Jag 3.5, NT 4.0, ODBC Databse connection

Help!  My group has been consistenly having a problem with database 
connections through Jaguar.  A PING of the database through the connection 
cache from Manager fails.  The log reads as follows:

Jan 31 10:39:06 2001: cm__odbc_alloc:alloc connection MEMORY_ERROR
Jan 31 10:39:06 2001: cm__odbc_alloc or cm__ctlib_alloc MEMORY_ERROR
Jan 31 10:39:06 2001: Try setting number of connections to a lower value

We are using Jag 3.5, Windows NT 4.0 and find the problem with all ODBC 
sources whether samples or ones we create.

In a classroom situation, the combo of Jag 3.5 and NT worked, but this is a 
different install.

I saw messages concerning a similar problem on Win2000, but never saw an 
answer other than that Jag 3.5 isn't Win200 certified.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!  Thanks.
0
S_Wylie
1/31/2001 4:01:00 PM
sybase.easerver 11371 articles. 0 followers. Follow

7 Replies
326 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 34

Upgrade to EBF C4 of 3.5 or downgrade your ODBC to 3.51 or previous.

On Wed, 31 Jan 2001 11:01:00 -0500, S_Wylie wrote:

>Help!  My group has been consistenly having a problem with database 
>connections through Jaguar.  A PING of the database through the connection 
>cache from Manager fails.  The log reads as follows:
>
>Jan 31 10:39:06 2001: cm__odbc_alloc:alloc connection MEMORY_ERROR
>Jan 31 10:39:06 2001: cm__odbc_alloc or cm__ctlib_alloc MEMORY_ERROR
>Jan 31 10:39:06 2001: Try setting number of connections to a lower value
>
>We are using Jag 3.5, Windows NT 4.0 and find the problem with all ODBC 
>sources whether samples or ones we create.
>
>In a classroom situation, the combo of Jag 3.5 and NT worked, but this is a 
>different install.
>
>I saw messages concerning a similar problem on Win2000, but never saw an 
>answer other than that Jag 3.5 isn't Win200 certified.
>
>Any thoughts would be appreciated!  Thanks.

0
joneil
1/31/2001 4:56:15 PM
What is your ODBC version??

Jaguar 3.5 has problem with latest ODBC version.

Downgrade your ODBC and it will work.

Search this newsgroup and you'll find couple posts on the issue.

Tarik

<S_Wylie> wrote in message
news:61C97811BC08F0E20057FB8D852569E5.0057FBA3852569E5@webforums...
> Help!  My group has been consistenly having a problem with database
> connections through Jaguar.  A PING of the database through the connection
> cache from Manager fails.  The log reads as follows:
>
> Jan 31 10:39:06 2001: cm__odbc_alloc:alloc connection MEMORY_ERROR
> Jan 31 10:39:06 2001: cm__odbc_alloc or cm__ctlib_alloc MEMORY_ERROR
> Jan 31 10:39:06 2001: Try setting number of connections to a lower value
>
> We are using Jag 3.5, Windows NT 4.0 and find the problem with all ODBC
> sources whether samples or ones we create.
>
> In a classroom situation, the combo of Jag 3.5 and NT worked, but this is
a
> different install.
>
> I saw messages concerning a similar problem on Win2000, but never saw an
> answer other than that Jag 3.5 isn't Win200 certified.
>
> Any thoughts would be appreciated!  Thanks.


0
Tarik
1/31/2001 4:56:32 PM
Oh yeah.

What is this latest version of ODBC you are referring to?  Run odbcad32 and
tell me what is displayed in the About window.

Mark
"Tarik Makota" <makota-tarik@att.net> wrote in message
news:y5MZvm6iAHA.217@forums.sybase.com...
> What is your ODBC version??
>
> Jaguar 3.5 has problem with latest ODBC version.
>
> Downgrade your ODBC and it will work.
>
> Search this newsgroup and you'll find couple posts on the issue.
>
> Tarik
>
> <S_Wylie> wrote in message
> news:61C97811BC08F0E20057FB8D852569E5.0057FBA3852569E5@webforums...
> > Help!  My group has been consistenly having a problem with database
> > connections through Jaguar.  A PING of the database through the
connection
> > cache from Manager fails.  The log reads as follows:
> >
> > Jan 31 10:39:06 2001: cm__odbc_alloc:alloc connection MEMORY_ERROR
> > Jan 31 10:39:06 2001: cm__odbc_alloc or cm__ctlib_alloc MEMORY_ERROR
> > Jan 31 10:39:06 2001: Try setting number of connections to a lower value
> >
> > We are using Jag 3.5, Windows NT 4.0 and find the problem with all ODBC
> > sources whether samples or ones we create.
> >
> > In a classroom situation, the combo of Jag 3.5 and NT worked, but this
is
> a
> > different install.
> >
> > I saw messages concerning a similar problem on Win2000, but never saw an
> > answer other than that Jag 3.5 isn't Win200 certified.
> >
> > Any thoughts would be appreciated!  Thanks.
>
>


0
Mark
2/1/2001 4:08:54 AM
Thanks, all, for the info.  For the record, we're running 3.520 
(3.520.4403.2 to the bitter end.)
0
S_Wylie
2/1/2001 1:45:01 PM
dude,

check the dll i am not here to tell you what Microsoft does.

and by the way i did not create ODBC so what is your point???


"Mark DeLaFranier" <delafran@sybase.com> wrote in message
news:beZuHcAjAHA.309@forums.sybase.com...
> Oh yeah.
>
> What is this latest version of ODBC you are referring to?  Run odbcad32
and
> tell me what is displayed in the About window.
>
> Mark
> "Tarik Makota" <makota-tarik@att.net> wrote in message
> news:y5MZvm6iAHA.217@forums.sybase.com...
> > What is your ODBC version??
> >
> > Jaguar 3.5 has problem with latest ODBC version.
> >
> > Downgrade your ODBC and it will work.
> >
> > Search this newsgroup and you'll find couple posts on the issue.
> >
> > Tarik
> >
> > <S_Wylie> wrote in message
> > news:61C97811BC08F0E20057FB8D852569E5.0057FBA3852569E5@webforums...
> > > Help!  My group has been consistenly having a problem with database
> > > connections through Jaguar.  A PING of the database through the
> connection
> > > cache from Manager fails.  The log reads as follows:
> > >
> > > Jan 31 10:39:06 2001: cm__odbc_alloc:alloc connection MEMORY_ERROR
> > > Jan 31 10:39:06 2001: cm__odbc_alloc or cm__ctlib_alloc MEMORY_ERROR
> > > Jan 31 10:39:06 2001: Try setting number of connections to a lower
value
> > >
> > > We are using Jag 3.5, Windows NT 4.0 and find the problem with all
ODBC
> > > sources whether samples or ones we create.
> > >
> > > In a classroom situation, the combo of Jag 3.5 and NT worked, but this
> is
> > a
> > > different install.
> > >
> > > I saw messages concerning a similar problem on Win2000, but never saw
an
> > > answer other than that Jag 3.5 isn't Win200 certified.
> > >
> > > Any thoughts would be appreciated!  Thanks.
> >
> >
>
>


0
Tarik
2/1/2001 3:02:52 PM
A little older than the one that I am running.  I have 3.520.5302.2 without
doing any specific ODBC updates.

I am also running Win 2000 SP1.

Mark

<S_Wylie> wrote in message
news:9777D42A165B178E004B889E852569E6.0047DF2B852569E6@webforums...
> Thanks, all, for the info.  For the record, we're running 3.520
> (3.520.4403.2 to the bitter end.)


0
Mark
2/1/2001 3:09:02 PM
Just upgrade to the C4 EBF of EAServer 3.5 or to 3.6.

On Thu, 1 Feb 2001 08:45:01 -0500, S_Wylie wrote:

>Thanks, all, for the info.  For the record, we're running 3.520 
>(3.520.4403.2 to the bitter end.)

0
joneil
2/1/2001 3:27:16 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

PB 5.0.4 and ASA 6.0.3 with ODBC 3.0.28.xxx
Hi, I've tried applying ODBC 3.0.28 over the 3.0.51 version from ASA 6.0.3 and still have problems, but this time it's the "no catalogue tables" and "xxx has no columns" when opening a table. No database access is successful. I've applied the PB 5.0.4 EBF #3 from the support library too. Please help. Thanks and regards, Andre Lipinski hello... I'm facing the same problem but my PB is version 6.5.1 Any solution yet from sybase pertaining to the problem........ Thanks a lot Andre Lipinski <AndreL@globalserve.net> wrote in messa...

[ANN] Security Advisory for Bugzilla 3.0.10, 3.2.5, 3.4.4, and 3.5.2
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE----- Hash: SHA1 Summary ======= Bugzilla is a Web-based bug-tracking system, used by a large number of software projects. This advisory covers two security issues that have recently been fixed in the Bugzilla code: + Some files stored on the web server are not correctly protected against external access and can be viewed from a web browser. + Restricting a bug to a group while moving the bug to another product has no effect if the group is not used by both products. The bug may become public if no other group restriction applies. All...

SA 5.0.0.3 slow down on NT 4.0 server
We are having a problem with SA 5.0.0.3 slowing down over a period of time on an NT 4.0 (Service Pak 2) server Searches that used to take 5-15 secs start taking longer and longer, sometimes as long as 2-3 MINUTES. The only "solution" we have found is to shutdown the server. A warm reboot is not sufficient to return the performance to normal. We must power off the machine and restart. Once we do this, we are back to seconds for searches. Does anybody else have any input for this problem....Have already opened an issue with Sybase, seeking additional info to help diagnose the ...

Can't set up Watcom 4.0 ODBC driver on NT 3.51 or 4.0
When I try to set up a datasource using ODBC and the Watcom 4.0 drivers, I click OK, then retunr to setup and all of my ODBC settings are gone. The Watcom ODBC driver will not save my settings, only the datasource name. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance, G. Crisp gcrisp@mindspring.com ...

Virus Detection S/W (Netware 4.11) Compatible w/SQL Anywhere 5.5.0.3 & 5.5.0.4
<HTML> Does anyone have any recommendations as to a virus detection software for Netware (4.11) that is compatible with SQL Anywhere 5.5.0.3 or 5.5.0.4?&nbsp; Our customer was using Cheyenne's Innoculan which shut the database/service down and they are looking for a proven alternative. <BR>Thanks, <BR>Stacy Zacher <BR>M&amp;I Data Services, Inc.</HTML> Stacy Zacher wrote: > > Does anyone have any recommendations as to a virus detection software > for Netware (4.11) that is compatible with SQL Anywhere 5.5.0.3 or > 5.5.0.4? ...

1.5.0.0.3 vs 1.5.0.0.4
I have had numerous difficulties with FF 1.5.0.0.4, in particular, some sites often just hang when I click on links. A particularly bad site is Dell http://www.dell.com/, which - when I try to configure a computer - gets all kinds of "waiting for dell" status bar messages. I tried it with a clean profile, to no avail. It works flawlessly with IE. I downloaded fresh copies of 1.5.0.3 and 1.5.0.4 with the intent of uninstalling the latter and then trying the former. *The uninstall process hung*. So I installed 1.5.0.3 on top of 1.5.0.4. The Dell site now works fl...

When updating from 3.0.15, Firefox updated to 3.5.4 instead of 3.5.5
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: When updating from 3.0.15, Firefox updated to 3.5.4 instead of 3.5.5 Comments: Possibly by design, but when autoupdating from 3.0.15, Firefox updated to 3.5.4 instead of 3.5.5. I would assume this is known, but it seems strange and was the case across a wide number of systems that I updated today. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.5) Gecko/20091102 Firefox/3.5.5 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but...

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; fr; rv:1.9.2.4) Gecko/20100413 Firefox/3.6.4
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; fr; rv:1.9.2.4) Gecko/20100413 Firefox/3.6.4 Comments: tell me that there is update awaiting after downloded, can't install it integrity not checked after few time, fire fox stop working Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; fr; rv:1.9.2.4) Gecko/20100413 Firefox/3.6.4 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

[ANN] Release of Bugzilla 4.5.3, 4.4.3, 4.2.8, and 4.0.12
Today we are releasing 4.4.3, 4.2.8, 4.0.12, and the unstable development snapshot 4.5.3. All of today's releases contain security fixes. We recommend all Bugzilla administrators to read the Security Advisory linked below. Bugzilla 4.4.3 is our latest stable release. It contains various useful bug fixes, performance improvements and security fixes for the 4.4 branch. Bugzilla 4.2.8 and 4.0.12 are security updates for the 4.2 branch and the 4.0 branches, respectively. 4.2.8 also contains several bug fixes. Note that 4.5.3 is an unstable development release a...

Security advisory for Bugzilla 4.5.3, 4.4.3, 4.2.8, and 4.0.12
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE----- Hash: SHA1 Summary ======= Bugzilla is a Web-based bug-tracking system used by a large number of software projects. The following security issues have been discovered in Bugzilla: * The login form had no CSRF protection, meaning that an attacker could force the victim to log in using the attacker's credentials. * Dangerous control characters can be inserted into Bugzilla, notably into bug comments, which can then be used to execute local commands. All affected installations are encouraged to upgrade as soon as possible. Vuln...

[ANN] Release of Bugzilla 3.0.10, 3.2.6, 3.4.5, and 3.5.3
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE----- Hash: SHA1 Today we have four new releases: Bugzilla 3.4.5 is our latest stable release. It contains various useful bug fixes and security improvements. Bugzilla 3.2.6 is a security update for the 3.2 branch, and Bugzilla 3.0.11 is a security update for the 3.0 branch. Bugzilla 3.5.3 is our latest unstable development release. We are now feature-frozen for 3.6, so though there will be a few functional changes between now and the final release, this is mostly what 3.6 will look like when it comes out. As usual with development release...

PB 5.0 Connectivity on Windows NT 4.0
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------664658C74AC8 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Everyone, I am sitting her ein India, Bangalore, without WAN connectivity t Sybase, trying to Install PB 5.0, please help us out with this problem. Email me back at anup@sybase.com. --------------664658C74AC8 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; name="Pb50.txt" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Disposition: inline; filename="Pb50.txt" Please Help, We are in process of Installing PB 5.0 on NT...

connecting easerver manager to easerver 5.3.0 not compatible
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-1-dub45dd534a Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit hi. i have a problem. i have a easerver 5.3.0 installed. i can start the server with no problem. however , when i try to connect into the EAServer manager, it says that my version is for version 4. When i look at my About EAServer Manager , it says its version 5.2. How do i solve this , as i cannot log into the EAServer manager. Thanks. ---=_forums-1-dub45dd534a Content-Type: image/pjpeg; name="jaguar_manager...

Proplem with..Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.3) Gecko/20090824 Firefox/3.5.3 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Name: Tony Email: Accuscopeathotmaildotcodotuk Product: Firefox Summary: Proplem with..Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.3) Gecko/20090824 Firefox/3.5.3 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) Comments: I have used Firefox for many years but I am not happy with latest version. You can set options such as home page and security and privacy settings but as soon as you close the browser and re start it remembers none of the settings??? Very frustrating! I have re-installed several times and rebooted every time but it always goes back to a default page as though I had just do...

Web resources about - Jag 3.5, NT 4.0, ODBC Databse connection - sybase.easerver

Connection - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License ;additional terms may apply. By using this site, you agree to the ...

iMedia Connection: Interactive Marketing News, Features, Podcasts and Video - iMediaConnection.com
If you send more email, you might make more money. Then again, you might destroy your reputation and revenue stream. Here's how to know what ...

HTTP persistent connection - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... tacked on to an existing protocol. If the browser supports keep-alive, it adds an additional header to the request: Following this, the connection ...

MOTHER’S DAY: Facebook Examines Connections Between Moms, Kids
With Mother’s Day on the calendar this coming Sunday, Facebook examined the relationships between mothers and their children on the social network, ...

Ben Garcia gives Penrith Panthers a new French connection
Should he jag a game in the NRL, Ben Garcia will become just the third genuine French import to do so.

Man Charged With Aggravated Arson In Connection To Columbus Warehouse Fire
Police have charged 30-year-old Robin Toms with aggravated arson.

Fictional Lawyers Use Their Family Connections Too
This film character had a family connection to his lawyer.

This Is How Facebook Is Working to Improve Experience On Slower Connections
... the globe, that’s not their situation . In recent years, Facebook has paid close attention to its user experience on 2G and other slow connections. ...

Addappt now lets you block contacts and connections
... gives you even more control than before. New features Block a current contact from connecting if they use Addappt down the road Block a connection ...

Facebook becomes more adept at dealing with crappy connections
... to get a decent phone signal to allow you to post a photo of your meal. Joking aside, in countries where people are struggling with 2G connections ...

Resources last updated: 12/16/2015 4:16:38 AM