how to use a customizer HTML Datawindow component in Jaguar

Hi,

I try to use a customizer HTML Datawindow component in Jaguar instead of the
basic HTML Datawindow.
I use it to define the name of the DW and the parameters of the connection.

That's the result on my browser:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
--
Warning: undefined variable newObject.sourceLocation.sourceURL[sourceURL]
near line 695 in "/testhtmldw.htm" Warning: undefined variable
newObject.sourceLocation.sourceFileName[sourceFileName] near line 696 in
"/testhtmldw.htm" Warning: undefined variable
newObject.sourceLocation.dwName[dwName] near line 697 in "/testhtmldw.htm"
Test datawindow sp�cialis�e

ERROR: DataWindow definition not set.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
--

The source code of the object in PowerSite is
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
--
 jagConn = new PSJaguarConnection("Synapse_p1:9000", "jagadmin", "",
"testpb7dw/ListeActivitesDW", false);
 dwMine = new PSDataWindowClass("htmlDW", true, jagConn);
 dwMine.Generate();
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
--

In jaguar, I've specified the following properties for my new component
com.sybase.datawindow.sourceFileName = <fully qualified path to my .pbl>
com.sybase.datawindow.dwObjectName = <name of the dw in the .pbl>
and some others concerning the connection et the behaviour of the component.

What's wrong ?

Thanks for your help.

Bertrand Leiser.


0
Bertrand
9/23/1999 11:23:15 AM
sybase.easerver 11371 articles. 0 followers. Follow

3 Replies
389 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 25

Bertrand,

Did you build a new HTML Datawindow Generator by modifying the PowerBuilder
code or did you just set the properties in JagAdmin?  If you created a new
one, there are a few things to be aware of:

1.  The component must be stateful (no auto demarcation)
2.  Your server side JavaScript must reference the component methods using
Lower Case.
3.  You must generate stubs and skeletons for the new component (from Jag
Manager - Right Click on the Component)
4.  You must compile the Java Stubs (javac *.java).
5.  You should shut down and restart Jaguar after compiling.
6.  You may have to shut down and restart PowerDynamo  (Bouncing the Host
Machine is the easiest)

Hope this helps.

--
Timothy P. Beck
IntelliServe LLC
An Intelligent Choice
www.intelliserve.com
tpbeck@intelliserve.com
(760) 431-1310

Bertrand Leiser <leiser@synapse-info.com> wrote in message
news:r4f8sUbB$GA.285@forums.sybase.com...
> Hi,
>
> I try to use a customizer HTML Datawindow component in Jaguar instead of
the
> basic HTML Datawindow.
> I use it to define the name of the DW and the parameters of the
connection.
>
> That's the result on my browser:
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------
--
> --
> Warning: undefined variable newObject.sourceLocation.sourceURL[sourceURL]
> near line 695 in "/testhtmldw.htm" Warning: undefined variable
> newObject.sourceLocation.sourceFileName[sourceFileName] near line 696 in
> "/testhtmldw.htm" Warning: undefined variable
> newObject.sourceLocation.dwName[dwName] near line 697 in "/testhtmldw.htm"
> Test datawindow sp�cialis�e
>
> ERROR: DataWindow definition not set.
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------
--
> --
>
> The source code of the object in PowerSite is
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------
--
> --
>  jagConn = new PSJaguarConnection("Synapse_p1:9000", "jagadmin", "",
> "testpb7dw/ListeActivitesDW", false);
>  dwMine = new PSDataWindowClass("htmlDW", true, jagConn);
>  dwMine.Generate();
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------
--
> --
>
> In jaguar, I've specified the following properties for my new component
> com.sybase.datawindow.sourceFileName = <fully qualified path to my .pbl>
> com.sybase.datawindow.dwObjectName = <name of the dw in the .pbl>
> and some others concerning the connection et the behaviour of the
component.
>
> What's wrong ?
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Bertrand Leiser.
>
>


0
Timothy
9/23/1999 1:14:46 PM
Hi Timothy,

I don't build a new HTML Datawindow Generator but I've added a new package
in Jagadmin with an new component based on DataWindow::HTMLGenerator.
After that, I've had it some properties to define the DW used and the DBMS
connection parms.


Timothy P Beck <tpbeck@intelliserve.com> a �crit dans le message :
rwPdGUcB$GA.286@forums.sybase.com...
> Bertrand,
>
> Did you build a new HTML Datawindow Generator by modifying the
PowerBuilder
> code or did you just set the properties in JagAdmin?  If you created a new
> one, there are a few things to be aware of:
>
> 1.  The component must be stateful (no auto demarcation)
> 2.  Your server side JavaScript must reference the component methods using
> Lower Case.
> 3.  You must generate stubs and skeletons for the new component (from Jag
> Manager - Right Click on the Component)
> 4.  You must compile the Java Stubs (javac *.java).
> 5.  You should shut down and restart Jaguar after compiling.
> 6.  You may have to shut down and restart PowerDynamo  (Bouncing the Host
> Machine is the easiest)
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> --
> Timothy P. Beck
> IntelliServe LLC
> An Intelligent Choice
> www.intelliserve.com
> tpbeck@intelliserve.com
> (760) 431-1310
>



0
Bertrand
9/23/1999 1:35:42 PM
Bertrand,

Did you generate stubs and skeletons and compile the stubs?  Also, after
stubs and skeletons, you need to bounce both Jaguar and PowerDynamo
(usually, bouncing the server is the best method for accomplishing this
task)?

--
Timothy P. Beck
IntelliServe LLC
An Intelligent Choice
www.intelliserve.com
tpbeck@intelliserve.com
(760) 431-1310

Bertrand Leiser <leiser@synapse-info.com> wrote in message
news:H8gPtecB$GA.266@forums.sybase.com...
> Hi Timothy,
>
> I don't build a new HTML Datawindow Generator but I've added a new package
> in Jagadmin with an new component based on DataWindow::HTMLGenerator.
> After that, I've had it some properties to define the DW used and the DBMS
> connection parms.
>
>
> Timothy P Beck <tpbeck@intelliserve.com> a �crit dans le message :
> rwPdGUcB$GA.286@forums.sybase.com...
> > Bertrand,
> >
> > Did you build a new HTML Datawindow Generator by modifying the
> PowerBuilder
> > code or did you just set the properties in JagAdmin?  If you created a
new
> > one, there are a few things to be aware of:
> >
> > 1.  The component must be stateful (no auto demarcation)
> > 2.  Your server side JavaScript must reference the component methods
using
> > Lower Case.
> > 3.  You must generate stubs and skeletons for the new component (from
Jag
> > Manager - Right Click on the Component)
> > 4.  You must compile the Java Stubs (javac *.java).
> > 5.  You should shut down and restart Jaguar after compiling.
> > 6.  You may have to shut down and restart PowerDynamo  (Bouncing the
Host
> > Machine is the easiest)
> >
> > Hope this helps.
> >
> > --
> > Timothy P. Beck
> > IntelliServe LLC
> > An Intelligent Choice
> > www.intelliserve.com
> > tpbeck@intelliserve.com
> > (760) 431-1310
> >
>
>
>


0
Timothy
9/23/1999 8:57:14 PM
Reply: