Jag Error: Array boundary exceeded...

Hello everyone,

I hope someone can help with this error we've been recieving ever since we
upgraded to C3. I have a case open with Sybase, but they aren't being very
helpful...

Anyway, here's the error I see in svr.log:

Error: Array boundary exceeded at line 29 in function of_convert_value of
object nv_retreival_arg.
Aug 28 12:07:05 2000: PowerBuilder Application Execution Error (R0003)
Application terminated.

Apparently, this is a Sybase component? This error occurs when we open a
page with an HTML datawinow on it. For some reason it seems to only occur on
pages with HTML datawindows that accept a date (not confirmed), but it
causes the following error to display on the HTML page:

ERROR: On component call 'RetrieveEx' = 'Exception thrown:
org.omg.CORBA.UNKNOWN: IDL:CTS/PBUserException:1.0 in method RetrieveEx of
class DataWindow/_st_HTMLGenerator. '
ERROR: On component call 'Generate' = 'Exception thrown:
org.omg.CORBA.MARSHAL: offset (24) + length (4) exceeds message size (24) in
method Generate of class DataWindow/_st_HTMLGenerator.

I think it's significant that not all of our pages with HTML datawindows are
failing, only a subset of them are. Also, these are not NEW pages... these
have been in production since 11/99 with no recent changes (other than the
upgrade to C3) and have been working fine.

Thanks for any help!

Bobby R

0
bobby

Arrgh... what's the case number that you have open?.... Somebody came
by and asked me about this about two months ago and on first glance it
looked to me like a bug as you can see quite easily in the PBDWMRT.PBL
where it's running into the error.  After that conversation, I'd
assumed the issue was on it's way to engineering, but if you can let
me know the case number, I'll take a look.

Jim O'Neil
Sybase Technical Support

On Mon, 28 Aug 2000 12:39:36 -0500, "bobby" <brosenberger@genam.com>
wrote:

>Hello everyone,
>
>I hope someone can help with this error we've been recieving ever since we
>upgraded to C3. I have a case open with Sybase, but they aren't being very
>helpful...
>
>Anyway, here's the error I see in svr.log:
>
>Error: Array boundary exceeded at line 29 in function of_convert_value of
>object nv_retreival_arg.
>Aug 28 12:07:05 2000: PowerBuilder Application Execution Error (R0003)
>Application terminated.
>
>Apparently, this is a Sybase component? This error occurs when we open a
>page with an HTML datawinow on it. For some reason it seems to only occur on
>pages with HTML datawindows that accept a date (not confirmed), but it
>causes the following error to display on the HTML page:
>
>ERROR: On component call 'RetrieveEx' = 'Exception thrown:
>org.omg.CORBA.UNKNOWN: IDL:CTS/PBUserException:1.0 in method RetrieveEx of
>class DataWindow/_st_HTMLGenerator. '
>ERROR: On component call 'Generate' = 'Exception thrown:
>org.omg.CORBA.MARSHAL: offset (24) + length (4) exceeds message size (24) in
>method Generate of class DataWindow/_st_HTMLGenerator.
>
>I think it's significant that not all of our pages with HTML datawindows are
>failing, only a subset of them are. Also, these are not NEW pages... these
>have been in production since 11/99 with no recent changes (other than the
>upgrade to C3) and have been working fine.
>
>Thanks for any help!
>
>Bobby R

0
joneil
8/28/2000 6:14:43 PM
Hey Jim that would be GREAT!

Case # 41072212.

Thanks for your help!

Jim O'Neil [Sybase] <joneil@sybase.com> wrote in message
> Arrgh... what's the case number that you have open?.... Somebody came
> by and asked me about this about two months ago and on first glance it
> looked to me like a bug as you can see quite easily in the PBDWMRT.PBL
> where it's running into the error.  After that conversation, I'd
> assumed the issue was on it's way to engineering, but if you can let
> me know the case number, I'll take a look.
>
> Jim O'Neil
> Sybase Technical Support
>
> On Mon, 28 Aug 2000 12:39:36 -0500, "bobby" <brosenberger@genam.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Hello everyone,
> >
> >I hope someone can help with this error we've been recieving ever since
we
> >upgraded to C3. I have a case open with Sybase, but they aren't being
very
> >helpful...
> >
> >Anyway, here's the error I see in svr.log:
> >
> >Error: Array boundary exceeded at line 29 in function of_convert_value of
> >object nv_retreival_arg.
> >Aug 28 12:07:05 2000: PowerBuilder Application Execution Error (R0003)
> >Application terminated.
> >
> >Apparently, this is a Sybase component? This error occurs when we open a
> >page with an HTML datawinow on it. For some reason it seems to only occur
on
> >pages with HTML datawindows that accept a date (not confirmed), but it
> >causes the following error to display on the HTML page:
> >
> >ERROR: On component call 'RetrieveEx' = 'Exception thrown:
> >org.omg.CORBA.UNKNOWN: IDL:CTS/PBUserException:1.0 in method RetrieveEx
of
> >class DataWindow/_st_HTMLGenerator. '
> >ERROR: On component call 'Generate' = 'Exception thrown:
> >org.omg.CORBA.MARSHAL: offset (24) + length (4) exceeds message size (24)
in
> >method Generate of class DataWindow/_st_HTMLGenerator.
> >
> >I think it's significant that not all of our pages with HTML datawindows
are
> >failing, only a subset of them are. Also, these are not NEW pages...
these
> >have been in production since 11/99 with no recent changes (other than
the
> >upgrade to C3) and have been working fine.
> >
> >Thanks for any help!
> >
> >Bobby R

0
bobby
8/28/2000 6:28:00 PM
It looks like this is related to CR216037 which was a fix to another
datetime problem, so that may have introduced this newer problem.  Let
me see what I can dig up - in the mean time can you post the srv.log
AFTER turning on datawindow tracing (i.e.,
com.sybase.datawindow.trace=yes on the DataWindow/HTMLGenerator
component)

Thanks,
Jim O'Neil

On Mon, 28 Aug 2000 13:28:00 -0500, "bobby" <brosenberger@genam.com>
wrote:

>Hey Jim that would be GREAT!
>
>Case # 41072212.
>
>Thanks for your help!
>
>Jim O'Neil [Sybase] <joneil@sybase.com> wrote in message
>> Arrgh... what's the case number that you have open?.... Somebody came
>> by and asked me about this about two months ago and on first glance it
>> looked to me like a bug as you can see quite easily in the PBDWMRT.PBL
>> where it's running into the error.  After that conversation, I'd
>> assumed the issue was on it's way to engineering, but if you can let
>> me know the case number, I'll take a look.
>>
>> Jim O'Neil
>> Sybase Technical Support
>>
>> On Mon, 28 Aug 2000 12:39:36 -0500, "bobby" <brosenberger@genam.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >Hello everyone,
>> >
>> >I hope someone can help with this error we've been recieving ever since
>we
>> >upgraded to C3. I have a case open with Sybase, but they aren't being
>very
>> >helpful...
>> >
>> >Anyway, here's the error I see in svr.log:
>> >
>> >Error: Array boundary exceeded at line 29 in function of_convert_value of
>> >object nv_retreival_arg.
>> >Aug 28 12:07:05 2000: PowerBuilder Application Execution Error (R0003)
>> >Application terminated.
>> >
>> >Apparently, this is a Sybase component? This error occurs when we open a
>> >page with an HTML datawinow on it. For some reason it seems to only occur
>on
>> >pages with HTML datawindows that accept a date (not confirmed), but it
>> >causes the following error to display on the HTML page:
>> >
>> >ERROR: On component call 'RetrieveEx' = 'Exception thrown:
>> >org.omg.CORBA.UNKNOWN: IDL:CTS/PBUserException:1.0 in method RetrieveEx
>of
>> >class DataWindow/_st_HTMLGenerator. '
>> >ERROR: On component call 'Generate' = 'Exception thrown:
>> >org.omg.CORBA.MARSHAL: offset (24) + length (4) exceeds message size (24)
>in
>> >method Generate of class DataWindow/_st_HTMLGenerator.
>> >
>> >I think it's significant that not all of our pages with HTML datawindows
>are
>> >failing, only a subset of them are. Also, these are not NEW pages...
>these
>> >have been in production since 11/99 with no recent changes (other than
>the
>> >upgrade to C3) and have been working fine.
>> >
>> >Thanks for any help!
>> >
>> >Bobby R

0
joneil

array boundary exceeded error in pfc_n_cst_tvsrv
Hi friends, I am facing a problem with of_searchchild function of pfc_n_cst_tvsrv, I get array boundary exceeded error at line 54. Also I get this error only when I run the executable, from development environment it works fine ... i don't get any error messages. I was wondering if this is a known problem and if anybody could give me any leads on this. Environment : PB 6.5 / PFC / Windows 95 / Sybase 11.5 Thanks, Shafi. ...

array boundary exceeded
How much records can an unbounded string array handle in PowerBuilder? I use an unbounded String array in my code. Normally, It works fine, but I got this "array boundary exceeded" error when the code put big amount of data (like 40,000) to this array? So I'd like to know how much data PowerBuilder Array can handle. Thanks very much. Connie ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp Please don't crosspost. I just answered you in the General newsgroup. "Connie Wang" <chunping@yahoo.co...

array boundary exceeded
How much records can an unbounded string array handle in PowerBuilder? I use an unbounded String array in my code. Normally, It works fine, but I got this "array boundary exceeded" error when the code put big amount of data (like 40,000) to this array? So I'd like to know how much data PowerBuilder Array can handle. Thanks very much. Connie ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp Theoretically, it's only limited to the amount of memory available on your machine. Are you, perhaps, using an INT va...

Array boundery exceed error!
I met a problem PB's nonsense. << Script of cb_1 Clicked! >> 1: Integer li_index, li_readcount 2: 3: dw_lines.Retrieve(ls_return) 4: li_readcount = dw_lines.RowCount() 5: For li_index = 1 To li_readcount 6: lines_info[dw_lines.object.lineindex[li_index]].line_object.Visible = True 11: lines_info[dw_lines.object.lineindex[li_index]].used = True 12: Next << Window Structure >> lines_info[100] { line_object Line, used Boolean } Array boundery exceed Error occurs in line 6. When I debugging... li_index is 1 Then dw_lines.object.lin...

error error error

Arrays, Arrays, Arrays
I mainly come from a JScript classic ASP background and I'm liking both C#.net and JScript.net. Now I have to say... "What's happened to arrays?" They used to be so flexible and easy to use. Here are my quick questions... Am I allowed to create an array with a non specified length so that I can add to it? If not then how can I modify an array's length? Can I create an array with a named index eg myArray["apple"] = "tasty"; or is the hash table the equivalent for this now? The classic array methods and properties like pop(), push(), length etc... are ...

errors errors errors..

Error, Error and more errors

Concatenating arrays from arrays of arrays
Hello - I am trying to accumulate items in a flat list (array) by concatenating on to it the scalars contained in arrays which in turn are contained in arrays. The data is to be read in from a file rather than existing as literals in my code. Everything I try either crashes the computer or gives me an array of arrays instead of a flat list. I have been programming in Unicon which has a concatenate operator, but Perl makes very heavy weather of nested list management. Should I switch to Lisp, or is there a way of doing what I want to do in Perl? Regards _John Sampson_ On...

Error error error, help me
Hello, How do I populate a drop down list in asp.net from a database? I have a block of vbscript code that does the server side coding for it. My code is as follows.. <script language="vb" runat="server"> Dim objConn As OleDbConnection = New OleDbConnection("Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=c:\data\employee.mdb;") Dim Sql, valEmp As String Dim objDREmp as OleDbDataReader Sub FillEmployeeName(sender As Object, e As System.EventArgs) Sql = "select * from [Employee]" Dim objCommand As Ole...

referring to an array in an array of arrays
How can I get at an array in an array of arrays? I'm creating the arrays using: $fComments[$i++] = [ @comments ]; Now I want to get back what I put in: print "$fComments[0]\n"; but this prints ARRAY(0x107671f0). How do I follow that pointer? (I really think we need a pre-beginners list... =) TIA. - B You can try something like this: print "@{$fComments[0]}\n"; Which will attempt to dereference the array at $fComments[0]. -----Original Message----- From: Bryan R Harris [mailto:Bryan_R_Harris@raytheon.com] Sent: Tue...

How to unshift to an array in an array of arrays?
How to unshift to an array in an array of arrays? > -----Original Message----- > From: Angerstein [mailto:ang@nmc-m.dtag.de] > Sent: Wednesday, August 28, 2002 6:12 AM > To: beginners@perl.org > Subject: How to unshift to an array in an array of arrays? > > > How to unshift to an array in an array of arrays? $ perl -d -e 1 ..... DB<1> @aoa = ([qw(foo bar baz)]) << create array of arrays DB<2> x @aoa 0 ARRAY(0x80f82dc) 0 'foo' 1 'bar' 2 'baz' DB<3> unshift @{$aoa[0]}, 'qu...

deploy error:Deployment Error Deploying PBDs To Host Repository Location 'n_cst_fhbp0400' EAServer error code: SystemException: CORBA::COMM_FAILURE, exception code: 7
Sir, I deployed my PB components to EAServer 4.2.3.There are over 500 pbl files which would be deployed to EAServer. Most of them were deployed well.But there were some error about last 10 deployed pbl files. The error message like : Deployment Error Deploying PBDs To Host Repository Location 'n_cst_xxxxxx' EAServer error code: SystemException: CORBA::COMM_FAILURE, exception code: 7 I ued command line to deploy my application. Ex: c:\pb80 /workspace d:\cdshop\cdshop.pbw /deploy /output d:\tmp\cdshop.out I think OS socket numbers are not enough. ...

Jag. Errors
--------------B3B767A4D3A2EF640048440C Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi, have 2 simple questions: 1) What does the following messages mean: Nov 13 17:35:28 2000: SRVLIB Message: 16253/10/0: srv_thread_props(): property SRV_T_PWD not valid for service thread ... Nov 13 17:35:28 2000: SRVLIB Message: 16144/10/0: Server process '14' is not allocated in 'srv_thread_props() 2) Is there a complete document that describes the errors/warnings/messages Jag. server may produce ? (or asking too much ?...) =============...

Error or not error?
Hi gurus, hope you can help me with this problem: OS: Solaris 7 ASE: 12.5 I recently got some strange error messages when doing dbcc tablealloc with fix: *************************************************************** TABLE: hence_meaning OBJID = 100192376 INDID=0 FIRST=1817 ROOT=401935 SORT=0 INDID=2 FIRST=2882 ROOT=2881 SORT=1 Table Corrupt: Attempted to get page 330126, object 100192376; got page 0, object 0. Table Corrupt: Attempted to get page 272316, object 100192376; got page 0, object 0. Table Corrupt: Attempted to get page 322961, object 100192376; got p...

Jag error
We are running a standalone Pc running NT4.0 SP6 with PB version 8 build 6028 and are running Jaguar 3.6.1 build 36110. I am getting an error consistantly after running a component in my Jaguar Package which is causing Jaguar to "freeze". The error in the srv.log is: Dec 10 17:12:06 2002: cm__oci_error: Open Cursor. Dec 10 17:12:06 2002: cm__oci_error: Close failure. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- --- Jaguar Memory Error: invalid prefix (40000002) for memory block (4170A430) (probably caused by the continued use of a freed...

array of arrays
Hi, I have a simple question: how do I access an array in an array? @array = (@array1, array2); ### unless this is wrong... the idea behind it is, that I have a long list, and want to put all 25 entries in a seperate array in that big array. later on I want to be able to read one specific array at a certain position... -- cheers alex mailto:Keex@gmx.de you need to learn about references. read the: perldoc perllol here is the jist though. @all = (\@array1, \@array2 ... ); # ... so on to access first array and first element...

Array of Array.
How is possible to declare a DYNAMIC array of array ? I need something like a dynamic hash table whose pages grow up dynamically too (each one can have different number of elements). In other words, a matrix that can be dynamic in both dimension. example: [1,2,3...] [3,4..] [5] [6,7,8,9...] [.] .. .. .. Have you considered using a DataStore? -- <hopethishelps/> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] SDN CodeXchange -- http://codexchange.sybase.com "Marco Meoni - News" <mmeoni@usl4.toscana.it> wrote in message news:401ba036$1@forums-2-dub... > How ...

Array of arrays
Hi I'm trying to return from a web service a array of arrays, one of the arrays is a array of objects, which I tested separately and it's working fine, and another array of integer and another of strings. When I run the web service I got this:You must implement a default accessor on System.Array because it inherits from ICollectionDefault accessor what that means? Thank you very much.  As Heinlein said "specialization is for insects" explore beyond the universe. Could you pls post the relevant code ? hi rushan thank you for the reply the code is here:  ...

error after error
Hello, All I seem to be getting an error I don't quite understand. Can someone point out why I'm geeting this error? The first error states: unquoted string "subroutines" may clash with future reserved word at NPtest.pl line 6. after I quote "subroutines" I get an error that states: syntax error at NPtest.pl line 6, near "require" Execution of NPtest.pl aborted due to compilation errors. Heres the first script: #!/usr/bin/perl # NEWPACKAGE.pl package NEWPACKAGE sub printing1 {print "duh duh duh.\n&quo...

array of arrays
Hi. =20 Im using a multidimensional array in the following way: $array[$i][$j][$k] =3D [ @list ]; where, @list is a 2-D array ie. = $list[][]. How do I access the individual elements of the array @list once Ive put it = into the array @array? Thanks. -ty On Thu, Oct 18, 2001 at 02:28:41PM -0600, Tyler Cruickshank wrote: > $array[$i][$j][$k] = [ @list ]; where, @list is a 2-D array ie. $list[][]. > > How do I access the individual elements of the array @list once Ive put it > into the array @array? $array[$i][$j][$k][$l][$m] eq $list[$l][$m] Howev...

Array of Arrays
Hi, I am looking for a way to create an array of arrays which needs to be passed to Oracle database to minimize the round trips to hte server. I was successful in sending simple arrays so far but no idea on how to create array of arrays in PB. I have used structures to simulate this but looks like I can't send the PB structure to Oracle. Anyone has any suggestions? Thanks, Anil PB 11 or 12 I believe will have this native. <Anil> wrote in message news:422789a4.721c.1681692777@sybase.com... > Hi, > > I am looking for a way to create an array of ar...

Array of Arrays
Hi, I am looking for a way to create an array of arrays which needs to be passed to Oracle database to minimize the round trips to hte server. I was successful in sending simple arrays so far but no idea on how to create array of arrays in PB. I have used structures to simulate this but looks like I can't send the structure to Oracle. Anyone has any suggestions? Thanks, Anil Please don't cross-post. On 3 Mar 2005 14:02:47 -0800, Anil wrote: >Hi, > >I am looking for a way to create an array of arrays which >needs to be passed to Oracle database t...

EAServer error??
Hi, I have started getting the following error: Jul 02 14:23:11 2002: getUserInfo(user:) jaguar: Caught exception :org.omg.CORBA.OBJECT_NOT_EXIST: minor code: 0 completed: Yes We have no such method in our system. Things still work but why this error? EAserver version 4.1.0 build 41025 OS Window2000 Thanks, Vivek Vivek, This method is part of the authentication operation. Are you running custom authentication by chance? -- Scott McReynolds Engineering Manager <Vivek> wrote in message news:45CBE79A7EC41341006832898...

Web resources about - Jag Error: Array boundary exceeded... - sybase.easerver

Boundary (topology) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In topology and mathematics in general, the boundary of a subset S of a topological space X is the set of points which can be approached both ...

Council ward boundary changes a step closer
Brisbane is growing and so are its council wards, which is why the Electoral Commission of Queensland has moved to make changes.

Anger over 'absurd' plan for council boundary to split Majors Creek
Plans to split Majors Creek into two council areas labelled &quot;absurd&quot; and devoid of common sense.

Australia v New Zealand cricket first Test: Usman Khawaja's screamer of a boundary catch ends Kiwi innings ...
[ SMH - Text-only index ] Australia v New Zealand cricket first Test: Usman Khawaja's screamer of a boundary catch ends Kiwi innings Date: February ...

Labor backs talks on new maritime boundary with East Timor
A new border will give struggling Timor a greater share of rich oil and gas deposits in the Timor Sea East Timor believes the boundary should ...

Concerns over planned Gladstone port boundary
A proposed boundary for Queensland's Port of Gladstone fails to protect some vulnerable areas from development, conservationists say.

Proposed Calgary ward boundary adjustments raise concerns - Calgary Herald
Community associations and city councillors are concerned about newly proposed adjustments to Calgary's ward boundaries, stating citizens don't ...

Unclear maritime boundary with Indonesia takes toll on PH fishery
Government data show that the fishing sector's catch has been dwindling since 2010. Officials blame it on climate change. But others point to ...

Gotham Season 2 Will Push the Boundary of Bruce Wayne's Journey to Batman
In the last few episodes before the Season 2 mid-season break of Gotham, Bruce Wayne really [...]

Why is there a mysterious boundary deep in the Earth's mantle?
Two separate teams of scientists propose explanations for a suspected boundary marking a property change in our planet's mantle.