Net-Lib protocol driver call to register a listener failed ?

------=_NextPart_000_003B_01BE924A.4E541100

Hi there,

I met following error message in JaguarCTS server log(srv.log).
I want to know exact meaning of following messages and how can I fix following problems?

Apr 29 13:52:19 1999: SRVLIB Message: 16240/10/0: Net-Library routine
net_listen(wer.penta.co.kr 9000) failed in srv__start_listeners
Network error: status = 23 - Net-Lib protocol driver call to register a listener failed

/*--------------------------------------------------------------------*
** Powersoft Team, PENTA System Technology Inc.
** MAIL : wer@penta.co.kr
**--------------------------------------------------------------------*/

------=_NextPart_000_003B_01BE924A.4E541100

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dks_c_5601-1987" =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type><BASE=20
href=3D"file://C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft =
Shared\Stationery\">
<STYLE>BODY {
	BACKGROUND-POSITION: left top; BACKGROUND-REPEAT: no-repeat; COLOR: =
#000000; FONT-FAMILY: =B1=BC=B8=B2=C3=BC; FONT-SIZE: 10pt
}
</STYLE>

<META content=3D"MSHTML 5.00.2014.210" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>Hi there,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I met following error message in JaguarCTS server =
log(srv.log).</DIV>
<DIV>I want to know exact meaning of following messages and how can I =
fix=20
following problems?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Apr 29 13:52:19 1999: SRVLIB Message: 16240/10/0: Net-Library =
routine=20
net_listen(wer.penta.co.kr 9000) failed in =
srv__start_listeners<BR>Network=20
error: status =3D 23 - Net-Lib protocol driver call to register a =
listener=20
failed<BR></DIV><BR>/*---------------------------------------------------=
-----------------*<BR>**=20
Powersoft Team, PENTA System Technology Inc.<BR>** MAIL :=20
wer@penta.co.kr<BR>**----------------------------------------------------=
----------------*/<BR></FONT></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_003B_01BE924A.4E541100--

0
HONGILDONG

--------------84D03932C1EDE9CAF0800625

It means we were unable to start a network listener.  This could be due
to many reasons;

1) The port was in use
2) The hostname is wrong
3) You have configured the same listener twice

Dave Wolf
Internet Applications Division

HONGILDONG wrote:

> Hi there, I met following error message in JaguarCTS server
> log(srv.log).I want to know exact meaning of following messages and
> how can I fix following problems? Apr 29 13:52:19 1999: SRVLIB
> Message: 16240/10/0: Net-Library routine net_listen(wer.penta.co.kr
> 9000) failed in srv__start_listeners
> Network error: status = 23 - Net-Lib protocol driver call to register
> a listener failed
>

> /*---------------
> ----------------------------------------------------*
> ** Powersoft Team, PENTA System Technology Inc.
> ** MAIL : wer@penta.co.kr
> **-----------------------
> --------------------------------------------*/

--------------84D03932C1EDE9CAF0800625

It means we were unable to start a network listener.&nbsp; This could be
due to many reasons;
Dave Wolf
	BACKGROUND-POSITION: left top; BACKGROUND-REPEAT: no-repeat; COLOR: #000000; FONT-FAMILY: ����ü; FONT-SIZE: 10pt
}
Hi
there,&nbsp;I met following error message in JaguarCTS server log(srv.log).I
want to know exact meaning of following messages and how can I fix following
problems?&nbsp;Apr 29 13:52:19 1999: SRVLIB Message: 16240/10/0: Net-Library
routine net_listen(wer.penta.co.kr 9000) failed in srv__start_listeners
a listener failed

--------------84D03932C1EDE9CAF0800625--

0
David

------=_NextPart_000_0014_01BE9282.9CA5ADE0

Thanks for David.

Someone added new Listener on same port in my Computer.
I delete it and fix the problem.
  David Wolf <dwolf@sybase.com>��(��) �Ʒ� �޽����� news:372815EA.2F8158AF@sybase.com��
�Խ��Ͽ����ϴ�.
  It means we were unable to start a network listener.  This could be due to many reasons;
  1) The port was in use
  2) The hostname is wrong
  3) You have configured the same listener twice

------=_NextPart_000_0014_01BE9282.9CA5ADE0

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dks_c_5601-1987" =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Thanks for David.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Someone added new Listener on same port in my=20
Computer.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>I delete it and fix the problem.</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>David Wolf &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:dwolf@sybase.com">dwolf@sybase.com</A>&gt;=C0=CC(=B0=A1) =
=BE=C6=B7=A1 =B8=DE=BD=C3=C1=F6=B8=A6 <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:372815EA.2F8158AF@sybase.com">news:372815EA.2F8158AF@sybase.=
com</A>=BF=A1=20
  =B0=D4=BD=C3=C7=CF=BF=B4=BD=C0=B4=CF=B4=D9.</DIV>It means we were =
unable to start a network listener.&nbsp; This=20
  could be due to many reasons;=20
  <P>1) The port was in use <BR>2) The hostname is wrong <BR>3) You have =

  configured the same listener twice =
<BR><BR></P></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0014_01BE9282.9CA5ADE0--

0
HONGILDONG
4/29/1999 11:55:28 AM
How do you delete a listener?  I can't bring up my listeners in Jaguar
manager, because i can't connect to the localhost.

HONGILDONG wrote:

> Thanks for David. Someone added new Listener on same port in my
> Computer.I delete it and fix the problem.
>
>      David Wolf <dwolf@sybase.com>��(��) �Ʒ� �޽�����
>      news:372815EA.2F8158AF@sybase.com�� �Խ��Ͽ����ϴ�.It means
>      we were unable to start a network listener.  This could be
>      due to many reasons;
>
>      1) The port was in use
>      2) The hostname is wrong
>      3) You have configured the same listener twice

0
Alexander
11/3/2000 3:38:30 PM
You should be able to connect using the server name, but if you still can't,
the listeners are stored in property files under the Repository directory.
Each listener is in it's own .props file. You can delete the ones you don't
want.

You can also edit the jaguar.props file in the repository\server directory,
look for the listener property and edit out the ones you don't want.

I recommend a combination of the two approaches. Edit out the ones you don't
want from Jaguar.props and delete them from the listener subdirectory.

regards,
Bill

"Alexander G Kasson" <alexander.g.kasson@frb.gov> wrote in message
> How do you delete a listener?  I can't bring up my listeners in Jaguar
> manager, because i can't connect to the localhost.
>
> HONGILDONG wrote:
>
> > Thanks for David. Someone added new Listener on same port in my
> > Computer.I delete it and fix the problem.
> >
> >      David Wolf <dwolf@sybase.com>��(��) �Ʒ� �޽�����
> >      news:372815EA.2F8158AF@sybase.com�� �Խ��Ͽ����ϴ�.It means
> >      we were unable to start a network listener.  This could be
> >      due to many reasons;
> >
> >      1) The port was in use
> >      2) The hostname is wrong
> >      3) You have configured the same listener twice

0
Bill

ct_send(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Lib protocol driver call to write data failed
The below message log is a series of events happened in a Sybase client. More detail is given below. Please provide your suggestions if you have encountered this before The OS is Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 3 (Taroon Update 5) and Sybase 12.5.1. we also applied latest patches from sybase 09262005 212550 ErrorMsg: (TID3155296384) <Calling eaDatabase client callback function eaSybCtCb> 09262005 212550 ErrorMsg: (TID3155296384) <Client callback is called. Error number is <84083975> Message is <ct_send(): network packet layer: internal net library error:...

[...]

win 2000 and TCP entry in syl.ini (ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Lib protocol driver call to connect two endpoints failed)
Hallo, I've get an "ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Lib protocol driver call to connect two endpoints failed" error. I'tried to connect to database (11.9.x) via an entry like: [MyDB] master=TCP,195.178.103.120,11000 query=TCP,195.178.103.120,11000 The Server and the client running on an Windows2000 machine. If I try to connect from another pc it doesn't work, too. If I connect with NLMSNMP it works fine, but I must have an TCP because I am using JConnect! Thanks, Ralf ...

Net-Lib protocol driver call to read data failed.
Actually, I looked through those messages and didn't find the answer. Here's description of my problem. I'm using some home made C-library to work with Sybase DB. This library uses Open client lib. My code is written in Java and uses JNI calls to the C-library. In this home made library I have function to do connect to Sybase DB. Here's source code. JRN_RC JrnInitAPI(litstring username, litstring password) { CS_RETCODE rc; int status = -999; long SQLCODE = -999; SQLCA sqlCA; if (username == NULL || password == NULL || *username == 0) retu...

Net-Lib protocol driver call to read data failed
If somebody has any idea what this error means. I'm just calling ct_connect() and get this error. Dmitry wrote: > > If somebody has any idea what this error means. I'm just calling > ct_connect() and get this error. Search back in this newsgroup to the start of November last year and you'll find a post with the same subject with some follow ups. See if that helps. If not, post back with more information. -am � 2002 ...

Net-Lib protocol driver call to read data failed
From time to time we are getting the following message in the server log. Why would that be? TIA. -------------------------------------------------------------- Apr 14 17:01:41 2000: SRVLIB Message: 16240/10/0: Net-Library routine net_read() failed in srv_rawread Network error: status = 32 - Net-Lib protocol driver call to read data failed ...

Net-Lib protocol driver call to write data failed
Has anyone received this error and if so can you tell me what it means? Thanks, Steve That usually means that a client closed a socket unexpectedly and so when Jaguar tries to write a response, an error occurs. You can usually ignore the message. Allen Steve Fennessey <""steve.fennessey\"@maritz.com NOSPAM> wrote in news:SzbLI83sCHA.198@forums.sybase.com: > Has anyone received this error and if so can you tell me what it means? > Thanks, > Steve > In article <SzbLI83sCHA.198@forums.sybase.com>, Steve Fennessey <"&qu...

Net-Lib protocol driver call to read data failed #2
We are in the process of upgrading from ASE 12.0 to 12.5 on Solaris. The client connects and makes connections to 12.5 but after sometime we see this Error Message: State: 08S01 ; Msg: ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Lib protocol driver call to read data failed Operating System Error #Socket recv failed - errno 2 Sql State ZZZZZ84083974 Any idea why this error can happen? Thanks. Hi, Something does not sound correct here. "errno 2" at OS level means ENOENT, no such file or directory. However "recv" or &q...

Re: Net-Lib protocol driver call to read data failed
Actually, I looked through those messages and didn't find the answer. Here's description of my problem. I'm using some home made C-library to work with Sybase DB. This library uses Open client lib. My code is written in Java and uses JNI calls to the C-library. In this home made library I have function to do connect to Sybase DB. Here's source code. JRN_RC JrnInitAPI(litstring username, litstring password) { CS_RETCODE rc; int status = -999; long SQLCODE = -999; SQLCA sqlCA; if (username == NULL || password == NULL || *username == 0) retu...

Net Lib protocol driver call to connect two endpoints failed
We have developed an application that uses Open Server Gateway to the SQL Anywhere and the sql.edit is configured correctly but we are having a problem. When connecting for the first time no trouble; connected to database but when we close the application and reopen and try to connect again we are receiving the error message: Net Lib protocol driver connect to two endpoints failed...I am sure that the Sql.edit is the culprit but why can we connect once with no error? Please help. thanks Peggy I forgot to add that if we reboot and then try to connect no problem. But we need to ...

Calling web service results in ASP.Net development server failed to start listening on port 1031
I get this message the first time I try to run the application:ASP.Net development server failed to start listening on port 1031. Only one usage of each socket address is normally permitted.Rebooting won't fix it.The application is calling a web service with some parameters and expecting to get an XMLNode in return. Firewall getting in the way? Nope. I tested it with the firewall turned off. I can obtain the data during the "add new web service" procedure by press the "invoke" button, and that's even with the firewall turned on. Just based on your error mess...

Fail to Call EXE (Which is calling a web page) in Server with ASP.net
  Hi, I have created desktop applications in visual basic .net (Framework 2.0) which access the web information from a particular site. This application is working great. There is no problem at all. Now I want to call this exe from web, for that I have set up asp.net application, using the process class of the System.Diagnostics namespace, it is calling exe. Its is also working great when I run this from the ASP.Net Development Server.But When I setup this asp.net application into IIS. Its getting some problem and even I can not see the error or exe because aspnet user is accessing...

Calling .NET 2.0 WebService with Delphi (first call fails)
Hello, i have a simple .NET 2.0 Webservice created with VS2008. The webservice contains a method "HelloWorld" that simply returns "Hello world" as string. The method does not need headers to be sent (no authentication and so on) The client is written in D2007 with all updates applied. When i call the service for the FIRST time i get the following exception: Class EDOMParseError with message 'End tag 'ul' does not match the start tag 'p'. Line: 124 '</ul>'. It seems that this comes from an error message tha...

Web resources about - Net-Lib protocol driver call to register a listener failed ? - sybase.easerver

Kyoto Protocol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... in their carbon dioxide emissions from fuel combustion between 1990 and 2009. For more detailed country/region information, see Kyoto Protocol ...

Jarryd Hayne's return to San Francisco 49ers line-up may hinge on NFL's strict concussion protocol
After suffering a concussion in the disastrous loss to Cleveland, the man standing in Jarryd Hayne's way could find he has no choice but to sit ...

NAB joins global banks to design 'blockchain' protocols
National Australia Bank has joined 20 global global banks in a trial of technologies based on the "blockchain" that facilitates bitcoin transactions. ...

New attacks on Network Time Protocol can defeat HTTPS and create chaos
... or tamper with Bitcoin transactions, computer scientists warned Wednesday. The vulnerabilities reside in the N etwork Time Protocol , the widely ...

NFL Considering Changes to Officiating Protocol for Playoffs - Bleacher Report
With the NFL officials under the microscope more than ever, the league is contemplating making changes to officiating protocol for the postseason... ...

Theme parks add extra safety protocols - Videos - CBS News
Major U.S. theme parks across the country, including Disney, SeaWorld and Universal Studios, are tightening security measures at entry gates. ...

Terrence Jones returns to practice after passing concussion protocol
Rockets forward Terrence Jones returned to practice on Thursday after going through the NBA’s concussion protocol, saying he felt no loss of ...

IDG Contributor Network: OAuth 2.0: The protocol at the center of the universe
I am writing this article on the iPad Mini using the Editorial app. This app is connected to my Dropbox account and automatically synchronizes ...

'Routine,' 'standard,' and 'protocol' for police usually means overkill for black folks
A neighbor sees someone who may be breaking into a home. Civic-minded and filled with neighborly concern, the witness dials 911 and asks police ...

Imran promises to end VIP protocol in KP
... Imran Khan has said that his party’s government in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa will take measures to end the practice of halting traffic for VIP protocol. ...