Hide datawindow column in html datawindow

Is there anyway I can hide a datawindow column in the generated html? I
can't make the visible property to false because doing that will not
generate the column. I want the column with type as hidden in generated
javascript.

-Hitesh

0
Hitesh

I don't think this is in the works for the next release but I know of
several people who have mentioned it in the past.  Try adding an
enhancement request (I think you can do this through my.sybase.com).

steve
[TeamSybase]

Hitesh Patel wrote:

> Is there anyway I can hide a datawindow column in the generated html? I
> can't make the visible property to false because doing that will not
> generate the column. I want the column with type as hidden in generated
> javascript.
>
> -Hitesh
0
Steve
7/7/2000 2:07:45 PM
Use the visible attribute=0.  this works OK in IE but not currently in
netscape.

--

Larry Cermak [Team Sybase]
Corporate Technology Partners, Inc.

TechWave2000 Presentations
AM34, Extending the Web DataWindow (Mon-Tue / Wed-Thurs)
IA317, Building a Web DataWindow Component (Mon 1:30/Wed 3:30)
IA318, Web DataWindow Design Considerations (Tue 3:30)
IA347, Moving To The Web (Tue 1:30)
IA367, Advanced Web DataWindows (Mon 3:30/Wed 1:30)

"Hitesh Patel" <hpatel@cbsinc.com> wrote in message
> Is there anyway I can hide a datawindow column in the generated html? I
> can't make the visible property to false because doing that will not
> generate the column. I want the column with type as hidden in generated
> javascript.
>
> -Hitesh

0
Larry

HTML Datawindow Generator
Hi, I am having a strange problem updating columns with dropdown datawindows. I am sorry for the long message. But to explain things, I needed to do that. I copied the code from pbdwrmt.pbl and created a custome datawindow generator component and delpoyed it to Jagusr. I am using a datawindow which has multiple drop down datawindows. None of them has retrieval arguments. The retrieval of the main datawindow worked fine and the drop down datawindows showed data. But I see "error on Page" in the browser status bar when th page is loaded. I have an update button in th...

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...

datawindow.column.count not returning the column count of a datawindow
I am having problems with the datawindow.column.count property of a datawindow. It just started happening with PB 6.501 and still works fine in PB 5.0. The function that looks at this property is in an ancestor userobject. The dataobject is assigned at this point but all other properties of the datawindow are missing. Any suggestions? Don't recall, but was it still dwDescribe() in version 5.0? If it was that may be your problem. HTH Kent Montgomery wrote: > I am having problems with the datawindow.column.count property of a > datawindow. It just started happenin...

DropDown Datawindow in HTML datawindow
Hi We are going to move from PB 6.5 to PB 7 only because of internet applications. We would like to know some information abut HTML DataWindow. In a HTML Data Window, assume that we have 3 columns. All the 3 coloumns have DropDownDataWindow. Based first column value which I'm going to select I need to populate the second field DropDown DataWindow and based on the first column value and second column value , the 3rd column dropdown datawindow has to be populated. Is it possible in HTML DataWindow. Based on the solution only we can start the project. T...

DataWindow.NET
I'm using DataWindow.NET 1.5.1 9004 on a Windows XP Professional SP 2 machine with the latest Microsoft Update patches. The release notes indicate that change request 385532 is corrected. However, if I configure my computer to use a Windows XP theme the border does not render as expected; a blue bordered box is displayed. If I configure my computer to use a Windows Classic theme the border is rendered as expected. Is there something else I need to do to get the datawindow object column borders to render correctly when using a Windows XP theme? Ken Are you using 3D Lower...

Html-datawindow vs web-datawindow
Hi! We have mede some pages using datawindowbuilder. There we used html-datawindows. Now we have upgraded to PB8 and here it is called web-datawindow. What is the differense? 40% of the pages arnt working after we migrated to PB8. It seems like there have been some changes? Regards Staale What errors are you seeing with the problem pages? A. Staale wrote: > Hi! > > We have mede some pages using datawindowbuilder. > There we used html-datawindows. > Now we have upgraded to PB8 and here it is called web-datawindow. > What is the differense? >...

Drop Down Datawindows in a HTML Datawindow not working
Hi, I have a HTML Datawindow with some dropdown datawindows in it. Everything works fine except the drop down datawindows. The dddw's work fine in PB or Datawindow Builder. All the dataobjects are in one pbl. Any idea... Thanks.. Reddy Can you take a look at the generated HTML and see if the data from the dddw is present? The way it works is that the dddw is retrieved and then the rows used in the html. Can you tell if it is being retrieved? Also, does it work from previewing in PowerDynamo? -- Build Your Future With PowerBuilder 7.0 www.c...

Hiding datawindow columns
Does anyone know if there is a problem with using dot notation to hide columns in PB 9.01 build 6533 from script ? e.g. dw_1.Object.[column name].Visible = FALSE I've tried it in PB 6.5 and it works ok. When I run in PB 9.01, I get null object reference. Nevermind. did a full rebuild and everything works now. "DT" <david.taylor@integritycompanies.com> wrote in message news:3fd10857@forums-1-dub... > Does anyone know if there is a problem with using dot notation to hide > columns in PB 9.01 build 6533 from script ? > e.g. > dw_1.Object.[co...

Embedded DataWindow within the new HTML DataWindow
Hi All, Does the new HTML datawindow support embedded HTML datawindows? Thanks. Andy Egleston In a word, no. Here's an extract from an upcoming article I wrote for PBDJ on the HTMLDW and the presentation styles it supports: Presentation Style Report (non-updateable) Form (updateable) ================== ======================= ================= Composite No (HTMLDW not supported) No (HTMLDW not supported) Cross-tab Yes No (cannot set tab order) Freeform Yes Yes Graph ...

Populating a column with a dropdown datawindow within a datawindow.
I have a datawindow which contains two fields. One is named "customer_name" and the other is "job_siteno". these fields are contained in two different tables which are related by a foreign key column "cust_id". Both of these columns have a DDDW edit control. When I select the customer name I want to then have the "job_siteno" column populated with all the site numbers related to this particular customer. I would then be able to select the site number from the DDDW edit control. Selecting the customer number is no problem. My problem is that th...

HTML Datawindow DTC vs. Datawindow DTC
Can anyone tell me if the HTML Datawindow DTC provides an 'easy' way to make columns sortable like you can in the Datawindow DTC? Thanks, NP To do this you can code the following: <SCRIPT> htmlDW.SetSort('#1 A'); htmlDW.Sort(); </SCRIPT> This code could be tied to a drop down list box or a set of radio buttons that contains the column names to be sorted. Regards, Dan van Leeuwen On Wed, 12 May 1999 16:48:40 -0500, "Noah Pruzek" <npruzek@hotmail.com> wrote: >Can anyone tell me if the HTML Datawindow DTC provides an...

HTML Datawindow Update() with modified DropDown Datawindow
Is it possible to modify the contents of a Drop Down Datawindow on a HTML Datawindow and for this to be accepted by the generated Update statement? By Default the Drop Down Datawindow converts to a Non-editable <SELECT> field on the HTML page. But I want to be able to add a new option into the list, just as you can in an Editiable DDLB in PB. I can achieve this by extending the Element array in javascript and adding the new option in, this works fine and the new option appears in the HTML <SELECT> control. But when I submit the Update() this ignores my new addition and ...

Deploying datawindow reports using HTML Datawindow.
Hi all, we are trying to put some of our datawindow reports from the current PowerBuilder application on to the Web. Most of the datawindows include nested reports and N-Up presentation styles. With the help of manuals and other documents, we set up the EAServer environment and tried to implement a few reports, but so far, only simple tabular and grid datawindows come up fine but not others. There was one N-Up style datawindow, which had all the rows overlapped and the header information not displaying correctly. In case of Nested reports, a document says that they are not suppor...

Web resources about - Hide datawindow column in html datawindow - sybase.easerver

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo