Need general info about EAServer ?

We are currently working on a Web Application powered by EAServer on Sun-Solaris
(SPARC). I require the following information :

1. The market share of EAServer in the Application Server Market ? Also tell me
the position of EAServer ?

2. URL's of the Websites Powered with EAServer ?

3. Which Component Model is the best to deploy in EAServer 3.6 (PB or EJB or
COM) ? Is PB Component Model inferior than EJB Model with related to Performance
and other issues ?

Thanks,
Shaik

Shaik

1) According to the GIGA Group the Market share breaks down as

BEA WebLogic 30%
IBM Websphere 16%
Sybase EAServer 15%

If you look at online polls like ejbinfo.com you'll find

BEA Weblogic 33%
IBM Websphere 25%
Sybase EAServer 25%

Basically were #2 or #3 depending on your bias :)

Dave Wolf
Internet Applications Division

"David Tillotson" <atillo@bigpond.com> wrote in message
> Shaik
>
> 2. http://www.pickles.com.au
>
> 3. A personal opinion. The PB component model is very good if you have
> legacy PB code, especially reports. Otherwise, I personally would stick
> with EJB as it has more developers and can be ported to a number of other
> application servers if that becomes a requirement later.
>

> David Tillotson
> atillo@bigpond.com
>
> Shaik <shaikindia@hotmail.com> wrote in article
> <Fj67gPuWAHA.162@forums.sybase.com>...
> >
> > We are currently working on a Web Application powered by EAServer on
> Sun-Solaris
> > (SPARC). I require the following information :
> >
> > 1. The market share of EAServer in the Application Server Market ? Also
> tell me
> > the position of EAServer ?
> >
> > 2. URL's of the Websites Powered with EAServer ?
> >
> > 3. Which Component Model is the best to deploy in EAServer 3.6 (PB or
EJB
> or
> > COM) ? Is PB Component Model inferior than EJB Model with related to
> Performance
> > and other issues ?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Shaik

0
Dave
11/30/2000 10:34:28 PM
Wow Cool David.  Wanna be a reference <g>

Dave Wolf
Internet Applications Division

"David Tillotson" <atillo@bigpond.com> wrote in message
> Shaik
>
> 2. http://www.pickles.com.au
>
> 3. A personal opinion. The PB component model is very good if you have
> legacy PB code, especially reports. Otherwise, I personally would stick
> with EJB as it has more developers and can be ported to a number of other
> application servers if that becomes a requirement later.
>

> David Tillotson
> atillo@bigpond.com
>
> Shaik <shaikindia@hotmail.com> wrote in article
> <Fj67gPuWAHA.162@forums.sybase.com>...
> >
> > We are currently working on a Web Application powered by EAServer on
> Sun-Solaris
> > (SPARC). I require the following information :
> >
> > 1. The market share of EAServer in the Application Server Market ? Also
> tell me
> > the position of EAServer ?
> >
> > 2. URL's of the Websites Powered with EAServer ?
> >
> > 3. Which Component Model is the best to deploy in EAServer 3.6 (PB or
EJB
> or
> > COM) ? Is PB Component Model inferior than EJB Model with related to
> Performance
> > and other issues ?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Shaik

0
Dave
11/30/2000 10:34:57 PM
Shaik

2. http://www.pickles.com.au

3. A personal opinion. The PB component model is very good if you have
legacy PB code, especially reports. Otherwise, I personally would stick
with EJB as it has more developers and can be ported to a number of other
application servers if that becomes a requirement later.

David Tillotson
atillo@bigpond.com

Shaik <shaikindia@hotmail.com> wrote in article
<Fj67gPuWAHA.162@forums.sybase.com>...

> We are currently working on a Web Application powered by EAServer on
Sun-Solaris
> (SPARC). I require the following information :
>
> 1. The market share of EAServer in the Application Server Market ? Also
tell me
> the position of EAServer ?
>
> 2. URL's of the Websites Powered with EAServer ?
>
> 3. Which Component Model is the best to deploy in EAServer 3.6 (PB or EJB
or
> COM) ? Is PB Component Model inferior than EJB Model with related to
Performance
> and other issues ?
>
> Thanks,
> Shaik

0
David
Dave
few times &lt;g>
down as
have
stick
of other
on
? Also
(PB or

0
adam

------=_NextPart_000_005B_01C05B08.72EA0820

If you can vote twice so can anyone else.

My point was their data and GIGA basically match up.

Dave Wolf
Internet Applications Division

  "adam simmonds" <asimmond@mail.usyd.edu.au> wrote in message =
  Dave=20
  I would think that this poll is a little inflated, i know i voted a =
few times <g>=20
  But having said that the other servers could be inflated as well.=20
  A.=20
  "Dave Wolf [Sybase]" wrote:=20

    1) According to the GIGA Group the Market share breaks down as=20
    BEA WebLogic 30%=20
    IBM Websphere 16%=20
    Sybase EAServer 15%=20

    If you look at online polls like ejbinfo.com you'll find=20

    BEA Weblogic 33%=20
    IBM Websphere 25%=20
    Sybase EAServer 25%=20

    Basically were #2 or #3 depending on your bias :)=20

    Dave Wolf=20
    Internet Applications Division=20

    "David Tillotson" <atillo@bigpond.com> wrote in message=20
    > Shaik=20
    >=20
    > 2. http://www.pickles.com.au=20
    >=20
    > 3. A personal opinion. The PB component model is very good if you =
have=20
    > legacy PB code, especially reports. Otherwise, I personally would =
stick=20
    > with EJB as it has more developers and can be ported to a number =
of other=20
    > application servers if that becomes a requirement later.=20
    >=20
    >=20
    > David Tillotson=20
    > atillo@bigpond.com=20
    >=20
    > Shaik <shaikindia@hotmail.com> wrote in article=20
    > <Fj67gPuWAHA.162@forums.sybase.com>...=20
    > >=20
    > > We are currently working on a Web Application powered by =
EAServer on=20
    > Sun-Solaris=20
    > > (SPARC). I require the following information :=20
    > >=20
    > > 1. The market share of EAServer in the Application Server Market =
? Also=20
    > tell me=20
    > > the position of EAServer ?=20
    > >=20
    > > 2. URL's of the Websites Powered with EAServer ?=20
    > >=20
    > > 3. Which Component Model is the best to deploy in EAServer 3.6 =
(PB or=20
    EJB=20
    > or=20
    > > COM) ? Is PB Component Model inferior than EJB Model with =
related to=20
    > Performance=20
    > > and other issues ?=20
    > >=20
    > > Thanks,=20
    > > Shaik=20

  --=20
  Adam Simmonds=20
  Senior Developer=20
  FlexSIS Project=20
  Maze Crescent, Building G05=20
  University of Sydney NSW  2006=20
  Email: asimmond@mail.usyd.edu.au=20
  Phone:  +61 2  9351 5174=20
  Mb: 0403 341 474=20
  Fax:  +61 2  9351 7711=20
  --------------------------------------=20
  I've always wanted to be somebody,=20
  but I should have been more specific!=20
   =20

------=_NextPart_000_005B_01C05B08.72EA0820

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>If you can vote twice so can anyone=20
else.</FONT></DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>
<DIV><BR>My point was their data and GIGA basically match up.</DIV>
<DIV><BR>Dave Wolf</DIV>
<DIV>Internet Applications Division</DIV>
<DIV></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
  <DIV>"adam simmonds" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:asimmond@mail.usyd.edu.au">asimmond@mail.usyd.edu.au</A>&g=
t;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:3A26E71F.1BF255D3@mail.usyd.edu.au">news:3A26E71F.1BF255D3@m=
ail.usyd.edu.au</A>...</DIV>Dave=20
  <BR>I would think that this poll is a little inflated, i know i voted =
a few=20
  times &lt;g&gt; <BR>But having said that the other servers could be =
inflated=20
  as well. <BR>A.=20
  <P>"Dave Wolf [Sybase]" wrote:=20
  <BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=3D"CITE">1) According to the GIGA Group the Market =
share=20
    breaks down as=20
    <P>BEA WebLogic 30% <BR>IBM Websphere 16% <BR>Sybase EAServer 15%=20
    <P>If you look at online polls like ejbinfo.com you'll find=20
    <P>BEA Weblogic 33% <BR>IBM Websphere 25% <BR>Sybase EAServer 25%=20
    <P>Basically were #2 or #3 depending on your bias :)=20
    <P>Dave Wolf <BR>Internet Applications Division=20
    <P>"David Tillotson" &lt;atillo@bigpond.com&gt; wrote in message =
<BR><A=20
    =
href=3D"news:01c05b13$8aabe040$5c01a8c0@HO14">news:01c05b13$8aabe040$5c01=
a8c0@HO14</A>...=20
    <BR>&gt; Shaik <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; 2. <A=20
    href=3D"http://www.pickles.com.au">http://www.pickles.com.au</A> =
<BR>&gt;=20
    <BR>&gt; 3. A personal opinion. The PB component model is very good =
if you=20
    have <BR>&gt; legacy PB code, especially reports. Otherwise, I =
personally=20
    would stick <BR>&gt; with EJB as it has more developers and can be =
ported to=20
    a number of other <BR>&gt; application servers if that becomes a =
requirement=20
    later. <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; David Tillotson <BR>&gt;=20
    atillo@bigpond.com <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Shaik =
&lt;shaikindia@hotmail.com&gt;=20
    wrote in article <BR>&gt; =
&lt;Fj67gPuWAHA.162@forums.sybase.com&gt;...=20
    <BR>&gt; &gt; <BR>&gt; &gt; We are currently working on a Web =
Application=20
    powered by EAServer on <BR>&gt; Sun-Solaris <BR>&gt; &gt; (SPARC). I =
require=20
    the following information : <BR>&gt; &gt; <BR>&gt; &gt; 1. The =
market share=20
    of EAServer in the Application Server Market ? Also <BR>&gt; tell me =

    <BR>&gt; &gt; the position of EAServer ? <BR>&gt; &gt; <BR>&gt; &gt; =
2.=20
    URL's of the Websites Powered with EAServer ? <BR>&gt; &gt; <BR>&gt; =
&gt; 3.=20
    Which Component Model is the best to deploy in EAServer 3.6 (PB or =
<BR>EJB=20
    <BR>&gt; or <BR>&gt; &gt; COM) ? Is PB Component Model inferior than =
EJB=20
    Model with related to <BR>&gt; Performance <BR>&gt; &gt; and other =
issues ?=20
    <BR>&gt; &gt; <BR>&gt; &gt; Thanks, <BR>&gt; &gt; Shaik=20
  <BR>&gt;</P></BLOCKQUOTE>
  <P>-- <BR>Adam Simmonds <BR>Senior Developer <BR>FlexSIS Project =
<BR>Maze=20
  Crescent, Building G05 <BR>University of Sydney NSW&nbsp; 2006 =
<BR>Email:=20
  asimmond@mail.usyd.edu.au <BR>Phone:&nbsp; +61 2&nbsp; 9351 5174 =
<BR>Mb: 0403=20
  341 474 <BR>Fax:&nbsp; +61 2&nbsp; 9351 7711=20
  <BR>-------------------------------------- <BR>I've always wanted to =
be=20
  somebody, <BR>but I should have been more specific! <BR>&nbsp;=20
</P></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_005B_01C05B08.72EA0820--

0
Dave
I agree, i predict that Sybase will be the leader in under 12 months :-)
you can vote twice so can anyone else.</font></font>&nbsp;
match up.</font></font>&nbsp;
Applications Division</font></font>&nbsp;
style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">"adam
simmonds" &lt;<a href="mailto:asimmond@mail.usyd.edu.au">asimmond@mail.usyd.edu.au</a>>
wrote in message <a href="news:3A26E71F.1BF255D3@mail.usyd.edu.au">news:3A26E71F.1BF255D3@mail.usyd.edu.au</a>...Dave
few times &lt;g>
breaks down as
have
stick
of other
on
? Also
(PB or
--

0
adam

It also should keep the "Jaguar" name which is way catchier than "EAServer"
and lends itself to cool "Jaguar-mascots" and cool ads with Jaguars eating
stuff like Weblogics and Webspheres.

Lastly dump the "men in black" and get a new marketing company!

My 2cents
--
Mike Barlotta
Director of Technology

I agree, i predict that Sybase will be the leader in under 12 months :-)
A.

--
Adam Simmonds
Senior Developer
University of Sydney NSW  2006
Email: asimmond@mail.usyd.edu.au
Phone:  +61 2  9351 5174
Mb: 0403 341 474
Fax:  +61 2  9351 7711
--------------------------------------
I've always wanted to be somebody,
but I should have been more specific!

--
Adam Simmonds
Senior Developer
FlexSIS Project
Maze Crescent, Building G05
University of Sydney NSW  2006
Email: asimmond@mail.usyd.edu.au
Phone:  +61 2  9351 5174
Mb: 0403 341 474
Fax:  +61 2  9351 7711
--------------------------------------
I've always wanted to be somebody,
but I should have been more specific!

0
Mike

------=_NextPart_000_0183_01C05B88.333C65D0

--
Adam Simmonds
Senior Developer
University of Sydney NSW  2006
Email: asimmond@mail.usyd.edu.au
Phone:  +61 2  9351 5174
Mb: 0403 341 474
Fax:  +61 2  9351 7711
--------------------------------------
I've always wanted to be somebody,
but I should have been more specific!

--
Adam Simmonds
Senior Developer
FlexSIS Project
Maze Crescent, Building G05
University of Sydney NSW  2006
Email: asimmond@mail.usyd.edu.au
Phone:  +61 2  9351 5174
Mb: 0403 341 474
Fax:  +61 2  9351 7711
--------------------------------------
I've always wanted to be somebody,
but I should have been more specific!

------=_NextPart_000_0183_01C05B88.333C65D0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>Not w/o some serious marketing.<BR>Don't get me =
wrong I=20
think the product is awesome so I am not talking about<BR>product x =
product=20
comparision, BUT Sybase must get a more aggressive<BR>marketing scheme =
and tout=20
what they do well much louder.<BR><BR>It also should keep the "Jaguar" =
name=20
which is way catchier than "EAServer"<BR>and lends itself to cool=20
"Jaguar-mascots" and cool ads with Jaguars eating<BR>stuff like =
Weblogics and=20
Webspheres.<BR><BR>Lastly dump the "men in black" and get a new =
marketing=20
company!<BR><BR>My 2cents<BR>--<BR>Mike Barlotta<BR>Director of=20
Technology<BR>AEGIS Consulting<BR>Jaguar Tips available @ <A=20
href=3D"http://www.erols.com/m.barlotta">www.erols.com/m.barlotta</A><BR>=
<BR><BR><BR>adam=20
simmonds &lt;<A=20
href=3D"mailto:asimmond@mail.usyd.edu.au">asimmond@mail.usyd.edu.au</A>&g=
t; wrote=20
in message<BR><A=20
href=3D"news:3A2734F5.C48353BE@mail.usyd.edu.au">news:3A2734F5.C48353BE@m=
ail.usyd.edu.au</A>...<BR>I=20
agree, i predict that Sybase will be the leader in under 12 months=20
:-)<BR>A.<BR>"Dave Wolf [Sybase]" wrote:<BR>If you can vote twice so can =
anyone=20
else.<BR>My point was their data and GIGA basically match up.<BR>Dave=20
WolfInternet Applications Division<BR>"adam simmonds" &lt;<A=20
href=3D"mailto:asimmond@mail.usyd.edu.au">asimmond@mail.usyd.edu.au</A>&g=
t; wrote=20
in message<BR><A=20
href=3D"news:3A26E71F.1BF255D3@mail.usyd.edu.au...Dave">news:3A26E71F.1BF=
255D3@mail.usyd.edu.au...Dave</A><BR>I=20
would think that this poll is a little inflated, i know i voted a =
few<BR>times=20
&lt;g&gt;<BR>But having said that the other servers could be inflated as =

well.<BR>A.<BR>"Dave Wolf [Sybase]" wrote:<BR>1) According to the GIGA =
Group the=20
Market share breaks down as<BR>BEA WebLogic 30%<BR>IBM Websphere =
16%<BR>Sybase=20
EAServer 15%<BR>If you look at online polls like ejbinfo.com you'll =
find<BR>BEA=20
Weblogic 33%<BR>IBM Websphere 25%<BR>Sybase EAServer 25%<BR>Basically =
were #2 or=20
#3 depending on your bias :)<BR>Dave Wolf<BR>Internet Applications=20
Division<BR>"David Tillotson" &lt;<A=20
href=3D"mailto:atillo@bigpond.com">atillo@bigpond.com</A>&gt; wrote in=20
a8c0@HO14</A>...<BR>&gt;=20
Shaik<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; 2. <A=20
href=3D"http://www.pickles.com.au">http://www.pickles.com.au</A><BR>&gt;<=
BR>&gt;=20
3. A personal opinion. The PB component model is very good if you =
have<BR>&gt;=20
legacy PB code, especially reports. Otherwise, I personally would =
stick<BR>&gt;=20
with EJB as it has more developers and can be ported to a number of=20
other<BR>&gt; application servers if that becomes a requirement=20
later.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; David Tillotson<BR>&gt; <A=20
href=3D"mailto:atillo@bigpond.com">atillo@bigpond.com</A><BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;=
 Shaik=20
&lt;<A =
href=3D"mailto:shaikindia@hotmail.com">shaikindia@hotmail.com</A>&gt; =
wrote=20
in article<BR>&gt; &lt;<A=20
href=3D"mailto:Fj67gPuWAHA.162@forums.sybase.com">Fj67gPuWAHA.162@forums.=
sybase.com</A>&gt;...<BR>&gt;=20
&gt;<BR>&gt; &gt; We are currently working on a Web Application powered =
by=20
EAServer on<BR>&gt; Sun-Solaris<BR>&gt; &gt; (SPARC). I require the =
following=20
information :<BR>&gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt; 1. The market share of EAServer =
in the=20
Application Server Market ? Also<BR>&gt; tell me<BR>&gt; &gt; the =
position of=20
EAServer ?<BR>&gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt; 2. URL's of the Websites Powered =
with=20
EAServer ?<BR>&gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt; 3. Which Component Model is the =
best to=20
deploy in EAServer 3.6 (PB or<BR>EJB<BR>&gt; or<BR>&gt; &gt; COM) ? Is =
PB=20
Component Model inferior than EJB Model with related to<BR>&gt;=20
Performance<BR>&gt; &gt; and other issues ?<BR>&gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;=20
Thanks,<BR>&gt; &gt; Shaik<BR>&gt;<BR>--<BR>Adam Simmonds<BR>Senior=20
Developer<BR>FlexSIS Project<BR>Maze Crescent, Building =
G05<BR>University of=20
Sydney NSW&nbsp; 2006<BR>Email: <A=20
href=3D"mailto:asimmond@mail.usyd.edu.au">asimmond@mail.usyd.edu.au</A><B=
R>Phone:&nbsp;=20
+61 2&nbsp; 9351 5174<BR>Mb: 0403 341 474<BR>Fax:&nbsp; +61 2&nbsp; 9351 =

7711<BR>--------------------------------------<BR>I've always wanted to =
be=20
somebody,<BR>but I should have been more specific!<BR><BR>--<BR>Adam=20
Simmonds<BR>Senior Developer<BR>FlexSIS Project<BR>Maze Crescent, =
Building=20
G05<BR>University of Sydney NSW&nbsp; 2006<BR>Email: <A=20
href=3D"mailto:asimmond@mail.usyd.edu.au">asimmond@mail.usyd.edu.au</A><B=
R>Phone:&nbsp;=20
+61 2&nbsp; 9351 5174<BR>Mb: 0403 341 474<BR>Fax:&nbsp; +61 2&nbsp; 9351 =

7711<BR>--------------------------------------<BR>I've always wanted to =
be=20
somebody,<BR>but I should have been more =
specific!<BR><BR><BR></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0183_01C05B88.333C65D0--

0
Mike
Mike
Not w/o some serious marketing.
about
eating
wrote in message
:-)
wrote in message
few
wrote in message
have
stick
of other
wrote in article
on
? Also
(PB or

0
Adam

EAserver to Easerver calls
We have a central server that makes calls to other jaguar servers located on different machines. If the calling component uses transactions, then whenever it connects to a component on another system we get errors in the server log in regards to invalid transactions (see below for actual error) on both the calling and called servers. These errors cause a rollback in the calling component. The code in the called component executes properly. If we set the transaction type to 'not supported' all works well, but we lose the ability to take advantage of EAServer's transactio...

Need more info about EAServer and Certificates
Here's my setup: Win2000, EAServer 3.6.1 C2 EAServer is setup as a web server. I have two listeners. One for HTTP and one for HTTPS. The server is on a DMZ and is known internally as serverA.my.domain. Externally, it will be known as www.domain.com. I got a certificate from THAWTE for www.domain.com and I installed it. So far so good. But I need to know how to correctly setup Jaguar so the user will not have a popup box stating that the certificate name do not match the server name. Any suggestion? Thanks! Richard This was listed as a bug about two month...

EAServer Evangilist Needed
www.slashdot.org currently has a post from someone who says: "I would like to program distributed systems using the same code base on multiple platforms and multiple languages therefore I am asking around..." No one yet has mentioned EAStudio/EAServer...(I'm a fan, but couldn't do it justice) --Eric Rector Harborside Graphics Sportswear I took a look at the thread and with his cost issues, I decided not to touch it. He was complaining about ORBs that were in the US$3000 range so I didn't bother mentioning Jaguar. Anyone else take a look at it and get...

EAServer
Thank you for a quick response. Is there anwhere I can go on this site, or any books that would get into greater detail on each of the EAServer components and what I might need to deploy and application? Thanks Jim In article <99E13501EB06AEA6005C74AD85256A63.005C74BA85256A63 @webforums>, Jim_Benson says... > Thank you for a quick response. > > Is there anwhere I can go on this site, or any books that would > get into greater detail on each of the EAServer components and what > I might need to deploy and application? There are a two PB/Jaguar books o...

EAServer Evangelist Needed Again
Slashdot.org has another message thread about best architecture for thin client development: http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=99/10/17/232232&mode=thread I know someone else out there can explain the advantages of EAServer in this context much better than I can. Right now PowerBuilder has been mentioned, but lumped with VB, Delphi, and Oracle Forms as "thicker [client]" than HTML and X." --Eric Rector Harborside Graphics Sportswear ...

How to check the EAserver info
Hi Friends, I would like to check and log the EAserver info at the time of connection to the EAServer. Can somebody give best way of implementing this. Thanks in advance Narayana Write to the server log file. a. RAO wrote: > Hi Friends, > > I would like to check and log the EAserver info at the time of connection to > the EAServer. > > Can somebody give best way of implementing this. > > Thanks in advance > > Narayana -- Adam Simmonds Lead Analyst/Programmer � Web Development Student Administration Program Major Projects G...

Creating Instance of EAServer component from another EAServer
Hello, Does anybody know how to create instance of EAServer standart component from another EAServer component. this code below doesn't work from EAServer environment but works from regular windows SDI appliication: *************************************************** long ret connection con n_cdx_account acct con = create connection con.application = "cytradex_services" con.driver = "jaguar" con.location = "PHOBOS:9000" con.userid = "jagadmin" con.password = "123" ret = con.connecttoserver() inv_...

EAServer
Hi! The EAServer version that comes with PowerBuilder Studio can be used as a DataBase server in a multiuser application (for 10 users)? or Is it necessary to buy another multi-user version? TIA EAServer is an application server not a database server. Do you mean ASA? In either case, you cannot deploy either without buying additional licenses. /ck <A_Dev> wrote in message news:E9DDBBCFFA81B04D008299CC85256B4A.008299E285256B4A@webforums... > Hi! > The EAServer version that comes with PowerBuilder Studio can be used as a > DataBase server in a multiuser appl...

EAServer comparisons needed
Does anyone know where I can find comparisons between Sybase's EAServer and Microsoft's MTS done by a third-party? I have a client that is unsure of which platform to go with (even though they are a PowerBuilder shop). They'd like to make a recommendation based on third-party comparisons and shoot-outs if any are available. It wasn't enough that I went in there and pitched the strong points of EAStudio - they want numbers. If anyone can point me to a white paper or a website, I'd be very appreciative. TIA Larry Molter digital fusion, inc., Tampa We are i...

EAServer
How about a version of jaguar that doesn't crash every 10min when your developping. And while you're at it, how about speeding up the damn thing! Cause jaguar is a great tool, but every now and then it REALY gets up your spine !!! :-) Well this group is for PowerBuilder discussions, but what version are you using? Mine (4.0 and 4.1) haven't crashed once. As for speeding it up, what do you have in mind? I find it pretty fast already for the things I do. Regards, Dave Fish [TeamSybase] On Thu, 21 Mar 2002 12:02:44 +0100, "De Permentier Davy" <...

EASERVER 3.5 and EASERVER 3.6
Hi ALL Who can tell me the difference between with EASERVER 3.5 and EASERVER 3.6 (EASERVER 3.6.1) thanks 361 is J2EE 1.2 complianant 36 is close to being compliant, and the final features are in 361 for J2EE 1.2 EAS 35 supports ejb 1.0. I strongly suggest you upgrade to 361. ...

EAServer General Questions
Hello group, I trying to find some info that a customer asked but I cannot. Here they are: 1. Benchmarks in the TCP-W standard 2. Documented info regarding SMP (support, load balancing). I only found 3 lines in the EAServer manuals 3. Any documented info regarding the max concurent users etc. I know that it is 60-80 per cpu but there is no document showing these things. If anyone can help please do Regards Dimitris Karistinos 3) "CPU Sizing for Concurrent Client Connections to EAServer." id=1019577 Also see from Jonathan Baker in a thread here called &qu...

easerver.general slow?
I've noticed that forums.sybase.easerver.general (and webforums.sybase.easerver.general) has been running <very slowly> since it had it's uptime problems a few weeks ago. Is this just me, or is it a common problem? I'm using Outlook as my reader... D I see no difference. "Daniel Coppersmith" <daniel@N.0.S.P.A.M_infrontsoftware.com> wrote in message news:DaIHcNkYBHA.374@forums.sybase.com... > I've noticed that forums.sybase.easerver.general (and > webforums.sybase.easerver.general) has been running <very slowly> since it ...

EaServer
Dear friends: I am deploying an simple application 3-tier, but when i do that i get the error code -1 when i execute the next sentence: //n_cst_simple_component is a metod from my application n_cst_simple_component lnv_calc lnv_conn = create connection lnv_conn.driver = "Jaguar" lnv_conn.application= "componente" lnv_conn.location = "10.51.5.158:9989" lnv_conn.CreateInstance() ll_rtn = lnv_conn.CreateInstance(lnv_calc, "n_cst_simple_component") // here, I get the code error - 1 I need your help to run my application Thanks Did ...

Web resources about - Need general info about EAServer ? - sybase.easerver

Java IO - Real's HowTo

Sybase Product Documentation
Sybase On-line Product Manuals

Why Choose Jetty? - Webtide
There are several open source HTTP servers and Servlet Containers available: Eclipse Jetty, Apache Tomcat, Glassfish, Resin, so a frequently ...

Contact Us - Trusted SSL Certificate - Wildcard SSL Certificate - SSL
To contact Entrust online-support, see this page for phone, fax, email and hours of operation. Or to track a service request (SR), fill out the ...

Jetty Documentation - Jetty - Codehaus

Liquidmatrix Security Digest - Default Passwords List - Liquidmatrix Security Digest
A large portion of this list was compiled using the great work by Phenoelit [table id=2 /]

Sow Ching Shiong - Vulnerability Research: Directory Traversal
Description Sybase EAServer is the leading solution for distributed and Web-enabled PowerBuilder applications. EA Server can be used to run ...

Powerbuilder Consultant, Powerbuilder Migration and Bespoke Software Development in West Sussex
Based in West Sussex UK, Powersoft offer a wide range of bespoke software development services. Our Powerbuilder & EAServer developers have 20 ...

Java Networking - Real's HowTo