Linux News

As some of you may or may not have seen, Sybase announced they are creating
a Linux port of EAServer to be released later this year.  This was announced
as part of the LinuxWorld Expo last week.  After the announcement, EAS won
the "Best of Show" award from votes placed by show attendees!

http://www.linuxworld.com/linuxworld/linuxworldtoday/lwt-news3.html

Dave Wolf
Internet Applications Division

0
Dave

Hi

Will there be a beta of this product ? I am very interested !

Marco Laponder
(mlr@interchain.nl)

Dave Wolf [Sybase] heeft geschreven in bericht ...
>As some of you may or may not have seen, Sybase announced they are creating
>a Linux port of EAServer to be released later this year.  This was
announced
>as part of the LinuxWorld Expo last week.  After the announcement, EAS won
>the "Best of Show" award from votes placed by show attendees!
>
>http://www.linuxworld.com/linuxworld/linuxworldtoday/lwt-news3.html
>
>Dave Wolf
>Internet Applications Division

0
Marco
8/16/1999 9:46:35 AM
Yes, I will announce it here.

Marco Laponder wrote in message <4bZPBu85#GA.275@forums.sybase.com>...
>Hi
>
>Will there be a beta of this product ? I am very interested !
>
>Marco Laponder
>(mlr@interchain.nl)
>

>Dave Wolf [Sybase] heeft geschreven in bericht ...
>>As some of you may or may not have seen, Sybase announced they are
creating
>>a Linux port of EAServer to be released later this year.  This was
>announced
>>as part of the LinuxWorld Expo last week.  After the announcement, EAS won
>>the "Best of Show" award from votes placed by show attendees!
>>
>>http://www.linuxworld.com/linuxworld/linuxworldtoday/lwt-news3.html
>>
>>Dave Wolf
>>Internet Applications Division

0
Dave
8/16/1999 11:55:02 AM
Thats outstanding!
I know at one point Adaptive Server was available for Linux.. Is ASA6 also
available for Linux?

Mike

Dave Wolf [Sybase] wrote in message ...
>As some of you may or may not have seen, Sybase announced they are creating
>a Linux port of EAServer to be released later this year.  This was
announced
>as part of the LinuxWorld Expo last week.  After the announcement, EAS won
>the "Best of Show" award from votes placed by show attendees!
>
>http://www.linuxworld.com/linuxworld/linuxworldtoday/lwt-news3.html
>
>Dave Wolf
>Internet Applications Division

0
Mike
8/16/1999 2:25:48 PM
Yes, SYBS already has ASE for Linux, we will also be adding ASE11.9.2.  As
well, ASA is already ported to Linux, and EAS will be there later this year.
We're already demo'ing it.  Realize by EAS winning that award it meant we
bumped out Apache to get it.  Pretty slick IMHO.

Mike Everett wrote in message ...
>Thats outstanding!
>I know at one point Adaptive Server was available for Linux.. Is ASA6 also
>available for Linux?
>
>Mike
>
>Dave Wolf [Sybase] wrote in message ...
>>As some of you may or may not have seen, Sybase announced they are
creating
>>a Linux port of EAServer to be released later this year.  This was
>announced
>>as part of the LinuxWorld Expo last week.  After the announcement, EAS won
>>the "Best of Show" award from votes placed by show attendees!
>>
>>http://www.linuxworld.com/linuxworld/linuxworldtoday/lwt-news3.html
>>
>>Dave Wolf
>>Internet Applications Division

0
Dave
8/16/1999 2:37:14 PM
How do I get Sybase products for Linux (e.g. ASE) ?
I'm also interested in an EAS beta for Linux.
Great Job !

Andrew Schonberger

"Dave Wolf [Sybase]" wrote:

> Yes, SYBS already has ASE for Linux, we will also be adding ASE11.9.2.  As
> well, ASA is already ported to Linux, and EAS will be there later this year.
> We're already demo'ing it.  Realize by EAS winning that award it meant we
> bumped out Apache to get it.  Pretty slick IMHO.
>
> Dave Wolf
> Internet Applications Division
>
> Mike Everett wrote in message ...
> >Thats outstanding!
> >I know at one point Adaptive Server was available for Linux.. Is ASA6 also
> >available for Linux?
> >
> >Mike
> >
> >Dave Wolf [Sybase] wrote in message ...
> >>As some of you may or may not have seen, Sybase announced they are
> creating
> >>a Linux port of EAServer to be released later this year.  This was
> >announced
> >>as part of the LinuxWorld Expo last week.  After the announcement, EAS won
> >>the "Best of Show" award from votes placed by show attendees!
> >>
> >>http://www.linuxworld.com/linuxworld/linuxworldtoday/lwt-news3.html
> >>
> >>Dave Wolf
> >>Internet Applications Division

0