ODBC connection problem

Hello,

I'm attempting to establish an ODBC connection within a PowerBuilder
developed Jaguar component.  I've tested the exact connection within a
simple PowerBuilder client server application (using "n_tr") and the
connection works fine.

However, when I attempt to connect this transaction within the Jaguar
component I get the following:
SQLCODE=-1
SQLDBCODE=999
SQLERRTEXT="An invalid handle was passed in a call to the database driver."

This is a non-cache connection (i.e. I populate and connect the transaction
within an object function in the component itself).

Particulars:
EAServer version 3.5
Windows 2000 Professional
ODBC32.DLL version 3.520

Additional Info:
I get the exact same error when I try to establish an ODBC connection to any
other data source (AdaptiveServerAnywhere 6.0 for example).
I am able to establish a direct connection to ASA or Sybase using the native
drivers.

Grateful thanks in advance for any enlightenment you might pass along on
this issue,

Christopher Olsen




0
Christopher
9/26/2000 10:10:27 PM
sybase.easerver 11371 articles. 0 followers. Follow

3 Replies
654 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 46

This is a known issue with this ODBC version.  Either go to EAServer
3.6 or downgrade ODBC to 3.51.  There is no patch yet for 3.5.

On Tue, 26 Sep 2000 16:10:27 -0600, "Christopher Olsen"
<colsen@lanl.gov> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I'm attempting to establish an ODBC connection within a PowerBuilder
>developed Jaguar component.  I've tested the exact connection within a
>simple PowerBuilder client server application (using "n_tr") and the
>connection works fine.
>
>However, when I attempt to connect this transaction within the Jaguar
>component I get the following:
>SQLCODE=-1
>SQLDBCODE=999
>SQLERRTEXT="An invalid handle was passed in a call to the database driver."
>
>This is a non-cache connection (i.e. I populate and connect the transaction
>within an object function in the component itself).
>
>Particulars:
>EAServer version 3.5
>Windows 2000 Professional
>ODBC32.DLL version 3.520
>
>Additional Info:
>I get the exact same error when I try to establish an ODBC connection to any
>other data source (AdaptiveServerAnywhere 6.0 for example).
>I am able to establish a direct connection to ASA or Sybase using the native
>drivers.
>
>Grateful thanks in advance for any enlightenment you might pass along on
>this issue,
>
>Christopher Olsen
>
>
>
>

0
joneil
9/26/2000 10:26:25 PM
On Tue, 26 Sep 2000 22:26:25 GMT, joneil@sybase.com (Jim O'Neil
[Sybase]) wrote:

I'm having the same problem.  Does Microsoft have a download for ODBC
3.51?

Larry Molter
Digital Fusion, Inc.

>This is a known issue with this ODBC version.  Either go to EAServer
>3.6 or downgrade ODBC to 3.51.  There is no patch yet for 3.5.
>
>On Tue, 26 Sep 2000 16:10:27 -0600, "Christopher Olsen"
><colsen@lanl.gov> wrote:
>
>>Hello,
>>
>>I'm attempting to establish an ODBC connection within a PowerBuilder
>>developed Jaguar component.  I've tested the exact connection within a
>>simple PowerBuilder client server application (using "n_tr") and the
>>connection works fine.
>>
>>However, when I attempt to connect this transaction within the Jaguar
>>component I get the following:
>>SQLCODE=-1
>>SQLDBCODE=999
>>SQLERRTEXT="An invalid handle was passed in a call to the database driver."
>>
>>This is a non-cache connection (i.e. I populate and connect the transaction
>>within an object function in the component itself).
>>
>>Particulars:
>>EAServer version 3.5
>>Windows 2000 Professional
>>ODBC32.DLL version 3.520
>>
>>Additional Info:
>>I get the exact same error when I try to establish an ODBC connection to any
>>other data source (AdaptiveServerAnywhere 6.0 for example).
>>I am able to establish a direct connection to ASA or Sybase using the native
>>drivers.
>>
>>Grateful thanks in advance for any enlightenment you might pass along on
>>this issue,
>>
>>Christopher Olsen
>>
>>
>>
>>
>

0
lmolter
9/27/2000 3:15:49 AM
Hi,

AFAIK it is on the EAStudio cd 2 in the support directory.


On Wed, 27 Sep 2000 03:15:49 GMT, lmolter@interactive.net (Larry
Molter) wrote:

>On Tue, 26 Sep 2000 22:26:25 GMT, joneil@sybase.com (Jim O'Neil
>[Sybase]) wrote:
>
>I'm having the same problem.  Does Microsoft have a download for ODBC
>3.51?
>
>Larry Molter
>Digital Fusion, Inc.
>
>>This is a known issue with this ODBC version.  Either go to EAServer
>>3.6 or downgrade ODBC to 3.51.  There is no patch yet for 3.5.
>>


0
Berndt
9/27/2000 3:17:39 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Problem wit migrating Informix Firedac ODBC connection to Infx Connection
Now Firedac in XE6 supports Informix natively besides odbc, i decided to use the native way from now on. However, i came up with some odd behaviour: Take the following query: select * from fys_punt_im where nummer = "1000"; Where column nummer is of type varchar(10). When executing this query using Firedac Infx connection i get the error: ERROR: SQL state: 42S22. Native error: -217. Error message: [Informix][Informix ODBC Driver][Informix]Column (1000) not found in any table in the query (or SLV is undefined). However when executing the same query using Firedac ODBC conn...

ODBC connection problems
I am new to SQL Anywhere using version 5.5.01. When I try to establish an ODBC connection from a client machine to a network server, it usually takes between 30 and 45 seconds to establish the connection. This seems terribly slow and makes quick on-the-fly queries impracticable. Am I missing something?. I specify a server name and database name in the ODBC dsn definition but is there any more I can do to say where the network server is running? I use TCP/IP and 32bit Netware client software on windows 95 and NT 4. Also, if there is no way around this problem, is it possible to leav...

ODBC Connection Problem
Hi all... I am working on a website that uses both asp and asp.net Right now the asp connection to the Access database works fine (using DNS), but when my asp.net pages try to access the Access database using DNS and ODBC, this is the error I am getting: "ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file '(unknown)'.  It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data." Here is my connection code (C#): OdbcCommand dbCommAgent = new OdbcCommand(); OdbcConnection dbConnection = ne...

EAServer connection problems
Hi, I'm trying to make a SYJ connection in PowerBuilder, but i guet the error: "SYJ not in EAServer. Cannot conect" How can i resolve this? thanks Deolinda Hi, Do you find the pbsyj80.dll on your system (%sybase%/shared/powerbuilder)? On Tue, 28 May 2002 14:11:21 -0400, in sybase.public.easerver.j2ee <2002_05_28> wrote: >Hi, > >I'm trying to make a SYJ connection in PowerBuilder, but i guet the error: >"SYJ not in EAServer. Cannot conect" > >How can i resolve this? > >thanks >Deolinda Berndt htt...

ODBC Connection problems...
I'm attempting to connect to SQL Server through a ODBC source. I can conncect through normal means, but when I try to set it up for ODBC it cannot connect. Does any one have any ideas? The error code that I am getting is -1 for PB and 999 for SQL Server. This is the exact text: SQLSTATE = IM001 [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver does not support this function Any ideas? Thanks for your time. Jacob Aldridge > I'm attempting to connect to SQL Server through a ODBC source. I can > conncect through normal means, but when I try to set it up for ODBC it > can...

odbc connect problem
On my machine Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional Service Pack 3 I run successfully and connect to a DB2 database. When I put the compiled application on a user's machine which has (under Programs, a selection that says db2 for Windows NT) and run I get the following error: SQLDBCode 999 SQLerrtext DBMX ODBC is not supported in your current installation Does anyone have a light to shed on this one? Thanks Jerry OBrien You are missing the file DBODBxx.DLL or it is not in the path. Note xx is the version of the DLL. . /ck "Jerry OBrien" <obrienje@o...

ODBC Connection problem
Hi,... PowerBuilder 7.0.2 Anywhere 7.0 PIII 600 128 MB RAM Problem is: when i made my ini file to connect to the database, if their is any problem with connection the ODBC window appear, how can i disappear this window, i'd like to manage this window, and display my own message -- --- Thanks... Osama Diab diab98@hotmail.com i-o@link.net ...

connection odbc problem
I have a database made wiht asa 7.0 I'm connect with ODBC. Befor in ODBC profile, i have checked supply user ID and password. for development, i have write the userid and the password directly into the odbc profile. Now, i must distribue my little application. I have delete the userid and the password. My code for connect is : string ls_connect ls_connect = "connectstring='DSN=DBNAME;UID=AAAAA;PWD=ZZZZZ'" sqlca.dbms = "ODBC" sqlca.dbparm = ls_connect sqlca.userid = sle_userid.text connect using sqlca; My problem is that now, the odbc ask me...

EAServer connection Problem
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-2-dub42f49d11 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I am new to the EAServer . I am using EAServer 5.0 , While connecting to EA Server Manager it rheows error for connection as shown in attached Image . Can anyone tell me how to remove this error ? Thanks Shweta ---=_forums-2-dub42f49d11 Content-Type: image/pjpeg; name="errormsg.jpg" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="errormsg.jpg" /9j/4AAQSkZJRgABAQ...

Problem with ODBC connection
Hi, I have installed the ODBC drivers in one Win NT Server, and my application will use them to connect to a Sybase database located in other machine. When the connection is established I get the following error: [08001][INTERSOLV][ODBC SQL Server driver][SQL Server]ct_connect(): directory service layer: internal directory control layer error: Requested server name not found. What could be the cause of the problem? Sounds to me like the server entry is missing from the SQL.INI file this file is usually found in $SYBASE\ini\sql.ini it is usually not edited by hand, but...

ODBC connect problem
I use PB v 6.5 build 444 on Windows ME. I can not connect to MS Access database. When I try to open list of tables in Database painter I get an error message: "SQLSTATE=S1003 [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager]Program type out of range" PS It looks like I have same problem in Windows NT Workstation 4.0 Thanks for any suggestion Try 6.5.1. On Thu, 25 Jan 2001 22:33:34 -0800, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.connectivity Stan <sshvabsky@yahoo.com> wrote: >I use PB v 6.5 build 444 on Windows ME. >I can not connect to MS Access database. When I try to ...

ODBC Connecting Problem
Hi there, I'm using ASP and Sybase ASE 11.9.2. And I encountered a connection issue, when the .asp try connect to production db server (it works fine for development server). The follwoing is the error msg :- Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005' [INTERSOLV][ODBC SQL Server driver][SQL Server]ct_connect(): user api layer: internal Client Library error: Read from the server has timed out. Any idea ? Thanks in advance. rgs, cslook Are your production server avaliable through network? Had you tried a ping? Had been you configured ...

odbc connection problems
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0090_01C7921A.56B97C30 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="big5" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi everyone, =20 When I use ODBC to connect Microsoft SQL Server 2000.=20 The following statement will occure error=20 select emp_no,adj_date into :is_emp_no,:is_sdate from pr1sar10 tb1 where = tb1.emp_no=3D:as_emp_no and tb1.sdate=3D(select max(tb2.sdate) from = pr1sar10 tb2 where tb2.emp_no=3D:as_emp_no and tb2.sdate<=3D:as_sdate); The error message is=20 sqlcode=3D-1 sqldbcode=3D999 ...

Web resources about - ODBC connection problem - sybase.easerver

Connection - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License ;additional terms may apply. By using this site, you agree to the ...

iMedia Connection: Interactive Marketing News, Features, Podcasts and Video - iMediaConnection.com
If you send more email, you might make more money. Then again, you might destroy your reputation and revenue stream. Here's how to know what ...

HTTP persistent connection - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... tacked on to an existing protocol. If the browser supports keep-alive, it adds an additional header to the request: Following this, the connection ...

MOTHER’S DAY: Facebook Examines Connections Between Moms, Kids
With Mother’s Day on the calendar this coming Sunday, Facebook examined the relationships between mothers and their children on the social network, ...

The Direct Connection
... And the people reading my words respond back to me with words of their own. The technology that allows this is powerful but this direct connection ...

Is There A Connection Between Patrick Murphy's Over-The-Top Corruption And His Campaign Emails?
The DCCC may be stupid or even very stupid (as well as utterly incompetent) but their e-mail strategy is very well-planned out. Their overarching ...

CNN: Investigators Find ISIS Connection In San Bernardino Shooting
As the San Bernardino attack was happening, the female shooter, Tashfeen Malik posted on Facebook, pledging allegiance to ISIS leader Abu Bakr ...

Connection And Collaboration In the Cloud
Forbes technology editor Bruce Upbin deconstructs the cloud and maps its potential to your life.

Man wanted in connection to Waco biker shooting arrested in Louisiana
A man wanted in the deadly shootout involving rival motorcycle gangs earlier this year in Texas was arrested in northwest Louisiana on Wednesday, ...

Kidney Donor Connection Made After Misplaced Craigslist Ad
Man whose wife died of kidney failure becoming a donor after seeing misplaced Craigslist ad

Resources last updated: 12/6/2015 10:43:03 PM