ODBC connection errors

Hello,

We're using PB C4 components on EAServer 3.5 C4 on NT Server 4.0. Connection
caches connect to MS SQL Server 6.5 databases using ODBC. MDAC version is
3.51.

Our DBA takes the DB down for routine maintenance a few nights in the week
by disconnecting all users. When the DB is brought back up, we find hanging
connection caches. The EAServer runtime monitoring of the caches indicate
negative numbers for "Active Connections". We then begin to encounter the
following error sporadically whenever client sessions attempt to access the
database.

Dec 18 08:27:10 2000: cm__odbc_error: SQLError: 233, SQLState: 01000,
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][Named Pipes]ConnectionTransact
(TransactNamedPipe())..

We created a props file for each conn cache in the
$JAGUAR/repository/conncache folder with the following:

com.sybase.jaguar.conncache.check=SELECT 1

Doesn't seem to help. We still get the same error. Also, the EAServer
components (PowerBuilder) then get unstable (sporadically) until we bounce
EAServer.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

-JagUser.

0
JagUser

Ok, first negative numbers are bad, they tend to point to components that
are not releasing connections back to the pool.  Also, have you turned on
sanity checking?  I know that you added a cache props file, but did you turn
the option on?

Also, check your PB components and be sure that you are releasing your
connections.

Scott

"JagUser" <nowandthen@home.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> We're using PB C4 components on EAServer 3.5 C4 on NT Server 4.0.
Connection
> caches connect to MS SQL Server 6.5 databases using ODBC. MDAC version is
> 3.51.
>
> Our DBA takes the DB down for routine maintenance a few nights in the week
> by disconnecting all users. When the DB is brought back up, we find
hanging
> connection caches. The EAServer runtime monitoring of the caches indicate
> negative numbers for "Active Connections". We then begin to encounter the
> following error sporadically whenever client sessions attempt to access
the
> database.

> Dec 18 08:27:10 2000: cm__odbc_error: SQLError: 233, SQLState: 01000,
> [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][Named Pipes]ConnectionTransact
> (TransactNamedPipe())..
>
> We created a props file for each conn cache in the
> $JAGUAR/repository/conncache folder with the following:

> com.sybase.jaguar.conncache.check=SELECT 1
>
> Doesn't seem to help. We still get the same error. Also, the EAServer
> components (PowerBuilder) then get unstable (sporadically) until we bounce
> EAServer.
>
> Any thoughts? Thanks.
>
> -JagUser.

0
Scott

ODBC error: external error, while testing an ODBC connection to an ASE server
"The connection failed because of invalid or missing external configuration data." Does this have to do with the configuration of OCS-12_0 or the ocscfg.exe? Running ocscfg.exe, I've set the "SYBASE:" directory to "C:\sybase" but it doesn't seem to like it when I set the "Sybase_OCS:" to "C:\sybase\OCS-12_0". I don't know if this is related. Another idea - on the install I chose "No" to updating the msvcrt.dll (the MS C Runtime) because I've seen that hose a system before. Is this file safe to overwrite and ca...

[connect error] Interbase Connect Error
In ODBC connect test is successfully.. but in PowerBuilder 6.5 Database Profiles is displayed error message.. Error Message is SQLSTATE = 40001 [Easysoft][Interbase]Dynamic SQL Error, SQL error code = -91, feature is not supported What means this message? Now I use PowerBuilder 6.5 & Interbase 5.6... Just I choose - Profile Name - Data Source --> This is ODBC DNS..(user DNS) - User ID - Password Does it need more? ...

ODBC Connection error using IIS 5 and MS Access ODBC
Completely new at this so please forgive my ignorance! I have an app running on IIS 5 and 6 that when connecting to a SQL Db (via ODBC) app runs fine; however when switching to a local MS Access Db, application fails, generating the following message: "<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>   FAIL - ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Disk or network error. ERROR [IM006] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Disk or network error.</string&...

ODBC Connection Errors
I have been reading the Sybase.com support site and have come up with a seemingly common problem which I am experiencing. I am using a VB6 application to talk to Sybase system 10 (Version 10.0.3T4) via ODBC (DAO360) but am getting the following error message: "[INTERSOLV][ODBC SQL Server driver][SQL Server]ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Library operation terminated due to disconnect." The error is intermittent as some connections succeed whereas others do not! Does anyone know what this means or can anyone offer a solut...

Error with ODBC Connection
I got an error when I tried to attach a sybase table in Access 2.0. The error message is: [INTERSOLV][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Allocation of a Sybase Open Client Context failed. Sybase normally generates a SYBINIT.ERR file containing more specific reasons for failing. The SYBINIT.ERR file in the \ACCESS20\ directory is empty, however. I'm using Sybase 10 ODBC. Please help! Ming mingpan@netscape.net The problem you're expiriencing is the lack of environment variables for your OC. You have to set up in your station the following variables: SYBASE=OCPath INCL...

Connection Error in ODBC
I have the next error: [SYBASE][ODBC Sybase driver][Sybase] ct_connect()> user api Layer: Client Library error: error string not available. The Sybase Client is 12.0 and the Server is 12.0. The S.O. is Windows 2000 or XP ..... Can send me anything... for this problem..!!!!!!! Thanks... Sergio_Blanco wrote... > I have the next error: > > [SYBASE][ODBC Sybase driver][Sybase] ct_connect()> user api Layer: Client > Library error: error string not available. > > The Sybase Client is 12.0 and the Server is 12.0. > The S.O. is Windows 2000 or X...

ODBC Connection error
I have been given a SQL Anywhere database (version 5.5) and I am trying to connect to it via the Microsoft OLEDB Provider for ODBC and the supplied ODBC driver. I am getting an error which is not too surprising given the age of the ODBC driver (build 5.05 from Ocober 1997). My question is: Is there a more recent ODBC driver that I can get hold of from somewhere? In desparation, I've tried the latest one from Sybase for ASE (version 4.10.0000) but this doesn't seem to want to know. I am new to SQL Anywhere and I'm not sure if it is still being supported/developed....

ODBC Connect Error
Hello, I have developed an application in PB 6.0. It has compiled successfully. The application connects to the SQL Anywhere database without any problems in the development environment, but will not connect in the distributed environment. Below is the error that I am receiving. Any help would be greatly appreciated. DB Error Code: 999 DB Error Text: DBMS ODBC is not supported in your current installation. I have installed the Sybase SQL Anywhere software directly from the installation diskettes provided with PB 6.0. I have also created an entry for the DSN in the control ...

Connecting ODBC error
Hi, Now i'm using power builder 6.5. and connect with MSsql 2000, but when i connect as ODBC the problem will occur, that massage is SQLSTATE = S1003 [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Program type out of range how i solve it, Thank u from, tan Update to 6.5.1 with the latest EBF. /ck "btckns" <btckns@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:6NB1YtfBCHA.200@forums.sybase.com... > Hi, > Now i'm using power builder 6.5. and connect with MSsql 2000, > but when i connect as ODBC the problem will occur, that massage is SQLSTATE > = S1003 ...

ODBC Connection Error
Can anyone help me out? I have an app that I created in PB 6.5 that connects to an MS Access database. The first problem I had was that the last connection made to the database was the only one allowed to do any updating to the database. I had to work around that one. Any help there would be greatly appreciated. The next problem I had was after I plcaed the .exe and the database in a folder on a server so everyone could get to it. I have no problem connection and neither does a few other people who were helpin me test. The problem comes about when the end user tries to use i...

ODBC Connection Error
Hi, I have an oracle database server, and many clients who want to connect to it.Error during the connection (after CONNECT USING sqlca;) : "An error occured, yet no message was returned by the database driver." My connection is well configured (SQL*NET8 installed on the client computer), ODBC for Oracle Driver installed, and this connection code : sqlca.DBMS = "ODBC" sqlca.DBParm="ConnectString='DSN=ccbpprod;UID=ALTAIR;PWD=ALTAIR',DelimitIdentifier='No'" Any idea of the problem ??? Thanks Steve Which version of the net8 cl...

odbc connection error
// Profile EAS Demo DB V110 SQLCA.DBMS = "ODBC" SQLCA.AutoCommit = False I wrote a db connection with the default connection I test it in DB PROFILE,it's ok but when i copy it to the program,then it can't connect the db please help me solving it,thx!!! application,open event: SQLCA.DBParm = "ConnectString='DSN=EAS Demo DB V110;UID=dba;PWD=sql'" IF SQLCA.SQLCode = -1 THEN MessageBox("SQL error", SQLCA.SQLErrText) END IF Did you add Connect using SQLCA; before the IF....END IF statement? <sweet> wrote in me...

Error in ODBC connection
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-1-dub4111bbc5 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi, I have a Sybase ASE12.5 server installed on a Sun solaris machine. The server is working fine. I can connect to it from the xterminal and also from the Sybase 12.5 client. Now I need to confidure the ODBC connection too. I installed the Sybase DirectConnect TDS driver. But am not able to connect. I provided the right server ip, prot number, username and password but I keep getting the "DEFAULT_TXN_ISOLATION&quo...

ODBC Connection Error
Good Day! We're having a problem with our deployment for NV comoponents deployed as COM components in COM+. There are deployments where in we can't view chinese characters which was retrieve from a datastore in a COM component created in PB 8.0.1. But there are instances where in the deployment is OK. I've included all files the help file is saying are needed for deployment of a COM component. I tried to retrieve the data using select * from table in PB using odbc connectin for SQL Server. With this maybe im having some problem with my odbc setup or i was not av...

Web resources about - ODBC connection errors - sybase.easerver

... of Emergency Services) On Wednesday evening, California Governor Jerry Brown declared a state of emergency in Los Angeles County in connection ...

10th person arrested in connection with Paris attacks
CNN 10th person arrested in connection with Paris attacks CNN (CNN) Belgian police have arrested a 10th person in connection with last month's ...

Should auld connections be forgot...
This environmental testing company has strict data-retention requirements and they go beyond the data, reports a pilot fish on the scene. "Per ...