JDBC Connection Cache gives error when connection

Trying to connect in Powerbuilder NVO using JDBC and the EASDemo database
I get the error:

java.sql.SQLException: Column not found
at
sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcResultSet.findColumn(JdbcOdbcResultSet.java:1527)
at
com.sybase.powerbuilder.jdbc.PbjdbcRowSet.GetColumnBoolean(PbjdbcRowSet.j
ava:846)

But this just on the connect, I haven't gone near a datawindow yet.  Any
ideas?

TIA,
Tim
0
Tim

Which DB are you connecting to ?
If you are going against ASE or ASA try the jConnect driver...

The error that you are getting indicates that the jdbc driver is not
compliant to the jdbc spec. I could be wrong...

At the time of connect the PB jdbc driver needs some information and for
that it calls some jdbc routines which generate a result set for which you
are getting the errors.

-Ashish

"Tim Nesham" <tim.nesham@born.com> wrote in message
> Trying to connect in Powerbuilder NVO using JDBC and the EASDemo database
> I get the error:
>
> java.sql.SQLException: Column not found
> at
> sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcResultSet.findColumn(JdbcOdbcResultSet.java:1527)
> at
> com.sybase.powerbuilder.jdbc.PbjdbcRowSet.GetColumnBoolean(PbjdbcRowSet.j
> ava:846)
>
> But this just on the connect, I haven't gone near a datawindow yet.  Any
> ideas?
>
> TIA,
> Tim

0
Ashish
5/22/2000 10:19:10 PM
Tim,

What JDBC driver are you using?  We've seen this a couple of times and
in each case, it's been found to be a problem where the JDBC driver
vendor didn't follow the spec to the letter.  Our [PBJDS70.DLL]
developers have 'loosened' their intepretation of the spec for DB2
JDBC (and I think Informix) but it's been pretty recent.

Let me know what driver your running and I'll see if it's something we
know about and is either fixed or in the works.

Jim O'Neil

On Mon, 22 May 2000 15:41:09 -0500, Tim Nesham <tim.nesham@born.com>
wrote:

>Trying to connect in Powerbuilder NVO using JDBC and the EASDemo database
>I get the error:
>
>java.sql.SQLException: Column not found
>at
>sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcResultSet.findColumn(JdbcOdbcResultSet.java:1527)
>at
>com.sybase.powerbuilder.jdbc.PbjdbcRowSet.GetColumnBoolean(PbjdbcRowSet.j
>ava:846)
>
>But this just on the connect, I haven't gone near a datawindow yet.  Any
>ideas?
>
>TIA,
>Tim

0
joneil
5/22/2000 10:22:02 PM
I am just using a PB component in Jaguar. The connection cache says:
sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver.  I recently installed EAS on this machine
with all patched and EBFs I know of.
Patch: SWR8914.zip
EBF: 7028030.zip

Other than Sybase products I don't know of any other way a JDBC driver
got on the machine. How would I tell exactly which instance of the driver
is actually being invoked? Through the classpath?

Thanks,

Tim

In article <3929b25d.32708983@forums.powersoft.com>, joneil@sybase.com
says...
> Tim,
>
> What JDBC driver are you using?  We've seen this a couple of times and
> in each case, it's been found to be a problem where the JDBC driver
> vendor didn't follow the spec to the letter.  Our [PBJDS70.DLL]
> developers have 'loosened' their intepretation of the spec for DB2
> JDBC (and I think Informix) but it's been pretty recent.
>
> Let me know what driver your running and I'll see if it's something we
> know about and is either fixed or in the works.
>
> Jim O'Neil
>
> On Mon, 22 May 2000 15:41:09 -0500, Tim Nesham <tim.nesham@born.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Trying to connect in Powerbuilder NVO using JDBC and the EASDemo database
> >I get the error:
> >
> >java.sql.SQLException: Column not found
> >at
> >sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcResultSet.findColumn(JdbcOdbcResultSet.java:1527)
> >at
> >com.sybase.powerbuilder.jdbc.PbjdbcRowSet.GetColumnBoolean(PbjdbcRowSet.j
> >ava:846)
> >
> >But this just on the connect, I haven't gone near a datawindow yet.  Any
> >ideas?
> >
> >TIA,
> >Tim

0
Tim
5/23/2000 2:15:35 PM
The jConnect driver works. sun.jdbc.odbc.JbdcOdbc gives the error:
class not found exception com/sybase/jaguar/jcm/JCM

I have:
JDS for jConnect
JDM for sun driver

I would like to know why.

In article <ZoaoGyDx$GA.290@forums.sybase.com>, ash@NOSPAM.com says...
> Which DB are you connecting to ?
> If you are going against ASE or ASA try the jConnect driver...
>
> The error that you are getting indicates that the jdbc driver is not
> compliant to the jdbc spec. I could be wrong...
>
> At the time of connect the PB jdbc driver needs some information and for
> that it calls some jdbc routines which generate a result set for which you
> are getting the errors.
>
> -Ashish
>
> "Tim Nesham" <tim.nesham@born.com> wrote in message
> > Trying to connect in Powerbuilder NVO using JDBC and the EASDemo database
> > I get the error:
> >
> > java.sql.SQLException: Column not found
> > at
> > sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcResultSet.findColumn(JdbcOdbcResultSet.java:1527)
> > at
> > com.sybase.powerbuilder.jdbc.PbjdbcRowSet.GetColumnBoolean(PbjdbcRowSet.j
> > ava:846)
> >
> > But this just on the connect, I haven't gone near a datawindow yet.  Any
> > ideas?
> >
> > TIA,
> > Tim

0
Tim
5/23/2000 2:51:26 PM
> The jConnect driver works. sun.jdbc.odbc.JbdcOdbc gives the error:
> class not found exception com/sybase/jaguar/jcm/JCM
>
> I have:
> JDS for jConnect
> JDM for sun driver

JDM is for the Microsoft VM... (JDS is for Sun Java VM) both can be used
with the jConnect driver However in EAServer ONLY JDS is supported...
The error you get of class not found seems to indicate that your classpath
is not correct. Ensure that the <EAServer install dir>\html\classes is in
your classpath...

-Ashish

> I would like to know why.
>
> In article <ZoaoGyDx$GA.290@forums.sybase.com>, ash@NOSPAM.com says...
> > Which DB are you connecting to ?
> > If you are going against ASE or ASA try the jConnect driver...
> >
> > The error that you are getting indicates that the jdbc driver is not
> > compliant to the jdbc spec. I could be wrong...
> >
> > At the time of connect the PB jdbc driver needs some information and for
> > that it calls some jdbc routines which generate a result set for which
you
> > are getting the errors.
> >
> > -Ashish
> >
> > "Tim Nesham" <tim.nesham@born.com> wrote in message
> > > Trying to connect in Powerbuilder NVO using JDBC and the EASDemo
database
> > > I get the error:
> > >
> > > java.sql.SQLException: Column not found
> > > at

sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcResultSet.findColumn(JdbcOdbcResultSet.java:1527)
> > > at

com.sybase.powerbuilder.jdbc.PbjdbcRowSet.GetColumnBoolean(PbjdbcRowSet.j
> > > ava:846)
> > >
> > > But this just on the connect, I haven't gone near a datawindow yet.
Any
> > > ideas?
> > >
> > > TIA,
> > > Tim

0
Ashish
5/23/2000 3:05:59 PM
<EAServer install dir>\html\classes is on my path.
0
Tim
5/23/2000 3:28:48 PM
Can we get you to open a case on this one, it's not something I can
address directly since it's going to involve poking into the code.

We should figure out why it's having this problem; however, in general
the JDBC:ODBC bridge is a bad choice.  It's single-threaded so doesn't
scale well at all, I would check to see if there's a JDBC driver for
the back end you are using, or since you are using PB, use an ODBC
driver instead.

On Tue, 23 May 2000 09:51:26 -0500, Tim Nesham <tim.nesham@born.com>
wrote:

>The jConnect driver works. sun.jdbc.odbc.JbdcOdbc gives the error:
>class not found exception com/sybase/jaguar/jcm/JCM
>
>I have:
>JDS for jConnect
>JDM for sun driver
>
>I would like to know why.
>
>In article <ZoaoGyDx$GA.290@forums.sybase.com>, ash@NOSPAM.com says...
>> Which DB are you connecting to ?
>> If you are going against ASE or ASA try the jConnect driver...
>>
>> The error that you are getting indicates that the jdbc driver is not
>> compliant to the jdbc spec. I could be wrong...
>>
>> At the time of connect the PB jdbc driver needs some information and for
>> that it calls some jdbc routines which generate a result set for which you
>> are getting the errors.
>>
>> -Ashish
>>
>> "Tim Nesham" <tim.nesham@born.com> wrote in message
>> > Trying to connect in Powerbuilder NVO using JDBC and the EASDemo database
>> > I get the error:
>> >
>> > java.sql.SQLException: Column not found
>> > at
>> > sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcResultSet.findColumn(JdbcOdbcResultSet.java:1527)
>> > at
>> > com.sybase.powerbuilder.jdbc.PbjdbcRowSet.GetColumnBoolean(PbjdbcRowSet.j
>> > ava:846)
>> >
>> > But this just on the connect, I haven't gone near a datawindow yet.  Any
>> > ideas?
>> >
>> > TIA,
>> > Tim

0
joneil
5/23/2000 3:50:28 PM
I missed something, we went from Column not found... to class not
found????

On Tue, 23 May 2000 15:50:28 GMT, joneil@sybase.com (Jim O'Neil
[Sybase]) wrote:

>Can we get you to open a case on this one, it's not something I can
>address directly since it's going to involve poking into the code.
>
>We should figure out why it's having this problem; however, in general
>the JDBC:ODBC bridge is a bad choice.  It's single-threaded so doesn't
>scale well at all, I would check to see if there's a JDBC driver for
>the back end you are using, or since you are using PB, use an ODBC
>driver instead.
>
>On Tue, 23 May 2000 09:51:26 -0500, Tim Nesham <tim.nesham@born.com>
>wrote:
>
>>The jConnect driver works. sun.jdbc.odbc.JbdcOdbc gives the error:
>>class not found exception com/sybase/jaguar/jcm/JCM
>>
>>I have:
>>JDS for jConnect
>>JDM for sun driver
>>
>>I would like to know why.
>>
>>In article <ZoaoGyDx$GA.290@forums.sybase.com>, ash@NOSPAM.com says...
>>> Which DB are you connecting to ?
>>> If you are going against ASE or ASA try the jConnect driver...
>>>
>>> The error that you are getting indicates that the jdbc driver is not
>>> compliant to the jdbc spec. I could be wrong...
>>>
>>> At the time of connect the PB jdbc driver needs some information and for
>>> that it calls some jdbc routines which generate a result set for which you
>>> are getting the errors.
>>>
>>> -Ashish
>>>
>>> "Tim Nesham" <tim.nesham@born.com> wrote in message

0
joneil
5/23/2000 4:38:23 PM
NOT PATH it should be in the CLASSPATH

> <EAServer install dir>\html\classes is on my path.

0
Ashish
5/23/2000 5:32:40 PM
I found that if you re-install the jConnect meta data files (from the Java
Objects folder in Sybase Central), the column not found errors go away.
Apparently, that meta data is requested when the JDBC driver initializes.

--
pbm_hopethishelps,
Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase]

"Jim O'Neil [Sybase]" <joneil@sybase.com> wrote in message
> I missed something, we went from Column not found... to class not
> found????
>
> On Tue, 23 May 2000 15:50:28 GMT, joneil@sybase.com (Jim O'Neil
> [Sybase]) wrote:
>
> >Can we get you to open a case on this one, it's not something I can
> >address directly since it's going to involve poking into the code.
> >
> >We should figure out why it's having this problem; however, in general
> >the JDBC:ODBC bridge is a bad choice.  It's single-threaded so doesn't
> >scale well at all, I would check to see if there's a JDBC driver for
> >the back end you are using, or since you are using PB, use an ODBC
> >driver instead.
> >
> >On Tue, 23 May 2000 09:51:26 -0500, Tim Nesham <tim.nesham@born.com>
> >wrote:
> >
> >>The jConnect driver works. sun.jdbc.odbc.JbdcOdbc gives the error:
> >>class not found exception com/sybase/jaguar/jcm/JCM
> >>
> >>I have:
> >>JDS for jConnect
> >>JDM for sun driver
> >>
> >>I would like to know why.
> >>
> >>In article <ZoaoGyDx$GA.290@forums.sybase.com>, ash@NOSPAM.com says...

sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcResultSet.findColumn(JdbcOdbcResultSet.java:1527)

com.sybase.powerbuilder.jdbc.PbjdbcRowSet.GetColumnBoolean(PbjdbcRowSet.j

Any

0
Roy
5/23/2000 5:34:16 PM
Right, I meant CLASSPATH

In article <f0Tzq2Nx$GA.259@forums.sybase.com>, ash@NOSPAM.com says...
> NOT PATH it should be in the CLASSPATH
>
> -Ashish
>
> "Tim Nesham" <tim.nesham@born.com> wrote in message
> > <EAServer install dir>\html\classes is on my path.

0
Tim
5/23/2000 7:35:34 PM
The "column not found" error went away. Perhaps an error on my part.  And
the jConnect works. But the sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver gets the class
not found error. And I have <EAServer install dir>\html\classes on my
CLASSPATH.

Thanks,

Tim
0
Tim
5/23/2000 7:39:24 PM
Is it complaining about the class not found for sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver
or com.sybase.jaguar.jcm.JCM ??? The second class will be used for the
jConnect driver as well. If it is complaining about the first you need to
add that to your CLASSPATH.

> The "column not found" error went away. Perhaps an error on my part.  And
> the jConnect works. But the sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver gets the class
> not found error. And I have <EAServer install dir>\html\classes on my
> CLASSPATH.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Tim

0
Ashish

jdbc connection cache vs client library connection cache
I see options for Client Library to encrypt data by passing the information to the DBMS. But I don't see similar options for JDBC. Are the Sybase 11.0 encryption options only available through the Client Library driver? TIA, Tim The encryption you see of OpenClient is only to encrypt the password. The rest of the stream is i the clear. jConnect can go inside of SSL but you need to tunell, and detunnel etc etc. Dave Wolf Internet Applications Division Tim Nesham <tim.nesham@born.com> wrote in message news:38ac2dbf@news.qgraph.com... > I see options f...

How to setup connection property in Connection Cache using EAServer 3.6.1 + JDBC 2.0
Hi, The following properties is my connection cache property. Server Name ---> NetworkProtocol=Tds:Server=localhost:Port=4100:DatabaseName=odwas Class Name ---> com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybConnectionPoolDataSource I am using the JDBC 2.0 to connect with my ASE 12.0 Server. I check all of the books about JDBC API. I could not find more information about connection property with JDBC 2.0 + Sybase jConnect 5.2. I already try to use the connection cache property file but it could not work. Do anyone know how to put the "PACKETSIZE" property to "Server Na...

Max connections reached in connection cache error
Recently we run into a situation where components could not get any more connections from a connection cache that had no limit in the max connections parameter, only a maximum pool size setting of 30. We didn't find any errors in the backend (ASE) leading us to believe that a maximum number of connection was reached there. The environment is EAServer 5.5 with PB 9.0.3 components. Follows a fragment of the Jaguar.log indicating the problem ============================================ May 15 11:09:42 2007: [Thread-830] Maximum number of connections for iApplyNPO cache ex...

[connect error] Interbase Connect Error
In ODBC connect test is successfully.. but in PowerBuilder 6.5 Database Profiles is displayed error message.. Error Message is SQLSTATE = 40001 [Easysoft][Interbase]Dynamic SQL Error, SQL error code = -91, feature is not supported What means this message? Now I use PowerBuilder 6.5 & Interbase 5.6... Just I choose - Profile Name - Data Source --> This is ODBC DNS..(user DNS) - User ID - Password Does it need more? ...

Problem with JDBC-Connection without using a connection-cache
Hello everybody! I want to establish a JDBC-connection from a PowerBuilder Component to a "Oracle" (I�m sorry, but I have to) Database, without using a connection cache. When i try to connect to the database in the PowerBuilder-Component I get the following error-message: User '****' could not be connected to the database '*****'! ErrorCode=999; ErrorText=Non SQL Error : InvocationTargetException: On getCache. The connection cache was not found. My PowerBuilder-Code is: SQLCA.DBMS = "JDS - Sun JavaVM" SQLCA.LogPass = "******" SQLC...

not connected when I am connected

Who can give me a simple example on Jaguar component connect to a connection cache?
My script is: SQLCA.DBMS="SYJ" SQLCA.DBPARM="CacheName='Test',UseContextObject='yes'" CONNECT USING SQLCA; If SQLCA.SQLCode<>0 Then ErrorLogging errlog this.GetContextService("ErrorLogging",errlog) errlog.log("Error Code:"+string(SQLCA.SQLCode)+" ; "+SQLCA.SQLErrText) is_info=SQLCA.SQLErrText End If ids_emp=Create DataStore ids_emp.DataObject="d_emp" ids_emp.SetTransObject(SQLCA) But the srv.log report: Jul 25 09:30:11 2001: Error Code:-1 ; Error: Failed to get a valid Database Connecti...

EAServer jdbc connectivity to DB2 via IBM DB2 Connect on Solaris
Has anybody seen this before :- I get the following error message in the EAServer Logs when trying to ping the connection cache :- Mar 30 16:55:00 2001: Warning - cache test received the following exception object while trying to load COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver : java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no db2jdbc in java.library.path Mar 30 16:55:00 2001: java.sql.SQLException: Java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no db2jdbc in java.library.path The environment details are :- 1. Solaris 2.8 2. IBM DB2 connect 7 (This is one of the newer releases). 3. EAServer 3.6.1 On Solaris. I...

Unpredictable cache connect error using JDBC
Running Jaguar 3.5 Enterprise NT4.0 PB 7 client Oracle 8.1.5 Cache properties have sanity checks on with .props file in the conncache directory When the application connects to the server for the first time we sometimes get the following error. Mar 20 11:23:09 2000: n_customer uf_cacheconnect - Unable to connection using CacheName = CapsADataJDBC. SQLCODE: -1 SQLDBCODE: 999 SQLERRTEXT: Non SQL Error : InvocationTargetException: On getConnection. The script then continues Mar 20 11:23:09 2000: DEBUG: capsServer/n_customer/$Deactivate (unbind) We cannot tie this down t...

Connection Cache error
Hello, How do you install a connection cache that has been created and configured within Jaguar Manager? We are in the process of upgrading from EAServer 3.6.1 (build 36108) to EAServer 4.0. I recently deployed a web application that had been running on EAServer 3.6.1 to EAServer 4.0. I am receiving a "data source is null" error when my web application attempts to do a JNDI look up of a data source connection cache. The connection cache works when "pinged" from Jaguar Manager. Note: I am accessing and "pinging" the connection cache from the c...

Connection error
We have see the message: Connection error - An error occurred during the TCPIP connection attempt twice now. The first time was a laptop that had not been used in a while. Now we are seeing the same message while trying to connect to a computer where ASA has just been installed. brian Brian Howard wrote: > We have see the message: > > Connection error - An error occurred during the TCPIP > connection attempt > > twice now. The first time was a laptop that had not been > used in a while. Now we are seeing the same message while > trying to connec...

help. when using Profile GetPropertyValue, I get the following connection error: An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure
 Hi,I need some help. I am getting this error after I complete the asp.net register control and click on the continue button. It crashed when it tries to get it calls this Profile property((string)(this.GetPropertyValue("Address1")));When I look at the stack, it is coming from my ProfileWrapper class which adds user address, city, etc.. from a class which inherits fromSystem.Web.Profile.ProfileBase. From the stack, it is calling the System.Web.Profile and crashed when it tries to open a connection atSystem.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.GetConnection(DbConnection owningObj...

connecting to wrong connection cache
Hi , every so often our PB objects end up connecting to the wrong connection cache ? we connect in the activate event , and dissconnect in the deactivate event. this is our dbparm : Disablebind=0,UseContextObject='Yes',CacheName='pm1step_test',GetConnectionO ption= 'JAG_CM_FORCE' ReleaseConnectionOption='JAG_CM_UNUSED' what else wound be causing this to happen ? any common problems ? using easerver 4.2 thanks for anyadvice Matt Hi, Matt, What do you mean, "wrong connection cache?" Does it connect to a cache with a name othe...

Get Connection from connection Cache ???
Hi there, I have created a DataSource in my EJb context, but when I'm performing a lookup a com.sybase.ejb.NamingContext is returned instead of a DataSource object, which means I'm unable to typecast it into a DataSource and perform the getConnection invocation. Code: java.util.Properties props = new java.util.Properties(); props.put(javax.naming.Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY, "com.sybase.ejb.InitialContextFactory"); props.put(javax.naming.Context.PROVIDER_URL, "iiop://avenir_kpp:9000"); props.put(javax.naming.Context.SECURI...

Web resources about - JDBC Connection Cache gives error when connection - sybase.easerver

French authorities detain suspects in connection to attacks 10 months apart
CNN French authorities detain suspects in connection to attacks 10 months apart CNN A forensic scientist works near a Paris cafe on Saturday, ...