How can I set client side values as server side values?

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how I can get client side values such as
document.referrer, navigator.appName etc... into server side scripts?
There are some client side values I'd like to set as session vars and
insert into the db?

How do I go about this?

Thanks for any pointers

Davlon
PS (I'm using powersite 7.1.0.300)

0
GothicCastle

Pass them as page parameters, e.g.,

http://myserver/myurl?document.referrer=whatever&navigator.appName=yadayada

Then, in your server-side script, just loop through the document.value array
and get these values.

--
pbm_hopethishelps,
Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase]

"^*^GothicCastle^*^" <^*^GothicCastle^*^@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Can anyone tell me how I can get client side values such as
> document.referrer, navigator.appName etc... into server side scripts?
> There are some client side values I'd like to set as session vars and
> insert into the db?
>
> How do I go about this?
>
> Thanks for any pointers
>
> Davlon
> PS (I'm using powersite 7.1.0.300)

0
Roy
8/7/2000 3:43:06 PM
--------------DBB57F9885D6DFF65B745BEB

Roy,

Thanks for the reply.

If I'm passing these as Page Params could I not pick them up using
psDocument.GetParam('value');?

Davlon

"Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase]" wrote:

> Pass them as page parameters, e.g.,
>
> http://myserver/myurl?document.referrer=whatever&navigator.appName=yadayada
>
> Then, in your server-side script, just loop through the document.value array
> and get these values.
>
> --
> pbm_hopethishelps,
> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase]
> Sybase Developer Network (SDN) - http://sdn.sybase.com
> MySybase - http://my.sybase.com
>
> "^*^GothicCastle^*^" <^*^GothicCastle^*^@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > Can anyone tell me how I can get client side values such as
> > document.referrer, navigator.appName etc... into server side scripts?
> > There are some client side values I'd like to set as session vars and
> > insert into the db?
> >
> > How do I go about this?
> >
> > Thanks for any pointers
> >
> > Davlon
> > PS (I'm using powersite 7.1.0.300)

--------------DBB57F9885D6DFF65B745BEB

Roy,
array
and

--------------DBB57F9885D6DFF65B745BEB--

0
GothicCastle

------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C0006F.44F74700

Sure -- after all, psDocument.GetParam() is nothing but a wrapper around =
the document.value array -- look in the objMod.ssc script to see how =
it's implemented.

--=20
pbm_hopethishelps,
Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase]
Sybase Developer Network (SDN) - http://sdn.sybase.com
MySybase - http://my.sybase.com

  "^*^GothicCastle^*^" <^*^GothicCastle^*^@hotmail.com> wrote in message =
  Roy,=20
  Thanks for the reply.=20

  If I'm passing these as Page Params could I not pick them up using =
psDocument.GetParam('value');?=20

  Davlon=20

  "Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase]" wrote:=20

    Pass them as page parameters, e.g.,=20
    =
http://myserver/myurl?document.referrer=3Dwhatever&navigator.appName=3Dya=
dayada=20

    Then, in your server-side script, just loop through the =
document.value array=20
    and get these values.=20

    --=20
    pbm_hopethishelps,=20
    Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase]=20
    Sybase Developer Network (SDN) - http://sdn.sybase.com=20
    MySybase - http://my.sybase.com=20

    "^*^GothicCastle^*^" <^*^GothicCastle^*^@hotmail.com> wrote in =
message=20
    > Hi,=20
    >=20
    > Can anyone tell me how I can get client side values such as=20
    > document.referrer, navigator.appName etc... into server side =
scripts?=20
    > There are some client side values I'd like to set as session vars =
and=20
    > insert into the db?=20
    >=20
    > How do I go about this?=20
    >=20
    > Thanks for any pointers=20
    >=20
    > Davlon=20
    > PS (I'm using powersite 7.1.0.300)=20
    >=20

------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C0006F.44F74700

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DTahoma size=3D2>Sure -- after all, =
psDocument.GetParam() is=20
nothing but a wrapper around the document.value array -- look in the =
objMod.ssc=20
script to see how it's implemented.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DTahoma size=3D2><BR>-- <BR>pbm_hopethishelps,<BR>Roy =
Kiesler=20
[TeamSybase]<BR>Sybase Developer Network (SDN) - <A=20
href=3D"http://sdn.sybase.com">http://sdn.sybase.com</A><BR>MySybase - =
<A=20
href=3D"http://my.sybase.com">http://my.sybase.com</A><BR></DIV></FONT>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
  <DIV>"^*^GothicCastle^*^" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:^*^GothicCastle^*^@hotmail.com">^*^GothicCastle^*^@hotmail=
..com</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:398EE17F.5F0FC493@hotmail.com">news:398EE17F.5F0FC493@hotmai=
l.com</A>...</DIV>Roy,=20

  <P>Thanks for the reply.=20
  <P>If I'm passing these as Page Params could I not pick them up using=20
  psDocument.GetParam('value');?=20
  <P>Davlon=20
  <P>"Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase]" wrote:=20
  <BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=3D"CITE">Pass them as page parameters, e.g.,=20
    <P><A=20
    =
href=3D"http://myserver/myurl?document.referrer=3Dwhatever&amp;navigator.=
appName=3Dyadayada">http://myserver/myurl?document.referrer=3Dwhatever&am=
p;navigator.appName=3Dyadayada</A>=20

    <P>Then, in your server-side script, just loop through the =
document.value=20
    array <BR>and get these values.=20
    <P>-- <BR>pbm_hopethishelps, <BR>Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] <BR>Sybase =

    Developer Network (SDN) - <A=20
    href=3D"http://sdn.sybase.com">http://sdn.sybase.com</A> =
<BR>MySybase - <A=20
    href=3D"http://my.sybase.com">http://my.sybase.com</A>=20
    <P>"^*^GothicCastle^*^" &lt;^*^GothicCastle^*^@hotmail.com&gt; wrote =
in=20
    message <BR><A=20
    =
href=3D"news:398ED68C.E978B802@hotmail.com">news:398ED68C.E978B802@hotmai=
l.com</A>...=20
    <BR>&gt; Hi, <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Can anyone tell me how I can get =
client side=20
    values such as <BR>&gt; document.referrer, navigator.appName etc... =
into=20
    server side scripts? <BR>&gt; There are some client side values I'd =
like to=20
    set as session vars and <BR>&gt; insert into the db? <BR>&gt; =
<BR>&gt; How=20
    do I go about this? <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Thanks for any pointers =
<BR>&gt;=20
    <BR>&gt; Davlon <BR>&gt; PS (I'm using powersite 7.1.0.300) <BR>&gt; =

    <BR>&gt;</P></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C0006F.44F74700--

0
Roy
8/7/2000 4:59:06 PM
--------------42A4906A33A0B735A117EB47

Thanks Roy,

I'll give it a try.

Davlon

"Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase]" wrote:

> Sure -- after all, psDocument.GetParam() is nothing but a wrapper
> around the document.value array -- look in the objMod.ssc script to
> see how it's implemented.
> --
> pbm_hopethishelps,
> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase]
> Sybase Developer Network (SDN) - http://sdn.sybase.com
> MySybase - http://my.sybase.com
>
>      "^*^GothicCastle^*^" <^*^GothicCastle^*^@hotmail.com> wrote
>      in message news:398EE17F.5F0FC493@hotmail.com...Roy,
>
>      Thanks for the reply.
>
>      If I'm passing these as Page Params could I not pick them up
>      using psDocument.GetParam('value');?
>
>      Davlon
>
>      "Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase]" wrote:
>
>     > Pass them as page parameters, e.g.,
>     >
>     > http://myserver/myurl?document.refe
>     > rer=whatever&navigator.appName=yadayada
>     >
>     > Then, in your server-side script, just loop through the
>     > document.value array
>     > and get these values.
>     >
>     > --
>     > pbm_hopethishelps,
>     > Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase]
>     > Sybase Developer Network (SDN) - http://sdn.sybase.com
>     > MySybase - http://my.sybase.com
>     >
>     > "^*^GothicCastle^*^" <^*^GothicCastle^*^@hotmail.com>
>     > wrote in message
>     > news:398ED68C.E978B802@hotmail.com...
>     > > Hi,
>     > >
>     > > Can anyone tell me how I can get client side values such
>     > as
>     > > document.referrer, navigator.appName etc... into server
>     > side scripts?
>     > > There are some client side values I'd like to set as
>     > session vars and
>     > > insert into the db?
>     > >
>     > > How do I go about this?
>     > >
>     > > Thanks for any pointers
>     > >
>     > > Davlon
>     > > PS (I'm using powersite 7.1.0.300)
>     > >
>     > >

--------------42A4906A33A0B735A117EB47

Thanks Roy,
-- after all, psDocument.GetParam() is nothing but a wrapper around the
document.value array -- look in the objMod.ssc script to see how it's implemented.</font></font>&nbsp;
style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">"^*^GothicCastle^*^"
&lt;<a href="mailto:^*^GothicCastle^*^@hotmail.com">^*^GothicCastle^*^@hotmail.com</a>>
wrote in message <a href="news:398EE17F.5F0FC493@hotmail.com">news:398EE17F.5F0FC493@hotmail.com</a>...Roy,
array
and

--------------42A4906A33A0B735A117EB47--

0
GothicCastle

can clear server side text box value from client side.?
Hi, function Disab() {    if(document.all.chkSPTariff.checked)     {        document.all.txtVFX.disabled=false document.all.txtVHSFO.disabled=false    }  else  {     document.all.txtVFX.disabled=true document.all.txtVFX.value=""               }   This is how i am clearing  the  text for <asp:TextBox>. Ofter i submit, i wonder to see the old value from serverside , like txtTemp.Text is h...

textbox value set on client side, is not visible on server side or, on the source of the page.
hi, I have a textbox on my webform. the first time I load my page I fill this textbox with  "name" on the server side. once the page is loaded I set the value of the textbox to "thisIsme" with client side code. I even see a different text in the texbox. client side:document.all('txtnameInput').value =  'thisIsme'; server side:Me.txtnaam.Text 'is stil "name" and not "thisIsme" Why is this happening? on the webpage I see the text "thisIsme", but when I look at the source of the webpage I still see the old value in it. it's very odd... I am NOT setting the value back to "name...

Client side Values to Server values
Hi all, I'm using Visual Studio 2005 and C#.Net  I have one big security problem. I have one web page for user login. When user click in button "Login" i run some functions of javascript for detect pki credentials and i write the credentials in some textboxes. When the login process end, the user must click in another button for redirect the application to another page. I want pass the login credentials to target page, but i can´t use querystrings in url because is not secure ans i don´t want use cookies because some users have disableded cookies. I want...

Client Side values to Server Side
What is the best way to transfer Client Side values to the Server side? For example I have a variable "var1" in javascript. var1 = "sample"; How can I acquire this value in the server side?  What is the best approach for this?  Barry to send the value to the server during a postback, you need to place the value in an input control.  You could consider using a hidden textbox for that purpose.Mike Banavige~~~~~~~~~~~~Need a site code sample in a different language? Try converting it with: http://converter.telerik.com/ In the JavaScrip...

Client-side values to server-side ?
Hi! My previous query is attached below: I have implemented the below mentioned implementation . 'listbox1' on 'webform1' shows all the values from 'webform2'. I have implemented it using javascript. I would like to know that to implement validation on 'webform1', I would require the values of 'listbox1' ,which are on the client-side , to move to the server-side . I think sending a querystring will be fine but how to implement it using javascript and code-behind(C#)? Your suggestion will be appreciated. Thanks and regards, ap.       My previous query: " I am stuck wi...

Issue obtaining values in server-side from dropdownlist when updating value using client-side script in master page
HiI got a page in a contentplaceholder of a master page. There is two pulldowns. I populate the first one using server side coding and then use client-side javascript. So far so good. The issue is that upon a postback I try to collect the select value of the second pulldown and there is no data in the pulldown and no selected item. I tried using control.selectedvalue (nothing) or searching the form controls Stringvariable = oForm.FindControl("Control")Thing is I've done this before in 1.1 outside of a master page and it works.Thanks in ad...

How to pass values from client side to server side
Hi, Is there a way to transfer variable from a client loop to a server loop. For example: var clitest = 'test'; Now I would like to get test variable from javascript into a server string variable <% sertest = ?? %> I understand that this can be done by storing a variable into a hidden control for example and than access it using server side, but when I have to transfer an array for example it get's a little more complicated. I was wondering is there more efficient approach? You can't transfer arrays, only strings. To workaround this problem pass delimited stri...

How to pass the client side values to server side?
 hello to All,Actually i wanna implement a code like... a string in HTML textbox retrieve in server side control....suppose i hv a HTML control <input type="text" id="txtHTML"/>, and dis control  txtHTML.text="abc".now i want to retrieve dis client side string "abc" in d server side textbox named "txtASP"...which hs a property runat="server"so please give me an idea how to pass values from client side to server side.... hope u understand a problem... sam.  You could do this <input type="text"...

how to pass values from client side to server side #2
Hi Guys....               This is Aani....I'm using ASP.NET in C# language.i have created one webpage for get input from user(from java script inputbox).i want that entered data in server side operations.how can i pass that value from client side server side.i need proper code in C# language.reply me soon... Thanks is Advanced... Regards....Aani plz use hidden field.ur assing values to text boxes through java script. before post back call a java scipt function to assign value to hodden fieed. even u can add these ...

How to get the Client side values in server side code.
Hi all, i have a proble i need to get the client side javascript values in C# code at server side. how can i pass those values? i am using version 1.1, i kno thatwe can use callback events mechnisam in 2.0 or ajax ,apart from that how we can pass? My problem is i need to stop the execution of the code based on after reciving values from the client   any ideas please???   Million thanks RamCheersRam MCP Hello Ram, a common approach is from javascript set an hidden field, then issue a postback. On the server-side, handle the post-back. Feel free to go deeper in your que...

Problem passing value client-side to server-side
I have a page that calls a pop-up while passing an encrypted value via a query string. The value is encrypted on the parent client-side in javascript so it needs to be decrypted client-side as well. This decryption occurs on closing the child (popup) and I am at a loss of when and how I should get this value to the server-side. On the popup you just want to process server side code? Anytime you can access for example the raw url:string raw = Page.Request.RawUrl;If you need to access any values on the client side you can access the url using javascript. Another idea is to, on the code beh...

Check values in client side then go to server side
Hi, I am developing an application that allows users to update their personal informations. I want to check if mandotary fields are empty or not in client side with a java script when the user press the update button. If all mandotary fields are full(that will be decided with a java script), then server side function which updates the related database table will be run. How can I do this... I don't want to check mandotary fields in server side. I am sure, there should be an easy way. How ... ? Thanks. Sure... use a custom validator and name your javascript function to run. Inside...

passing client side variable value to server side
 i have a grid and  by click on the rows, the onrowclick event is fired on client side. I want to pass the row index to the server side. As there are not sessions variables in javascript so i am stuck to pass the row to the server side.. I have made a texbox and set its valueto the index in the onrowclick event but when refresh calls, the text box became empty as the value set is on client side, i want page to persistthe value,  How can i do that? Tel me some way passing the row index to the server side?? Hi, You can call GridView_SelectedIndexChanging event on row click ev...

Setting the value of server side variable in javascript and wants to use that server side variable on page load.
Hi, I am trying to set the value of a server side variable in javascript and wants to use that variable on page load.  Here is my sample code. -------------------------- private string testVal = null;  private void registerScript(){ if (!this.Page.ClientScript.IsClientScriptBlockRegistered("RequestHeaderValidation")){ StringBuilder sb = new StringBuilder("" + Environment.NewLine);sb.Append(" var version = '2.0'; " + Environment.NewLine); sb.Append(" var isInstalled = Silverlight.isInstalled(version);" + Environment.NewLine)...

Web resources about - How can I set client side values as server side values? - sybase.easerver

Italy of Values - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
At European level, the IdV party is member of the European Liberal Democrat and Reform Party (ELDR) and the Alliance of Liberals and Democrats ...

Facebook Is No. 5 on Glassdoor’s Top 25 Companies for Culture & Values
Facebook placed fifth on the 2014 list of Top 25 Companies for Culture & Values from social jobs and career community Glassdoor , which was released ...

Glassdoor: Facebook rated No. 5 nationally in culture, values
Facebook has been highly-rated by its employees for culture and values , coming in at No. 5 overall nationally in a new Glassdoor report . Twitter ...

Gay Family Values (@Depfox) on Twitter
Sign in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here Gay Family Values @ Depfox ...

Common Lab Values on the App Store on iTunes
Get Common Lab Values on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Lila Rose 2009 Values Voter Speech: Part 2 of 2 - YouTube
This speech was given September, 2009 in Washington, DC at the Omni Shoreham Hotel. Lila Rose is the President of Live Action. Learn more about ...

Married Life: For parents, Ramadan is a time to think about values that are passed down
I worry that my 22-month-old baby will grow up thinking Ramadan is all about the food.

Melbourne Storm coach Craig Bellamy values indigenous jerseys
Bellamy says he likes Storm's Indigenous playing strip and would be happy to see it used more.

Tanya Plibersek warns Tony Abbott against using conservative values to dictate foreign aid
Labor is warning Tony Abbott not to let his social conservatism dictate foreign aid by stripping funding from services that provide abortions ...

Migrants must follow Australian values, says Frank Lowy
... boat person who became a shopping centre billionaire, has called on migrants to honour the ''great unwritten deal'' to follow Australian values ...