how to use open client in powersite?

hi,
i have a problem about how to use open client in powersite.
when i use a htmlDatawindow ActiveX object , it only use a ODBC database
connection.
i want to use a store procedure on a Sybase SQL Server. the following error
is appears :

  ERROR: Retrieve Failed = -1 *****
Select error: SQLSTATE = 01S01 [INTERSOLV][ODBC SQL Server driver]Error in
row.

My store procedure is :
********************
create procedure p_test
@code varchar(2)
as
begin
 create table #abc(a integer)

end

0
john

That looks like a Microsoft ODBC driver not a Sybase ASE Driver.

Dave Wolf
Internet Applications Division

john <wujun@990.net> wrote in message
> hi,
> i have a problem about how to use open client in powersite.
> when i use a htmlDatawindow ActiveX object , it only use a ODBC database
> connection.
> i want to use a store procedure on a Sybase SQL Server. the following
error
> is appears :
>
>   ERROR: Retrieve Failed = -1 *****
> Select error: SQLSTATE = 01S01 [INTERSOLV][ODBC SQL Server driver]Error in
> row.
>
> My store procedure is :
> ********************
> create procedure p_test
> @code varchar(2)
> as
> begin
>  create table #abc(a integer)
>
> end

0
Dave

Using Open Client libraries in PowerSite
When I create a html datawindow, I only have the choice of ODBC for database connectivity. Is it possible to use Open Client instead ? Basant You'll have to modify the generated DynsScript to use the OpenClient named cache. Dave Wolf Internet Applications Division GDI <basant_g@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:fNVzqd0S$GA.164@forums.sybase.com... > When I create a html datawindow, I only have the choice of ODBC for database > connectivity. Is it possible to use Open Client instead ? > > Basant > > Thanks Dave, I will try that...

Using Open Client
Hi all. I have always used ODBC to connect my PB apps to ASA (if I remember well, for a long time it was the only possible way to connect). I have never used Open Client. Can this be considered a "native" driver for ASA?. Are there any advantages in using it instead of ODBC? Is there a place (besides ASA's documentation) where I could learn how to use it? I would appreciate any information on these matters. TIA Diego Marrero OpenClient is not native to ASA. OpenClient is provided to allow for compatibility to Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE). ASA alters its b...

EAServer and IQ Open/Client
Is it possible to set up OpenClient connection to Sybase IQ via EAServer? Regards, Jan Eivind Stillingen That depends. Could you give us a better idea what you are trying to do? Jonathan -- -------------------- Jonathan Baker eBusiness Division Sybase, Inc. "Jan Eivind Stillingen" <jstillin@sybase.com> wrote in message news:3d6e02ac.51424875@forums.sybase.com... > Is it possible to set up OpenClient connection to Sybase IQ via > EAServer? > > Regards, > Jan Eivind Stillingen ...

Open Client & Powersite ?
When i use a storeprocedre in pb,it works ok. but come to jaguar, the following error appears: ************************ ERROR: Retrieve Failed = -1 ***** Select error: SQLSTATE = S1000 [INTERSOLV][ODBC SQL Server driver][SQL Server]The 'CREATE TABLE' command is not allowed within a multi-statement transaction in the 'tempdb' database. ************************ and how can i config open client in powersite? If powersite's database connection support ODBC ONLY ? Thanks in advance. I think the problem is the AutoCommit parm setting for your database conne...

EAServer open client events HELPPP
Hi! I need to put Jaguar between OpenClient and ASE, providing connection pooling. I have read the Jaguar Programmers guide, migrating Open Server to Jaguar. I am on Solaris, but i cant even make one event handler. Problems with makefile. Does anyone have a simple code example with Makefile for Sun Solaris 2.x ? This is very important for Sybase Portugal Thanks in advance Marco Oliveira marco.oliveira@sybase.pt ...

Problem Using Open Client with ASA7
From the ASA 7 help file,I find that ASA 7 can be used as an open server,so i run dbsrv7 and use dsedit to setup a connecttion.In my desedit I Can ping the ASA server successfully,but when I using isql to confirm the connecttion, it return an error with ct_connect,error number is -75.I create the database as emulating ASE.And,the open client and isql is the one shiped by ASE 11.9.2. Could you give me some advice? Another Qustion,could PB 7 using DIR driver connect to ASA 7? Thanks a lot. Your dsedit entry for the ASA server must have the same name as the databas...

How to Use SSL in Powerbuilder Client for EAServer?
I want to Use SSL in Powerbuilder Client for EAServer,But after Read Sybase'documents,I still can't find a clear steps,I need a simply clear Steps,SOS,Who can Help me? -- Qianhaiyuan (Mr.) Gotop System Mobile:13307113338 Phone:027-87561071-238 eMail: qianhy@egotop.com MSN: qianhy2@hotmail.com Pseudo/actual code with minimal error handling icn_jaguar.location = 'iiops://my_server_address:9001' //get ssl service provider ll_rc = getcontextservice( "SSLServiceProvider", l_sslsp ) if ll_rc <> 1 then error // Set the QOP ll_rc = l_s...

Secure communications using Open client
I want to make a secure connection between my client application (PB 5.0.2) and SQL Server 11.0.2 (Open VMS) or SQL Server 11.0.3 (Win NT) and using Open Client (11.1.x). Is it possible with this configuration? If No what do I have to change? � Jan Eijlers P.S. Please also reply to eijlers@casema.Net ...

using Open Client from a multi threaded method
I am using Open Client in a method that is getting called from a multi-threaded application that is running on True64 Unix. I am linking with the following libraries: LIBRARIES=-lpthread -lpthreads /usr/sybase/OCS-12_0/devlib/libct_r.a \ /usr/sybase/OCS-12_0/devlib/libcs_r.a \ /usr/sybase/OCS-12_0/devlib/libtcl_r.a \ /usr/sybase/OCS-12_0/devlib/libcomn_r.a \ /usr/sybase/OCS-12_0/devlib/libintl_r.a \ -lm However, I continue to get the following unresolved: Unresolved: clock_gettime sem_init sem_destroy sem_wait sem_trywait sem_post Does anyone have any clue as to what ...

MASP client/Open Client
We are using Oracle 8x as our db. Our datawindow selects and updates are completed via stored procs. Does this make them a jag MASP client - If so, if we switch from using the Oracle native drivers to ODBC - do we have to configure Open Client? (there is a bit of a write up about this on p. 48 of Installation Guide sent with PB 7 but I don't know if it applies to non-sybase dbs) -- Jenine Serviolo 757.865.8440 x116 MASP refers to the way the client talks to Jaguar, it has nothing to do with database access that the server or components may make. You need Open Clie...

Password Encryption through Open Client using Delphi
I am going to develop a client application using Delphi 6 Enterprise Edition to access Sybase using Open Client with password encryption feature. I have read passages on how to do password encryption through Open Client. However, it looked like C code. Can anyone enlighten me on how and where to put the password encryption codes in my Delphi program. I am quite sure it should be somewhere around the database component property. But I don't know what exactly to do. Thanks for your help. ...

How to configure both server and client with using EAServer and PowerBuilder?
Hi, If I am using PowerBuilder version 8.0.3 Build 9704 & EAServer version 3.6.1 Build 36108, how can I configure both the server and client setting so that I can use web-site to access the database for reporting purpose. Thanks! ...

Opening Default Mail Client using VB.NET
Hi Guys, I am new to this forum. I have a quick question about Default Mail Client. I am using VisualStudio.Net2003 and Language VB. I am trying to open a default mail client with the click of a button. Here is my code  system.diagnostics.process.start("mailto:address@domain.com") I am getting the following error The parameter is incorrect StackTrace at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo) "Any Idea..? the same code when i used with Visual Studio.Net2005 it works. Appreciate your help Thanks You're coding for asp.ne...

can i use Open-Client Caches in Java components?
Can i use Open-Client for connecting to the database and use that ConnectionCache in my Java Components. No, use jConnect. Dave Wolf Internet Applications Division sanjay wrote: > Can i use Open-Client for connecting to the database and use that > ConnectionCache in my Java Components. --------------9FAEE78C196F7EF56F03AF12 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi David, I also found this in the jaguar documentation(text at the end of the mail), At the top it mentions that we can connect components to databases using ...

Web resources about - how to use open client in powersite? - sybase.easerver

Branson, Missouri - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Coordinates: 36°38′16″N 93°15′18″W  /  36.63778°N 93.255°W  / 36.63778; -93.255 Coordinates : 36°38′16″N 93°15′18″W  /  36.63778°N 93.255°W ...

Trade Statistics
Newcastle Port Corporation

Site Map
Rural Rural Health Workforce Australia is the peak body for the state and territory Rural Workforce Agencies. Our not-for-profit Network attracts, ...

CVBC - ONLINE REGISTRY
College of Veterinarians of British Columbia July 26, 2014 « Home ARCHIVE Bylaw Review Law & Policies ONLINE REGISTRY » REGISTRY - DISCIPLINARY ...

Encorp Pacific (Canada) - Beverage Container Recycling
Complete listings of what can be recycled and what fees and deposits are applicable.

Inventory Management Made Easy - AutoRevo
... listings of all vehicle options, equipment, and factory paint colors. Unlimited Vehicle Photos Unlike many other providers, AutoRevo PowerSites ...

Sybase debuts Web tools
Sybase is continuing its comeback in the database and development tool market, debuting packages for building intranet and Internet applications. ...

Itemizer
The Itemizer Itemizations for filing 1019658 by Unintimidated PAC Inc. Number of itemizations on this schedule: 263 Form type Entity Type Donor ...

Online Harassment
On June 6, a stranger from Powersite, Missouri, emailed a female witness to a sexual assault case at Occidental College in Los Angeles to complain ...

OpenGate Capital Signs Agreement to Acquire PennySaver from Harte-Hanks, Inc.
Print and Digital Marketing Operations Serve Local California and National Businesses LOS ANGELES, CA– September 19, 2013 – OpenGate Capital, ...