Jaguar + DataWindow.Retrieve() + retrieval argument = doesn't work

I use PB 7.0 C3 with Jaguar CTS 3.5.  I have created a PB component within a
Datawindow Object.  In my nvo, I do a Retrieve() without parameter and all
works fine.  But, if I add "retrieval argument" into DataWindow and change
my Retrieve() for Retrieve( argument ), I get the return code -1.

Can I call a Retrieve() with argument inside a PB component ?  how ?

I use a connection cache.  I don't know why, but is it the problem ?

Any help will be appreciated !

0
Dominic

URGENT

" Dominic" <toch@moncourrier.com> wrote in message
> I use PB 7.0 C3 with Jaguar CTS 3.5.  I have created a PB component within
> Datawindow Object.  In my nvo, I do a Retrieve() without parameter and all
> works fine.  But, if I add "retrieval argument" into DataWindow and change
> my Retrieve() for Retrieve( argument ), I get the return code -1.
>
> Can I call a Retrieve() with argument inside a PB component ?  how ?
>
> I use a connection cache.  I don't know why, but is it the problem ?
>
> Any help will be appreciated !

0
Dominic
11/1/2000 7:58:24 PM
That should work.  Are you sure the argument that you are passing is of the
correct type?  Does the dw work properly in preview mode?

" Dominic" <toch@moncourrier.com> wrote in message
> I use PB 7.0 C3 with Jaguar CTS 3.5.  I have created a PB component within
> Datawindow Object.  In my nvo, I do a Retrieve() without parameter and all
> works fine.  But, if I add "retrieval argument" into DataWindow and change
> my Retrieve() for Retrieve( argument ), I get the return code -1.
>
> Can I call a Retrieve() with argument inside a PB component ?  how ?
>
> I use a connection cache.  I don't know why, but is it the problem ?
>
> Any help will be appreciated !

0
Mark
11/1/2000 8:30:41 PM
hardcode your retrieval argument. Does it work?

My gues is you are not passing in a value or you are passing in the wrong
data type.

--
Dean Jones TeamSybase
PowerTeam, Inc.

" Dominic" <toch@moncourrier.com> wrote in message
> I use PB 7.0 C3 with Jaguar CTS 3.5.  I have created a PB component within
> Datawindow Object.  In my nvo, I do a Retrieve() without parameter and all
> works fine.  But, if I add "retrieval argument" into DataWindow and change
> my Retrieve() for Retrieve( argument ), I get the return code -1.
>
> Can I call a Retrieve() with argument inside a PB component ?  how ?
>
> I use a connection cache.  I don't know why, but is it the problem ?
>
> Any help will be appreciated !

0
Dean
11/1/2000 8:35:46 PM
It works fine in preview mode.  I have try many things to solve this problem
( Stop and restart Jaguar, Reboot server, remove and reinstall jaguar
component, regenerate proxy on the client side ).  I don't know what else to
do...

Have you already test this functionality ?

"Mark Maslow" <mark.maslow@sierraclub.org> wrote in message
> That should work.  Are you sure the argument that you are passing is of
the
> correct type?  Does the dw work properly in preview mode?
>
> " Dominic" <toch@moncourrier.com> wrote in message
> > I use PB 7.0 C3 with Jaguar CTS 3.5.  I have created a PB component
within
> > Datawindow Object.  In my nvo, I do a Retrieve() without parameter and
all
> > works fine.  But, if I add "retrieval argument" into DataWindow and
change
> > my Retrieve() for Retrieve( argument ), I get the return code -1.
> >
> > Can I call a Retrieve() with argument inside a PB component ?  how ?
> >
> > I use a connection cache.  I don't know why, but is it the problem ?
> >
> > Any help will be appreciated !

0
Dominic
11/1/2000 8:43:34 PM
I have already try this. My DWObject wait for a "number" value.

I have tried this :

DWC.Retrieve( 1 )
DWC.Retrieve( '1' )

Still not work.

If you have an example who works ( component + client ), I'm interested to
test, to see where i'm wrong.  Else, I send you my test.

Thanks

"Dean Jones [TeamSybase]" <dean_no_spam@powerobjects.com> wrote in message
> hardcode your retrieval argument. Does it work?
>
> My gues is you are not passing in a value or you are passing in the wrong
> data type.
>
> --
> Dean Jones TeamSybase
> PowerTeam, Inc.
> www.powerobjects.com
>

> " Dominic" <toch@moncourrier.com> wrote in message
> > I use PB 7.0 C3 with Jaguar CTS 3.5.  I have created a PB component
within
> > Datawindow Object.  In my nvo, I do a Retrieve() without parameter and
all
> > works fine.  But, if I add "retrieval argument" into DataWindow and
change
> > my Retrieve() for Retrieve( argument ), I get the return code -1.
> >
> > Can I call a Retrieve() with argument inside a PB component ?  how ?
> >
> > I use a connection cache.  I don't know why, but is it the problem ?
> >
> > Any help will be appreciated !

0
Dominic
11/1/2000 8:48:34 PM
If it can help, the build for my Jaguar 3.5 is : 35036

" Dominic" <toch@moncourrier.com> wrote in message
> I use PB 7.0 C3 with Jaguar CTS 3.5.  I have created a PB component within
> Datawindow Object.  In my nvo, I do a Retrieve() without parameter and all
> works fine.  But, if I add "retrieval argument" into DataWindow and change
> my Retrieve() for Retrieve( argument ), I get the return code -1.
>
> Can I call a Retrieve() with argument inside a PB component ?  how ?
>
> I use a connection cache.  I don't know why, but is it the problem ?
>
> Any help will be appreciated !

0
Dominic
11/1/2000 9:09:16 PM
What is the DW error reported?
You will need to trap the dberror event in a custom datastore component.

--
Mike Barlotta
Director Technology

> If it can help, the build for my Jaguar 3.5 is : 35036
>

> " Dominic" <toch@moncourrier.com> wrote in message
> > I use PB 7.0 C3 with Jaguar CTS 3.5.  I have created a PB component
within
> > Datawindow Object.  In my nvo, I do a Retrieve() without parameter and
all
> > works fine.  But, if I add "retrieval argument" into DataWindow and
change
> > my Retrieve() for Retrieve( argument ), I get the return code -1.
> >
> > Can I call a Retrieve() with argument inside a PB component ?  how ?
> >
> > I use a connection cache.  I don't know why, but is it the problem ?
> >
> > Any help will be appreciated !

0
Mike
11/1/2000 9:13:18 PM
It definately should work without doing anything special.

Do you have "included unreferenced objects" checked in the project that you
use to deploy to Jaguar?  Have you re-built your project since you changed
the dw object to use a retrieval argument?  If you use a custom user object,
inherited from DataStore, rather than a plain DataStore, you can put code in
the Error event.  Perhaps "errortext" will supply some helpful information.

> I have already try this. My DWObject wait for a "number" value.
>
> I have tried this :
>
> DWC.Retrieve( 1 )
> DWC.Retrieve( '1' )
>
> Still not work.
>
> If you have an example who works ( component + client ), I'm interested to
> test, to see where i'm wrong.  Else, I send you my test.
>
> Thanks
>

> "Dean Jones [TeamSybase]" <dean_no_spam@powerobjects.com> wrote in message
> > hardcode your retrieval argument. Does it work?
> >
> > My gues is you are not passing in a value or you are passing in the
wrong
> > data type.
> >
> > --
> > Dean Jones TeamSybase
> > PowerTeam, Inc.
> > www.powerobjects.com
> >

> > " Dominic" <toch@moncourrier.com> wrote in message
> > > I use PB 7.0 C3 with Jaguar CTS 3.5.  I have created a PB component
> within
> > > Datawindow Object.  In my nvo, I do a Retrieve() without parameter and
> all
> > > works fine.  But, if I add "retrieval argument" into DataWindow and
> change
> > > my Retrieve() for Retrieve( argument ), I get the return code -1.
> > >
> > > Can I call a Retrieve() with argument inside a PB component ?  how ?
> > >
> > > I use a connection cache.  I don't know why, but is it the problem ?
> > >
> > > Any help will be appreciated !

0
Mark
11/1/2000 9:14:48 PM
What is DWC? Is this a child? Does the get child fail?

--
Dean Jones TeamSybase
PowerTeam, Inc.

" Dominic" <toch@moncourrier.com> wrote in message
> I have already try this. My DWObject wait for a "number" value.
>
> I have tried this :
>
> DWC.Retrieve( 1 )
> DWC.Retrieve( '1' )
>
> Still not work.
>
> If you have an example who works ( component + client ), I'm interested to
> test, to see where i'm wrong.  Else, I send you my test.
>
> Thanks
>

> "Dean Jones [TeamSybase]" <dean_no_spam@powerobjects.com> wrote in message
> > hardcode your retrieval argument. Does it work?
> >
> > My gues is you are not passing in a value or you are passing in the
wrong
> > data type.
> >
> > --
> > Dean Jones TeamSybase
> > PowerTeam, Inc.
> > www.powerobjects.com
> >

> > " Dominic" <toch@moncourrier.com> wrote in message
> > > I use PB 7.0 C3 with Jaguar CTS 3.5.  I have created a PB component
> within
> > > Datawindow Object.  In my nvo, I do a Retrieve() without parameter and
> all
> > > works fine.  But, if I add "retrieval argument" into DataWindow and
> change
> > > my Retrieve() for Retrieve( argument ), I get the return code -1.
> > >
> > > Can I call a Retrieve() with argument inside a PB component ?  how ?
> > >
> > > I use a connection cache.  I don't know why, but is it the problem ?
> > >
> > > Any help will be appreciated !

0
Dean
11/1/2000 9:16:35 PM
Oups... sorry

Its for DataWindowControl

> What is DWC? Is this a child? Does the get child fail?
>
> --
> Dean Jones TeamSybase
> PowerTeam, Inc.
> www.powerobjects.com
>

> " Dominic" <toch@moncourrier.com> wrote in message
> > I have already try this. My DWObject wait for a "number" value.
> >
> > I have tried this :
> >
> > DWC.Retrieve( 1 )
> > DWC.Retrieve( '1' )
> >
> > Still not work.
> >
> > If you have an example who works ( component + client ), I'm interested
> > test, to see where i'm wrong.  Else, I send you my test.
> >
> > Thanks
> >

> > "Dean Jones [TeamSybase]" <dean_no_spam@powerobjects.com> wrote in
message
> > > hardcode your retrieval argument. Does it work?
> > >
> > > My gues is you are not passing in a value or you are passing in the
> wrong
> > > data type.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Dean Jones TeamSybase
> > > PowerTeam, Inc.
> > > www.powerobjects.com
> > >

> > > " Dominic" <toch@moncourrier.com> wrote in message
> > within
> > all
> > change

0
Dominic
11/1/2000 9:30:17 PM
I found the problem !!

My ODBC connection doesn't support binding.  In local PB, DataWindow find
this information and desactivate automatically binding.  On a PB component,
it doesn't do that !  The Retrieve() with retrieval argument was set to "?"
in where clause.  That's was my problem.

To correct situation, in DBParm of my connectionCache, I have add this
clause : "DisableBind=1".  Since, all works fine.

Thanks to everybody for your very appreciated help.

Dominic

"Mike Barlotta [Taming Jaguar]" <mike.barlotta@aegisconsulting.com> wrote in
message news:Q1CTfpERAHA.273@forums.sybase.com...
> What is the DW error reported?
> You will need to trap the dberror event in a custom datastore component.
>
> --
> Mike Barlotta
> Director Technology
> AEGIS Consulting
> Mike.Barlotta@AEGISConsulting.com
>

> Dominic <toch@moncourrier.com> wrote in message
> > If it can help, the build for my Jaguar 3.5 is : 35036
> >

> > " Dominic" <toch@moncourrier.com> wrote in message
> > > I use PB 7.0 C3 with Jaguar CTS 3.5.  I have created a PB component
> within
> > > Datawindow Object.  In my nvo, I do a Retrieve() without parameter and
> all
> > > works fine.  But, if I add "retrieval argument" into DataWindow and
> change
> > > my Retrieve() for Retrieve( argument ), I get the return code -1.
> > >
> > > Can I call a Retrieve() with argument inside a PB component ?  how ?
> > >
> > > I use a connection cache.  I don't know why, but is it the problem ?
> > >
> > > Any help will be appreciated !

0
Dominic

pb datawindow deploy to MTS doesn't update when having retrieve argument
Hi, I am using asp to call pb datawindow. It works fine to display report. and it also can be updated without any argument. When I put an argument , then I receive the error . I used the button on datawindow to update (action). Please give any suggestion on update datawindow only. Thanks a lot. Diep. ...

Urgent: AutoCompleteExtender doesn't work/Updatepanel doesn't work
This is my code for the AutoCompleteExtender <asp:textbox id="txtQuickSearch" runat="server" CssClass="inputText" style="width:145px; "></asp:textbox> <atlas:AutoCompleteExtender runat="server" ID="acSearch"> <atlas:AutoCompleteProperties TargetControlID="txtQuickSearch" Enabled="True" ServicePath="http://localhost/Sony.BusinessSuite.Web.UI/AtlasServices/MasterData.asmx" ServiceMethod="GetAllModels" minimumprefixlength="2" /> </atlas:AutoCompleteExtender> When i start typing fiddler shows: # Result Host URL Body Caching Content-Type User-...

Spellchecker doesn't work: no error, just doesn't work
Hey all. This is only happening with one person. It's all GW7 no SP. has worked fine before. Anyway when they type along it doesn't catch that spelling and it doesn't fire up spell check before it's sent like it is checked off to do. It does nothing. It just sends it when you click send; no error, nothing. I did a rebuild, analyze/fix. I have it set at all levels for this user. any ideas Mark, well, I'd try a more recent client version first. GW7 was less than stellar before SP1. Uwe -- Novell Support Connection Volunteer SysOp Please don...

POP3 retrieve doesn't work
Testing GW 7 client in pure POP3 mode with PostFix / Debian mail server. Some messages are downloaded, some not. Outlook downloads all of them. Anybody met this too ? Or suggestion ? Thanx Milan Typically, it's something about the message that's causing it to fail... If you can pinpoint it, try forwarding the message to me (rgoodman77@myrealbox.com) and I can try to duplicate the problem. Thanks I found the problem, it will at least be fixed in SP1, FTF maybe For now send the xls file without using any international characters in the file name > I found the problem...

Freenx doesn't work, NX doesn't work with compiz. Questions
FreeNX just doesn't work. NX from nomachine installed well, but I guess that limits me to two logins? NX doesn't work with compiz, tho, at least from machines not running compiz. So no great surprise. :-) Is there any way to run startkde that disables compiz and uses kwin? Alternatively, hows the easiest way to handle alternative logins? I could link the two documents folders together, but then I'd have problems with file permissions. I'm just looking for ideas here, I could live with two logins. -- dougnc -------------------------------------------...

Composite Datawindow doesn't retrieve child dws
I have a composite report the retrieves ok in the tool but does does retrieve the children when executing in c#. I tried GetChild but it throws an exception. For other reports I have GetChild works ok for dddws. Any suggestions? What exception is GetChild throwing? Do any of the individual subreports of the composite have data stored with them? On 13 Sep 2004 07:44:03 -0700, jrzeis@tecoenergy.com wrote: >I have a composite report the retrieves ok in the tool but >does does retrieve the children when executing in c#. I >tried GetChild but it throws an exception. For othe...

keeps making me download update, but, update doesn't work, makes me download update, update doesn't work..................
Name: donald davis Email: galenachefatyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: keeps making me download update, but, update doesn't work, makes me download update, update doesn't work.................. Comments: That's pretty much the whole deal. An update screen pops up, I update, the update doesn't take and the next time I use firefox mozilla the same thing happens over and over and over. Thanks Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.3) Gecko/20070309 Firefox/2.0.0.4 ...

using Ultralite 10. Connect works, retrieve doesn't.
Finally got connected to the ultralite DB (on the ppc). I must say, the video tutoral had me on the wrong path as it says that ALL DB's need a DNS. Anyway. I got connected. I have a simple datawindow, and the retrieve returns zeo rows. Now there is something in the documentation about an encryption key, but everywhere I tried to insert it, I got an error message. Any clues. thanks, Mike Ah - yes - the tuturial was making an assumption about ODBC style databases... UltraLite doesn't... About the encryption key - I'd first make the application work _without_ a com...

Retrieve with argument don't work when running .exe file!
Hi All, I create a datawindow with a retrieve argument type string and use "LIKE". Writing script, I concatenate variable with "%" then pass function Retrieve with this variable. It works well in development environment. I use ODBC which is interface to connect database with SQL sever. When I run in ..exe file, my application can not retrieve data with a argument. Do you have any idea to help me? I am very appreciate. Thank you very much. Hue Le Your executable is probably not including the datawindow (you'll probably find SetTransObject() is faili...

Won't work: Keep getting "can't retrieve your data" messages
Name: scott Product: eBay Companion Summary: Won't work: Keep getting "can't retrieve your data" messages Comments: Install was fine, but every time I click the Connect to eBay in the sidebar, and after filling in my ID and PW in a new tab, a drop down message says "The eBay Companion is not able to retrieve your data. Please try to connect again." It's done that 4 times. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:1.8.1.11) Gecko/20071127 Firefox/2.0.0.11 ...

Error in datawindow when retrieve with retrieval arguments
Hi, I have a Table and a View created from that proxy table with certain criteria.. i have created a datawindow by joining the table and view... when i pass the retrieval arguments, it is showing an error as follows... Select error: SQLSTATE = 07002 [Sybase][ODBC Driver][Adaptive Server Anywhere]Not enough values for host variables if u r executing the same SQL in ISQL it is working fine... Please help thanks in advance... Danny Hi Danny Which PB version and ASA are you using? I have used retrieval arguments with no problem in datawindow with table and views Ch...

Custom Datagrid: Doesn't display and doesn't work
Hi all,Hope someone can share their experience! I am trying to make a custom datagrid, only in appearance for now. Results:1. On dragging the control from the VS toolbox: get a grey rectangle, not the table like look. 2. On running the Web page: no HTML.<code>Imports System.ComponentModelImports System.Web.UI.WebControlsImports System.Web.UI<DefaultProperty("Text"), ToolboxData("<{0}:custDG runat=server></{0}:custDG>")> Public Class custDG    Inherits DataGrid    Public Sub New()        Me.BorderColor = ...

Retrieve the Context.User.Identity.UserName in Login.LoggedIn Event doesn't Work !??
Hello all, I'm using form authentication using the MemberShip provider. I use the 'RememberMe' property. I need to initialize some session variables (retrieve the client ID for example, not the aspnet UserId but some informations coming from my own tables, not the aspnet ones...) To retrieve those informations I need to get the userID (aspnet) from the logged In user. When using the cookie, it works well. I have the following method in my global.asax : void Session_Start(Object sender, EventArgs e){      //Code that runs when a new session is started&nbs...

Web resources about - Jaguar + DataWindow.Retrieve() + retrieval argument = doesn't work - sybase.easerver