 and 8.1.5). -Ashish -- Vincent Jouve <Vincent.Jouve@nestle.com> wrote in message news:01bef2c9$d4609400$676a7a8d@chvev1119.nestec.ch... > Does anyone know if it exists an Oracle 8.1.5 driver for pb6.5 ? > You can use the O84 driver or the O73 if you don't need Oracle 8 specific features. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Canadi...

Web resources about - Oracle Connection Cache with 3.5 and Oracle 8.1.5 - sybase.easerver

The Direct Connection

Is There A Connection Between Patrick Murphy's Over-The-Top Corruption And His Campaign Emails?
The DCCC may be stupid or even very stupid (as well as utterly incompetent) but their e-mail strategy is very well-planned out. Their overarching ...

Cross-cultural Connections and Exchange: international study is more important than ever
... And, as a minority of ill-intentioned individuals and groups do their best to create divides, we need citizens equipped to create connections ...

Mali arrests 2 in connection with deadly hotel attack
Mali arrests 2 in connection with deadly hotel attack